Author Topic: the official 2010 cosplay progress thread :3  (Read 262789 times)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
Re: the official 2010 cosplay progress thread :3
« Reply #400 on: December 05, 2009, 04:18:15 pm »
Stores that sell bras?
I really don't remember where I got mine, I think that if it fits, then it works.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #401 on: December 05, 2009, 05:01:32 pm »
There's always the option of double sided tape. OR a sticky bra! I have one and it's very nice. :3

Walmart sells them.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #402 on: December 05, 2009, 05:12:06 pm »
Thanks amigas~

Other progress stuff I did today. Made a couple green dango plushies and made four ball things out of model magic for Kotomi's red hair majiggies.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/103/5/a/_____Dango_daikazoku______by_Batsy_Midnight.png

http://animewriter.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/our-friend-kotomi.jpg

(^ Not progress pics, hur)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:16:38 pm by oslapedo »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #403 on: December 05, 2009, 05:23:08 pm »
I smell rooooooooses~

Also, spraypaint. And burning synthetics, but lets not get into that.

So yeah. I made Lenalee's gold hairbands she wears with her second uniform. Because I found a random block of white Fimo, I had gold spray paint and I had time. As soon as they finish drying I'll post pictures of them on my pigtail wig with me wearing it.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #404 on: December 05, 2009, 06:37:32 pm »
If you want to splurge the money Oslapedo Victoria's Secret has awesome strapless bras. I bought one like....forever ago and use it for my Miria and Victreebel cosplays. They may be like $50 dollars but I love you Victoria's Secret. Your bras are like air and last forever~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

• Bunnygirl

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #406 on: December 05, 2009, 07:41:01 pm »
I think that look great

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #407 on: December 05, 2009, 07:52:44 pm »
Conveniently covering your face I see. >:/ Why?

But none the less that looks fantastic. I can't wait too see it fully done. :3
da/tumblr

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #408 on: December 05, 2009, 07:54:30 pm »
Because anonymity on the internet is one's greatest advantage.

And I commissioned the costume. I can't sew a straight enough line to do the second uniforms.

oslapedo

« Reply #409 on: December 05, 2009, 09:20:02 pm »
Richie, those hair things are mega cool. I like your huge bow too~

boogie, I'll definitely check VS out, I already have a black pushup from them and it's great! Thanks for the suggestion.

Pix, yo. Sorry the lighting's bad, I didn't feel like hauling all this crap into the bathroom.

Kotomi's ball hair things(http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z25/oslapedo/IMAG0077.jpg)- There's two more where that came from. I need to paint them and figure out how I'll wear them with the wig.

Dango plushiesss (http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z25/oslapedo/IMAG0074.jpg)- I'll be making way more of those since I have so much leftover green fleece.

Chizuru glasses (http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z25/oslapedo/IMAG0081.jpg)- Got from the dollar tree, popped out the lenses, and hot glued red pipe cleaner on the underside.

Magnet headphone base thingamajiggies (http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z25/oslapedo/IMAG0084.jpg)- All eight of them... This was the easy part of the headphone-making-process, it'll get way tedious once I start my second attempt at the wings.

Big post P:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #410 on: December 05, 2009, 09:47:36 pm »
Magnet headphone base thingamajiggies (http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z25/oslapedo/IMAG0084.jpg)- All eight of them... This was the easy part of the headphone-making-process, it'll get way tedious once I start my second attempt at the wings.
What's the base made out of?

@Richie

But...I still know what you look like. :< Don't hide your pretty face.

I'd commission some of my costumes but I don't have the money for that. 8,D I still can't wait to see it though because I think you look good as Lenalee. :3
da/tumblr

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #411 on: December 05, 2009, 09:52:14 pm »
It was easier to get a shot of the entire wig that way, too, without a funny angle to try and contest with.

: D I can't wait to see it either! It's gonna come the day before Christmas, so I can open the box Christmas morning.

FFFFF I love my little hair clippie thingies so much frick. They make me feel awesome.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #412 on: December 05, 2009, 09:57:02 pm »
That would be an amazing present to receive!  I'll have something like that with a friend of mine getting me a wig I've been wanting for a long time but it won't be as cool as getting a cosplay costume.

They are really pro. What did you use to make them stay in you hair? Just some ribbon/string or clips?
da/tumblr

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #413 on: December 05, 2009, 10:18:00 pm »
They're actually curled around an unbent paperclip that's sealed into the back with more Fimo. The ends stick out about 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch on each side so I can stick them in and then bend the paperclip. I'll probably need to bobby pin them in for a convention and check them regularly, but they look cool now so w/e.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #414 on: December 06, 2009, 12:46:42 am »
Does anyone know if you can get giant zippers with the zippy parts on both ends?
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

• Bunnygirl

oslapedo

« Reply #416 on: December 06, 2009, 10:56:25 am »

The things in the picture are all small wooden jewelry box things we found at Michael's for like, $1 each or something like that. They were brown until I spray painted 'em and they had lids but I took 'em off.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2009, 10:59:28 am »
So my friends and I are going to be buying some expensive wigs for cosplay after christmas! I've already decided on the wig to get for B. Jenet/Curly Brace/Kaere/lots of other things but I'm also going to be getting a really nice wig for Miria (since I've worn the costume to almost every convention we've gone to in the last 2 years and we're planning on doing a new Isaac and Miria outfit every year. I'll do them all.....) Anyways, having problems deciding on a color. Since it's a $100 dollar wig, I need some input :P
Deciding between this...

and this...

....for this.

Ffff- I love Baccano! so much >: I can't wait to fix my dress.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

oslapedo

« Reply #418 on: December 06, 2009, 11:04:14 am »
I like the top one, it's more vibrant and eye-catching P:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2009, 11:58:41 am »
I agree with the top one as well.

The things in the picture are all small wooden jewelry box things we found at Michael's for like, $1 each or something like that. They were brown until I spray painted 'em and they had lids but I took 'em off.
ah okay cool, I'm debating whether to buy mine or make them. At this point I can't decide at all.
da/tumblr

oslapedo

« Reply #420 on: December 06, 2009, 12:32:56 pm »
If you can find some cheap headphones that you could design over, I'd say go for that. The only reason I'm making even the headphone part is because I have to do four pairs and we didn't feel like searching for four pairs of identical/cheap headphones.

If that made any sense :D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #421 on: December 06, 2009, 12:42:06 pm »
Top one, definitely. The bottom one seems a little too mousy.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2009, 08:25:19 pm »
Hmm yeah I was thinking of that but man its so hard to find some headphones to work with that someone is willing to give up to be dismantled. DX

I wish you luck on completely making all 4 though.
da/tumblr

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #423 on: December 08, 2009, 05:00:57 pm »
I basically finished the corset for Sheryl yesterday, just have to sew the rest of the hook and eye closures in (have to get some more first). Then I gotta make the purple poofy thing that gets stuffed in the front, and finish the ribbon I'll be using for lacing it.

Dunno if I want to sit down and make the skirt today, or if I should wait until winter break when I'll have more time to devote to it. Hrm. Should probably do it today so I can devote winter break to General Tiedoll. Whom, by the way, I want to beat over the head with his own weapons. D: the weapons aren't even consistent, in a few episodes it's a pair of chisels, in later episodes it's a cross and a chisel, I want to murder him because I can't decide on hair, grrrrrrrrr. Never mind that Cosworx is of absolutely NO help at all, since I can't even tell what the hell the color will actually turn out as in their color swatches.

Curse you, cosplay. Why must you be so confusing.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #424 on: December 09, 2009, 08:32:32 am »
on cosplay.com they have a good cosworx color thing, which i use EVERY time i get one of their wigs. That or I actually just go to Wigland and try them on/see them in person :P

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #425 on: December 09, 2009, 08:40:01 am »
Yes, I know they have a 'wigs in action' thread on coscom. But it doesn't have the color I'm looking for, and I think I found something better at Amphigory anyway.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #426 on: December 09, 2009, 09:34:15 am »
Amphigory is pretty nice, but I ALWAYS think buying the wig at a shop rather than online is the best, but a lot of people can't. (OH ALSO NO SHIPPING TOO! :D and 10% off if you have your kumoricon badge at wigland :D)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #427 on: December 09, 2009, 11:18:07 am »
That's a nifty piece of info for wigland. Also finals are almost done! Just a week now! I'm excited to get home and start working on cosplay after my last final. I'm hoping I can get my skirt and belt done before I leave! While I'm in Redmond I'm going to get my shirt, collar, headband, and find some gloves or make them for Cassandra. I'm a little worried about the whole glove thing, I'd rather not make them but it's hard as hell to find shoulder length gloves that aren't made of shiny, ugly materiel that doesn't match my fabric (I would know, I've ordered at least 5 different pairs) I don't mind shelling out the extra money to get good quality gloves so I'm going to go raid some wedding stores while I'm in Redmond :B If I can't find it then I guess I'll be learning how to make gloves!

I still need to show my mom some patterns for my Bonne Jenet costume before I decide on one (I'm really going to need her help for this). I'm hoping I can finish all of my Cassandra stuff the first week and dedicate the second week completely to figuring out how to make her dress and maybe even start it.

I'm also going to leave my Miria dress home with my mother, in hopes she can fix the few things on it since I won't have time. I don't want to design new sleeves for it so I thought she could do it instead :B I'm also going to be on the lookout for new shoes! Since I'm ordering some paint for my B.Jenet shoes I just need to find some style that works in leather and I can paint them.

Then when I get back I'll be trying my damn'dest to get cracking on my shield, armor, and guitar. I'm hoping to get at least two of those done before my break it out. I also am going to try to make my boots over that last week of winter break.

After that? If I manage to get all of that done all I'll have left is ordering my wigs with minimal styling, getting shoes and painting them, finishing my Bonne Jenet dress, making gloves for that and spray painting some thick bracelets and that's for me. For my boyfriend I need to get him a new neckerchief, find and style a wig for it, and make him gun holsters for Isaac as well as figure out if he's even going to cosplay King of Fighters with us and do his costume for that. Everyone wants him to be Billy Kane but he's not looking like he's going to ship out the money for it. I'm going to force him to decide this week. I hope I can get it all done in time for Sakuracon D:

Oh, also as an after thought, how the hell can I make  this wig D:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:25:13 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #428 on: December 09, 2009, 01:32:04 pm »
Oh good luck on everything Nikki. I can't wait to see your Cassandra!

Looks like I just have two things left to do on my Vanessa for KOF. And I found the perfect fur for my Koga. Sadly my cosplay fund is at 0 for the month with the wig and fabric buying I did last week.
Uhg, I just need to find the motivation go get sewing... *sigh*

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #429 on: December 09, 2009, 02:03:54 pm »
Thanks Stephanie~ Are you going to be Miss Photographer at Sakuracon? I'd like to get some shots with you for Cassandra if you are :B The Victreebel ones were so good, I just have to work with you again.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #430 on: December 09, 2009, 03:40:28 pm »
Should probably put the waistband in my skirt for Sheryl today.

:< dun wanna. Sizing means sitting around in my skivvies, and it's cold in here.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #431 on: December 09, 2009, 05:40:07 pm »
I've been stalling on working on cosplay :/ *sigh*
BUT! I've perfect my luca skirt pattern and been shopping for a few things ^^

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #432 on: December 09, 2009, 06:23:11 pm »
Zip ties are godly supplies for making giant ass-bows behave. Now to make the trains behave as well and find a way to get the entire thing onto the skirt.

Which I still haven't put a waistband in.

Which I should do.

>:[

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #433 on: December 12, 2009, 03:19:23 pm »

:< dun wanna. Sizing means sitting around in my skivvies, and it's cold in here.

Lol! I gave myself that excuse yesterday to not size down my Ariel dress I have been working on.

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #434 on: December 12, 2009, 11:42:54 pm »
I HAVE NOTHING. Still. :<

Well the good news is that after I'm done with x-mas presents, which should pretty soon, I'm going to start working on cosplays right away. Which mostly likely means I'll be sewing till Christmas. Considering I'll be going from one sewing project to another. x_x

Wonder if you can get carpal tunnel or something from sewing to much. Hmmmm.

da/tumblr

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #435 on: December 13, 2009, 12:00:00 am »
Carpal tunnel is usually caused by a tight continuous movement, like typing or writing for far too long. Sewing requires more movement of the wrist, so no.

Gonna go get the stuff to finish Sheryl's corset, hair pin thing, choker and probably microphone tomorrow.

oslapedo

« Reply #436 on: December 13, 2009, 01:50:56 pm »
Making sketches for me and Shay's Miser Bros. cosplay. Which one am I gonna be? Here's a hint: he's dead sexy.

oslapedo

« Reply #437 on: December 13, 2009, 02:30:00 pm »
I'm such a spammur P:

In actual progress news, my Tomoyo cosplay's almost done, though I don't need it till Sakuracon. All I need to do (cough) is make the turtleneck and blazer.

For now you'll have to make due with my school spirit. THE HORROR

Yeah, my room's pretty messy... don't worry about it :D

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #438 on: December 13, 2009, 02:31:21 pm »
Geesus, clean your mirror/room woman! xD

oslapedo

« Reply #439 on: December 13, 2009, 02:44:14 pm »
Neverrr.

I've got a question for the crossplayers out there, what's the most effective method of binding for you? I've never crossplayed [well] before so advice would be kewl.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #440 on: December 13, 2009, 02:57:51 pm »
Neverrr.

I've got a question for the crossplayers out there, what's the most effective method of binding for you? I've never crossplayed [well] before so advice would be kewl.
So I've never crossplayed, but I've cosplayed flat-chested characters, and what I did was wear a sports bra under my binding. I was always afraid of my binding coming undone, but the sports bra made it feel more secure.
My binding was the hem of a t-shirt that I ripped off, though, so you might not want to listen to me XD
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #441 on: December 13, 2009, 05:07:25 pm »
Good lord, osla, your room is worse than my sewing nook. And that's saying something. There's barely enough room to scoot my chair back in there because of the massive amounts of fabric.

oslapedo

« Reply #442 on: December 13, 2009, 05:20:45 pm »
It's not that bad, it's just the picture, I swear ;O

Thanks for the sports-bra-under-stuff tip, fleur. I might try and use something other than a ripped off tshirt but that was helpful nonetheless!

Making sketches of the Clannad uniforms... Eep, this'll be the first cosplay thing I totally make from scratch. I'm trying to figure out how much blue fabric I'll need for a turtleneck and pants, and how much yellow fabric I'll need for a guys and girls blazer. Ahhh! :D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #443 on: December 13, 2009, 06:29:53 pm »
In figuring out how much of my circle skirt I have to ruffle before I can put i the waistband, I took a picture of what I have done for Sheryl's Lion dress so far.

Now if only my bewbs would behave for this costume. Oh well! That's what fashion tape is for!

Almost forgot! You guys need linkage!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:31:09 pm by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #444 on: December 13, 2009, 07:45:01 pm »
That Sheryl progress looks just as good as when I saw it earlier on that other site.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2009, 08:15:34 pm »
Thanks! I'm thinking about taking the advice I got there and redoing the front, though. But I'm such a lazy person D:

Maybe I should find a good commissioner.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #446 on: December 13, 2009, 10:06:45 pm »
Neverrr.

I don't have much of a chest to start with, but I put a sports bra on backwards, then bind with two ace bandages, and put another sports bra on regular. It works pretty good, and I can breath just fine.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #447 on: December 14, 2009, 11:28:31 am »
Out of curiosity, don't we usually have an un-official before we have an official (xD)

And I've started on my Shilo dress, and found some great boots.
I think it'll be done in time for the new year ^_^

p.s My friend Martha (who is standing behind me at the moment)
Says "Hi"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:29:11 am by soundninja12 »
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #448 on: December 15, 2009, 01:21:25 pm »
Oh i'm so excited! I got the Red Leather part of Kaye's Gardevoir done in about 20 minutes, with eyelets and really striking black lacing too! It looks amazing! I'm going to take some photos soon, and i'm going to buy more cloth later today! I'm (hopefully) going to start on Luca's skirt tonight, and work on the applique on the sleeves ^^

also I'm looking for a good binding shirt for my Link, or a place to buy ace bandage! ^^

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #449 on: December 15, 2009, 06:01:21 pm »
I got my Miku/Shion wig yesterday 8D I'm so happy!
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay