Author Topic: LGBTQ meet up?  (Read 8564 times)

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
    • Long neglected deviantart site
LGBTQ meet up?
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:06:24 pm »
i see they have one at 6 on sunday but i kind of want to meet some people before that ^_^ any takers?
()()
(**)
(___)0
If love is blind, then I have 20/20 vision

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
Re: LGBTQ meet up?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:09:08 am »
wow, i didnt think i would find any other LBGT's here. wish i would have seen this thread before i went to embers tonight (fri) I went out in full drag tonight, just got back an hour ago. msg me directly or email me at pyronine@yahoo.com we should get together.
=^_^=

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 08:13:07 am »
I would love to get together before Monday. But I think Monday will be it...We could plan a monthly meeting afterwords...?
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 12:08:49 pm »
I would love to get together before Monday. But I think Monday will be it...We could plan a monthly meeting afterwords...?

Sure, but are you 16 or hopefully older, 18? your profile says 16. I have been walking around since 6am taking photos, i am currently Lelouch from code geass in his street clothes ( greyish pants, black shirt w redish jacket). i just got done uploading 600 photos of the con. and i am off to take more. i am have been on the west side of the building most of the morning taking pictures of everyone in line to register.
=^_^=

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:26:40 pm »
aww i wish i had internet during the con! the panel was fun but i with i could have hung out with people more ^_^ everyone kind of raced out of there once it was over XD
()()
(**)
(___)0

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 08:15:32 pm »
Sadly, couldn't go...
I still think it'd be fun to plan a monthly thing or something...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 10:03:16 pm »
The LGBTQ meet-up at Kumoricon was a really interesting panel, but I think it would be nice to have a more inter-personal type meet-up. Something like Nekovamp suggested might be a good idea. =3
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 01:01:18 am »
Like a Kumoricon GSA!

I'd be willing to help run it, but am not able to do it by myself...

If we do start something, where would we like to hold it? Park? Someone's house? Ideas???
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 07:23:04 pm »
ill have my house to myself starting saturday the 19th til thursday the 24th, so thats an option for the first one anyway ^_^ though maybe we should meet in a public place in case someone creepy/scary shows up...  :-\
()()
(**)
(___)0

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 07:28:47 pm »
Hmm, yeah, a public place is probably the best option. Somewhere that's easy to get to on the MAX, preferably. Any ideas? ' w '
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 10:49:55 pm »
The LGBTQ meet-up at Kumoricon was a really interesting panel, but I think it would be nice to have a more inter-personal type meet-up. Something like Nekovamp suggested might be a good idea. =3

As the person who ran the panel, I would like to address that. I had intended it to be more inter-personal meet-up style, but with such a ridiculously large turnout and such a small room, that seemed sort of impossible. That's why I seemed super flustered :D

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 10:53:21 pm »
I thought you did a really great job! I was glad that I got a chance to learn about more animes and how they portray homosexuality. Inter-personal get-togethers are the reason we have the forums to plan things. =3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 12:01:17 am »
I thought you did a really great job! I was glad that I got a chance to learn about more animes and how they portray homosexuality. Inter-personal get-togethers are the reason we have the forums to plan things. =3

Well thanks, hearing that means a lot to me. :3

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 10:41:01 pm »
I was really upset I missed this. ;~;
My friend that was staying with me highlighted it in our schedule, and we left it at home the second day and neither of us made it. I remembered about it five minutes before it ended. OTL
DESPAIR..

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 11:37:42 pm »
Well then maybe you can come to the after-Kumoricon LGBTQ meetup! :3 As soon as we figure out when and where to have it that is. ' w ';
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 01:03:50 am »
My friend that was staying with me highlighted it in our schedule, and we left it at home the second day and neither of us made it. I remembered about it five minutes before it ended. OTL
DESPAIR..

Despair, you missing the panel has left you in despair?... I hope somebody gets that or I'm going to seem really weird XD.

But don't despair, we'll be having it next year and it'll be better! And we'll keep having it and it will (hopefully) keep getting better!

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 04:54:14 pm »

Despair, you missing the panel has left you in despair?... I hope somebody gets that or I'm going to seem really weird XD.

But don't despair, we'll be having it next year and it'll be better! And we'll keep having it and it will (hopefully) keep getting better!

Oh god, Lawl XD

Well I don't know what happend at the meet as well, but if you want an idea, there's a LGBTQ teen club, pretty close to the con.
Done:
Garterbelt (Panty & Stocking)
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 11:00:30 am »
Like a Kumoricon GSA!

I'd be willing to help run it, but am not able to do it by myself...

If we do start something, where would we like to hold it? Park? Someone's house? Ideas???
I apologize for poking my head in on this, but I really like the GSA idea. We have one at my school. ^^
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 05:21:34 pm »
DESPAIR..

..I love you now. XD /sound creepy, but i assure you i'm not/ SZS IS MY FAVOURITE SERIES EVER.
I'M EXCITED
I will totally attend next year <33

@Auricle
That sounds fun !
I'd love to go to that c:

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 10:31:02 pm »
Zetsubou shita! Orz XD So where would we all like to meet up? I'd like to suggest maybe Lloyd center or the Rose Garden. I'd rather go to someplace like the Rose Garden because it's pretty and it gives everyone a chance to sit and talk for a while.

However, it would be outside and at this time of year rain is almost guaranteed. A mall might be an okay place if we don't have too many people, but it seems that we're a pretty small-medium group right now so that could be a good option.

What does everyone else think as far as location goes? Any suggestions? =3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 11:27:46 pm »
:O I wanna go! Count me in! xD I just... can't tell my mom it's a LGBTQ meet-up. I can tell her it's a cosplay one, though.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 11:29:54 pm »
I'M IN DESPAIR
THE INTERNET HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR
OTL;;
..alright, I'm so done with that now, I swear XDD

Well, I think your idea of going to the Rose Garden is lovely, it'd be a better environment and ..well, something different. >u>
/is a bit sick of going to the mall lately, unless I hafta buy something/
But the mall is a good backup plan in case it does rain. It /is/ Oregon.. XD
But yeah, I do vote for the Rose Garden :33

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 11:34:58 pm »
I concur 8D
KumoriCon 2012

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 08:50:10 pm »
Sadly I will not be joining you all, I now live in Eugene. But I'll be back for Kumoricon next year! :3

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 10:22:17 pm »
@Raven: Aaaw, it's sad that you're so far away now. )'= At least we'll see you next K-con! Even if it is a whole year away. ; w ;

@Mitsukai: I kind of assumed it was a cosplay meet as well, right? Unless I'm totally wrong. ='D

@everyone: So it looks like the rose garden is a good choice. Maybe we'll get lucky and we won't get rained on. And even though the roses aren't really in bloom anymore, the fall colors would be nice to watch together. The only question now is what date would we like to get together on?
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 10:25:35 pm »
yeah, my mom just doesn't... know... yet... xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 10:30:26 pm »
Ah, you'll get there eventually. I did after most of my adolescence. ='D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 11:38:12 pm »
I was so disappointed I didn't come to this this year. T.T I really wanted to, but I was with my friends, and they didn't seem to interested......But I definitely wanna go next year! And if there's any meet-ups between. -w- I live real close to Clackamas Town Center, so that's always a fun cosplay location. X3

And in response to the few posts above me, not to worry! My parents don't know either~ -w- <3

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 11:50:16 pm »
Raven Aww, sad day! ;A; Now I'm even more upset I couldn't make it to the meeting, I'll have to wait until next year to meet you. OTL''
/FAILURE/

Auricle Yay, Rose Gardens ~~
..but ffff,
I have no idea about dates. XD;;
I just know that for the first couple weeks or so of October, I'll be gone a lot. >u>;

everyone
LOL
MY PARENTS DON'T KNOW EITHER
8D;;;
It'd be a bit difficult dealing with them if I did while I was still living with them,
what with their SUPER RELIGIOUS POWERSSSS
D:
..and it's not just them, it's my entire family. Suuucks. : /

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 03:54:12 pm »
Don't worry paprika. o.o I'm in the same situation. ^^; My family is old catholic. And my mom is actually a Reverend. >.>;;; So I'm in a tight situation as well. -w-

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 05:06:36 pm »
Raven Aww, sad day! ;A; Now I'm even more upset I couldn't make it to the meeting, I'll have to wait until next year to meet you. OTL''
/FAILURE/

>.> I'm really nothing special. But I'll look forward to meeting you as well! If you stick around on the forums I'll mention who I'm going to be cosplaying (once I've decided XD) and that'll make me easier to find even if you miss the panel.

To queer kids with religious parents: I am sorry. We all feel for you, really. It should get better after you move out of their house.

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 10:19:53 pm »
Vampire Ohdear, that must be really hard. ;u; I'm sorry..
WE SHALL PREVAIL~

Raven Liessss. p:
And yay ~
I'm trying to get more active on the forums lately, so I'll keep an eye out. :3

Thank you. <3

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 10:07:25 pm »
So I have a horror story, and a good story for you guys.

So when I came out, my mom and dad were totally accepting and chillaxed about it. My whole family is fine with it, and I was terrified that they would spaz and kick me out or something. Luckily, my parents are much more tolerant and open-minded than I had thought. So, there is hope you guys! : D

On the other hand, my friend came out to her mom today and did get kicked out of the house. She has friends she can live with so she's fine and everything. Plus, she's a gay rights activist and lobbyist so she really does have a huge support network. So the lesson here is, if you're really afraid that you could get kicked out, make sure that you have friends that will take you in before you come out!

Anyways, I just thoght I would share with you stories from both ends of the spectrum. If you have any encouraging words for her, I would love to be able to pass them on~ =3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Michiyo

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 05:12:47 pm »
Hey you guys, I was at the K-con meet-up, I was Tamao from SP if anyone remembers me (well, Auricle does, but that's cause we met up later). I don't know if I would be able to make meet-ups, I too would have to call them cosplay meet ups, but that's another story, but I love the idea, and if I can I would like to.
Kumoricon '12 Cosplays:

Rainbow Dash (MLP:FiM) - 80% done
Jake English (Homestuck) - 70% done

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 10:29:13 pm »
hey guys ^_^ school makes my schedule pretty hectic, but im gonna be at the invading fright town meet up on friday if anyone wants to hang out there.. and nekovamps the organizer right? im probably gonna be halloween-style jill valentine. also maybe we could have a meet up at kcon lite if it ever gets planned -_-

oh! and if anyones gonna be at PSU tomorrow ill be walking around in my domo-kun costume! XD
()()
(**)
(___)0

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:35 am »
Even super religious parents can be accepting to your lifestyle, If they were true practitioners they should be more open then most.  You can even form a closer relationship with your parents when you tell them how you feel.  ^.^

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 07:44:33 am »
>.> I know this topic is a tad old, but I haven't seen very many Valentine's meet ups, and I thought perhaps it might be fun to have a LGBTQ meet up around Valentines day? Anyone interested? lol

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 06:27:53 pm »
>.> I know this topic is a tad old, but I haven't seen very many Valentine's meet ups, and I thought perhaps it might be fun to have a LGBTQ meet up around Valentines day? Anyone interested? lol

Well, now that I am a UoO student, I am sorta in Eugene for most of the year; so I can't really help coordinate anything except the panel itself (I'm home for the summer). But I do think it sounds like a lovely idea!

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 08:50:14 pm »

Well, now that I am a UoO student, I am sorta in Eugene for most of the year; so I can't really help coordinate anything except the panel itself (I'm home for the summer). But I do think it sounds like a lovely idea!
Maybe we should wait till summer.  Cause most people will be free from school and planning would be better XD
Done:
Garterbelt (Panty & Stocking)
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 12:57:30 am »
/late reply is also late, sorry! ;A;
I would love to have another meetup! <3 Summer would be good, like Tobias suggested. XD
IT SPARKLES WITH ME. 8D /shot.

Offline Michiyo

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:44 pm »
Summer sounds good to me too.
Kumoricon '12 Cosplays:

Rainbow Dash (MLP:FiM) - 80% done
Jake English (Homestuck) - 70% done