1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: iPods  (Read 3210 times)

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
iPods
« on: October 09, 2009, 11:46:06 am »
Hey people.
So I'm working on a personal project, it might turn into my Capstone, but I want to know whether you own an iPod, or other mp3 player. What model you own, and why you chose that one.

AND most importantly, why do you use said mp3 player.

I'd appreciate honest answers, and elaborate as much as you want to.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
Re: iPods
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 11:51:35 am »
I use my PSP [1000 model] as my mp3 player since my other mp3 player broke, it was a pQi. I rather use my PSP than an iPOD since I'm more familiar with the UI on the PSP than iPOD, that an I really don't like Apple.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:52:30 am by Konan-ChanX3 »
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:57:33 am »
I have an ipod video (5th generation I think it's called). I got it as a gift, so I had no real say over which type of ipod I got, but now that I have it, I would never go to any other kind of mp3 player. The capacity and functionality of the ipod video is remarkable (in my opinion). It is easy to use, has a decent battery life between charges, and with itunes has a wealth of resources that I really enjoy (podcasts and the like).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:15:42 pm »
I have an iPhone 3G.
I initially got it for its built in map system. Its essential for my job since I work out of my car between Salem and Seattle.
Now that I have it Ill never use anything else for an MP3 player, or a phone, or an alarm clock... or a ton of different things for that matter.
It reminds me a lot of the neck phone/everything device from "Origin - Spirits of the past".

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 12:29:02 pm »
I have a nice little generic mp3 player.
In a way I'm glad I have it instead of an Ipod because I can sort and load my music however I want.
I just wish my headphones hadn't broken. I hate earbuds, my ears get gunky really fast.

Imostly use it while I'm walking to work or when I'm not on the phones at work. The conversations of my stupid coworkers get really annoying.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 12:35:16 pm »
I have several old mp3's from "upgrading" in the past. Then, I got an Ipod Nano 4th generation from a banking offer, so now I just use that since it has the most storage. :)
And so it begins...

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 05:26:13 pm »
I have a 5th generation 30gb ipod video and a 30gb 1st generation zune.

The ipod I only use in my dock/speakers now because the headphone jack is broken. I use my zune every day to work, at work, and on the way home.

I chose the ipod at first because at the time they were pretty much the best. After the jack broke on mine, I bought the zune because I'd heard a lot of good things about them from friends and decided not to get another ipod.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 09:07:25 pm »
I only have an ipod 3rd gen nano, but I'm happy with it. I use it for random videos, tons of anime images from professional artists, and music, of course. I have mine hooked up to a radio with a built-in lava lamp XD  I listen to it ..... well ..... always ^^
The only thing that would make it better is an XM radio hooked to it instead...

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 01:13:17 am »
I own a 30GB Creative Zen Vision:M which I love but is not what I'm currently using. I was too disorganized with my music so it's too messy to use. I got it as a present a while back.

Right now I use a 2GB Sansa m250. I got it for use at summer camp.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 05:35:56 am »
Oh, I forgot to post stats. My mp3 player is 1GB (meaning 900MB of course) and was made by "muvee". I've never used their upload software. LOL.

Other than itunes does anybody use the software that comes with them?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 11:02:07 am »
I have a third gen (I think) iPod Nano.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 11:41:00 pm »
I have a PSPgo...Its light, sexy, its as small as a ipod touch, and it can play good grapghix games...I have over about 300 songs on it maybe...i dont know...
I also read Manga on my PSPgo..., also i got like 6 or 7 downloaded movies on it..^_^..I still have so much memory on it!...I even use it for these forums or myspace when the PCs are taken in the house...But it irritates people who read my stuff that i replied or posted from my PSP cuz its all messed up..o_o...Its really small and good ^_^

Plus i dont like Apples...They even put Vista on There new Macintoshes....*sigh* TRAITOR!!!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:09 am »
I have an original version I-Pod nano.... I've had it for years, so I'm going to continue to use it until the day it breaks. I just don't see the point in buying something new when there really isn't anything wrong with my current I-pod aside from being old. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 10:53:20 am »
ipods are the most durable! I actually put mine through the washing machine one time. I apologized and sweet-talked to it for the next whole week and it finally came back ^^  Still works good as new!

There was a bad power surge the other day that shorted EVERYTHING out. Even froze my ipod. I did a little reset on it and it still has everything on it!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 11:11:09 am »
I went from a Ipod Nano (forgot the generation) to an iPod shuffle, and I like it way more. Something about the shuffles makes me happy inside~! <3

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 11:13:05 am »
I have an ipod mini that I use for my car and I used to have a Zune (first gen I think) that I used for everything else but the Zunes is broken now so I use the ipod.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:54 am »
I had an iPod color! (IT WAS AWESOME :D) until about 2 years ago, when someone stole it.
Just recently for my birthday my Parents got me an iPod nano, which is what I use now ^^

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 04:39:17 pm »
Does anyone besides me have the TRPG, Song Summoner, made by Square for the ipod?

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 06:42:41 pm »
I LOVE SONG SUMMONER! THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT! :D
I was actually JUST playing and then I decided to check the forums. Its probably the one thing I do more than anything else on my iPod (even music! ^^)

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 10:23:34 pm »
I have an 80gig Zune. I chose it for its superior video quality, the wider range of formats it supports and because it is NOT an iPod. Only downside is that about 70% of all accessories are made for ipod, so finding docks and other items can be pricey and somewhat of a pain. I will most likely be getting the Zune HD in the near future.
Team Koga

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 10:14:48 am »
whats wrong with iPods koga?

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 10:57:15 am »
I've got an iPhone 3G which I use for basically everything including internet while at school because of my inability to connect to the internet with my computer while I'm there. My iPod video (5th generation) has all my old music that I lost with my last computer, so I still keep it around, and it's plugged into my alarm clock that's built for these kinds of things.

I have, in my opinion, too much technology. But people give me technology because they think I want it when I don't D:

But yeah! I use the iPod because it's easy enough to use and easy enough to keep things on. And I can do just about anything on it.

Offline AllyKat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 11:09:37 am »
I use an Ipod Nano Lime Green Generation 1, 4gb

I am a huge fan of green, I loved the bright color and had to have it, plus I don't
usually have a gazillion songs on my ipod so it's the perfect amount of space.

I have this one because my old 60gb Ipod Video went through the wash due to my
boyfriend forgetting to check his pockets. He said I could have any ipod in the apple
store for his mistake, and I really wanted something that goes with my personality, and
isn't so flashy and advanced that it will go out of style or seem to be "out of date"
when the next model comes in. My Gen 1 nano is sturdy and brightly colored, it may
not have all the features of the others but it stands up to the test of time and the abuse
that I give my technology.

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »
sansa e250r i got for christmas 3 years ago, still running great

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 03:26:36 pm »
 I've got a highly illegal and very felonious iPod touch that holds my stolen music and games.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 05:23:49 pm »
whats wrong with iPods koga?

Oh absolutely nothing at all, its just that everybody has them.  :P
Team Koga

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 03:20:11 am »
Oh.....
another person that believes anything popular sucks.

That's getting so old. Soon, people that think popular stuff sucks are going to suck, because they'll be so popular!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 11:57:21 pm »
Soon, people that think popular stuff sucks are going to suck, because they'll be so popular!

lol. When you're that cool, you don't bother with the details.

As for me disliking popular stuff.  Sure....   It's what seperates us from the animals.
Team Koga

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 12:57:45 am »
Soon, people that think popular stuff sucks are going to suck, because they'll be so popular!

lol. When you're that cool, you don't bother with the details.

As for me disliking popular stuff.  Sure....   It's what seperates us from the animals.
i use it because its useful! not popular. doing things because its popular is stupid >:(