Author Topic: Location Location Location  (Read 2917 times)

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
Location Location Location
« on: December 20, 2009, 08:59:01 pm »
So, my group that I go to con with every year is trying to organize an event that we all do along with as many people from con as we can get to join us. It's a game which mixes Marco Polo, Tag, Hide & Seek, Capture the Flag, and any other game we can think of into one big bubble of fun. We'd probably do it between 2 weeks and a month before con, and we would want to try and get a game going during con as well, but right now, we're having issues figuring out where to do it at.

We need an area that you can Cosplay with no issue, run around, hide, and glomp only players, and not get into trouble because of it. A place similar to a mall would be ideal, but we've heard that some of the malls have issues with Cosplayers. So, does anyone have any ideas of any places we can check out to do this at???
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline Shingami_lover

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Facebook
Re: Location Location Location
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:48:45 pm »
If you want to run around DO NOT and i repeat do not go to the mall! GO to a park! Cooks Park is a good place, Summer Lake Park, even the Waterfront and there are many other parks in the area!
~2016~
Sasuke Uchiha, Kanda Yuu
Touka, Michiru,
and Haha

~Panels~
Anime Court 16, 14, 13 - Chess Master 2014

DicePanda Cosplay, Cosplayers of Oregon, Brothers United Productions

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 11:20:58 pm »
Yeah, even an outdoor mall has security, and you don't want to be an annoyance to the people there by running around and glomping in a crowded place. A park, or just a neighborhood would do fine. With parks, it might be hard to find one with a lot of hiding places though, so maybe an apartment complex with a lot of separate buildings (Or w/e they call them; condos? The two-three floor things.) would be good.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 04:23:43 pm »
Yeah, even an outdoor mall has security, and you don't want to be an annoyance to the people there by running around and glomping in a crowded place. A park, or just a neighborhood would do fine. With parks, it might be hard to find one with a lot of hiding places though, so maybe an apartment complex with a lot of separate buildings (Or w/e they call them; condos? The two-three floor things.) would be good.
Nope, security there too.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 05:28:23 pm »
Really it depends on where you are then. At the ones I lived in, and ones where my friends were, there wasn't any security. Unless you count someone calling the cops on you as that O-o
You could also then say there's security at parks, which there is in some cases.

But both are a much better choice than a mall. And no one's likely to kick you out unless you're in a rich neighborhood, making way too much noise for hours.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 05:31:32 pm by Hazuza »

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 08:06:39 pm »
Yeah, we were also thinking about parks, but a big part of the game we are planning requires hiding places and the ability to sneak up on others.  I was also thinking of places that are really wooded, with a bunch of different trails, but most of the places I know are farther away and harder to get to if you don't have the ability to drive. Personally, I'm dependant on TriMet, which I love dearly, but it sometimes does limit where I can go.

I know Imagination Station out in Gresham/Troutdale has a wooded area connected, but I haven't been there since I was in middle school, so I don't know if it's really as big as I always thought. Same goes with a park out in Sandy with the same name that we used to call Castle Park.

I think I'll plan another day to wander around to all the parks I can and check those out, since it seems like that would be the best bet.

Thanks for the ideas so far. If anyone has any more, I REALLY would LOVE you FOREVER AND EVER... o.O .... O.o ... I'm not a stalker...
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying: