Author Topic: Getting in shape for con season 2010  (Read 137854 times)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
Re: Getting in shape for con season 2010
« Reply #450 on: March 15, 2010, 02:25:50 pm »
It would all depend on how big of steps you are taking...if your steps average about 1 foot per step then you would have walked just over 1/2 a mile at 3000 feet considering there are 5280 feet in a mile.

My G/F & I started cutting sweets out of our diet a long time ago & replacing snacks with fruits & veggies as much as possible. We buy boxes of organic oranges & grapefruits a lot & that is how we kill our sweet-tooth. Very good suggestion Nikkiolie...it has worked wonders for us!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2010, 07:44:12 pm »
I think I read some where that its 2000 steps, but it really depends on your strides. On that note, I also read that 10,000 steps a day is considered "healthy".
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #452 on: March 15, 2010, 08:40:02 pm »
I think I'm going to start running, every day. At least running up and down my stairs :D
Because I feel fffffaaaaatttttt
every day after school thats all I do. Thats the only exercise that I like. Another fun one is to ding dong ditch.  It passes the time and burns off the carbs.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #453 on: March 15, 2010, 09:17:02 pm »
i just helped some friends move... that hurt... it shouldnt but it does. ive been cutting back on my chocolate and i stress eat... which ive been trying to break... not working out too good.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #454 on: March 16, 2010, 09:10:19 am »
my goodness i have been slacking and now im gaining waight in the wrong places!!!! (shush it makes my costumes not fit right) must crack down harder!

been slacking on my exercises at night but im picking back up on it.
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #455 on: March 16, 2010, 09:29:02 am »
I have decided that I want to wear a two piece swimsuit this summer, and I don't want to be ashamed of my body.
Erin and I are going to start hiking on thursdays (incase some HDC person *cough* Chris *cough* drops by this thread.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #456 on: March 16, 2010, 09:34:11 am »
Yeah I read that the average person's stride is about 2000 steps for a mile. Which works out right because when I went to the gym yesterday I was on the treadmill for two miles and that is about what the pedometer said when I got off :D

I really don't feel like working out today so I am really going to have to focus on eating right.

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #457 on: March 16, 2010, 09:45:28 am »
I am working on Tai Chi and I am going to start walking a mile around my neighborhood. Yet, I feel like I am getting nowhere. What do you guys think?

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2010, 11:11:10 am »
How is your diet?  Have you considered lifting weights?  Also, maybe walk an extra mile or try jogging / speed walking instead?

Edit (I didn't want to create a new post right after my own previous post):

This was totally random .. I decided to check Woot.com today and they have 2 pedometers for $2.99 + shipping.  If anyone is interested, it's at www.woot.com but you have to purchase it before the end of today or until it runs out.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:00:00 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2010, 04:30:01 pm »
Talked to Mr. Young and he said a great way to loose weight is to get your heart rate above your RHR for a very long period of time (at least over an hour) it's the best way to open up somethin' (he explained it better than that xD) and gets you to loose weight.
Like jogging, or hiking :D
It is going to be...

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #460 on: March 17, 2010, 07:49:44 am »
Cardio is always a great way to start IMO...I used to be extremely active in that fashion & was always in great shape. I would like to be able to afford myself a mountain bike & start riding again...good way to stay in shape.

@Rebel: Will be a little hard for me to drive all the way to Bend after working all day & then hike for a little bit...although it's still tempting lol.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #461 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:45 am »
So trying to start this AGAIN. School keeps getting in the way of my whole life. 12 hour days just were not friggin' cutting it for me. Last thing I wanted to do was be up for any longer after I got home.

So here I go, working out 5 days a week starting today. Running and lifting weights. Eating healthier and all that jazz. I'mma try to count calories again. Had a sammich for lunch/breakfast, only 450 calories :B
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #462 on: March 17, 2010, 12:52:57 pm »
Its never been a big deal before, but now that Kcon is approaching again and im going to cosplay for the first time ever, I really need to worry about it.

My thighs are huge. Im not fat, but my thighs are.
Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to....deal with this?
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

oslapedo

« Reply #463 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28:31 pm »
Aerobics are good for thighs I think.

My new favorite form of excercise is rollerblading <3

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #464 on: March 17, 2010, 08:31:24 pm »
^ I LOVE ROLLER BLADING
It is going to be...

oslapedo

« Reply #465 on: March 17, 2010, 08:38:27 pm »
My spring break will be spent as such: 85% rollerbladin', 10% working on Air Gear cosplay, 5% swimming/reading/writing/other, with chilling with peeps, eating, sleeping and etc in between or at the same time.

By Sakooracon my legs might be the tiniest bit slimmer, WOO ~

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #466 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:23 pm »
OK! Work out day one: Tried run and I just don't have the stamina anymore. Gonna work on the elliptical until I can get it back up. So 15 minutes running, 30 minutes on the elliptical, plus a mile and a half of walking. I'm off to a good start :D
And I think Kyle and I are going to go on a hike tomorrow.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline wii

• Cabbit
« Reply #467 on: March 18, 2010, 07:57:23 am »
I'm working on getting in shape for Kumoricon so hopefully by the time con come I'll have reached it...and having a couple moths do it does help alot n_n
you only live once so live life to it's fullest

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #468 on: March 18, 2010, 11:01:12 am »
MONTAGE TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90cZRXOv2po

* push-ups*
 *pull-ups*

RUN!!!!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #469 on: March 18, 2010, 11:50:00 am »
Just got back from the gym .. a personal best .. completed 10 sets of 3 repetitions on chin-ups.  ;D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2010, 01:34:31 pm »
So last night I went to the work out room thinking it was 9...but it was 10 and was closed.

So I decided today to work out a little longer then I usually do to make up the lost time. BAD IDEA. I was on the elliptical for an hour, burned 600 calories and dear god, my body is mad at me it.

Talking to a friend right now though, he's a fit junkie and wtf'd at me doing cardio for an hour. He told me that it's better to do cardio for 30 minutes and then do stretching and weights for the other 30. Will remember that next time I spend an hour working out. I'll keep doing 45 minutes of cardio on school days though.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2010, 03:05:45 pm »
you know how i've been doing we cheer and crunches and leg lifts and skating once a week? ....i went skating and fell hard on my tail bone within the first 30 secounds of being there... no skating for me ;____; no we cheering now ieither
kumoicon 2013:

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:21 pm »
Just dance around people.

Preform hard core acts from hardcore shows like KAMEHAMEHA!.... o_o

Dancing is a real good form of exercise.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »
I had a track meet today, and dang am I tired. i feel so dead right now.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #474 on: March 20, 2010, 01:37:07 pm »
Over the summer when I lost a lot of weight I did Hare Hare Yukai every day =D
It is going to be...

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #475 on: March 20, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »
Your diet is just as important as physical activity; so if you really want to change your life, try avoiding all bad sugars (cane sugar, corn syrup, etc), glutens, yeasts (yes, bread is bad for you), and dairy (goat milk+cheese are acceptions). Try focusing on stuff like Stevia which is a sugar replacement, A LOT of green veggies (avoid cooking in Canola oil. It's bad. Use olive, pumpkin, or coconut oil instead), and you can still eat any kind of meat which is nice.
I know, it sounds like the most challenging thing in the world since the vast majority of sold foods contain all that crap but this is super effective for your health and weight especially. It'll also speed up your weight loss if you keep up with the constant physical activity. You'll begin to notice the change after a week. You'll start eating what your body enjoys, not just according to your taste buds.

I've been doing this for the past nine months and I shrunk a lot over a short period of time; and I've had more energy than usual. It's truly amazing.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #476 on: March 20, 2010, 03:01:25 pm »
I agree with all of that except I say that you shouldn't lay a paw on fake sugars besides Agave Nectar, and anything ENTIRELY natural, I have to say, I'm fat (ish) but I'm healthy. My resting heart rate is 60, which is supa' low for someone of my weight :3
So, I'd say that staying away from sugar is a bad choice, because fats are an important part of your diet.
It is going to be...

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #477 on: March 20, 2010, 03:52:19 pm »
Well, yes you do need fats in your diet, that's for sure. I'm not saying they should be avoided. That's where meat comes in (yummy pork~). But yeah, natural sugars are ideal and are also important to include in your diet. Can't escape the sugar. x3

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #478 on: March 20, 2010, 04:01:07 pm »
Yummy pork = a no no for me
I'm a veggie x3
It is going to be...

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #479 on: March 20, 2010, 04:03:56 pm »
woohoo my tail dont hurt no more... so i can we cheer again! i love how playing WII games the way my family does realy works out your upper body!
kumoicon 2013:

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2010, 05:37:52 pm »
Healthy food can be so god damn expensive sometimes though. During of the beginning of the school months I have to budget pretty hard if I have to spend 300+ dollars on books. then I'm just down to eating white bread with turkey on it and plain oatmeal :B

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline pixiepepistar

• Oni
« Reply #481 on: March 20, 2010, 06:27:38 pm »
I've tried several times now to start getting in shape but i just can't seem to do it, for no reason really. and its not like i weigh a ton and have a long ways to go, I'm just not as thin as i would like. I think my problem is i have no focus, motivation, self-discipline, and i have no one to help me really. my oly partner is my dad, and after falling off the wagon (yet again) I got pumped randomly (like i always do) and so we made a whole big plan and were really excited, but we never did it! I've been eating reasonably healthy, but i think i've been slacking a bit lately. i feel like i'm stumbling around trying to find my way, I need stability and a rock solid plan and etc. i am just not very educated in this also. and always, whenever i restart, i wanna kick it into full overdrive because i never feel like i'm doing enough and i can never see results, and i think i get overwhelmed so i stop quickly or don't even start. like when i did wii fit, everytime i lost a pound or two, it'd be right back the next day. and its hard for me and my dad to find a time for us both to do someting together, and i'm really dependant on others, so i feel like i can't do it alone. i have tons of ideas sometimes, but i never act on them. i'm lazy and i procrastinate. and i'm really confused. i just need to get my butt in gear and do it. i need motivation. help and encouragement and ideas would be greatly appreciated please. i want to feel better about myself and its really hard.
Cosplay for Kumoricon '11:
-FFXIII Lightning
-TWEWY Shiki
-

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #482 on: March 20, 2010, 06:31:26 pm »
A new exercise add on for the PLAYSTATION 3!

Enjoy a much more better working and realistic version of the wii.

360 Natal.

Punch red balls... WITH NO REMOTES...( No hardcore games included)

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #483 on: March 20, 2010, 07:27:49 pm »
I've tried several times now to start getting in shape but i just can't seem to do it, for no reason really. and its not like i weigh a ton and have a long ways to go, I'm just not as thin as i would like. I think my problem is i have no focus, motivation, self-discipline, and i have no one to help me really. my oly partner is my dad, and after falling off the wagon (yet again) I got pumped randomly (like i always do) and so we made a whole big plan and were really excited, but we never did it! I've been eating reasonably healthy, but i think i've been slacking a bit lately. i feel like i'm stumbling around trying to find my way, I need stability and a rock solid plan and etc. i am just not very educated in this also. and always, whenever i restart, i wanna kick it into full overdrive because i never feel like i'm doing enough and i can never see results, and i think i get overwhelmed so i stop quickly or don't even start. like when i did wii fit, everytime i lost a pound or two, it'd be right back the next day. and its hard for me and my dad to find a time for us both to do someting together, and i'm really dependant on others, so i feel like i can't do it alone. i have tons of ideas sometimes, but i never act on them. i'm lazy and i procrastinate. and i'm really confused. i just need to get my butt in gear and do it. i need motivation. help and encouragement and ideas would be greatly appreciated please. i want to feel better about myself and its really hard.

Maybe you could try making small steps?  Instead of making one huge leap, set up an action plan for what steps you'll take.  Be very detailed.

When I weighed a lot and wanted to lose weight, I found it helpful to stick notes on the cupboard and fridge with what I wanted my target weight to be.  And even reminders like "EAT HEALTHY" XD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #484 on: March 21, 2010, 09:38:28 am »
Well you really shouldn't be able to notice any results within one day. A healthy weight loss is about a pound or two a week so that is nothing you can see in one day. Also weight fluctuates a lot during the day. When I first wake up I weigh about 133 but when I go to bed it is closer to 137 or 138. The very first thing you do is stop worrying about losing weight. Do not check the scale everyday. You should check it about once a month or if you must once a week.

When I finally stopped caring about what I weighed and just started eating better is when people around me started noticing results. You probably wont see them because you see your body everyday and the changes are very subtle daily. My parents who I see on the weekends where the ones that first pointed out that I lost weight. Then a friend who give me a back rub a lot pointed it out next.

Looking at this thread everyday has helped me. It is enough motivation to get up and workout for me. I just need to focus on eating better and I should be fine. Oh yes, weight on a scale isn't a good indicator of what your body actually looks like. What you should do is take measurements. You will be able to notice if you are losing fat and gaining muscle. I have actually gained weight but that is because I started doing weight training again. I know it isn't because I was unhealthy because for a while I was playing soccer for an hour everyday then going to the gym for an hour too. I was also eating extremely healthy. The actual number on the scale is very deceiving.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #485 on: March 21, 2010, 09:46:30 am »
There's a couple great ways to track weight loss, too.  Like, taking a picture every X amount of days.  After a couple months, you'll start to notice dramatic changes.

Of course, it can be hard to remember to do that, so . . .

A great alternative besides using a scale is to purchase a fat caliper.  It is used to measure body fat so any increase in muscle or whatever's in your stomach at the time won't affect your results. ^_^

Offline pixiepepistar

• Oni
« Reply #486 on: March 21, 2010, 02:00:19 pm »

thank you so much reppy and nikkiolie, you guys have great advice. I think this thread is going to help me alot and it's a great feeling to know that I can find peole like you who are going through the same thing that i am that i can talk to and who have wisdom from their experiences and encouragement to share with me  :D. i feel a whole lot better ;D

Maybe you could try making small steps?  Instead of making one huge leap, set up an action plan for what steps you'll take.  Be very detailed.

When I weighed a lot and wanted to lose weight, I found it helpful to stick notes on the cupboard and fridge with what I wanted my target weight to be.  And even reminders like "EAT HEALTHY" XD
There's a couple great ways to track weight loss, too.  Like, taking a picture every X amount of days.  After a couple months, you'll start to notice dramatic changes.

Of course, it can be hard to remember to do that, so . . .

A great alternative besides using a scale is to purchase a fat caliper.  It is used to measure body fat so any increase in muscle or whatever's in your stomach at the time won't affect your results. ^_^
Well you really shouldn't be able to notice any results within one day. A healthy weight loss is about a pound or two a week so that is nothing you can see in one day. Also weight fluctuates a lot during the day. When I first wake up I weigh about 133 but when I go to bed it is closer to 137 or 138. The very first thing you do is stop worrying about losing weight. Do not check the scale everyday. You should check it about once a month or if you must once a week.

When I finally stopped caring about what I weighed and just started eating better is when people around me started noticing results. You probably wont see them because you see your body everyday and the changes are very subtle daily. My parents who I see on the weekends where the ones that first pointed out that I lost weight. Then a friend who give me a back rub a lot pointed it out next.

Looking at this thread everyday has helped me. It is enough motivation to get up and workout for me. I just need to focus on eating better and I should be fine. Oh yes, weight on a scale isn't a good indicator of what your body actually looks like. What you should do is take measurements. You will be able to notice if you are losing fat and gaining muscle. I have actually gained weight but that is because I started doing weight training again. I know it isn't because I was unhealthy because for a while I was playing soccer for an hour everyday then going to the gym for an hour too. I was also eating extremely healthy. The actual number on the scale is very deceiving.
Cosplay for Kumoricon '11:
-FFXIII Lightning
-TWEWY Shiki
-

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #487 on: March 21, 2010, 02:26:36 pm »
Keep it up. In order to lose weight the calories that you eat each day have to be less than the calories you burn (either through exercise or your metabolism or both). If the calories are equal or you eat more than you burn you will not lose weight. If you are really determined to lose weight rather than just be healthy I would suggest starting a food journal where you keep track of all the calories you eat a day. It might not be a good idea to talk to a doctor and see how many calories your metabolism burns and how many you should be eating. That would give you a better idea how much you need to work out as well.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #488 on: March 21, 2010, 02:41:29 pm »
Gonna go on a hike with Kyle as a study break from finals~

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #489 on: March 21, 2010, 03:04:09 pm »
Hiking = awesome  8)

I go hiking around once a week, but my friends are sorta slow, and are convinced that climbing all over logs is hiking -_-
I end up walking alone a lot, lamers.
It is going to be...

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #490 on: March 21, 2010, 08:41:39 pm »
Hiking = awesome  8)

I go hiking around once a week, but my friends are sorta slow, and are convinced that climbing all over logs is hiking -_-
I end up walking alone a lot, lamers.

-raises hand- let me know when you go hiking. i love hiking. especially if its near a mountain path. I like hiking just no insane hiking please. no overnight hiking for me. but this might not work if you dont live in the portland area.... hm... i should see what kind of omsi camps i can sign up for.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #491 on: March 21, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »
Going to work seems to be a huge workout. I walked over 5 miles today at work x.x

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #492 on: March 21, 2010, 10:39:21 pm »
Holy carp (yes carp) Nikki!

I gotta loose some fat to be Megpoid Gumi!
It is going to be...

oslapedo

« Reply #493 on: March 22, 2010, 11:02:46 pm »
Rollerbladed more than two miles today. It feels so good. ~

I want to get some fabric tomorrow but I don't know if I can handle rollerblading four miles to Joanns and four back. I have been working on my stamina but it's only been a weekish since I started so... :O

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #494 on: March 23, 2010, 12:31:39 pm »
So I've had A LOT going on lately so I haven't been paying much attention to working out or anything since about early February. So after talking with my dad about my problem with drinking like 3 coke's a day we decided to stop buying it, and replace what soda we did drink with diet or low cal alternatives (I know diet soda isn't exactly the best for you, but I really need to work on my sugar intake so it's a step.)

So after non-chalantly doing this for a little over a month and trying to eat less (and I haven't eaten food at my workplace of Jack in the Box for over a month, I walk over to Subway instead) I decided to weigh myself as a joke on one of those scale things at the mall. In early January/late December I was fluxtuating around 149-150, as of a couple days ago I am official 135 pound.

I don't think I've been this thin since 7th grade.... 15 pounds lost, hopefully I can keep losing more until I finally have that figure I've always dreamed of. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #495 on: March 23, 2010, 12:39:39 pm »
Just keep up the good habits! Proper eating is key when you are trying to lose weight & get into shape. Congrats on your success so far Dubaby.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #496 on: March 23, 2010, 12:41:04 pm »
Congrats Dubaby! How do you feel? ^_^

oslapedo

« Reply #497 on: March 23, 2010, 03:54:25 pm »
Yay! Nice job, Dubaby!

I don't know how many miles I bladed today but I was out for four hours so it was a bit, ahaha~

I CAN FEEL MY ENDURANCE BUILDING.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #498 on: March 23, 2010, 08:50:57 pm »
Thanks for the support guys! =3

Congrats Dubaby! How do you feel? ^_^

I've noticed I have more energy, and that my general posture and confidence has improved. It's still kind of weird getting used to the change in how clothes fit, but if this keeps up it'll let me dip into some of the cosplays that I've always been too self-concious to try because of my build.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #499 on: March 30, 2010, 01:39:10 pm »
Come on ladies and gents I just gotta know! 

Wonderful people of Kumo! What are your favorite healthy treats and meals? Home-made or store bought? Strict diet or relaxed indulgences every now and then?
Secrety secrets!