Author Topic: Getting in shape for con season 2010  (Read 137807 times)

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
Re: Getting in shape for con season 2010
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2010, 01:16:24 am »
I just got back from running, my lungs burn, i'm drenched in sweat, and it's going to feel great to wash it off, but I'm just glad I could sweat from working out, it's been like 2 years since that's happend.

body weight 173, body fat 19.6% muscle 43.4% woot!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:42:20 am by ishpumalibu »

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2010, 04:09:45 pm »
i just walked the mall in 4-inch hooker shoes lol (tsunade shoes) AND went bowling

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2010, 04:34:08 pm »
just got a golds gym home workout thing, pullup bar and whatnot, it's great for the abs never knew that lifting my legs could work my abs so well.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2010, 05:52:20 pm »
i just walked the mall in 4-inch hooker shoes lol (tsunade shoes) AND went bowling
AH HA! So you were the tsunade! XD I hope you guys had fun.

I'm updating with pretty much the same thing, we walked around the mall, tried climbing on some things and we pretty much ate only fruit the whole time we were there. We had some popcorn with the movie but it was a small. :3 I've been doing pretty good on my diet the past few days, but before that I was doing pretty badly so I think it's balanced out now.

Though for some reason my stomach is hurting so I'm going to lay down for awhile.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »
Ate an obscene amount of food these past two days during a field trip and I regret nothing.~

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #305 on: January 24, 2010, 01:22:25 pm »
^ lol

I've been working out a lot more now that my ankle is well on it's way to healing :3
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #306 on: January 24, 2010, 01:29:09 pm »
My friend has been wanting to do this (get in shape) for k-con lol but... so far she hasnt done a darn thing! lol she keeps wanting me to do it with her, which i just might do because then she will get her act together lol but... I don't really need to be getting in shape  :-\ lol

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #307 on: January 27, 2010, 08:42:37 pm »
I need a workout buddy! ;-; I have no motavation to move. I have not really gained any weight, but not loosing it either. I eat okay, not great but okay, but I do not move enough. Other then 6 to 9 dances on DDR when I go to the movies. and sometimes random dancing to trance or techno. well, and yeasterday I did a lot of cleaning in my room. but I don't go to my gym, have to time just no motivation to go. and I spend $30 a month for membership there. >< But I have no friends, so no one to talk into going to the gym with me. blargness.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2010, 09:30:43 pm »
I need a workout buddy! ;-; I have no motavation to move. I have not really gained any weight, but not loosing it either. I eat okay, not great but okay, but I do not move enough. Other then 6 to 9 dances on DDR when I go to the movies. and sometimes random dancing to trance or techno. well, and yeasterday I did a lot of cleaning in my room. but I don't go to my gym, have to time just no motivation to go. and I spend $30 a month for membership there. >< But I have no friends, so no one to talk into going to the gym with me. blargness.

Going in or going back for the first time is the hardest part. Even if you can't find anyone to go with you just gotta try and make it a habit/part of your routine. Not having a gym buddy makes it hard though.
Team Koga

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2010, 10:17:04 pm »
*raises hand* ill be your gym buddy.. itll get me out of the house... i actually cant stand gyms because i dont se the point of running on a treadmill or stairclimbers... but they do have equipment I dont have at home. Plus, I live close by.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2010, 10:55:31 pm »

It's a good idea when you have a cosplay with difficult shoes. I'll spend at least an hour in cosplay shoes each night a month before a con just to be sure I'll be comfortable in them.

Looks like I get to buy my treadmill tonight!  Can't run in two feet of snow, which is what it's like where I'm moving to. XD 

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #311 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:36 am »
I need to make these shoes, and then learn to walk in them. Its probably going to be a great work out! :D

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #312 on: January 28, 2010, 08:56:15 am »
OMG, I don't remember where but I've seen those shoes in real life before and not as a cosplay! Those are going to be difficult to walk around in :/

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2010, 11:33:55 am »
WHAT?? THEY ARE REAL? that might make making them so much easier! >w<
i'm so confused as to how to make them right now!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »
My metabolism has lost it.
I will eat, then my stomach will gurgle for around 15-20 minutes, then I will be STARVING again, like I hadn't eaten in days...
IT IS MADNESS...

It's only started doing this since I've gone veggie, you guys think it might have something to do with that?
It is going to be...

oslapedo

« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2010, 10:17:45 pm »
That's odd. By veggie do you mean vegetarian? I've been one for at least two years and I don't remember having different hunger habits before becoming one.

Maybe your metabolism needs time to settle and get used to the changes in your diet? I don't know, I'm kinda talking out of my bum.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2010, 10:45:57 pm »
I ate like 3 twinkys today. Wow.

Beef jerkey, pizza, cake, jello, sour skittles, lotsa junk food.

oslapedo

« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2010, 10:50:19 pm »
I had sour skittles today too, my tongue is still numb.

Offline FynХоук

• Cabbit
« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2010, 10:55:51 pm »
I am 5 pounds heavier than I was yesterday ><

I am Dark Link from 'The Twin Links'
I am the writer and mind behind all skits and videos.
I am awesome!

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2010, 11:04:47 pm »
there was one week before I'd started working out, thanksgiving week, that i gained 12 lbs... that was hell on my knees.

Offline Sevonne

• Cabbit
    • Ronnen @ DeviantART
« Reply #320 on: January 30, 2010, 11:07:36 pm »
Mmmm...beef jerky. That's actually really good for you in small amounts--great source of protein and energy. *nod*

Went to the gym today again. Can feel my stomach actually starting to tighten up! THANK GOD THOSE 100 KNEE TO CHEST CRUNCH-Y THINGS WORK SOMEWHAT. That machine hurts. u_u; You pretty much use your elbows, back, and arms to hold up your body against a hemispherical medicine ball about five feet off the ground. You use your body weight to tone your abs by pulling your thighs to your chest like one hundred thousand times. It hurts so bad, but it's worth it in the end. ;)

I hate treadmills too, but I enjoy running without knowing I have to run back to where I started. I like watching TV--except for those food commercials. UGH THOSE ARE THE WORST WHEN YOU'RE WORKING OUT. A lot of people get hungry, I just feel sick because I start imagining someone waving a big burrito in front of my face or something. Grosses me out!
Anyways, the only downside to a treadmill is the fact that your momentum isn't creating any air flow/movement, so you overheat really quickly. ^^; I always get so red in the face after running.

Some advice to those who "break" and give into their cravings: Eat just a little of what you want to eat every day. Put those Doritos out of sight and do like what I did--MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS HOLDING YOU ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHEN AND HOW MUCH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO EAT OF YOUR "REWARD" FOOD! Just knowing my husband would be disappointed in me for later disappointing myself just to satisfy an urge kept me from ravaging the pantry.
Also, when you're hungry, start trying healthy snacks that are low in calories. Have an apple, a can of refrigerated 'No Sugar Added' Mandarin Oranges or Peaches, or a juice smoothie. Even a small slice of cheese or a yogurt can be okay, just don't eat these more than once or twice a day as your snack. Try drinking water when you're craving food--have a small snack with it so your stomach isn't miserable again in half an hour.
I'm just suggesting the things that worked for me in losing my weight and continuing to keep it off. I used to be ashamed with how I looked. I was in denial that it was just a trick of the mirror, but then I started looking at recent photographs of myself. I went to my husband and told him to be 100% honest with me about my weight gain. He told me it wasn't way out of hand yet, but I was more attractive to him when I was thinner. This was a big motivator to me--a tough love sort of thing--and I used it to get back on track.

People say weight doesn't matter--which is true if you're thinking about weight itself, not BMI--but depending on who you are, you might not feel that way. Of course, that doesn't mean becoming anorexic or bulimic like my cousins did, but it does mean it's time to do something to make yourself self-confident again. But gym by itself does nothing if you're not controlling your eating habits. I could go to the gym five days a week and eat junk food and not lose a single pound. Think of it as running in place. You aren't moving forward, you aren't moving backward. Your hard work is being stunted by your food cravings.

I'll keep anyone on this forum accountable for their exercise if they want me to--I'll even text you to remind you to go to the gym! If you need a person to push you but don't know anybody around who will help you out that way, come here!
You can tell me your goal weight and your current weight and we'll work on losing weight together! I'm still trying to become trim for my costume and need a work-out buddy as well, even if I am two states away!

Anyways, just want to motivate everybody to keep up a healthy lifestyle. I mean, sure, I goof up and eat pizza or drink soda once every month at least, but keeping myself on the right track keeps me from gaining that weight back. I want to help you guise do the same! 8D 8D 8D

Well, loves~sorry for the long rambling post. ^^; I get excited about things sometimes.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #321 on: January 30, 2010, 11:28:49 pm »
Long post is long

And I was a vegetarian all through middle school, but quit half way through 8th grade, and I don't remember feeling this way before ><
It is going to be...

Offline Sevonne

• Cabbit
    • Ronnen @ DeviantART
« Reply #322 on: January 30, 2010, 11:31:25 pm »
Long post is long

And I was a vegetarian all through middle school, but quit half way through 8th grade, and I don't remember feeling this way before ><

LOOOOOOOOOONG. xD

Yes indeed; that's very strange. O_O I know meat is more filling. Maybe that's it?

oslapedo

« Reply #323 on: January 30, 2010, 11:39:25 pm »
Uh, I doubt it. There are plenty of meatless things out there that are filling.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #324 on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:57 am »
I doubt it has anything to do with being vegetarian, especially if you've tried it before and this is the first time it's happened. Have you changed the way you do anything else? A lot of things can cause you to feel hungry when you shouldn't be.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

oslapedo

« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2010, 07:39:19 am »
Maybe it's... growing hunger or whatever? But I'm hungry all the time too and I'm probably done growing for the rest of me life :D

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2010, 10:08:59 am »
It is weirdest because I am overweight and usually when your always hungry like I am nowadays, it means your metabolism is fast, thus making you (or me) quite thin.
Because I am not, it makes me wonder...
And I didn't eat a lot of meat anyways when I was not a vegetarian.
Maybe I have just been eating healthier, and that could make me digest faster? Maybe? A little? >>
It is going to be...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2010, 10:32:23 am »
I havn't weighed myself in a while because I know that I've gone up :-[

Offline Sevonne

• Cabbit
    • Ronnen @ DeviantART
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2010, 11:06:45 pm »
I know for a fact that diet change, a change in sleeping patterns, and/or depression can affect your diet significantly. I hope things get better for you soon. D:

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2010, 11:21:24 pm »
you know its a sad thing when you cant even button the jacket thats the perfect color for your cosplay... ugh! so no cool... my dad uggested geting up earlier to do some exercises... i told him fat chance... i dont sleep well to begin with so i kinda like my sleep.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2010, 11:50:06 pm »
I need to weigh myself. >< I have not in like.. over a month. I was 148 last time, I think I am still about 148. bmi was 25.29. My goal is to be about 125 and my bmi to be 22.00.

Anyone in beaverton want to be my buddy here? I'd love that.

Also, the thread isn't updated yet, but SUCH is starting back up on Feb 21st if anyone here wants to join it. It's a hiking/walking club for cosplayers or just anime fans. We do not hike in cosplay though, that would be too risky for the cosplay. ^^; there is a link to it in my sig.

And.. insamnia and depression sucks when you are trying to lose weight. I tend to over eat because I am up when I should be asleep. Or, like the other night, lack of sleep and eating only food from sonic (chicken strips and onion rings) equals sick all night and not able to keep anything down for a day.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:50:19 pm by Roddy Manic »

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2010, 08:23:03 am »
^ this was difficult to read. Always remember: spelling and grammar save lives!

Anyhow! I'd managed to stay they same weight for a week, but then was given a jar of nütella, and I am up (consistently) about 5 lbs since 2 weeks ago :/
I just hope to stay my base weight and work on muscle definition, but I'm really lazy :(

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #332 on: February 02, 2010, 09:58:28 pm »
i have not weighed myself in so long...ive been doing dance but nothing else D: my friends have been telling me that i look smaller

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #333 on: February 02, 2010, 10:49:49 pm »
I need to weigh myself. >< I have not in like.. over a month. I was 148 last time, I think I am still about 148. bmi was 25.29. My goal is to be about 125 and my bmi to be 22.00.

Anyone in beaverton want to be my body here I'd love that.

Also, the thread isn't updated yet, but SUCH is starting back up on Feb 21st is anyone here wants to join it. It's ahiking/walking club for cosplayers or just anime fans. we do not hike in cosplay though, that would be to risky for the cosplay. ^^; a link to it is in my sig.

And.. insamnia and depression suck when you are trying to lose weight. I over eat because I am up when I should not be. Or, like the other night, lack of sleep and eating only food from sonic (chicken strips and onion rings) = sick all night and not able to keep anything down for a day.

I can be your workout buddy! what times work for you? Weekends arent really going to work for me.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2010, 08:38:28 am »

Anyhow! I'd managed to stay they same weight for a week, but then was given a jar of nütella, and I am up (consistently) about 5 lbs since 2 weeks ago :/
I just hope to stay my base weight and work on muscle definition, but I'm really lazy :(

Ok lets go over this again....You weight five pounds more than me and you are three inches taller. I am considered normal weight so you would be considered normal weight if not close to underweight. The five pound and three inches difference means that each inch weighs about 1.66 pounds. I can understand that you want to get in shape but I wouldn't worry about losing weight >_> I saw your belly and it looks fine ^_^ Way better than mine.

Your bmi is 22.6 where mine is 23.9 :P Both of which are in normal range.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:39:41 am by nikkiolie »

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2010, 11:34:59 pm »
Yes, I would LOVE a NightLotus belly. My 3.29BMI I need to lose is all in my upper arms amd my belly. I was asked if I was pregnant again last family thing I was at. It was not fun. I have a tummy, but I don't look preggy. Even when I was younger before I had my son, when I was 20, and was 125lbs, I still have a pudgy tummy. I would love to have no pudgy tummy like you. I can see you wanting to tone up, gaining muscel and losing fat is always a good thing... to a point. ^^: No scary only muscel lady NightLotus.

nee. and steelychan, buddy stuff would be cool. We can talk at CLUB about when maybe we could like go walking or something togeather.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:36:09 pm by Roddy Manic »

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2010, 10:25:29 am »

Ok lets go over this again....You weight five pounds more than me and you are three inches taller. I am considered normal weight so you would be considered normal weight if not close to underweight. The five pound and three inches difference means that each inch weighs about 1.66 pounds. I can understand that you want to get in shape but I wouldn't worry about losing weight >_> I saw your belly and it looks fine ^_^ Way better than mine.

Your bmi is 22.6 where mine is 23.9 :P Both of which are in normal range.
Yes, I am pretty happy with where I got myself! I just need more muscle definition! I'm atrophying over here!
lol

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2010, 12:20:09 pm »
im realy starting to think the wii blacnce board cant weight corectly... it said i was under 100 lbs when that is no way possible!

and for my work outs i've been doing we fit stregth exercises and doing we cheer 2 workout modes with feet movement of corse
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2010, 01:27:39 pm »
im realy starting to think the wii blacnce board cant weight corectly... it said i was under 100 lbs when that is no way possible!

and for my work outs i've been doing we fit stregth exercises and doing we cheer 2 workout modes with feet movement of corse
are you using it on carpet? you have to put extra feet on it, or it registers funny :P mine had that problem too :P

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »
Yes, I would LOVE a NightLotus belly. My 3.29BMI I need to lose is all in my upper arms amd my belly. I was asked if I was pregnant again last family thing I was at. It was not fun. I have a tummy, but I don't look preggy. Even when I was younger before I had my son, when I was 20, and was 125lbs, I still have a pudgy tummy. I would love to have no pudgy tummy like you. I can see you wanting to tone up, gaining muscel and losing fat is always a good thing... to a point. ^^: No scary only muscel lady NightLotus.

nee. and steelychan, buddy stuff would be cool. We can talk at CLUB about when maybe we could like go walking or something togeather.

yays! I walk home everyday... and i just started resistance band training... that urned my arms to jelly... ok! ^^
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #340 on: February 05, 2010, 11:29:39 am »
YES!!! I'm getting back in the game. I've gotten back to my regular morning workouts and have incresed the repitition to 35 plus I've added a new exercise for balance. I need to be ready for the conventions.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2010, 11:46:53 am »
4 hours of yogathon tmrrw. :-)  I can finally do the wheel now! Yoga is better than I thought it would be. :D
And so it begins...

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2010, 12:14:01 pm »
hmmm would the wii board weigh better if i put it on a piece of cork board?
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2010, 01:15:03 pm »
hmmm would the wii board weigh better if i put it on a piece of cork board?
no idea? ;;>_>

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2010, 09:23:39 pm »
i give up orz; i havent been losing weight at all...i've been gaining it...i've gained 6 lbs!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2010, 06:55:01 pm »
noes don't give up! you can do it =D

I think I've lost about 5 pounds...but I'm not sure. My weight has been goin all over the place the past few months.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2010, 07:03:02 pm »
I haven't weight myself if a few weeks but I have been sick and not eating a lot so I am sure I lost some weight. I'll try to weigh myself sometime XD.

51 days left till Sakuracon. I can get there. One inch on my hips and thighs is all I want. I can and will do it.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2010, 08:50:45 pm »
I can and will do it.

This is what makes you a winner!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #348 on: February 10, 2010, 02:38:46 pm »
I bought a scale thats accurate withing .2lbs! Its amazing how good ya feel when you see even the small progress and I have lost about 6.4lbs so far! Also started doing Tae Bo and managed to make myself ill by trying the advanced work-out....  :P Oh well no pain no gain!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:58:29 pm by Lin »
Secrety secrets!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2010, 11:25:37 am »
I was talking to my mother, who is kind of a weight Nazi.
She said that she thought I would be perfect if I lost 15 pounds :DDDDD
YAY~
I'mma go run now :3
It is going to be...