Author Topic: TD Bro Chad: A cosplay group  (Read 94040 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: TD Bro Chad: A cosplay group
« Reply #600 on: May 15, 2010, 08:04:29 pm »
Got it posted. You guys should go post in it too :B
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #601 on: May 15, 2010, 08:08:55 pm »
Katie - the labcoat I have for Otacon is a waistcoat whereas Shinra's goes down to his knees (or longer?) so they're two different coats.

Nikki - For MGS Anthony is Johnny Akiba (MGS4), Rheanna is Meryl (MGS4), and I am Otacon (MGS2).

And a meetup sounds fun. =)
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #602 on: May 15, 2010, 08:21:28 pm »
Nikki- you know I'm in ;D

Ren- Bawww that sucks. Lab coats are fickle things.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #603 on: May 15, 2010, 10:49:16 pm »
Katie: Yep, my name's Anthony. You can call me trumby or Anthony, doesn't really matter to me. Most of my con friends (and like...everyone on kcon staff) call me trumby so I'm used to hearing both. As for DRRR...I'm sure I will end up doing it anyway since it'll be pretty inexpensive. I dunno when I'll be wearing it though, haha. Sometime when hopefully there aren't a ton of Izaya/Shizuo combos running around <.<

Nikki: Yeah that works. I think Aki-con will come down to whether any of my friends end up doing PDXLAN or not. Since I know Josh is already doing Akicon, Jeremy probably won't even be able to take the weekend off because of workingz, who knows. And dang..you're doing 5 costumes for AX and have none done? Fffff sounds like me. I have....nothing for Greedling right now.

Ren: If you are actually interested in doing Shinra, I have a labcoat from work I don't use anymore that you can use as a base pattern. The only difference I can see is his collar is longer than the one on the coat I have.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #604 on: May 15, 2010, 10:59:09 pm »
As far as I know, Anthony, there aren't too many people cosplaying from DRRR. At least, not as many people as there are yaoi fangirls. I saw an awesome Shizuo and a few Celtys at Sakuracon, but that was it.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #605 on: May 15, 2010, 11:41:06 pm »
Thanks Anthony. =) But I don't think I'll be doin' Shinra.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #606 on: May 16, 2010, 05:49:00 pm »
Katie- as long as we're talking AFTER this upcoming Kumoricon I'd totally be willing to try and throw together a Rio costume, I only had 2 costumes planned for Sakuracon anyways..

Speaking of Arakawa, I actually started watching that today. Looks pretty cool, not sure if I'd cosplay from it, but would totally love to see you guys do it :D

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #607 on: May 16, 2010, 06:56:51 pm »
DO IT SHANNON.
I'll be wearing Anri to kcon, but I don't expect anyone else to do DRRR there.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #608 on: May 16, 2010, 07:00:54 pm »
I will :) Her costume is easy enough and with the proper haircut I won't need a wig.

And out of curiosity, is anybody interested in doing any Umineko cosplay? I know we're all pretty much booked for this Kumoricon, but what about 2011?
just wondering since I'm definitely going to try and do Shannon that year

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #609 on: May 16, 2010, 07:02:51 pm »
I've seen a few episodes of Umineko, it's what I watch when I work out and DRRR hasn't updated.
I'd be up for cosplaying from it in 2011, although I have no clue what character to cosplay.

My dream would be Maria, but there's no way that's ever happening.
Dat crown... If only I had the body of a child.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #610 on: May 16, 2010, 07:16:03 pm »
I wanna do Beato real bad eventually, but after this year I'm stuck with one new costume per convention and I need to make Boogiepop for kcon *biggutzzzz*

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2010, 12:27:18 am »
Katie: Yeah, I know, not yet, luckily. I know there's going to be a bunch of people doing DRRR at AX so if I have Kyohei by then I'm going to try to avoid them if at all possible <.<

Ren: Haha I figured so. No prob!
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #612 on: May 20, 2010, 04:58:15 pm »
So I talked to Xyzleena again about being Ennis for Baccano! and she said absolutely not.... she's planning on doing Claire I guess which isn't too surprising, Leena tends to stick to her cross-plays. XD
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #613 on: May 25, 2010, 08:47:39 pm »
So, I'm slowly giving up on the panel thing. Do we still wanna try it? We should go for it if there's enough interest in the group.

Also who might be up for a cosplay group getaway this summer? I thought it may be cool to get a beach house for the night and chill on the coast. It could be a lot of fun :3

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #614 on: May 25, 2010, 08:58:00 pm »
I am all for a BROuting at the beach.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #615 on: May 25, 2010, 08:59:05 pm »
I'm still hoping for a panel! >:

Also yeah beach sounds good.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #616 on: May 25, 2010, 09:06:19 pm »
something like that over the summer would be awesome because that means I might actually be able to make it!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #617 on: May 25, 2010, 10:08:04 pm »
So, I'm slowly giving up on the panel thing. Do we still wanna try it? We should go for it if there's enough interest in the group.

Also who might be up for a cosplay group getaway this summer? I thought it may be cool to get a beach house for the night and chill on the coast. It could be a lot of fun :3
If we did do one, what would we talk about, and what would us Junior Cadets do?
There sure are a lot of us >>

And that sounds like it would be fun, but as I'm the youngest in the group, convincing my parents would be hard >.e
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #618 on: May 25, 2010, 11:47:42 pm »
Honestly, m'not to interested in the panel. However, if ya'll did put one on I'd totally fill a seat in the audience. =)

And the beach trip sounds great! Another group of friends of mine have been talking about it for years and we never got to do it before everyone went to the four winds!!!

Though before I get too excited... anyone who has done something like this know the rough cost?

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #619 on: May 26, 2010, 12:15:11 am »
I'm not really sure what we would actually do at our own panel to be honest. Did you have any ideas, Nikki?

Also the beach thing wouldn't be too bad an idea. We'd definitely need to pick a weekend fairly soon if I were to be able to go though. Have a lot of things I am already doing over the summer that I'm going to be gone for so I don't think I'm going to have very many free weekends with that plus work <.<

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #620 on: May 26, 2010, 01:38:13 am »
A night at a beach house would be anywhere from 200-300 with a maximum occupancy at 9. I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem of fitting 9 into the room so at most 33 bucks+ gas, food and fun? I wanted to see the interest in it, and we could figure things out from there.

As for panel, I'm not sure what we would do? The original idea was to just chill and tell stupid stories and have some silly bro games. Any other ideas?

EDIT there's also one that holds 12 people but price is at 600 with the cleaning fee. Yikes! Also I am only looking at seaside atm I don't know if it'd be different for newport or other beaches.

EDIT EDIT Also also, we'd have to figure it out soon, get oks from the parents for the younger folks because things are really booked actually D: Maybe we should do something easier this year and plan for the beach next year.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:46:15 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #621 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:05 am »
I thought we were doing the private island next year? ;D

I think that if I get my grades up by the end of the year, I'd have of a chance of going.

Oh! And what days of the week would we be going? I have my summer volunteer job on Sundays and Mondays. Obviously I can miss them if I do makeup shifts, but I'd rather not.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #622 on: May 26, 2010, 08:11:46 am »
Haha, yes island :>

Hmm, well it could be a weekday if you would like me all to plan it and you guys could go, that would open up more options go go. Unfortunately with school all week, Saturday and Sunday would only work for me.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #623 on: May 26, 2010, 08:50:33 am »
It depends on what week it is, whether or not I could go. I know I'm gone for 2 weeks in July, just tell me when and I'll see if I can make it.
I'm sure if my mother met you guys, she would trust you to keep me safe for a bit xP
It is going to be...

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #624 on: May 26, 2010, 10:37:40 am »
I used to live by Seaside, and know a few people who own property out by the beach.

If you want I could ask and see if I can find any deals for a beach cabin or something. I don't know if I'll find anything, but I can always try.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #625 on: May 26, 2010, 04:34:15 pm »
Haha, yes island :>

Hmm, well it could be a weekday if you would like me all to plan it and you guys could go, that would open up more options go go. Unfortunately with school all week, Saturday and Sunday would only work for me.
NO.
I'll miss a Sunday shift, I can just make it up on a day one of my friends is working.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #626 on: May 27, 2010, 01:31:19 am »
Yeah, I would be out if it were any time but the weekend as well. Work work work. The weekends I already could not do anything are: July 17/18, July 24/25, August 14/15. I think that's it for now.

Also I can see if my mom knows of anything in Florence, unless that's too far south. About an hour south of Newport for those that don't know.

And...panel stuff: Ehh, that's kind of how I was thinking too, Nikki. Like how the anime hunters is. Pretty much just random BSing and storytelling.

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #627 on: June 01, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »
~Mimigas or Turtleneck Seekers~

So, I bought this the other day and had planned to bleach and dye it for Jack. However, the place didn't have a dressing room and I don't like how it fits. =/ So if you have a mimiga that needs a turtle neck (don't they all?) and five bucks it's yours!

Length: 25.25"
Sleeve: 22" (or if you have a mimiga that is sleeveless ya can just get rid of those~)
Hips: 38"

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #628 on: June 09, 2010, 06:34:34 pm »
HEY CAVE STORY DUDES!

What day would you all like to do our gathering/photoshoot? I know me and Kyle will probably wear Quote and Curly all day so I was hoping for Day 1 or 2. Please let me know~

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #629 on: June 10, 2010, 09:49:33 pm »
Depending on Baccano! having it on Day 1 or 2 would be cool for me.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #630 on: June 10, 2010, 09:54:11 pm »
We talked on MSN, so I think day 2 would be good. Plus day 1 is KoF now, correct?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #631 on: June 10, 2010, 10:01:27 pm »
Day one is KoF, I don't know what we will do though, I just need everyone to kind of vote on a day at this point so we can start figuring things out. Day 2 would be good for Cave Story but that may cause some people to miss out on Baccano! if that ends up on Day 3 because of other shoots. We're not going to be able to please everyone so I'd just like a majority vote and we can see what we can do with that.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #632 on: June 10, 2010, 10:06:04 pm »
Pretty much any day would work for me, but if it's on day 2, the shoot would have to be before the afternoon, since I don't want to be getting in and out of DWC in the middle of the day.
Also I need to see about entering the cosplay contest, since Haley and I are doing DWC for that, and I think there's a rehearsal on Saturday?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #633 on: July 03, 2010, 01:46:14 pm »
So I'm having a large problem with Leona.
The costune itself is easy, black sports bra, black pants, army boots, black gloves, a belt with oversized bullets, and gold triangular earrings.
The problem I'm having is with the wig.
Reference
My idea was:
Base wig and ponytail
Oh! And any ideas on what to do to make it look like it's blowing in the wind, as opposed to just sitting flat?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:06:48 pm by soundninja12 »
It is going to be...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #634 on: July 07, 2010, 04:24:19 pm »
Leona's hair is really hard, I remember when I was trying to cosplay her I gave up because of the hair. And the ponytail is more spiky and huge then blowing in the wind http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/leona-kof98.jpg
So you're just going to want to get that volume and try to layer the hell out of it. http://tinypic.com/r/2w4czyt/3 Maybe try something like this so you don't have to spend a gagillion dollars on wefts and the such.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #635 on: July 07, 2010, 10:35:59 pm »
Hey Katie, the cosplay contest is always on the second day of the con (Sunday) and there is a rehearsal in the morning before the actual thing later that night. (it's usually around 11 and lasts for a few hours)

I would be fine if the Baccano! meet-up were on Monday, I was considering dropping Rio anyways... But if we do it Monday it just would have to be in the morning since I head back to my town at around 1:00, but if we we make it at 11:00 that would conflict with the Durarara gathering if anyone was planning on that..

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #636 on: July 07, 2010, 10:42:00 pm »
Hey Katie, the cosplay contest is always on the second day of the con (Sunday) and there is a rehearsal in the morning before the actual thing later that night. (it's usually around 11 and lasts for a few hours)

Oh ffffff isn't that when the Cave Story meet was going to be?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #637 on: July 07, 2010, 11:35:50 pm »
I didn't think days/times for Baccano or Cave Story had been decided yet. ???

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #638 on: July 08, 2010, 12:01:54 am »
Nothing has been decided, we're still trying to figure out what works best for everyone.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #639 on: July 08, 2010, 12:19:41 am »
Oh, okay.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #640 on: July 18, 2010, 10:44:11 am »
Everyone involved in Baccano! please go check the gathering thread. We are deciding on a day and a time for that.

And just an fyi whatever day that is decided, the other will be Cave Story, since we don't need all of us running around, getting in and out of costumes.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #641 on: August 01, 2010, 11:19:11 pm »
Anybody know if there are any group cosplays planned for Akicon? I've been kinda slacking in the cosplay department lately so I'm not doing any group cosplays for K'Con aside from Bacanno, so I thought I'd start planning ahead. XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #642 on: August 02, 2010, 12:40:11 pm »
Umm, Cave Story and Scott Pilgrim. Oh and Arakawa Under the Bridge. That's all that I know that multiple people from the group are doing though.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #643 on: August 02, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »
As I sorta... ran out of money I can't do Leona for Kumoricon, but I will do my best to bring her to Aki... I'm sorry I keep dying on TD cosplays, I just keep failing ;.;
It is going to be...

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #644 on: August 02, 2010, 01:34:50 pm »
Cool.... I think I might try and pull something together for Aki Scott Pilgrim related, but it would depend on what characters would be missing and such.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #645 on: August 02, 2010, 02:01:50 pm »
@Soundy- Don't worry! No one minds and we know how it goes :3

@Dubaby- I'm....actually not sure at all who we are missing and who we aren't. You could make whatever really. We already have doubles.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #646 on: August 02, 2010, 06:58:35 pm »
Dubaby- I'm still looking for DURARARA people, so if you've seen the series, go for it :3
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #647 on: August 02, 2010, 10:13:56 pm »
Wait, you're going to Akicon now Katie? I thought you weren't '3'

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #648 on: August 02, 2010, 10:17:15 pm »
@Fleur: I was considering doing Durarara for awhile, but after really looking at the characters I don't think there's anyone from that show that I could actually pull off well. =/

@Boogie: Good point... I'll probably start brainstorming possible characters/outfits then. =]

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #649 on: August 03, 2010, 10:46:06 am »
Oh lol Aki? I might, it depends on the MEW situation.

Btw, what's the situation with Cave Story? Right now it's at the very bottom of my list. Nikki, are you still willing to let me borrow your white wig?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter