Author Topic: Axis Powers Hetalia and Scandinavia and the World '10! Bring us pictures.  (Read 422393 times)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: Axis Powers Hetalia '10 (Scandinavia and the World is cool too.)
« Reply #2450 on: June 08, 2010, 08:51:28 pm »
Those of us who altered stuff from military outlet stores would all smell like wet dog, though.

(I would be wary of making anything out of satin.)
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2451 on: June 08, 2010, 08:51:55 pm »
The wigs with the hair curls are sometimes delicate. And not everyone likes standing out in the rain making weird poses. There also aren't many dry places to put your stuff. I personally don't mind a little rain, and we were gonna stay outside last year, but then it started to rain harder to the point that we would actually be uncomfortably wet if we'd stayed outside. I guess we were just the only big group that got the short end of the weather stick. : 1
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2452 on: June 08, 2010, 11:46:11 pm »
Well, duh. Just because I said that doesn't mean I don't recognize that some people don't like the rain.
I'm just saying from a practical standpoint, getting rain on a military surplus suit would be better than getting rain on satin for a Princess Serenity outfit. Good satin stains when it gets wet. Wool and cotton does not.

Basically if I say something that doesn't make complete sense, like ideas in the library, I know they're impractical, it's just my way of getting ideas flowing. Get's you guys thinking about stuff like that, didn't it? ;)

Going back to the matter and hand and forgetting trying to make myself like a sane person (failing miserably at that, I am), I'm sure we'll figure out something. I'm still completely for the idea of people making umbrellas to match the flag of their country. Belarus would have fun with that one for sure.

Yes, yes, I know that would be impractical because of of the amount of work to paint/sew an umbrella when most people are scrambling to just finish their cosplay, but wouldn't it be cool? It'd be like representing Kumori-style.

Actually, I bet you dimes to dollars if we hit the PSU campus we can find something for sure.
I know there's a larger covered area by the PSU bookstore on 6th and Mill St. near Pizzicato.  If you look on Google Maps street view you can see it. Given it would be a walk, but it's something! Plus the Portland Street car goes right there so we could pile in that and take that over.

For a little closer location, there's Taylor and 5th. There's a large covering that would fit quite a bit of people under it. It's the Edelman Public Relations building I think. It's about three blocks away from the Hilton. I walked by there one day with this awesome band playing and about thirty or more people were under the awning with plenty of room to spare. It's not gorgeous, but it would work!  For those of you who might remember from last year, it's kiddy corner to Carl's Junior.

If some of your guys are up to it, I'd love to go to dinner with a group of you guys. I think it'd be pretty funny to be at a restaurant with all these different countries.  That, however, might need reservations ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:47:37 pm by lychee-twist »
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2453 on: June 09, 2010, 12:03:48 am »
I can't really give any input on location, but I like that last idea of going out to dinner together! :D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2454 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:30 am »
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a set location close by but have a back up ><
And I second going for food n.n; (as long as directions to said place are posted please!)
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2455 on: June 09, 2010, 02:11:18 pm »
Like I said, I'm not trying to completely nix all your ideas right off the bat. XD It's just my job to point out all the flaws in people's ideas so we can work around them until find an idea that works. Like, literally, that's what I'm here for. Just ask Malaria and Hashi. That's why I'm not usually the one right up in front leading everyone, cuz I'm sure I just sound like one giant party pooper. >>;

I'll check out 5th and Taylor later today when I got down there. As long as it's not in front of a business or entrance to a building, it might work. The PSU bookstore would be a good place, but it's just a little too far, with how big of a group we have and how many people tend to show up late. There definitely are some nice photoshoot locations on campus though, again for those of you who might be looking for good places for smaller shoots. : )

As for dinner, I would greatly enjoy going to Romano's Macaroni Grill, if only for the irony. XD It's right by the Hitlon. It's a little spendy though, and I'm not sure how happy they'd be about being invaded by a big group of cosplayers, but we could certainly try for a reservation. : )
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2456 on: June 09, 2010, 08:24:04 pm »
Most congoers don't have much money for food. But it's not like I actually need to eat. Jaqua can attest to this. Anyway... I'm sure they wouldn't mind as long as we can pay and aren't disrespectfully loud. C:
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2457 on: June 10, 2010, 07:18:37 pm »
Keeping quiet can be a real problem for some con-goers. It seems to me that the younger cosplayers (late junior high/early highschool) are the loudest.

Macaroni grill can be pricey, yes. Maybe a place like Olive Garden would be better? The closest Olive Garden is five miles away, though.
I hear really good things about the Flying Elephant Cafe, but I've never been there. I guess it's more of a deli. I do know that when drug reps come to my work with Flying Elephant, the nurses get excited.

To go even more Hetalia, there's Pastini's Pastaria. That's really good but on the more expensive side. You do get a lot of food, though. It's far more of a dinner place.

Would you guys want to go to dinner after the photoshoot? That way we'd already be together and can travel as a group rather than having to wait for people to show up.

I say that people should RSVP in advance so we can give the chosen place a concrete amount of people to expect.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2458 on: June 10, 2010, 10:01:29 pm »
Im sure it would be MUCH appreciated if wherever we went knew exactly the amount of people .-.;; especially if there's 8 + people going ,And us out of town cosplayers would really appreciate having a group to follow -gets lost easy- .
On a side note....Has there been any talk of the time for the shoot yet and which day? or am I just blind and missing this info...
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2459 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »
I put down a spot for Saturday. This is subject to change, though. I just wanted something on the books.

I guess I jumped the gun about that. Sorry, guys. I figured that since we're going to be a large shoot that we better get something down stat. Saturday seems to be filling up if you look at the forum post. Also, my other thought is that Saturday would be good because a lot of people have Saturdays free (no church, no school, no work, etc.) Hetalia is popular enough right now that I think people will generally want to pull that one out of the bag ASAP.

If you guys decide to change it, I'll have the post revoked immediately.
So far, on my side of things, I'd like to keep it since the Sailor Moon shoot is for Sunday.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2460 on: June 10, 2010, 11:32:55 pm »
Because we're dealing with such a large number of people, we are planning to have shoots on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm running the Saturday one, and it looks like Cassiopeia is doing the Sunday one. We're hoping for two smaller shoots rather than one huuuge one.

As for congoers with noise control issues: that is Hetalia 100%. There are a lot of younger people in the fandom, and some of them are still learning con etiquette. Even if there wasn't that issue, going to any sort of restaurant en masse in costumes with flagpoles would be a tricky prospect. However, Portland is the magical land of food carts. If people are willing to walk a few blocks, relatively cheap food in a variety of styles from around the world is available. -magical finger wave-
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2461 on: June 11, 2010, 03:46:12 am »
I'm thinking that would be a better idea. There's a good chance extra people might be inclined to tag along (not everyone has a forum account and making an RSVP list that contains people's friends/siblings/estranged cousins doesn't work very well), and most proper, sit-down restaurants charge extra if you have a larger group. We also have to consider that not everyone has the same budget and dietary needs. Doing food carts would also allow people to tag along and hang out without feeling awkward if they don't intend to order anything.

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2462 on: June 11, 2010, 08:46:43 am »
I vote for the food carts idea. I'm a relatively cheap congoer (I ate nothing but cup noodles last Kumoricon) so a cheaper place would be preferred. It would also be nice for tagalongs. ' w '
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2463 on: June 11, 2010, 09:26:03 pm »
I didn't think about the food carts. That's a great idea! Harder to get a good picture, but it'd be really fun since some people could get food from their country if they so desired.

Crap. I hate it when cosplayers get noisy. Then it just looks bad for everyone. People look at us weird enough, but when someone in costume starts being really annoying, the look of "What is going on?" goes to "God, those people need a life".

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2464 on: June 11, 2010, 09:43:24 pm »
Hetalia cosplayers especially have a bad reputation for being way too noisy both in public and con spaces. Like this year's Sakuracon photoshoot. =_=
Another nice thing about food carts: they're quick. If someone needs to run off, they don't have to wait about restaurant wait times.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2465 on: June 11, 2010, 10:32:53 pm »
I'm thinking a giant "SHUT UP" poster might be a good idea.

Or go back to the peace sign being held up in the air.

Quiet coyotes, anyone?

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2466 on: June 11, 2010, 10:45:29 pm »
Hetalia cosplayers especially have a bad reputation for being way too noisy both in public and con spaces. Like this year's Sakuracon photoshoot. =_=
It makes me sad, because I like quiet chill happy times. Like hanging out at Sakuracon at night and having a foot party. That was awesome. ;A;

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2467 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:49 pm »
Lychee: I can yell SHUT UP louder than a sign can. >> Although a quiet coyote would be good. I'm also not above deploying friends as crown control.

Charly: Word. We had cool times with a Nordic crew on Saturday night just hangin' out. Admittedly, my feelings towards the Sak Hetalia fandom in general were due to some uniquely bad moments. >> I raqequit the photoshoot. -snerk-
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2468 on: June 12, 2010, 10:59:43 am »
I'm always a fan of food carts. |9

So for the Saturday photoshoot, what time do we want it at? Normally we go for 11am, but since that's the first day of the con, some out-of-towners might be coming in a little late. I definitely vote for 11am though. We should also probably clain Fountain Plaza/that first block of Park Blocks in the photoshoot list since we're pretty sure if the weather holds, we're having it there, right?
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline princessnavi848

• Oni
« Reply #2469 on: June 12, 2010, 11:26:11 pm »
I am going to be America!! Either the second or third day... My friends are going to be: England, Russia, Prussia, Taiwan, Canada, and Hong Kong.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2470 on: June 12, 2010, 11:39:37 pm »
Oh my god. That makes six Russias now. That's hilarious.

11AM works for me. Should be early enough to get everybody set up. Can we get a map or directions as to the exact location? The Hilton charges for internet so I know I won't have any during the convention unless I go to a Starbucks or something like that.

Goatchild, by "fountain" do you mean Skidmore fountain?

Malaria, I can be loud, too. I was the one who got everyone's attention during the Pokemon photoshoot ;)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2471 on: June 12, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »
Hm...The KH shoot is at the same time...And I know there are Hetalia peoples there too...Maybe, we can have this afterwards? Like noon?

And I think she means the park blocks near the Hilton, there's a fountain there.

I can be loud too!!! And if all of us yell at the same time, that is sure to get somebody's attention ^^;
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2472 on: June 13, 2010, 09:41:35 am »
Okay well. I have a question, off the topic of the whole food thing. Me and ny friends(I think, so far, three... Maybe four, maybe less, counting me) really want to go, but we really lack the money for actual cosplay stuff. So we were wondering If we could come as our fan characters. It would be awesome if we could :D
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #2473 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:27 pm »
That's perfectly fine ^^
Just like at meet ups, you don't have to have a cosplay, you can just be a fan!
And having countries that aren't characters yet would be awesome to have!
I say 'YES!'

btw to everyone...
I recently got some free mini flags and was wondering if any of you would want any of them?
I have Ireland, Mexico, United Kingdom, Taiwan, South Korea, and China.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2474 on: June 13, 2010, 02:39:34 pm »
UK flag want! I'd have multiple uses for that.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #2475 on: June 13, 2010, 03:12:35 pm »
Sounds sexual XD
jk
Okay ^^ I'll save that one for you!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2476 on: June 13, 2010, 03:37:40 pm »
princessnavi848: Adding yours! I'm not gonna list your friends though, since listing random friends without usernames is not a pain I will subject myself to.

Neko: In that case, I'd put it more at 1 PM so KH folk have time to change.

SpaceCuba: People do that sometimes, and it usually turns out pretty cool.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:39:15 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2477 on: June 13, 2010, 04:31:14 pm »
@nekovamp13: Can I reserve the Ireland flag? : D

@SpaceCubaLikesConan: What characters are you guys thinking of going as, just out of curiosity?

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #2478 on: June 13, 2010, 04:38:14 pm »
1 sounds good ^^ Thanks!
Doe will especially be happy, since she's being chibitalia, that takes a while to put on @.@

Jaqua, yeah you can have it ^^

My friend and I made North and South Poles ^^ They're cute~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2479 on: June 13, 2010, 04:41:44 pm »
Yayyyy! Thank you :'DDD

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2480 on: June 13, 2010, 04:48:00 pm »
Hey you guys

I have a France cosplayer and a Prussia cosplayer doing a Bad Friends photo collab thing with me. By photo collab I mean we're having individual photos taken and then putting them together to go in one image.

They'll be either put together side by side, so it'll be paneled like this, or fancy-shmancy like this piece of art.

Do you guys have any ideas for photos or things you want to see? :D

Also, nekovamp13: thank you.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2481 on: June 13, 2010, 10:59:03 pm »
Bad Friends Trio, sitting around in PJs/boxers and t-shirts, talking on the phone to each other, wearing their in-character derp faces.

We should probably figure out when/where you wanna do the second Hetalia photoshoot, assuming you still wanna heard some cats. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2482 on: June 13, 2010, 11:30:51 pm »
woo Malaria thanks for responding, because I know many have read this thread since I posted but didn't respond. This is a super exciting project for me, because I got some awesome cosplayers for it. *ω* I'm so excited that I want to SHARE THE LOVE WITH EVERYONE AAA-

I mean
How about the same place? It'll be like the Hetalia gathering spot.
As for time... Well, the same time could work too.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2483 on: June 13, 2010, 11:50:49 pm »
I dunno about everyone else, but I went off to brainstorm what would be awesomest. MAYBE EVERYONE ELSE IS BEING COOL AND DOING THAT TOO?
It'd also be cool to see a Bad Friends Drink triptych. Like Prussia with his beer, France with wine and Spain with sangria.

All righty. I've put a post up for us in the photoshoot schedule thread.

There's a pretty good chance we will be doing nothing around that time on Sunday and end up popping up in all our Avatar-y glory.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2484 on: June 14, 2010, 01:22:27 am »
Cool. ~

A drink triptych would be neat, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2485 on: June 14, 2010, 06:33:39 am »
I'm going as my brother's made up country. It started as a joke a few years ago. It's the country of Space Cuba(my username XD). It seems kinda lame, I know, but I've given the character more than just my brother's lame stuff with cats and Elton John.  Actually, I got rid of the cats and Elton John. I'm gonna steal my brother's book of Government Records though. 
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #2486 on: June 14, 2010, 05:02:57 pm »
That sounds funny ^^
I'm excited to see it!
lol
Elton John XD
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
« Reply #2487 on: June 14, 2010, 06:17:55 pm »
Oh my god. That makes six Russias now. That's hilarious.

Five more and we'll have all eleven times zones. 8D

@Cassiopeia: What would be hard about it? If you don't have immediately recognizable glasses on hand, they're really easy to get a hold of. Besides that, I'd like to see one of the early-in-the-morning "whyyyyyyy do I have to get up Dl" mood. So much glaring at alarm clocks. If they even open their eyes that far. xD

@nekovamp13: I imagine that the Poles would be fluffy and adorable. Well, the North Pole, at least. Antarctica would probably be a penguin. best politican EVER *shot*

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #2488 on: June 14, 2010, 09:18:36 pm »
They are ^^
North has a pet Polar bear and South has a pet penguin...
They're sister and hate eachother, well N. hates S.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2489 on: June 14, 2010, 10:05:44 pm »
Here I thought it had to have people living there to be a nation.

. . Santa & the elves don't count.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2490 on: June 14, 2010, 10:15:05 pm »
ANTARCTIC RESEARCH STATIONS
Also, Little America. Stupidity: for science!
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2491 on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:57 pm »
I meant the North Pole. xD

EDIT: Although the South Pole isn't a nation, either, as the people all belong to other nations and don't have much in common.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:45:25 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2492 on: June 14, 2010, 10:39:39 pm »
Then I dunno. Santa lives in Lapland, so maybe the Martians are settled there?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #2493 on: June 14, 2010, 10:46:44 pm »
I know...But we had fun creating the characters...North pole is a secret organazation >>
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2494 on: June 14, 2010, 10:54:03 pm »
Carry on. I'm just a party pooper.  :)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2495 on: June 14, 2010, 10:56:27 pm »
We treat Hetalia like it's srs bznz. :3
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #2496 on: June 14, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »
I do to. It was her idea for N. Pole anyways...
(totally not passing the blame ^^;)
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2497 on: June 14, 2010, 11:03:21 pm »
As long as it's fun, I promise not to look too hard at the details.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
    • Long neglected deviantart site
« Reply #2498 on: June 15, 2010, 02:30:53 pm »
HI!!!!! im another sealand! XD
()()
(**)
(___)0
If love is blind, then I have 20/20 vision

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2499 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:40 pm »
Hello~. You have been added.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man