Author Topic: Getting in shape for con season 2010  (Read 137787 times)

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
Re: Getting in shape for con season 2010
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2009, 12:50:49 pm »
ugh jogging... I do it but i hate it :/

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2009, 12:54:16 pm »
Jogging along with awesome music with you? THAT cures my boredom.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2009, 03:36:09 pm »
I can't jog, I have a ripped tendon in my right ankle Dx
Not extensive walking, and almost NO running
^ My doctor
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2009, 05:20:53 pm »
awww :(

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2010, 09:22:46 am »
So how is everyone doing?  Keeping up with workout and/or still holding to that diet?

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2010, 10:44:17 am »
My two soccer classes have started. I wont start playing till tomorrow but once I do I will be playing 4 days a week. That should help out a lot x.x

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2010, 05:37:51 pm »
Reducing the caloric intake, getting rid of the trans fats and saturated fats, and the worst for me is quitting soda. started doing crunches again with my resistance band, and walking/jogging with the 40lb weighted vest... my preparation sucks, but having my 6 pack back will be the best ever!

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2010, 07:29:24 pm »
Hmmm... a weighted vest. I haven't thought of doing that. I jog with weighted gloves and been considering getting some for my ankels, but a vest?   Ha! maybe I should don my BF's cain mail shirt and go for a jog, LOL!

Though I've been considering getting those "easy tone" shoes by reebok. I need new running shoes anyways but... I dunno.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2010, 07:36:20 pm »
Hmmm... a weighted vest. I haven't thought of doing that. I jog with weighted gloves and been considering getting some for my ankels, but a vest?   Ha! maybe I should don my BF's cain mail shirt and go for a jog, LOL!

Though I've been considering getting those "easy tone" shoes by reebok. I need new running shoes anyways but... I dunno.

yeah, the vest works really well honestly, i got the idea from dbz a long time ago, but firemen have them standard for training. I got mine at sports authority, though people do look at me funny travelling about town with it on.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2010, 07:48:52 pm »

I've had my eyes on those as well, xD
I'm sort of thinking that if I wear them while walking around, like when I'm shopping or something, then I'll get awesome legs xD
I'm not sure whether or not they work though Dx
It is going to be...

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2010, 07:51:06 pm »
I'll start working out once I get wii fit. x3

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:11 pm »
It made me angry by calling me abnormally short and fat.
I was like:
"Screw this thing. I don't like things that call me fat >.<"
It is going to be...

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »
AH, IGNORE IT, YOU ARE NOT. >O
I still love the games though, although I'm angry at it now. >:I

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2010, 08:03:43 pm »
I played wii fit this weekend! hula hoops make my knees hurt tho
right now my mom is staying over in the living room otherwise I would play now

My goal is to exersize around 3 times a week or so, and drink no more then 2 pops a day (I know that is still a lot and I am going to try to drink less then that but the name of my game is obtainable goals!)

But in general just try to get more healthy, include more of the veggies I do like, we got a costco membership largly cuz we can get like 5 hearts of romaine for like 3 bucks and thats enough for 3-4 family meals worth of salad!

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2010, 08:05:22 pm »
AH, IGNORE IT, YOU ARE NOT. >O
I still love the games though, although I'm angry at it now. >:I
d'awww, ilu shay~
Did my friends ever come up to you and say:
"Soundy told us to tell you that she wishes she could be here" and then hug you for me?
'cause if not I am an unhappy camper Dx
It is going to be...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:47 pm »

I've had my eyes on those as well, xD
I'm sort of thinking that if I wear them while walking around, like when I'm shopping or something, then I'll get awesome legs xD
I'm not sure whether or not they work though Dx
They aren't flat on the bottom and are kinda roundish so your body is forcing itself to stay balanced which forces your muscles to flex. That is how they work. It will do something to help improve your muscle tone but it might not be very noticeable, and your balance will increase.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2010, 10:24:52 pm »
are you guys talking about the sketchers shape ups? I wasn't very impressed with those, even less so with a price tag of 120 dewlars!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2010, 10:39:17 pm »
They have those for a lot of different brands of shoes. Personally if I were to get them I would get them from a running shoe company.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2010, 11:21:31 pm »
ah, i'd just seen them advertised for sketchers. I dunno my nike trek II work pretty good, it feels like i'm on cleats all the time though, so I walk kinda strange it seems, but comfortable all day, which is really my only care for shoes.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2010, 12:08:32 am »
My contract at Gold's Gym is almost up so im looking around to see if I can find something better. Gold's is good, just wish they had better hours. Other then that I plan on doubling my efforts for the new year.

ah, i'd just seen them advertised for sketchers. I dunno my nike trek II work pretty good, it feels like i'm on cleats all the time though, so I walk kinda strange it seems, but comfortable all day, which is really my only care for shoes.

I heavily reccommend Puma. I luv that brand to death!
Team Koga

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2010, 12:37:51 am »
new year so not starting good. I use to hate reg m&m, now I can't stop eating them... have like 4 oz of them a day. >< Someone stop me, tell me something super gross about m&ms! ^^;;

I also been failing at sleep. average about 5 to 7 hours. Not mewcons fault though, I been not sleeping well even before that, and the average does not include those two nights. ^^;; Like.. night before last I had 4 hours, last night 8, but it's past 12 already so no more then 7 tonight.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2010, 10:51:41 am »
new year so not starting good. I use to hate reg m&m, now I can't stop eating them... have like 4 oz of them a day. >< Someone stop me, tell me something super gross about m&ms! ^^;;

they are made of narutards?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2010, 11:28:14 am »
So working out and such again starts today. I had problems doing stuff in Redmond because it was icy as all hell outside. I did pushups and stuff but I usually felt super groggy because I wasn't running. Also it didn't help that my mom was like "OH LOOK I BOUGHT YOU YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF PIE THAT IS HARD TO GET." or "OH I MADE YOU DELICIOUS THINGS THAT ONLY I CAN MAKE YOU." I love my Mom to death but she isn't much help.

I had been complaining on facebook about how I need to work on and Mark (Hellsap on here) told me to try counting calories. I'm not very happy with it so far, he gave me a site and it like, calculates how much you need to eat and work out to lose weight. I eat pretty well already, not too many sweet and stuff but HOLY CRAP HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO LIVE ON 1500 CALORIES?!?!?!?! I just ate some tasty oatmeal with apples and brown sugar that I made myself with a glass of milk and that is 400 calories...I'm still hungry too D: I promised him I'd stick with it for a week but I'll probably drop it after this.

Well, life has also been crazy since I got back and I always end up getting home around the time my apartments gym closes. So this week I'm just going to go down there in the morning and work out. So I'll go do that now before I get sidetracked.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2010, 11:52:34 am »
I lived off of 900 cals for a long time, got to a point where I was not hungry. Then I relised to get all food groups I needed more.So now I eat (when I go by my plan, which I have so far today.) 1500 to 1800. When I first started the new it was hard, I felt like I ate too much. But now I don't know. I do not loos lbs either way. and am just as braindead and not sleepy both ways too. I have been 146 to 149 for ever... Need to move more is the only thing that seems to work for me. but being a computer junky, want to be writer, want to be artist, makes that a hard thing. I sit down a lot to do things I do.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2010, 12:35:23 pm »
So soccer was not as hard as I thought it would be. I am a little rusty at the sport but I was not horribly winded afterwords :D

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2010, 12:47:24 pm »

I had been complaining on facebook about how I need to work on and Mark (Hellsap on here) told me to try counting calories. I'm not very happy with it so far, he gave me a site and it like, calculates how much you need to eat and work out to lose weight. I eat pretty well already, not too many sweet and stuff but HOLY CRAP HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO LIVE ON 1500 CALORIES?!?!?!?! I just ate some tasty oatmeal with apples and brown sugar that I made myself with a glass of milk and that is 400 calories...I'm still hungry too D: I promised him I'd stick with it for a week but I'll probably drop it after this.

When I first started with my calorie counting I was the same way. "WTF!?! a glass of milk has HOW MUCH!?"  So I started with cutting a couple hundred a day until I got down to 1300. I've been keeping steady at that and lost a bunch of weight in the places I need to most! I'm stoked about it.
What really helps is checking everything you buy. I switched brands of bread because the kind I had before (though whole wheat and good for ya) had 25 more calories per piece. Also, vanilla frozen yogut tastes the same as vanilla ice cream with almost half the calories!
Cutting out red meat helps a bunch! It has a very high calorie count. Still be sure to eat meat though ^^

That's just what I've been doing and you may find other ways to lower your calorie count.

Added a bit to my usual jogging route today. Hope I can keep it up!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2010, 01:11:09 pm »
Ah, running was lovely.

@Roddy Manic- 900 calories sounds scary and unhealthy D: I'm glad you are eating more.

@Sutie- I think milk is my big kicker. I actually don't eat like....any sweet most of the time and when I do I can't even eat the whole thing because of all the sugar. And I already don't eat red meat (if I try I just vomit everywhere) so I guess I'm already off to a start. I'll check that bread thing though. I eat whole wheat too.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2010, 02:54:15 pm »
Skim milk only had 90 cals for 8 oz. I even add water to it sometimes. but it you are going from 2% start with 1% then move to skim.

And oatmeal, mine only 130 a bag and I have 2 bags.
normal 3 days

7am to 10am
1/2 banana (54) 8oz milk (90) instand breakfast (130)
10am to 1pm
2 Eggo Wheat Waffles (170)  4 oz jucie (55)
1pm to 4pm
mini wheat bagel (100) chicken (90) Cream Cheese (35) 6 Baby Carrots (35) pills (35)
4pm to 7pm
serving wheat thins (130) pears (80) almonds (80)
7pm to 10pm
Sonic Grilled Chicken (106) potato (100) butter (45) whole wheat roll (130)  whole wheat roll (130) pills (15)
day total = 1610
bed time 12

7am to 10am
10am to 1pm
oatmeal (130) oatmeal (130) 4 oz jucie (55)
1pm to 4pm
mini wheat bagel (100) chicken (90) Cream Cheese (35) 6 Baby Carrots (35) pills (35)
4pm to 7pm
7pm to 10pm
1/2 piece so 3.5 OZ Fish (170) whole wheat roll (130) whole wheat roll (130) cup Grean Beans (25)  pills (15)
day total = 1644
bed time 12

7am to 10am
10am to 1pm
Cheerios Cereal, 1 cup (100) 4oz milk (45) 4 oz jucie (55)
1pm to 4pm
4pm to 7pm
7pm to 10pm
Sonic Grilled Chicken (106) whole wheat roll (130) whole wheat roll (130)  cup corn (164) pills (15)
day total = 1604
bed time 12

and that gives me about 150 leway so if I want a skinny cow icescream sandwhich or fudgsical I can have one. but I am normall too full to have one.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2010, 03:09:15 pm »
Alright 30 minutes of soccer today and 30 minutes on a treadmill. Not a bad work out. Not to mention that I will have walked for about 30 minutes once my last class is done :D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2010, 03:20:01 pm »
Ugh, skim milk though >: I'd rather just cut down on my milk then drink skim. I had to drink that crap for 8 years and I'll be damned if I have to touch it again. DELICIOUS DAIRY, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I think I'm doing a little better getting later into the day. I had lunch and it was only 400 calories too, and that was just eating crap I usually eat (Yummy soupies I made last night). I think I was just overacting or something. And I got a friend who's going to be losing weight with me now :D I'm excited for that, it's going to push me to do it more if someone is keeping track with me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:20:47 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2010, 03:23:16 pm »
Most people are fine if they go without meat entirely. You just have to be sure you're getting enough iron and B12.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Kagami

• Cabbit
    • Facebook!
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »
Gaah. D: I need to lose at least two inches by SakuraCon, hopefully more along the lines of...well, four. xD I'm talking to my doctor about a diet pill called Phentermine early tomorrow because no matter what I do, I don't lose weight. It's a mass weight pill, but only because it seems that my mother and I have a genetic thing(I blame the Thyroid!) where it's harder to lose weight. Hell, I started ballet in July at five hours a week, and I haven't lost (literally)any fat. My legs have changed shape due to muscle, but that's it. I have the same measurements I've had since I was like...twelve except for a bigger bum due to ballet. xD

Aughhhh. I'm going crazy. I work out a ton, I just need help. xD Is that terrible that I'm depending on something that worked wonderfully for my mom to help me as well? I eat healthy-ish(I don't eat junk food, and my fast food of choice is Subway or a Taco Bell Taco Salad. -drools- I drink maybe one soda a day, if that. I like to stick to tea. Lean Cuisines are my meals of choice- but damn the sodium!) So, that's why my mother came to that conclusion. Even when I was doings men's lacrosse, I was the...well, heaviest GIRL on our team. xD; Ballet makes me feel so self-consious about my weight, too. There's two girls bigger than me- but that weight's going to even out better once they hit puberty(they make me feel old. ;-; Stupid 2000 babies!).

About going without meat: If you're going to, combine lots of beans and cheese. It creates a protien that's commonly found in meat that you need. That was my mistake with being a vegetarian.
KumoriCon '10 <3 (Fifth year in a row! WOO!)

Lenalee's third uniform - D. Gray Man - 100%
Lenalee's first uniform - D. Gray Man - ?%
Prussia - Hetalia - 95%
Wendy - Kuroshitsuji - 5%
Nero - Devil May Cry 4 - 20%

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2010, 03:31:49 pm »
Yeah, I don't have that issue, I can stand 2% can only have 1% in cereal. U love my skim milk. and like I said, I even sometimes add water, like my instant breakfast, it's 8oz skim milk and 4oz water, otherwith the chocolate from the mix it too strong for me. but I never have been much a dairy person.

as far meat, I love fish too much to lose it altogeather. but I don't eat beaf anymore, my body just does not like the stuff anymore. But I can have pork and chicken and fish.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2010, 03:49:32 pm »
Any dietitian will tell you this that it doesn't really matter what you eat as long as you eat it in moderation. And I learned in psychology class that just avoiding a food tends to lead to failure because you are spending a lot of energy not thinking about it which...leads you to think about it. A better way to diet is to find substitutes not avoidance. Like if you don't want to eat candy bars anymore substitute it for something that is sweet and sugary so you still get the energy and sugar you need. A good substitute would be fruit.

And to put it plain and simple, to lose weight calories out > calories in. A good way of doing that without even taking into account your metabolism is to burn as many calories as you eat. In order to do that you have to keep calorie counts. That way if you exercise 1200 calories away a day and you eat 1200 calories you know you will lose some weight because your metabolism is also burning off calories so your calories out will be greater than calories in.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2010, 06:54:00 pm »
So, I have a question for you all since I have now become sick as a dog.

Quick thing is a little bit about me! I got a weird illness when I was in the beginning of high school, I was eating like, once every 2 or 3 days for 3 months and I weighed 130 pounds which is the lightest I've weighed in my adult life. It sucked hard, I went to the doctor, they were like whoa, you have stuff, gave me medicine and my digestion system has been shot since then. If I don't eat in like, an hour period of me being hungry, I just am not hungry anymore. In another hour I think become completely nauseous smelling food makes me close to throwing up, eating food will sometimes make me throw up, and it's extremely hard to force myself to eat anything because usually the first thing I eat I will throw up and I'll have to eat again in about an hour to get my stomach to settle down. It sucks hard. I've gone to the doctor about it and they tell me that they aren't sure what the problem is and to just eat when I'm hungry.

Now to the problem. I was very advent on doing this calorie counting things today. Mark told me to use this site fittracker.com to help me do it. Now the thing is telling me I'm suppose to eat around 2100 calories to maintain my body but that my goal calories are 1600. It's also telling me I need to work out and burn 500 calories a day. So I took that as cut my calories by 500 and work out 500. I'm now in my bed with a hurting stomach and hungry as hell wondering what the hell I did wrong because I did what it said. And I did the whole thing of eating enough protein and not too many carbs or whatever.

So did I do this right? Am I just broken from counting calories right if I did do this? Because I'm sick as hell but I don't want to break this. Sorry if I repeated things but, I really don't feel good and I can't get a hold of Mark right now.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2010, 08:48:52 pm »
I am not a doctor so I am just throwing out ideas. best thing to do is go to a new doctor until you have one that gives you a answer you feel happy with.

If you ment cut 500 from 2100, then 1600 is a good amout to loose weight. But how do you eat all that? 100 callories every hour might be best from how it seems your body likes it's intake.

as for the issue, I would go to more doctors. Has any of them followed your food? Like that machin that you stay in that tracks your food from mouth to the end. Might be something with your intestines. If you have not, ask your doctor to do one, if he will not go to a new one until you find one that will.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:50:35 pm by Roddy Manic »

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2010, 09:55:31 pm »
How do you find out how many calories you need per day?
And how do you calculate it for things that don't have a nutrient panel, like fresh produce?
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2010, 10:01:18 pm »
I don't count calories for a couple reasons
~ I'd be happier not knowing
~ Don't wanna take the time to add it all up
~ I think I'd stress myself out over it

The much simpler thing I was told to do was to just reduce your portions by 1/4, try and limit heavy starches (bread, pasta, rice) to your first two meals. Try and get lots of protein. Eliminating unnecessary sugars such as soda, juice and candy helps alot too.

Balance is very important, you should have about 5 meals a day. 3 regular meals and 2 light snacks.

Breakfast > small snack > Lunch > small snack > Dinner

Its like a campfire, you throw too much on and you smother it, it goes out. You don't throw anything on, it starves, it goes out.

And when you don't eat and starve yourself the first place the body goes to grab nutrients from is not from fat but from your muscle.
If by working out and cutting your portions down by 1/4 is not working then I would consult a professional and try something more extreme.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:03:02 pm by KogaRyu »
Team Koga

Offline Lizzie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://lizzario.deviantart.com
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2010, 10:12:43 pm »
So, I have a question for you all since I have now become sick as a dog.

Quick thing is a little bit about me! I got a weird illness when I was in the beginning of high school, I was eating like, once every 2 or 3 days for 3 months and I weighed 130 pounds which is the lightest I've weighed in my adult life. It sucked hard, I went to the doctor, they were like whoa, you have stuff, gave me medicine and my digestion system has been shot since then. If I don't eat in like, an hour period of me being hungry, I just am not hungry anymore. In another hour I think become completely nauseous smelling food makes me close to throwing up, eating food will sometimes make me throw up, and it's extremely hard to force myself to eat anything because usually the first thing I eat I will throw up and I'll have to eat again in about an hour to get my stomach to settle down. It sucks hard. I've gone to the doctor about it and they tell me that they aren't sure what the problem is and to just eat when I'm hungry.

Now to the problem. I was very advent on doing this calorie counting things today. Mark told me to use this site fittracker.com to help me do it. Now the thing is telling me I'm suppose to eat around 2100 calories to maintain my body but that my goal calories are 1600. It's also telling me I need to work out and burn 500 calories a day. So I took that as cut my calories by 500 and work out 500. I'm now in my bed with a hurting stomach and hungry as hell wondering what the hell I did wrong because I did what it said. And I did the whole thing of eating enough protein and not too many carbs or whatever.

So did I do this right? Am I just broken from counting calories right if I did do this? Because I'm sick as hell but I don't want to break this. Sorry if I repeated things but, I really don't feel good and I can't get a hold of Mark right now.

As far as calorie counts are concerned, that sounds about right...if you require 2100 then to cut 500 out for weight loss and then 500 for exercise. However, it's where you PUT the calories that can make a difference.

Having worked in an internal medicine office for 5 years as a medical assistant and a nursing student right now, if you knew what you had (Ulcer? GERD? Crohns?) or what medication you took (Antibiotic? Acid-reducer?) then I might be able to offer a bit more advice. However, if you see docs and they aren't taking you seriously, it's time to go see them again for a referral to a GI doc.

For your current upset stomach thing there's a low fat (and cheap) standard: BRAT diet (which stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast with no butter). You can eat 1600 calories on this diet daily and feel satisfied. Something that you might want to do for the rice that won't hurt your gut and will help the electrolyte balances in your body is get some plain furikake and put it on your rice. Delicious ****. If you're drinking coffee daily, stop and switch to tea. Might take you two or three cups, but it's easier on your stomach and the hot water actually aids digestion.

Might be stuff you already know, but I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:13:59 pm by Lizzie »

Offline Lizzie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://lizzario.deviantart.com
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2010, 10:24:16 pm »
How do you find out how many calories you need per day?
And how do you calculate it for things that don't have a nutrient panel, like fresh produce?

Here's what I use - http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/users/myplate/

It's free to sign up, and pretty user friendly. You plug in your weight, your activity level, how much you want to gain or lose and it tells you how many calories you have to eat to reach that goal. Also tracks your exercise. The data entry gets tedious, but I lost 20 pounds last year keeping this food diary...so it's all good.

Another reliable source to check this out is the CDC - http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/index.html

<3 <3 <3 the CDC.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2010, 10:50:11 pm »
http://www.sparkpeople.com/
this is another free site out there. can keep track of calories, can give a meal plan if you want one but you don't have to use that part, keeps track of exersize if you want to. I never did. ^^; And water. It has chat stuff and info. It works really well for some people. (( i'm not one of those some, but I am odd. ^^;; )) my mom's friend lost 50lbs when she used that aid, she was 240lbs and is now about 190lbs. not sure when she started it though.

But I do need to count, I use Excel sheet I made for it. Although only a little, I move down in pounds when I count and stay same or go up a little in pounds when I do not count.

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2010, 09:12:09 am »
Gah! too many diets on here. I'm just going to stick to what I've been doing cuz it works. Speaking of which, I should get ready to go out for a jog. KOF body, here I come!!!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2010, 09:18:35 am »
I've been getting myself back into shape with a 30 minute seesion of my morning exercise routine and later after breakfast an hour of practicing my poom-se (Taekwondo Forms). And trust me do that long enough you WILL feel it.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2010, 09:25:01 am »
I'm getting ready to go to soccer. A little sore but most of it is in my back. I'm sure it will be gone in a few days. We'll see if I go to the gym latter today or not.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:48 am »
My legs are not happy with me.... Parking at school has been totally obnoxious since it's the beginning of the term, so I decided instead of dealing with all the stupid drivers to park two miles away near a bunch of warehouses so I can have a bit of extra exercise.

I try to take the trip at a fairly brisk walk (I've found that I lose/maintain my weight better from keeping at a constant fast walk when exercising then spurts of flat out running) and I can already tell it's helping me get back into my whole "healthy" mindset. I actually ran into a guy on my walk yesterday who takes the same route and he has decreed that we should be walking partners. He's way taller than me though so it's two of my strides to one of his so yesterday I had to pick up the pace a bit. XD
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:06:02 am by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2010, 02:35:30 pm »
@Roddy- Not really, my family has always been..."lacking in funds" to send me to the doctor that much. I don't think I can even afford to go to the doctor again for a bit since my last visit was in December. Thanks for that though. I'm doing a little better today! I'm trying to eat more protein because looking at it again, I was kinda avoiding anything that I thought was full of fat and bad stuff. I found out today that cheese and eggs are excellent for you and I am so happy ;.;

@Lizzie- That does help a lot! I may try looking into that Brat diet thing a bit more. As I said to Roddy I think it was just me being paranoid about eating anything that had any sort of fat in it. I can't afford to go to a doctor but I'm just going to try eating small things all day instead of eating big meals.

BUT DELICIOUS EGGS, I HAD 3 THIS MORNING MMMM I didn't know they were so low in calories :O Also I think a half an apple and a slice of cheese is my new favorite snack in the world <3

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2010, 04:13:16 pm »
-sigh- i keep telling myself I'll start walking more when the holidays end. The holidays have ended and I'm doing my best. It helps that I walk from school to my house with my REALLY heavy backpack... Perhaps I should eat breakfast though... I'm not really a morning person and I usually skip breakfast cuz I'm not hungry until lunch. But I have like no food to eat except for sugar... So I'm dragging my dad today to the grocery store and we is going to have ourselves some yummy veggies... go broccoli! I still need to move more though... perhaps I should walk around the little park next to my complex... damn you beaverton for being so... so.... modern! I just went to the doctors office and I've lost 2 pounds.... but that might be because I've been sick a lot.... anywho, good luck to everyone!
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2010, 08:58:17 pm »
lucky. I can't have eggs, not very often anyways. My body hates the sulfer in them and I get sick big time if I have too much. It's also why I don't eat hazelnuts, cashews, or beef anymore and NEVER will have an angus burger from Mc.D's again.  Glad you are feeling better.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2010, 10:24:59 pm »
@Roddy- Not really, my family has always been..."lacking in funds" to send me to the doctor that much. I don't think I can even afford to go to the doctor again for a bit since my last visit was in December. Thanks for that though. I'm doing a little better today! I'm trying to eat more protein because looking at it again, I was kinda avoiding anything that I thought was full of fat and bad stuff. I found out today that cheese and eggs are excellent for you and I am so happy ;.;

@Lizzie- That does help a lot! I may try looking into that Brat diet thing a bit more. As I said to Roddy I think it was just me being paranoid about eating anything that had any sort of fat in it. I can't afford to go to a doctor but I'm just going to try eating small things all day instead of eating big meals.

BUT DELICIOUS EGGS, I HAD 3 THIS MORNING MMMM I didn't know they were so low in calories :O Also I think a half an apple and a slice of cheese is my new favorite snack in the world <3

@Boogiepop: I think I remember you mentioning on the forums that you attend college, if I'm not mistaken..? Do you have a student health center you can visit? Usually, those visits are included in your student fees... :/  I hope you get well soon! Your body is definitely trying to tell you something...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:26:35 pm by princessmoon »
And so it begins...

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2010, 08:25:49 pm »
i've lost 6 lbs this week it's awesome! down to 180!