Author Topic: Tales of '10  (Read 34775 times)

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
Tales of '10
« on: September 26, 2009, 04:38:59 pm »
since there were two threads for seperate games, I figured it was about time to start a new one to combine them all together as we've done in the past. Seems a bit early, but whatever, Let's Tales it up, eh?

I'll be going as Alice and Yuan from symphonia as well Norma from Legendia and Natalia from Abyss. I might scrape together a vesperia costume if I ever get around to playing it, but it's still a bit early to decide...

other Tales fans out there?
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
Re: Tales of '10
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:13:40 am »
For those who don't know...

I'm not bringing Zelos this year, but I am being Luke Fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) and Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia 2) again. I'm also making a Mithos (Tales of Symphonia) costume.
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:25:12 am »
I wanted do Guy D8 But I may not be able to.
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 12:37:20 am »
Since I'm getting a part-time job this year, I'm hopefully accomplishing to bring Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia.
Also, Sync the Tempest from Tales of the Abyss. His Normal and Final Form.
and If I have enough, I MIGHT bring Duke from Tales of Vesperia.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 12:40:38 am by GwarNekoChan »
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:57:15 am »
I will definitely be Estelle from Tales of Vesperia. That's about it. :3

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:51 pm »
I'll definitely be Jay again~

I might need to buy new tights though....my mom sewed something to them and there's a hole in them now ;o;
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline HakuFabre4028

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:27:30 pm »
I'm probably going to be Tear from Tales of the Abyss again, but we'll see what happens. lol

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 11:47:38 pm »
Arietta, baby.  And no one's gonna stop me.  (Though it'd be like really cool if I could get an Ion and a Florian to match up with that Sync cosplayer, and then I'd have a whole harem!) Plus I could make her stuffed animal into a purse and carry that around with me instead of a real purse. 8D;;

Shirley as usual, if Jay and Norma are in.

And uhh.  Well see how I feel about Tales of Graces and Vesperia once I play both of those.  Graces isn't looking too good in terms of cosplayable characters, and I'd either want to be Rita or Estelle in Vesperia though since I haven't played it, neither of them have really grown on me..

(Not that I really like Shirley or Arietta, but they're so annoying!fun)
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 11:50:25 pm »
Arietta, baby.  And no one's gonna stop me.  (Though it'd be like really cool if I could get an Ion and a Florian to match up with that Sync cosplayer, and then I'd have a whole harem!) Plus I could make her stuffed animal into a purse and carry that around with me instead of a real purse. 8D;;

Shirley as usual, if Jay and Norma are in.

And uhh.  Well see how I feel about Tales of Graces and Vesperia once I play both of those.  Graces isn't looking too good in terms of cosplayable characters, and I'd either want to be Rita or Estelle in Vesperia though since I haven't played it, neither of them have really grown on me..

(Not that I really like Shirley or Arietta, but they're so annoying!fun)

Be Rita from Vesperia cause I'm going as Estelle!!!!!!!!!! :3

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 11:53:50 pm »
^I might!  I've gotta play it first, and I'm holding out hope that the PS3 version will be localized, hahaha... (Though I guess I COULD play it on my 360, it just...replaying games...i'm so slow...)  But then I might want to be Patty if she is loli enough for me... Or Estelle in Chloes outfit ahahaha... THOUGH I'D DEFINITELY BE A RITA IF WE COULD GET IN SEXY YURI RISTELLE POSES TOGETHER.  

edit: err, that's shojo-ai yuri, not yuri lowell.  he's not allowed
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:54:29 pm by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 02:49:27 am »
^ Lol I get it. But yeah Ristelle poses = Mucho LOVE!!! I will totally do it for the sake of squeeling boys. <--- Is that even possible? 0_0

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 01:31:03 pm »
Arietta, baby.  And no one's gonna stop me.  (Though it'd be like really cool if I could get an Ion and a Florian to match up with that Sync cosplayer, and then I'd have a whole harem!
YES. ARIETTA. 8D
NEEDS MOAR GOD GENERAL-NESS.
Now we need a Asch, Legretta, Dist, and a Largo!
That'd be epic if we could get a Van... xD
My friend might be Asch, I just need to get her to post in here. <_<
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 07:45:30 pm »
I'm dying to play vesperia... but I have yet to find someone who owns an Xbox in my town... hope it comes out in english for PS3. Rita's character design is awesome and I gotta say, she's the kind of character I'd cosplay, but I think I'll wait until I play the game in case there's a wonderfully flamboyent dist-esque character or other baddie I like.
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 08:03:47 am »
Oh, adding I'm also semi-considering Marta to go with Posiee's Alice, though the chances of that are fairly slim (though I would love to make her outfit...it looks so fun, AND it has a functioning bag on it).

@GwarNekoChan: fff oh man, I hate Van.  Please no Van, Largo is my limits for Arietta pedophilia.  (though not srsly, having a van to be with god generals *andiwouldtotallymakealegrettaforanyone* would be badass.)

Sounds like at Sakuracon I'm going to be ALL Tales characters, haha! (And Momohime.  And inevitably someone from Arc Rise Fantasia.  And Persona.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 05:57:55 pm »
holy crap... if there was a largo... SPOILERS I'd totally die of incesty love /SPOILERS

and if you're marmart, I can totally beat you up! yay! *really wants a decus...*
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 03:29:47 pm »
SPOILERS FOR TALES OF THE ABYSS, targetted towards Posiee-chan

you just love incest don't you ): oh god, images.

ahem.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 06:25:43 pm »
(though not srsly, having a van to be with god generals *andiwouldtotallymakealegrettaforanyone* would be badass.)
Um, so... I'm usually pretty prideful about making my own costume, but I might take you up on the Legretta offer. There are almost always three (or more) Lukes at a con, and she was actually the first person that I was thinking of cosplaying from TOTA (not to mention it'd be nice not to crossplay for once). Mithos and Sawako don't have weapons, so I think I'd be able to make her guns. Is this a plan for next Kumoricon, or Sakuracon?
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 06:38:18 pm »
Um, I was going to try to make Arietta in time for Sakuracon, but I know that I absolutely couldn't finish Legretta in that time (as I'm working on senior projects until winter break, and then during winter break making Isabella.. And sometimes after that I have to make Arietta and Momohime...) though I could easily, easily get it done for Kumoricon.  (And I'd definitely rewear Arietta again, haha..)

So yeah, uhh, let me know in a couple of months if you want me to make you a Legretta?  Until mid-December, I'm going to be stressing over finishing my senior seminar, so.  Y'know.  Wait until after then, and we're good. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline My_Decemberling

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 07:08:28 pm »
I was thinking about going as Raven from Vesperia this year, but with other stuff I decided to go as Raven next year. :-\
My past Cosplays:

My Cosplay plans for 2010:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 09:43:01 pm »
I was thinking about going as Raven from Vesperia this year, but with other stuff I decided to go as Raven next year. :-\
NOOOOOO!

A Raven this year would be super super awesome.

Raven is so cool xD
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 09:47:45 pm »
Do you mean as Normal Raven or the other Raven.

The other Raven is soooo much hotter.

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 11:06:47 pm »
AGREED.
<3

Offline My_Decemberling

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 11:38:52 pm »

I was thinking more of normal raven. tut mir lied (aka sorry). But I do agree with you he is so much hotter when he is "in his other form". ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:05:21 pm by My_Decemberling »
My past Cosplays:

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 06:05:36 pm »
ssshhh sshhh ssshhh!!! Some people probably haven't gotten that far in the game! xD

Offline My_Decemberling

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 09:06:53 pm »
ssshhh sshhh ssshhh!!! Some people probably haven't gotten that far in the game! xD

OOps! thanks for reminding me! edited my last post. But, it is kind of obvious...When I first saw him I was like "hey that looks like that one guy"!
My past Cosplays:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 11:50:31 pm »

OOps! thanks for reminding me! edited my last post. But, it is kind of obvious...When I first saw him I was like "hey that looks like that one guy"!
Well you never really see his face....until everyone's like "GASP NO WAI"
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 03:30:07 pm »
...Thanks a lot. ):
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 05:42:14 pm »
Gomenasai. >.<
It's not like we intentionally did it. We were just wondering about costumes and such.

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 08:47:00 pm »
I'm thinking of cosplaying as Sync the Tempest, not sure if I'm gonna attend Kumoricon 2010 though..but definitely Sakuracon 2010! ^_^
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 04:19:36 pm »
I'm thinking of cosplaying as Sync the Tempest, not sure if I'm gonna attend Kumoricon 2010 though..but definitely Sakuracon 2010! ^_^
Another Sync?! 8D
Yo, bud. |3
-is another Sync the Tempest- XD

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 07:46:11 pm »
Another Sync?! 8D
Yo, bud. |3

NICE! Are you making your own or buying one that's pre-made? :3
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 08:44:40 pm »
Another Sync?! 8D
Yo, bud. |3

NICE! Are you making your own or buying one that's pre-made? :3
Hrrmmm~ It depends. |3
I might buy a pre-made one, or I might ask a friend to make it for me. 8D

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 05:38:25 pm »
Gaah, I just realized that if I commission a Legretta costume from you, I'll probably loose a lot of motivation to be Peony and fall through there. I'm really sorry that I'm so suddenly deciding not to commission from you...

And hey, I agree. No spoilers.
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 05:21:10 pm »
Gaah, I just realized that if I commission a Legretta costume from you, I'll probably loose a lot of motivation to be Peony and fall through there. I'm really sorry that I'm so suddenly deciding not to commission from you...

Aww, that's too bad!  Why would your motivation to be one character go away if you cosplay another?  I mean, you cosplay Luke, right? 

But anyways, if you change your mind, let me know.  And if anyone else here knows of someone who wants to cosplay Legretta...
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 05:52:10 pm »
Yeah, but there are enough Lukes that I'd be fine wearing Peony to the photoshoot instead of him, where as if I had to choose between Peony and Legretta, I wouldn't be able to decide. I'd probably end up not following through with Peony so I didn't have that struggle. Normally I'd be fine with that, but I already bought a bunch of fabric for him, so I don't want to waste it.

...also I'm not sure how much money I'll have once I get through paying for fabric and patterns for Yggie, Sawako, Azula and Jeremiah (as well as the hotel costs for Sakuracon). I don't want to end up not being able to pay you. ^^'
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 06:08:17 pm »
^^ I was kind of thinking there might be a god-generals photoshoot separate from the Tales of the Abyss one, maybe. 

To be honest someone I made a cosplay for last year still hasn't paid me... I should probably get on that.  But my point is, if you wanted to commission me for Legretta still and you couldn't pay me until later, I'm blindly optimistic enough that I'd be willing to accept an IOU!  As long as I eventually got paid (like, within 2 years preferably... not like 10 years later...) then it'd be fine. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 11:11:21 am »
Soooo.
I'm thinking of dropping Sync's final costume for Aster. : D
He looks like fun, so yeah. :3

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 11:34:53 am »
...oh my goodness, you're amazing. I'll totally take you up on that offer, then. I heard you're coming up to my neck of the woods with Posiee next school year, so maybe I could stop by and give you gradual payments when I get the money if I can't pay you right away?

@ GwarNeko
I will love you forever if you're Aster. Richter is sad when he only has an Alice.
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 02:17:50 pm »
@Sennyo-chan: Wellll, I would really super appreciate it if I could get payment for the fabric alone at least, but I understand that costumes are expensive, and therefore SALE HUNTINGGGG (as well as probably not using the super expensive stuff I buy for myself. ha. ha.) but if you just want this in time for Kumoricon (not Sakuracon, my plate became pretty full pretty quickly) then I'll be in Monmouth over the summer for registration.  I suppose it wouldn't be too impossible to do a measuring then afterwards, go out and buy fabric, and have it done in like two weeks from whenenver I register... 8D;; (And I'll probably visit Posiee at least once over the summer or something, so whether she comes up here to do Ikea shopping or I go down there for whatever reason, it'd be not impossible to do a fitting...giving-to-you.)

@GwarNekoChan: Still planning a Sync for Kumoricon though?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 06:16:21 pm »
@GwarNekoChan: Still planning a Sync for Kumoricon though?
Yes! Of course! :3 I'm only dropping his final. |3
@ GwarNeko
I will love you forever if you're Aster. Richter is sad when he only has an Alice.
Awww! D: Aster shall be a yes, then! : D
A friend of mine is wanting to be Emil, so this will work out perfectly!

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 07:48:27 pm »
Erm...

So I realized I have money and can afford Jay's wig [yay!] and am now considering Decus.
[I also considered him last year but whateverrrrrr...]

I still think my Jay cosplay is...like....super fantastic awesome though.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 10:35:50 pm »
Man, you guys doing all this fun ToS2 stuff really makes me want to do Marta... But I can't afford any more wigs. D8 Especially not something that long, and I know how much everyone hates when people use their (very short) natural hair. 

@Salehthesage: That's because your Jay outfit is AWESOME and was made by a PROFESSIONAL (who you should pay... *cough cough.*)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 06:48:50 am »
Yeah, of course I'll pay you for fabric! I was going for Kumoricon anyway, so if that would be a good time to do measurements for you that'd be awesome, but I don't want to stress you out by having it be too last minute. I'm not getting my pay check until the end of this month, though, so that's the soonest I could get you fabric money.

Haha, I understand what you mean about the pressure. I was tempted to cosplay Grune simply because both Posiee and Mizuu were so enthusiastic about their Legendia costumes (even though I knew I would never be able to fit her in).
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline Liarino

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 06:52:34 pm »
As usual i'll most likely be in my Zelos cosplay one of the days of con. (Hopefully my Sheena won't disappear on me again like last year.) We also might have a young Mithos and Martel if some of our friends get around to it.
Convention 2013
Sakuracon
Fanime
Anime Revolution

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2009, 01:21:37 pm »
It's been like a million days since anyone posted here! 

SO, TALES OF GRACES.  What do we think of the character designs?  Cosplay-able? 

(Personally I really want to do a Cheria Barnes cosplay, but some of the designs are pretty weird.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 12:13:12 pm »
Oooh! I like Cheria too. xD
I like her design. o3o
Then there's Pascal as well, so yeah. xD

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 04:33:13 pm »
I found it again! Yay!
I'm hoping that I can go again this year. There's chance that if my family doesn't go to Fanime (in CA) then we can either go to Sakura-con or Kumori-con.
But if I do go, then I'd be Colette, Luke and maybe Sync (if I can finish it and get a better wig). I'm also making my friend a Jade and Asch cosplay, and I hoping my other friend can get his Kratos cosplay.
Now it's trying to get my sister to join in the madness.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2015!
Kano Shuuya - Kagerou Project/Mekaku City Actors (100%)
Castiel - Supernatural (100%)
Ruby - RWBY (0%)
Gold (with goggles) - Pokemon Adevntures/Special (100%)

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2010, 02:17:27 am »
I am going to be trying to do Emil this year but I got Natsu from fairy tail I'm working on atm and I rarely get 2 cosplays done in a year, but with lots of extra income this year I just might pull it off =D.

Always Bored, contact my msn if you want to chat.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 11:55:26 pm »
Man , I wanna Cosplay Guy ; A ; . . I doubt I'll have enough D;
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 01:01:25 am »
wow, been a while guys... sorry I've been kinda of MIA.

another Decus? I'm just gonna have a posse... (got one from canada, one from cali and now one here? not that I'm complaining or anything... just really, why none last year? XD)

as for Tales of Graces, I can't wait to play it! I'm dying to cosplay Pascal, I just hope i like her in game as much as I do her character design.

so, I got fabric for yuan the other day, so I should be getting to work on that soon. I'll post pics as soon as I have some
Kumoricon '09: