Author Topic: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3  (Read 134306 times)

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
Re: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2010, 12:06:09 pm »
ARE WE COSPLAYING? :C
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2010, 01:21:10 pm »
It was me who won Best in Show, but I have next to no pictures. I'm waiting to get the results of a couple photoshoots back.

Can't wait for Saturday, guys! I'll see about bringing a tub of watermelon to the brunch since I won't have time to make potato salad. Too bad, too, since it's really good D:

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2010, 03:26:11 pm »
*bumps for Saturday* <3

@Lt: Wow, congrats on winning! O:
Watermelon would be amazing~ A perfect summer treat.

@Ageha: Only if you want to. It's optional.
I actually may not cosplay cuz I want to take a little break from having an itchy and overheated head. :3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2010, 03:28:16 pm »
I am so blown away. Is it true you made your own grommets??

My nickname in kindergarten was "Ellen, Ellen, watermelon", because it is my favorite food.

Not like that's a hint or anything... ;)

Realistically, folks, shouldn't we have a backup location indoors somewhere, in case of rain?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:40 pm »
Made my own- eh? You know what? Yes. Yes, I made all those grommets. I also dyed my fabric with the blood of a billion galaxies.

No, I ordered a couple gross of grommets off the internet and put them in by hand with a hammer and a grommet setter.

I'll bring watermelon then! And the forecast calls for 73F and sun, though I suppose if we must have a contingency plan we can always run for cover or put everything under trees or something.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2010, 06:28:05 pm »
It would be nice if there was a shelter close by... I wouldn't know though. :/

Oh btw, I spotted the dino statue for the first time while I was driving by the park at one point. It looks so neat! ^.^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #456 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:38 pm »
Hrm. Well, I will decide my cosplay in the moment based on the weather, I s'pose. But I'll definitely wear...something or other vaguely nifty. :)

Erm...so...like... noon Saturday...somewhere in Amazon Park...where? By where Shakespeare is? Or?
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Bokensai

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #457 on: September 08, 2010, 06:50:21 pm »
Normies? In Eugene? That's funny. I went with my friend Misse to the Walmart on West 11th wearing our Zexion and Marluxia wigs. We didn't get any funny looks. Not one. Some old lady even commented on the color of our hair being pretty. Then some guy from the electronics department asked who we were cosplaying. Eugene is full of hippies and other strange people. I admit we're not up there with Portland on the wierd level, but we've got our share.

From what I've heard, all the normies are in Canada, not a single strange person. My goal of scaring normies is to go to Canada with a bunch of chick friends all dressed up in lolita and just walk around enjoying ourselves.
Haha. That guy in Electronics was me =P
No matter how much I improve I'll always consider myself just a cosplayer in training.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:12 pm »
I don't know where they hold Shakespeare. I haven't been to Amazon in literally years, all I remember is the play area, the community center, the skate pit and the dinosaur. Maybe we should meet in the community center parking lot and decide where to set up from there?

I'm biking to the park, so seriously anywhere is fine as long as I can remember where I park the dang thing.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2010, 07:14:37 pm »
Works for me.
Wow, that is so funny; I refer you (Bokensai) over to the thread and boom, someone has already been talking about you without knowing it. What's even funnier, I had already noticed your post about someone randomly smooching your Zach at con. Well, who wouldn't love a guy with such a huge Buster Sword ;).
Most of my favorite game-based fanfics have been from various Final Fantasies, but the characters most endeared to me from them are from VII. My favorite this year was a Yuffie-Vincent rom-com 1-shot.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2010, 07:31:05 pm »
I'll be busing to Amazon Station and plan on arriving about half-an-hour before noon; so I'll be walking from there and waiting for all of you.

As for a specific meetup spot, it needs to be somewhere noticable so that everyone won't get lost... Maybe at the dino statue located right next to the pool? Kinda like in Japan with Hachiko. <3
Or it could be at the Community Center parking lot. That could work too. :3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #461 on: September 08, 2010, 07:33:59 pm »
Randomly, if I haven't found y'all someone please text me, 541 606-0318.
If Radien is for sure coming, he will recognize me.

Are any of you free Friday night to join me at Terry's for Anime Friday? I am so excited; he has the AMVs from the Contest! I never get to see them (always swamped working at Creation Station), so, woot!

If any of you can join me I will cosplay if you will :) 7pm.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #462 on: September 10, 2010, 03:17:23 pm »
So, WHO IS ALL PUMPED ABOUT TOMORROW~? IS EVERYONE READY?? 8D

I will be making my first frittata tonite; so it'll be all fresh and yummy for tomorrow. <3
And my mom just told me she could give me a ride to the park instead of taking the bus which I'm very grateful of. Yayy. ^_^

Offline Bokensai

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #463 on: September 10, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »
Where are we meeting again? (Is too lazy to scroll through all the posts >_>)
No matter how much I improve I'll always consider myself just a cosplayer in training.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #464 on: September 10, 2010, 03:45:35 pm »
At Amazon City Park in the parking lot of the Community Center. At noon sharp. :3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #465 on: September 10, 2010, 04:12:06 pm »
I'll be there. Waiting to see how the weather is before deciding what I'm cosplaying, however.

Anyone up for joining me at Terry's Anime Friday tonight?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:12:26 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Bokensai

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #466 on: September 10, 2010, 04:13:05 pm »
Sounds good. Does anyone know who they're cosplaying as if they're cosplaying?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #467 on: September 10, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »
Hey, uh... Who's bringing utensils? 'Cause I can't fit utensils on my bike if I'm already bringing watermelon.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #468 on: September 10, 2010, 05:27:52 pm »
You guys should tell me when the next one is when i'm not broke after con. Also rem ii want to get you a belated present, you should think of something...

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #469 on: September 10, 2010, 07:58:21 pm »
@Lt: Ah, I'll bring the untensils then! :3

Oh btw... is anyone bringing beverages? o_o

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #470 on: September 11, 2010, 01:55:48 am »
Okay guys, the chili strata is prepared, chilling in the fridge, ready to go in the oven tomorrow morning. Deliciousness is imminent.

I noticed that people are bringing utensils, but I don't know whether that includes plates. So I will bring a plate. But if somebody is bringing plates, please go ahead and correct me.

And I don't know about you, but I'm cosplaying.  I'll get dressed while the strata is baking.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #471 on: September 11, 2010, 02:22:04 am »
Ooohh~ My taste buds are anticipating the yummy goodness later today. *T*

Speaking of yummy, I'm not going to make my frittata until later in the morning cuz I want it to be fresh and warm by the time we begin our feasting. x3

And as for cosplay... I'll probably end up going as a random neko/school girl/something cute. =w=

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #472 on: September 11, 2010, 10:10:47 am »
In response to the above, I don't think anyone thus far was bringing beverages. I can do that. Preferences?

I kinda forgot that between Rosh Hashonah and 9/11 I am going to some religious services today, might not have time to change in between, therefore might just wear something cute Lolita ish (a hand-made dress by a former con chair!) since that could "pass" as something I could wear in synagogue/later in multidenominational service in church.

Too bad y'all didn't make it to Wuntvor's last night, we watched the AMV contest nominees. A couple of them literally had me LOL'g, and one actually had me dancing!

So ....if I don't hear from anyone as to beverage preferences/what you can't have, I will improvise.

should I assume this means I should also bring cups, unless I get  things in individual cans?

Do we have a sense of approximate total attendance?

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #473 on: September 11, 2010, 11:12:04 am »
@Rem: Any beverage would be amazing! And cups too if needed! Thank you very much!!
As for the number of attendees, I counted eight on here (including me) and a couple more on the FB group; so I'm guessing about 10 people will be coming.

oslapedo

« Reply #474 on: September 11, 2010, 11:19:18 am »
We're having car troubles so we'll either be late or not come at all, it's a shame because we got a dozen lovely donuts for everyone.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2010, 12:49:54 pm »
Dang! Thanks for letting us know. I hope you guys can make it!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2010, 02:44:12 pm »
Thank you to everyone for a truly lovely & fun afternoon! Hope to see you again soon!

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »
I hope you guys had a great time.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2010, 03:39:11 pm »
We did! The food was delicious, the weather was lovely, everyone got along & was dressed cute. Pics should be posted soon, right, folks? A kid wearing a long bright blue wig came from another event to join us for awhile. We got to know each other a little better, and Radien surprised us by bringing his famous panel game, "Apples to Apples: Con Edition". LtCmdrRitchie ruled, but we all each won a couple rounds, & it was my first time playing & I loved it! And randomly learned a few new anime titles to look up from it!

Let's do this again soon before it gets too cold & rainy, k?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #479 on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:39 pm »
;-; stupid car....
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #480 on: September 12, 2010, 06:33:19 pm »
@Rem: Yes, we should definitely do this again soon before the cold Fall weather comes along... which is right around the corner, eep.
I was so happy and relieved that the weather was perfect that day (minus the slightly chilly breeze). We were a nice little group. :3

@Ageha: I knoooooow! I'm so sorry you guys couldn't make it! ...Next meet? ;_;

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #481 on: September 12, 2010, 08:29:55 pm »
Rem:

Apples to Apples was a last-minute thought that seemed appropriate, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I'd be happy to surprise you with it again.  Er... Although, it's hard to surprise you if I tell you that I'm doing it. Oh well. :P Let me know if you'd like to play again.

Heck, I'd be happy to have people over to my house for games. It doesn't need to be just Apples to Apples. Would anybody be interested in that?...

oslapedo/ishpumalibu:

If you have trouble getting to a gathering again, I could come pick you up, provided the timing is reasonable.  I'm not sure whether you would have been able to accept, but I would've come and picked you up this time. Sorry it didn't work out.  Also sorry we missed the donuts, but that would've just been a bonus. ;)

Fuyuko:

I am enjoying these gatherings and I'd be happy to do it as often as possible.  Not only is it nice to see everybody, it's great to enjoy the remaining good weather AND make use of our costumes in the off-season, not to mention seeing people more than once (or twice) a year!

So to reiterate: would anyone like to come play games at my house sometime?  I'm pretty free until school starts at the end of the month, and even after that I'll of course be free on the weekends.

I have board games, card games, and video games (Wii, Gamecube, PS2, etc.). We can make it a costume gathering if people like, even work on sewing/props if people are ready to get back into that for next con.  And by having the option of playing games inside or outside, you won't have to worry about subjecting your costumes to the weather.

Sound fun?...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:30:40 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #482 on: September 12, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »
@ Fuyuko, yay!
@ Radien, sure!
I also have a standing invite from Tammy (and would love to meet the other Kumoricon-legacy cat named after Kaylee from Firefly/ Serenity!).
However, I tend to shy away from game nights just because I tend to be the least-experienced player there & don't want folks to feel bogged down having to explain the rules to me.
So....fair warning, if I go :)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #483 on: September 12, 2010, 10:16:32 pm »
Yes, it was a nice little gathering, though I really wish we'd had two or three more people. Obviously, car troubles were to blame. Oh well.

I also have a standing invite from Tammy (and would love to meet the other Kumoricon-legacy cat named after Kaylee from Firefly/ Serenity!).
However, I tend to shy away from game nights just because I tend to be the least-experienced player there & don't want folks to feel bogged down having to explain the rules to me.
So....fair warning, if I go :)

Tammy and Peter's Kaylee kitten is really cute, though she has been jealous since the baby was born.

Don't worry about the rules. I think game choice should be adjusted to fit the experience level of the crowd playing. If nothing else we always have Apples to Apples, which is about as casual as it gets. :) We have played it at Peter and Tammy's on multiple occasions.

I also have Settlers of Catan (and expansions), several versions of Munchkin, Clue, the Clue card game, and Clue: Master Detective.  (Yeah, I like Clue. Any surprise I'm planning on a Clue cosplay?) And those are just my current favorites; I have a wide variety of other games.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:20:52 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #484 on: September 12, 2010, 10:20:09 pm »
I loved Clue, the really really old school version, have no idea what the modern game is like. Do you want to drop hints & see if we can guess how (& where & with what) you'll cosplay it? ;) J/K

oslapedo

« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2010, 10:29:55 pm »
We will definitely make the next one, it sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #486 on: September 13, 2010, 04:36:01 am »
I loved Clue, the really really old school version, have no idea what the modern game is like. Do you want to drop hints & see if we can guess how (& where & with what) you'll cosplay it? ;) J/K

The game is almost totally unchanged except it has been "reskinned" several times over the years. But in any case I want the cosplay group to incorporate all official and fan interpretations, so it doesn't matter which you like best! :)

As for my who/what/where, I've already said in other threads who I would like to cosplay, but as for "what" (the props) and "where" (which event), it's a bit earlier to say, though I have a few ideas. :) In case no one else reveals it, here's a hint for "who:" my character is well-educated.

oslapedo:

Great; hope to see you there.

Er, wait... the "next time" may be games/cosplay at my place if people are interested. Did you want to come to that?

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #487 on: September 13, 2010, 07:50:18 am »
& remember that almost every Friday night we can watch anime at Wuntvor's. His collection is prodigious & ever-growing! 

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #488 on: September 13, 2010, 02:10:23 pm »
So is anyone interested in going to the Mt Angel Oktoberfest?  I might go for a day trip on Thursday or Friday, but I don't want to go alone.  I can fit 5 people in my car, including myself.  Let me know if you are interested in going.  If I don't get anyone else then I think I'll skip out on this year.   :-\
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

oslapedo

« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2010, 05:57:42 pm »
When is games/cosplay at your place, this weekend?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #490 on: September 13, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »
I am finally moving down this weekend, so I'll be free for meetups 'n' stuff starting around September 20th. Barring what will probably be a horrendous amount of schoolwork, of course. ._.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Bokensai

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #491 on: September 13, 2010, 06:37:43 pm »
I'm sorry I couldn't make it down to the picnic T_T
Something came up with a friend and I couldn't get down there =\

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #492 on: September 13, 2010, 06:40:19 pm »
@ Bokenasai: Be sure to catch us next time!
@ Malaria: Good luck moving. Curious what prompted your name choice; I work for a doctor who routinely prescribes anti-malarial medication.
@ Oslapedo: I don't think Radien mentioned a date?
@ Wuntvor: I'm super booked this weekend, but have fun if you make it there, & have a really happy birthday!

Anyone going to any of  these things?
--Man Overboard pirate / Celtic band concert in Eugene
--Portland Pirate Fest
--Fall Coronet SCA event in Corvallis
--Orycon meeting in Portland
--MEW meeting in Vancouver, WA
?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #493 on: September 13, 2010, 06:47:44 pm »
Thanks!
It's a childhood nickname, actually. My real name is Valeria, which sounds just like malaria. It sort of stuck to me, and I ended up adopting it as my online nickname out of convenience.

I made it to the Pirate Fest the last two years, but this year it's just bad timing. ><
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #494 on: September 13, 2010, 06:49:01 pm »
Thanks!
It's a childhood nickname, actually. My real name is Valeria, which sounds just like malaria. It sort of stuck to me, and I ended up adopting it as my online nickname out of convenience.

I made it to the Pirate Fest the last two years, but this year it's just bad timing. ><

Ooh! Than you probably saw my buddies' band! Man Overboard!!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #495 on: September 13, 2010, 06:53:58 pm »
I don't remember for sure, but it's really likely.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #496 on: September 13, 2010, 07:01:47 pm »
@Rem: I'll be going to the Pirate Festival with a friend! We'll be dressed as failpirates! France and England. xD It will be my first time going. I can't wait!!

And to everyone who couldn't make it to the last meet, let's talk about organizing another one soon! I'd love to meet with all of you sometime when everyone is able to get together. :'D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #497 on: September 13, 2010, 07:12:15 pm »
That should be epic!
What are failpirates?
Radien knew my old crew (actually I met Radien through people in my old crew) when we were the Ergh Pirates.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:12:40 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #498 on: September 13, 2010, 07:15:08 pm »
Failpirates = fail attempt at looking like pirates. xD;
But all that matters is having fun; so we won't worry too much about that. ^_^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #499 on: September 13, 2010, 07:15:42 pm »
XD