Author Topic: the official 2010 cosplay progress thread :3  (Read 262697 times)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: the official 2010 cosplay progress thread :3
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2009, 01:19:02 pm »
Totally just put together the inside pieces of a Green Lantern power battery. It looks amazingly awesome, and it's totally gonna glow when I'm done and be really really really cool.

:D

Offline Kisitiene

• Bunnygirl
    • Miniskirts Anonymous DA
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2009, 01:26:47 pm »
I lied. XP
Instead of Rin or Lust I started on the top for Faye... >.> I got my outline cut and I'm about to cut the fabric...

:: Schedule ::
Mon-Fri : School (8-2)
Thurs : Art Club (2-4)
Fri : Debate Club (2-4)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2009, 03:37:53 pm »
I got fabric for Ash and Byakuran but haven't touched it and I just ordered my reborn wig XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2009, 04:29:23 pm »

Worked on muh Lammy a bit this weekend. My shirt is close to being done. I was kinda wobbly on the outside black line so I want to go over it again and make it look a little crisper, gotta paint the face on it too. Figured I should hem the shirt too since her's is a little shorter, I just have it folded under because I'm too lazy to drag out my sewing machine.

The watch band is done, the dial looks like a piece of **** though so I'm going to rip it off and make another one. Got my shoes painted though! Finishing the shirt and watch over the week though. The ears and horns, pants, and guitar will get done over the next weekend. I also got some coupons in my email for Jo-anns, so I'll be going out to buy some denim for my other costume for Akicon :>
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

oslapedo

« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2009, 04:34:22 pm »
I don't know who Lammy is but you look adorable, boogie :D

I got a crapload of green fleece for Nayuki's frog thing http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/Kanon/Kanon%20-%2024%20-%20Large%2001.jpg

And I also got a lion costume pattern so I can try to make a Lion King kigurumi sorta thing. All that for less than $10, yay sales at Joans!

Offline Kisitiene

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2009, 04:41:50 pm »
I'm almost done with Faye's top. XP I just need to do the collar, edges, and a bit of the inside... However I'm feeling lazy and probably won't do that today... Besides, I'm in the mood to work on Belle...

oslapedo

« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2009, 05:40:56 pm »
I just found out how to make plushies with hot glue, I won't have to splutter at sewing now! So happy~

Offline Kisitiene

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2009, 12:25:03 am »
Lust :: Wig is in the mail. Hopefully will come this week. | Gloves need red marks | Need to practice to Oroborus more | Need to make her dress...
Blair :: Complete! X3 | Might make a pumpkin for her out of foam~<3
Rin :: Need to make her shirt...
Rin :: The outfit is a birthday gift from a friend so I have no clue how this is going~<3
Winter!Belle :: Working on the cloak! I just need to add trim and the hood. | Need to make the dress.
Faye :: Started on Shirt, almost done with it. XP
Blind!Secret :: Um...I have eyewraps...? >.> Other than that I got nothin...

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2009, 09:46:39 am »
Larxene wig is on the way. Next pay check I will get the white material to finish Trance Kuja and then get some pictures of that :3....then I will pretty much be done with costumes >_>

oslapedo

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:53 pm »
I got my Kanon cosplay, rabuuu~

I just need to get/style a wig, get black thigh highs, make my huge frog, and make/get a briefcase. WAHOO <3

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2009, 05:37:12 pm »
Larxene wig is on the way. Next pay check I will get the white material to finish Trance Kuja and then get some pictures of that :3....then I will pretty much be done with costumes >_>

Nikki, you never posted pictures of your new hair >.>
I wanna see it!

@ Boogie (Nikki)
I'm with Osla, No clue who Lammy is, but it's adorable!
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2009, 06:20:49 pm »
I know :P I have a nice picture at home but I haven't gotten it scanned in yet :P

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2009, 06:27:50 pm »
I know :P I have a nice picture at home but I haven't gotten it scanned in yet :P

-hugs-
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »
Back on cosplay progress. I got my binder today. It works quite well, very comfortable and binds very very well. I am going to wear it all night to make sure that I can handle it for a long period of time.

After Halloween I will be getting very very small paychecks for the next few weeks. Working only one day every two weeks will get about $50 or $60 so I am going to be getting my material for the rest of trance before then. Maybe even this weekend.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #264 on: October 20, 2009, 01:55:06 am »
I'm getting a paycheck this week, and once i finish this commission, a slightly larger one should be headed towards me. I'm going to save this small one (someone only has $13.55 in the bank ><)
but hopefully I can buy the green for Gardevoir, OR get my sister to pay and get some stuff for Luca (or Silk, depending on who inspires me most!)
I worked more on my in detail plan and Silk is fleshing out to be around $200 dollars and at least 4 months (and easily more) of work, but I think I can do it! I have a pretty steady source of income, even though I hate the work, and I'm trying to get my cosplay commissions up and running! ^^
I've estimated i'm about 10% done with all the cosplays for next year!
(unless I add more, which I probably will! ><)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2009, 08:47:40 pm »
I got the contacts me and Mei Long ordered a few weeks ago! I'm a little disappointed with mine. I didn't think my eyes were super dark so I thought the contacts would make them a little more lighter blue and to make my eyes look a little bigger. OH WELL, about all they do is uniform the color. Whaddya guys think though? Are they doing anything for me?

None the less I got a cute pufferfish contact case that I can put future contacts into.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 08:48:32 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2009, 09:51:11 pm »
its a bit lighter around your pupil.. but its kinda hard to tell. Maybe in more light it will be more apparent? ^^

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #267 on: October 23, 2009, 02:34:09 pm »
Painting an even, thin, curvy line......I have a shake...this hurts D':

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #268 on: October 23, 2009, 05:17:59 pm »
I am bored so I started making a mask. I also got a good binder and I only plan on wearing that so I am extending part of my Kuja costume so it doesn't show. I hope to have the mask done tonight. It seems very FFIX like so I am excited. After it gets done I will see if I need to add feathers. I should try it out with the wig first.

Oh by the way the mask is for Kuja (regular version).

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #269 on: October 23, 2009, 05:21:09 pm »
I successfully wore my Luca wig for a day (trying out the styling, seeing what i need to snip and such) and I think its all good! it has a few out-of-place strands to snip, but aside from that I think it works great! ^^

I bought more cloth for Gardevior and I should have the gown plan and/or actual piece done by monday! ^^

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2009, 05:51:24 pm »
NOTHING. I HAVE NOTHING DONE.

Okay so maybe I have like 30% done for Kaiba but that's practically nothing in my book. I want to work on them now so I can be done with them but I need to work on my s-con cosplays first. x_x And even then, I don't have much done.

I'm going to start sewing Meg's shirt right now. :o

Btw Nukka, that is one spiffy cute lense case. <3 And there's a slight difference but not much with the color in your eyes.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2009, 10:29:03 am »
My progress is being stunted because I keep adding more cosplay to my list :D

Once I order the wig, make the frog, and get black socks for Nayuki I'll be done. I have the money for the wig and socks, and the materials for the frog- I just need to do it.

Offline Kisitiene

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2009, 10:37:22 am »
>.> I added another cosplay (Have yet to put it in sig) and I got bored so I started working on that. I made a little Lolita hat for C.C. from, I think it was, Episode 15. Whichever one Mao came in at...

Today I want to make my duct tape body and start on the shirt for C.C. and finish Faye's shirt.
If I don't get the body done I'll start on either C.C.'s skirts or Faye's short shorts...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »
Here you go Soundy I finally got a picture of my new hair on my computer
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs50/300W/f/2009/298/c/a/one_girl_revolution_by_nikkiolie.jpg

As for progress my Larxene wig is on its way and my Halloween costume is all done.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2009, 10:56:27 pm »
WORKING SO HARD. AND I'D LIKE TO WELCOME YOU ALL INTO ANOTHER CHAPTER OF BOOGIE MAKES A SWEET ASS PROP.

Muchos progresso. I have felt really productive today.
I ended up hemming my shirt, buying pants (Not the exact color but oh well D: Everywhere is selling ugly ass skinny jeans and not much else), sewing the yellow pocket for the pants, almost finishing my watch, and starting on my geeeeeetar.

Still gotta make my ears and horn, sew the green pockets and attach both the yellow and green, finish my guitar, finish up my watch, and make a guitar strap.

THEN ONTO NIGHTIE BRIDGET :'D

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:56:57 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

oslapedo

« Reply #275 on: October 25, 2009, 11:03:57 pm »
^ LOOKING COOL, I WANT YOUR WHITE BELT

My progress: I spray painted my disastrous Mimi hat even though I'm not doing the cosplay anymore, hohoho.

EDIT- So this is what I get for googling Lammy

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/lammy3.jpg

:D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:14:58 pm by oslapedo »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2009, 11:10:41 pm »
But Mimi is <3 D:
Also you can get that belt here for under 2 dollars minus shipping ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:11:05 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

oslapedo

« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2009, 11:17:31 pm »
I AM GETTING THAT

To replace my crappy belt from my Meiko cosplay and maybe to inspire me to do a Trace Memory cosplay. THX FOR THE INSPIRATION, BRO.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2009, 11:45:09 pm »
What I cant believe is that Naruto is so famous that they even have a costume at HOT TOPIC!
Although..My MGS cosplay is almost done..I just need a few pouches...and a eyepatch, and a headband...SO YA!
On Renton Thurston I need pockets and the black fly fish on the back...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2009, 01:51:50 pm »
Got the thigh high white socks and pink ribbons for Luca, I have to attach about a yd of ribbon to the back top of the sockings, then I have to buy these shoes:

I'm going to cut down the sides and back, and remove the strap.
Like so:

but I also want to add this toe thing:

Does anyone know how to do this? how would I add on both the toe part and more heel?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:50:44 pm by NightLotus »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2009, 03:35:18 pm »
I need those shoes for my halloween costume XD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2009, 05:10:38 pm »
I started working on some of my costumes recently :3

I made my Ma-san ears, which is a costume to go with Nikki's Lammy. These don't look too awesome, so I'm considering them prototypes.

After looking closer, I need
1. Better colored thread for ears
2. Smaller dynamite
3. Gray dynamite top

For reference:
A pic:

And, even better, a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTQZ_SxiVZo

Now, I have a lot of leeway with the outfit. I'm planning on one of two outfits:
-Red dress
-Short red dress w/ light brown bloomers
I'm leaning slightly towards bloomers because it would be, I think, cuter and also slightly warmer. I'm a newbie at sewing so I'm trying to keep it simple. I've made bloomers before, and it was pretty easy. But for the dress, I have no clue what pattern to use. I've been looking online, and this one is my current favorite:

It looks pretty simple, and I can just use red fabric. I'd also probably get either a red or light brown cardigan to wear over it so I don't get cold.

So, thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:13:54 pm by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2009, 12:56:16 am »
Awesome Katie! I would make the Dynamite stick out of something sturdier then fabric though. Maybe cardboard? Also I like the bloomers idea the best.

In the realm of me, my living room is atrocious. I've been getting the base pieces to my guitar set up. The neck and top are not attached yet, but I just set them on the floor to give a good idea. The only thing that is relatively far is the body. ANYWAYS I RAN OUT OF GLUE, I SHOULD GET SOME SOON.
It looks pretty ugly right now but I can't wait to get it covered in posterboard.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2009, 01:01:53 am »
That awesome! Did you use lightfeather's tutorial? XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2009, 01:22:29 am »
Yeah! It's so far been mostly easy to understand and has worked out perfectly. It's surprisingly sturdy too.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2009, 08:26:06 am »
Oh man, Nikki, the guitar looks awesome! What tutorial are you using? I have to make Katy Kat's guitar with my friend.

Now, for the dynamite, I think I'll use wood. I can paint it, and it'll look better than felt. Joanns sells cheap little wood shapes, so I'll get one next time I'm there. Plus I can drill a little hole for the wick. I might just leave the ears as they are, since they're pretty simple.
For the dress, I think I'll get the pattern I posted above. I'll also make some bloomers to wear underneath. I like to use kona cotton for bloomers, so my underwear doesn't show through. I'll see if they have the right color, or I'll just get white and dye it.
I feel like a hardcore cosplayer now, what with painting wood objects and dying fabric.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2009, 08:58:37 am »
Just be careful that the wood isn't too heavy and pulls down the headband when you wear it. And I can give you the tutorial next time we hang out. It's Featherwieght's Guitar tutorial.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2009, 09:23:22 am »
Oh yeah, I'm going to get that super light wood they have. I'll have to glue it to the headband, and heavy wood would just fall off.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2009, 01:18:00 pm »
Already looking for Sakuracon stuff. Found shoes and shoe paint for Bonne Jenet! They are almost perfect~

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:04 pm »
Got the thigh high white socks and pink ribbons for Luca, I have to attach about a yd of ribbon to the back top of the sockings, then I have to buy these shoes:

I'm going to cut down the sides and back, and remove the strap.
Like so:

but I also want to add this toe thing:

Does anyone know how to do this? how would I add on both the toe part and more heel?
You'll probably have to maybe put some wood on the heel to give it extra height and then you'll have to paint over it anyways since its not red. Thats the best idea I could come up with. I hope it helps somewhat.

I'm so happy I have someone to help me on my cosplays. I have too many things to do with too little time

And I got fabric today! yeah! I'm one step closer to finishing cosplays. XD <3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #290 on: October 29, 2009, 12:32:29 pm »
Anger? I have it. A little rant+a review of Featherwieghts Guitar Tutorial.

So one I just want to put out there that to make just bases for a prop, this is the way to go. His methods are a lot easier then the things I usually do and are actually quiet sturdy. So I had gotten to the point to start making the "skin" of the guitar and I started finding some things that just weren't really working.

• The whole thing is suppose to be covered in Poster board, and as you all may know, it buckles like a son of a bitch under anything moist. So you are suppose to use a glue stick to attach it to the cardboard. I don't know what glue stick he was using, but that stuff won't stay if my life depended on it (Remember grade school and you made an awesome construction paper picture and all of the pieces fall off because glue sticks are the devil? :D Yeah, like that.)
  • He also suggests to make the ridge of the guitar you fill it with hot glue, and then use a piece of comic back to help warm it up and smooth it down. I was following the tutorial to the "t" and, excuse my french, but it looked like a piece of s**t. Air bubbles coming up, it just looked...bad (see the picture on the right.
  • Another problem I had with this is he would ask you to cut out things and just show basic picture of them. Like I see that is suppose to be smaller and on the neck but how much smaller? Someone should have gone through and included these things in the tutorial.
  • I eventually gave up with the hot glue thing. I didn't know what to do to make it smooth and I tried gesso (made the poster board buckle). I ripped that all off and went with the method I use to usually make props (brown packing paper, elmers glue, gesso on top sanded after a few layers). I included a picture. Side 1 took me 4 hours to make it still look like crap. Side 2 took me about twenty minutes. I found that it really took more time then it needed to.
So not saying that the guy is bad at props at all (seriously, I wish I could make stuff look that good) but his tutorials are...something to question. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at making props and I found it difficult to follow after the first part.

But, hopefully I can still get my guitar done. If not, I'll just be Lammy without a guitar at Akicon. BACK TO GLUE AND PAPER.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2009, 07:23:19 pm »
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qis1vm.jpg
I got my reborn wig today 8D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2009, 09:59:57 pm »
Nice wig Sugarlat!

Akicon is coming close so I'm trying to work hard. I got the ears and horns done for my wig, they aren't attached in yet since Mei Long is coming over tomorrow so I don't butcher the stupid thing. I sewed the pockets onto my pants and my guitar is coming along nicely.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

oslapedo

« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2009, 10:35:48 pm »
Sugar, das a cool wig, can you see though?

boogie, now that I know what Lammy is it's like woah. Your cosplay's looking pretty insane so far b

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #294 on: November 01, 2009, 01:01:07 pm »
I got my wig for Larxene so it should be done by tonight. Then I will finally have one of my costumes done XD.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #295 on: November 01, 2009, 03:36:14 pm »
I'm doing it! I AM GOING TO REPLACE SILK SPECTRE WITH SLAVE LEIA! :D
Its going to be epic! :D

so cosplay progress is:
Gardevoir: 10%
Luca: 10%
Slave Leia: 0%
Fixing Links: 20%

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #296 on: November 01, 2009, 04:20:06 pm »
Baww, I was hoping to see Silk Spectre >:

So I've been thinking over Ma-san, and I think that I'll add on a hooded capelet to the costume. That way I will be warm and I can sew the ears/dynamite right onto the hood, and I just think it'll look nicer. I have a pattern that came with the first English Gothic&Lolita Bible, so I have to figure that out. Japanese patterns are really bizarre.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:21:52 pm by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #297 on: November 01, 2009, 04:23:59 pm »
I'm not great with latex and I'm poor  :'( :'( :'(
but I'm saving money and practicing and hopefully i will have an AMAZING silk for some con soon ^^

oslapedo

« Reply #298 on: November 01, 2009, 05:10:56 pm »
Progressss

Nayuki - 80%; Finishing up frog, waiting for wig to arrive, and needing to get some long black socks. Nyu, yo.
Maya Natsume - 15%; Got the wig! Still need to decide what outfit of hers I'll go with :D
Tomoyo - 15%; ^ Have the wig, need to get the uniform
Ashley Robbins - 5%; Still in planning stages, wah
Adagio!Saya - 35%; Ordered the wig, have the boots, have the tights, need to make her crazy dress/shirt thing
Kaiko - 15%; I have the wiggg

I have sooo many wigs, haha~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #299 on: November 01, 2009, 05:20:14 pm »
Alright Larxene is now done. I have finished the wig :D
http://nikkiolie.deviantart.com/art/Larxene-Wig-tutorial-142214367