Author Topic: Sparkly vamps  (Read 27824 times)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Sparkly vamps
« on: November 21, 2009, 05:47:36 pm »
apparently there is this new twilight out.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Re: Sparkly vamps
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:49:21 pm »
Yeah there is called "New Moon"
My cousin draged me to it last night...
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 06:22:04 pm »
Ehh..I was forced to go today..not the best movie ever....

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:25:44 pm »

So....when does the next season of true blood come on?...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:26:20 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:46:09 pm »
XD!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:24:02 pm »
Lololol. I was planning to go to the midnight premier dressed as Edward with sparkles practically dripping off my face, and my eyebrows as thick as I could get them. But I never got around to it. ~~;
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:40:20 pm »

I love you.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »

I WANT THAT SHIRT. <3

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 09:20:23 pm »
Vampires are gross.

Haven't they ever heard of the dangers of blood-born pathogens?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 09:27:51 pm »
Any movie's amazing if you go with the right people, IMO, this was a great movie, could have been my company though. :D
I miss 2010.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 09:31:08 pm »
I love you.

little o'le me?

who's thirsty?

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 09:55:51 pm »
I think it'd be pretty funny if someone decided to release another Blade movie same weekend as the next Twilight movie.
Team Koga

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 10:13:49 pm »
This is the best T-shirt image I've seen.

Even better than "Buffy Stakes Edward, THE END"

Vallie and I just got back from our Anything But Twilight Film Festival.

Best Date Night EVER!

As soon as I got out of work we went to Century Theater over at Cedar Hills Crossing.

First we saw Where the Wild Things Are. It was great, the wild things were just wild enough and the overall story was a little emo, a little scary, but very well scripted.

Next was Pirate Radio. We almost saw Men Who Stare At Goats but this was a good choice. The film is a little predictable but there are a lot of great moments and of course the music is AWESOME.

Finally, we saw The Fourth Kind. It was a really good movie and the really intense bits come out of nowhere. The end credits have audio of ufo reports. Also, the archive footage is not real.

So there's a nice bundle of money for the theaters that has nothing to do with sparklepires.
One of the best things about the date was that we got to openly laugh at all the straight adult men going to New Moon.  :D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 10:15:55 pm »
Any movie's amazing if you go with the right people, IMO, this was a great movie, could have been my company though. :D
^ Agreed!
But then again, I was part of the company that went with you...>>
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 10:36:20 pm »
^ Agreed!

And it was fuuuunnn.
I miss 2010.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 12:45:38 am »
Now for those who watched the South Park reference...goths are not sparkly vamp people. I checked fye up at Lloyd Center randomly and the New Moon stuff was invading the anime stuff. All that were left was plushie Naruto and two of his clones plus a flat Shikamaru. Commanding the invasion was the Barbie collectors edition Edward. Next time I see it I might have to snag a pic.

If there hasn't been a meetup organized to see NM already, then I may give in and trail along with a cosplay crew if someone wanted to set one up.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:47:02 am by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 01:00:07 am »
Here's my background with this fandom:
Creation Station 2008, a staffer got many guffaws, & many annoyed groans, by turning in "sparkly vampires" as a prompt at Scenes from a Hat. At that point, I'd never been exposed to the Twilight Series, & I had no idea that was the reference.

When we started soliciting fanfics for this year's CS contest for KC, I figured I'd better acquaint myself with the canon, in case there were entries related to it.

My partner was skeptical, but found it online while I was at work, watched the whole thing, liked it enough that he insisted I watch it that night -- that's right, he sat through the whole movie twice on the same day. And normally it's hard for me to get him to do anything even remotely fandom-related.

I was surprised how much I liked the initial Twilight. But that was before I read the books. I started book 1 & was surprised how quick a read it was...& how I did want to actually finish it, even though I knew how it would end. Then I got to the CS & some staff had half-jokingly made a sign that declared the CS a "Twilight-Free Zone". During Scenes from a Hat someone turned in art of Spike from Buffy killing Bella, saying, something like, "Don't know what that bloke Edward's going on about, her blood tastes like crap" something along those lines...

I've read the 2nd & 3rd books & saw film 2 yesterday (wea ring a wolf silk-screen t-shirt). I could do without any of the Cullens except I really adore Alice. I love Jacob but could do without the rest of the pack. Graham Greene is talented. Dakota Fanning was a surprise. I *love* Michael Sheen (Frost/nixon was awesome). Ironic switch from Underworld, eh? The rest of the Volturi I could do without. Basically make me a fan film with just Jacob, Alice, Jane, Aro, & hey I can handle Bella & Charlie if needed as an excuse for that, & I'd be happy & not at all mind the absence of everyone else. Well I kinda liked Laurent. Oh & the sparling is the only worthwhile CG.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 01:18:32 am »
Our little group kindof agreed on mutual love of Emmett, Alice, Jasper, Carlise, and Jacob. I absolutely adore Jane as well. 8D
I miss 2010.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 10:26:33 am »
Jacob's the sexiest one there. <3 What with that tan not-too-muscly-but-still-sexy-muscly bod and that adorable wolf face~! Who couldn't love him?  :P Oh wait, I guess the people who love that disgusting pasty gray, glitter glue shining, hairy body of that fugly vampire Edward might not like Jacob, atleast, not in public.  ;)  But I have to say, just so you know, I love Edward in the books, I just don't think Robert Pattinson is that....attractive. AT ALL. So yeah, that's just my opinion.

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 11:47:10 am »
I'm not much of a fan, although I did see New Moon. Jacob is an awful human being! How can so many people love him!? Has Edward done anything particularly evil to make him deserving of death, whether you believe he belongs with Bela or not? Because he was practically killed by Jacob just because of his jealousy.

I don't much like Edward either, but Jacob is a particularly awful person.
If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken and so die.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 12:50:53 pm »
I think Jacob's actually really nice for not totally stealing Bella from Edward. He protected her when Edward abandoned her(whether it be for her safety or not, she didn't understand so she just felt abandoned) and tried to make her happy again and then when Edward came back she just abandoned him! THAT's awful. Just because Jacob continues to try and make her love him doesn't make him an awful person; his belief that she would be safer and have a better life with him is firm, and there is nothing wrong with that. I just don't see how you think he's an awful person.  :-\

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 02:25:10 pm »
What Bela did isn't awful. Its pretty much what every girl, or even every person does for that matter. Went for the guy for whom she actually has feelings for. Jacob is awful because when Edward called Bela's house and Jacob answered he told Edward that Bela's father was planning a funeral. It wasn't his place to answer HER phone in the first place, let alone tell such a ridiculous lie that nearly lead to Edward committing suicide! If he really LOVED Bela, and I mean real love, he would care more for her happiness than his own, and since her happiness is so strongly contingent upon Edward reciprocating her love he should be doing all in his power to bring her dreams of being back together with Edward to fruition. He doesn't love her, he loves himself.
If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken and so die.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 02:48:04 pm »
Okay, so let's get this straight: Bella thinks that Edward has left her for good, otherwise she wouldn't be pulling all of those stunts just to see his face. So then she gets all close up with Jacob, and almost kisses him! She even says she loves him. And then Jacob answers the phone, but she doesn't stop him. Although I do have to say telling Edward that Charlie was planning a funeral was a pretty ass move, he did say that Edward didn't ask for her. And he loves himself? Really? Where'd you come up with that? Because he loves her so much that he wants to have her for himself instead of tearing apart his own heart by helping her get back together with his mortal enemy who is a great danger to Bella? I don't think that's loving himself, I think that's deeply loving HER.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 03:33:21 pm »
AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

TOO ON TOPIC!!!!!

;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 03:38:34 pm »
Blegh, I'm not even a huge fan of Twilight, I just like the sexy werewolves and the fact that it's about vampires. ~shrugs~

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 03:41:05 pm »
I think Jacob is disgusting.

But that's because I've read the last book.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 03:58:37 pm »
Jacob is coolio, so is Jasper, heee. And Emmett!  :D

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 07:25:16 pm »
I just saw this movie. I thought it was good when Edward wasn't on screen. Whenever he was, I just kind of slumped down in my seat, feeling embarrassed for the guy. He looked like he had to poop throughout the entire thing!

I prefer Jacob over Edward.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 08:18:53 pm »
He looked like he had to poop throughout the entire thing!
When does he not Sayda?

I haven't seen it yet, Mike and I are supposed to go see it and poke fun at it. but I dunno when he wants to go.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 08:25:11 pm »
Haha, speaking of vampires, this guy in my theatre class was like:
"Seriously... What would Dracula be like if vampires really sparkled? He'd be all 'Oooo, I vant to steal yer nail polish~'" I lol'd. :3

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 08:38:53 pm »
^ Agreed!

I spent it with a few people... we spent it making fun of it, no matter how much I liked the books, the movies ate the books, although the books sort of ruined themselves x.x
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
~!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 08:52:47 pm »
I hated Jacob in the book, but the movie made me like him a lot~! And not just because he was hot, that was an add on. :D

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 08:59:16 pm »
I loved him so much more in the books :P

Still Hate Edward though...
It is going to be...

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
Sparkly Faggots :D
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 09:44:25 pm »
I hated Jacob in the book, but the movie made me like him a lot~! And not just because he was hot, that was an add on. :D
xDDD So true!

I kind of agree. But not so much disgusting as annoying and disappointing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:45:17 pm by Vampire-Kameko »

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: Sparkly Faggots :D
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2009, 10:01:48 pm »
xDDD So true!

Annoying and disappointing indeed. D:
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 10:03:32 pm »
xDDD So true!

And even though I know he's not actually a pedophile, I still call him one.  :D  But he's still SUPER SEXY FINE. <3
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:04:06 pm by Vampire-Kameko »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 11:13:47 pm »

I thought he was whiney, selfish, and didn't care for Bella at all in the books, just was all 'HAY BBY'

And Jacob may be weird, but uh, excuse me, 108 or whatever year old with a teenager? A little worse.  :D

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 03:01:07 am »
Okay, so let's get this straight: Bella thinks that Edward has left her for good, otherwise she wouldn't be pulling all of those stunts just to see his face. So then she gets all close up with Jacob, and almost kisses him! She even says she loves him. And then Jacob answers the phone, but she doesn't stop him. Although I do have to say telling Edward that Charlie was planning a funeral was a pretty ass move, he did say that Edward didn't ask for her. And he loves himself? Really? Where'd you come up with that? Because he loves her so much that he wants to have her for himself instead of tearing apart his own heart by helping her get back together with his mortal enemy who is a great danger to Bella? I don't think that's loving himself, I think that's deeply loving HER.

He doesn't want Bela to be happy. He want to be the REASON Bela is happy. Those are two different things. He doesn't care about her feelings. She knows that being with Edward puts her in danger, but love is supposed to trump all other emotions, even desire for ones well being. She would clearly be happier being in danger with Edward then safe without him. Since Jacob doesn't see this and, like I said, wants to be the reason she is happy instead of just wanting her happiness and as such the actions he takes are more to stroke his own ego and false sense of being a hero in hopes that Bela too will see him as a hero, which she won't because he isn't.

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 03:03:49 am »
Really, they all suck, and both movies are cheesy as hell and give me goosebumps watching just seeing how horrible they are, ha ha. Vampires sparkling! What a disappointment! That's like making a movie about mermaids and having them be humans from the waist down. Still technically mermaids, but not at all what one thinks or hopes for when going to see such a movie.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 06:44:16 am »

He doesn't want Bela to be happy. He want to be the REASON Bela is happy. Those are two different things. He doesn't care about her feelings. She knows that being with Edward puts her in danger, but love is supposed to trump all other emotions, even desire for ones well being. She would clearly be happier being in danger with Edward then safe without him. Since Jacob doesn't see this and, like I said, wants to be the reason she is happy instead of just wanting her happiness and as such the actions he takes are more to stroke his own ego and false sense of being a hero in hopes that Bela too will see him as a hero, which she won't because he isn't.

You seem to know so much about his feelings that it doesn't seem to state in the books!  :o  Are you Jacob?

I thought he was whiney, selfish, and didn't care for Bella at all in the books, just was all 'HAY BBY'

And Jacob may be weird, but uh, excuse me, 108 or whatever year old with a teenager? A little worse.  :D

I guess you're right! Lol.  :D

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2009, 02:29:57 pm »

XD at the 2nd comment.

And Edward's like an abusive husband.
1. They try to isolate you from your friends
2. They make themselves seem like the best thing ever
3. They come from abusive pasts ("My Daddy BIT me!" XD)
(Can't remember anymore... I'll get my sheet from Health Class and edit this post later)
It is going to be...

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2009, 02:38:36 pm »

XD at the 2nd comment.

(Can't remember anymore... I'll get my sheet from Health Class and edit this post later)
I remember those from health class! xD

And I think that's why I dubbed Jennifer the Bella of our group.
Other then the fact she's like...REALLY clumsy...
She had an abusive relationship, like the one stated above! >O
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2009, 02:44:15 pm »

XD at the 2nd comment.

I remember those from health class! xD

And I think that's why I dubbed Jennifer the Bella of our group.
Other then the fact she's like...REALLY clumsy...
She had an abusive relationship, like the one stated above! >O

-plots kicking the jerks butt in to next tuesday-
It is going to be...

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 04:17:19 pm »

110 I think

My favorite guy will always be Jasper. :D
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 05:14:37 pm »
Seth is rather awesome himself XD
AND Mr. Clearwater!
His kungfoo is strong!
It is going to be...

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 05:17:48 pm »
xDDD So true!

And even though I know he's not actually a pedophile, I still call him one.  :D  But he's still SUPER SEXY FINE. <3
Child groomer, then.

It's still disgusting. >.<
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:26 pm »
AND Mr. Clearwater!
His kungfoo is strong!
We totally thought he was Billy, somehow out of the wheelchair. XD

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2009, 06:16:27 pm »

I want it! It shall go next to my "I killed edward" tee-shirt.
To put it short, I think the whole series puts out a bad message.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 06:38:29 pm »
AND Mr. Clearwater!
His kungfoo is strong!

xDDD Ya know what's funny? Is I asked my sister that in the middle of the movie! I was like, "How'd he get out of the wheelchair?!" And she was like, "It's Harry!" And I looked at her. ...o.o... "WHUT?"

It actually made me laugh at the time. xD

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 07:25:49 pm »
AND Mr. Clearwater!
His kungfoo is strong!

xDDD Ya know what's funny? Is I asked my sister that in the middle of the movie! I was like, "How'd he get out of the wheelchair?!" And she was like, "It's Harry!" And I looked at her. ...o.o... "WHUT?"

It actually made me laugh at the time. xD

lol
You guys~

I didn't remember his first name, so I just improvised ^^ (He is Harry Clearwater though, right?)

And:
To put it short, I think the whole series puts out a bad message.

So true.
The men are protecting her to no end, and will not give her the power to protect herself.
Then when one of the men leaves, she feels vulnerable, and like she can't take care of herself >.o

SEXIST
It is going to be...