Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 396498 times)

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #2400 on: November 11, 2010, 07:02:44 pm »
Yeahhhhh I don't know about badges, but I'm not getting one unless it's absolutely 10000000% necessary. I just want to hang out with people. And also I don't really want to mention this because it's so up in the air at this point that it's really only a sort-of maybe possibility but my friends Arrison and Charlie (Classy Viking and DancingTofu) kind of invited themselves to stay at my place since Mew's gonna be when my mom and her boyfriend are spending five weeks in Europe so I'll have the place to myself, and Koga was also invited to crash at my place sooooooo basically I have no idea what I'm doing for Mew yet as far as rooming goes. :|

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #2401 on: November 11, 2010, 07:46:07 pm »
1) Not buying a badge. :|
2) If I do go, I'll probably be staying with the parents, but I'll jack the car and drive out to the airport.
3) I'm willing to carpool people from downtown to con if need be, just chip in for gas and it's all good.
4) I'm all for Mafitalia. Let's do it. If we can't find a good setting around con/in the hotel, we can go somewhere else in Portland.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2402 on: November 11, 2010, 07:46:56 pm »
I'll be alone in my new dorm room, that's larger than my current one. I can house people.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2403 on: November 11, 2010, 08:28:54 pm »
@Yagi: Yay~ Expect a visit on Saturday then. ' w ' And of course you guys can borrow the wig for Mewcon. If I get my crap together by then hopefully I can join you guys for some con funtimes. : D
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2404 on: November 11, 2010, 08:37:12 pm »
\o/ If you can't make it, I'll stop by to see you. I'm gonna try to put together prezzies for everyone (spoiler: it might be some sort of health food), so everyone who doesn't go to con whatever day I do can expect a visit.

But you should come to con so I don't have to pay for gas. >>
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:37:33 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2405 on: November 11, 2010, 09:19:04 pm »
For the sake of saving gas money, delicious healthfoods, and squishing your cheeks, I'll do my best to make it. > w <

But seriously I miss you guys like whoa. (And Feliiix I miss you extra hard 'cause you've been gone for so long. )
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2406 on: November 11, 2010, 10:57:02 pm »
PEOPLE!? GOING TO MEWCON?!
I AM EXCITE!
8D Amber and I are going all three days, and we'll be in the art ally selling Avaderp pictures. >:D Come buuuuuy some.
>3< this is oh soooo exciting.
:o And for those of you who should know, I know most of the people on staff, and have staffed before, you don't need a badge to just hang around.
But to get into the artist ally (where we will be) and other places, like gaming, You do, to my knowledge need, at least a day badge.
IF YA'LL NEED IT! Amber and I are staying at her house, and carpooling back and forth all three days, you won't have to even chip in for gas, or pay to take the max or bus.
JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW!
8D
HASHI AND EMILEE YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK SO FANTASTIC!
I must see, and take pictures.
:o Valeria, we have a kinda shaggy layered brown wig if you want to possibly use that. XD
But blah. XD
:O AURICLE! I was told you cannot go to the drag show due to it being so late at night,
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2407 on: November 11, 2010, 11:03:20 pm »
I'll need to be at home, probably. New Year's is at least partly family time.

What would I be using that wig for?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2408 on: November 11, 2010, 11:09:12 pm »
XD I kind of skimmed through, and saw "Smellerbee" and "wig"

XD And you could use it.
BUT! NEVERMIND! ^^;

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2409 on: November 11, 2010, 11:18:45 pm »
@Naru: Yeah, taking Trimet at night is a no-go as far as my mom is concerned. ; 3 ;
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2410 on: November 11, 2010, 11:22:33 pm »
@Auricle- It's okay.
I was really looking forward to seeing you. o3o I'd totally say see you saturday morning. XD But, I have work... DAMN!
8D So yeah. It's all good.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2411 on: November 11, 2010, 11:24:42 pm »
When is MEW?
I might be interested in coming, depending on where I am and... not buying badge.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2412 on: November 11, 2010, 11:26:04 pm »
Dec 30th-Jan 1st

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2413 on: November 11, 2010, 11:30:48 pm »
Thanks for the offer, but I actually meant my Rin and Connie wigs. XD

Hmmm. Those dates are a little less maddening in terms of my college schedule, but I still wanna go to the Floater show so I dunno.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2414 on: November 11, 2010, 11:34:24 pm »
What exactly is the floater show? o3o

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2415 on: November 11, 2010, 11:35:06 pm »
It's a band, and they traditionally play a Dec 31st in Eugene and I've never gotten to go and I reeeeally want to. But I dunno if I feel like con>Floater.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2416 on: November 11, 2010, 11:36:18 pm »
8D hope, maybe you do. IF NOT!
HAVE AN AMAZING TIME. >:D

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2417 on: November 11, 2010, 11:38:11 pm »
Yeah, I'm still debating. Because I'd be okay with going on Jan 1st of con if it was the second day, but if it's the last then I dunno if there's much point in going. It'd probably end before I got there, especially since I'd need to spend time with my family first.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2418 on: November 11, 2010, 11:48:30 pm »
Mewcon ends on the 2nd, actually :o
So you'd still have another day~
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2419 on: November 11, 2010, 11:50:02 pm »
This is true, well, whatever you decide XD you'll at least have awesome fun times?

ZOMG!
YES! VALERIA! DO IT! >3< *this is what I get for not checking the freaking website.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:52:04 pm by Naruchan »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2420 on: November 11, 2010, 11:52:16 pm »
fff, so it does. No way I'm gonna be in town on the 2nd. This makes me way less likely to attend two days. 3: Probably just the 31st for me.

EXCEPT since Yagi plans to go to Floater that means we can't get Mafitalia pics fff
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:53:57 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2421 on: November 11, 2010, 11:55:36 pm »
If it ends on the second, I'll still prolly go. Or like, night of the 1st, morning of the second at least. Still dunno if I'll bother buying a badge though. I doubt I'll go on the 31st at all. >>
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2422 on: November 11, 2010, 11:57:00 pm »
Bleeegh. I want something to do on New Year's Eve that doesn't involve hanging out exclusively with drunk people and doesn't cost more than $20.

And New Year's Mafitalia would be ADORABLE ; D
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2423 on: November 12, 2010, 12:00:03 am »
Im pretty sure I the only day Jaqua is free to be our Airpunk Suki is the first day, New Years. So I'm pretty sure that first day I'll want to do Jet and not Spain.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2424 on: November 12, 2010, 03:05:35 am »
.....there is a good chance I will not be able to go, if my family's Plans work out like last year D:
I will probably be in California
unless I can talk my way out of it
but unless I'm like... working, this is probably not an option.
ARGH WHY DOES TIMING SUCK SO MUCH D:<

ALSO, KERO.
WE SHOULD PCHAT TONIGHT
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:29:57 pm by Felix »
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2425 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53:21 pm »
HEY YAGI
WHAT COLOUR ARE THEIR WINGS AND TAILS?

...I could make something up but I don't want to get it wrong 8T;;
I'll leave them till last anyway, but...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2426 on: November 12, 2010, 06:14:54 pm »
FELIX WHY YOU HAVE FAMILY TIME OUT OF STATE? DDD:
I need to see you before you go back to Ashland. D:
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2427 on: November 12, 2010, 06:20:47 pm »
@Felix: Their wings and tails are blackish brown, maybe some grey.
IF YOU CAN'T COME TO MEW, YOU SHOULD HELP ME AND HASHI WITH OUR MOVING SO THAT WE GET TO SEE YOU AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT OVER BREAK.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2428 on: November 12, 2010, 06:40:21 pm »
Oh, certainly!
I'll be in Portland most of break... just probably not towards the end of it. D:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAGI!!
might add some texture or something later.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:31:04 pm by Felix »

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #2429 on: November 12, 2010, 07:40:06 pm »
*gasp* It's Yagi's birthday?!?!?!

Happy Birthday Yagiiiiii~ 8D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2430 on: November 12, 2010, 07:42:52 pm »
Heeey, so I just watched this movie about a girl who's sent to a 'homosexual rehabilitation' clinic thing and ends up falling in love with and running away with one of the girls there. Anyhow, Dante Basco (Zuko's voice actor) plays one of the gay boys in the clinic thing. It was quite enjoyous to get to see him in a role like that. And yeah, I don't really have a point other than I was amused. > x <;

@Yagi: Is it okay if Savannah and I come to visit you around noonish? We're trying to come over a little earlier than usual 'cause daylight saving time is seriously kicking my curfew up. ' w ';

@Felix: Oooh, shiny~ : D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2431 on: November 12, 2010, 07:48:44 pm »
@Auricle: But Im a Cheerleader is a fantastic movie XD so adorable
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2432 on: November 12, 2010, 08:37:51 pm »
@Felix: OMG YAY~ DEMAKI! WITH WINGS! Thank yooooouuuuu~! <3
As long as we get to hang out at some point over break, all is well. : D

@SK: Indeed it is, on Sunday! Thank you~! : D

@Auricle: Noonish would be perfectly fine! I don't think I have any actual plans for tomorrow, cuz my parents are coming up Sunday. : )
I still need to see that movie... Maybe I'll go watch it right now cuz I'm productive like that. >>
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2433 on: November 12, 2010, 08:46:09 pm »
I just wanted to drop by and say that I heard about another Hanna group going to Sakuracon that is doing the villain/Halloween version from one of Stone's art sketches. I thought that was amazing and that I'd share that bit of info~

goatchild: Awww I wish I could think of something creative for your birthday. I'll probably just be like, "LOL HAPPY B-DAY" on Facebook or something *dies*. Or I could send you a vid of me playing Happy Birthday on the bagpipes for you, buuuut I don't know how well that would turn out, and many people find that instrument obnoxious and wouldn't want to hear it (not to mention I don't know how it would sound when recording, for all I know the noise could be picked up to sound like a strangled rat.) XDDDD
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2434 on: November 12, 2010, 08:50:01 pm »
@Hashi: Wow, someone actually knows what movie I'm talking about. : D Good on you~

@Yagi: Yay~ I am excite! I hope you like your present. > w <
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2435 on: November 12, 2010, 09:28:52 pm »
@Sandro: omg yay~ so much Hanna at Sak!
You don't need to get me anything. XD Though happy birthday on bagpipes would be pretty excellent. But yeah, not sure how good bagpipes would sound recorded. They're just too epic for humankind's puny recording equipment. XD

@Auricle: I am excite as well! I'm sure I will love whatever it is! X3
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2436 on: November 12, 2010, 09:35:57 pm »
@goatchild: no kidding! I think there will be even more when/if it's confirmed that Ms Stone will be there <3
Oh I know~. I was at least thinking of a doodle or something (since I usually do that for people) but they're usually something lame. Ha. I'll have to test out the bagpipe thing and see how it sounds. I just play it but switch the audio with some professional's recording XDD

I have performed my pipes for b-days in the past, but they've all been live ^^;
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:36:24 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2437 on: November 12, 2010, 09:47:11 pm »
@Auricle and Hashi: 8D Amber and I Love that movie too. XD I'm pretty sure the rainbow Pj part is my favorite.

@yagi: :) I can't wait to see you tomorrow too! You're going to like your sexy presents of sexy. XD

@Sandro: I still need to hear you play.
;D Next time we chill downtown? XD bring your pipes.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2438 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:52 pm »
@naru: Ok xDD. Do you want me to wear my formal highland attire for it too? Or can I just show up in whatever? I'll do whichever you prefer, but normal attire is the easiest for me (especially in the winter, I hate the feeling of the wind going up my kilt, thank you very much.) ahaha
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2439 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:11 pm »
I just play it but switch the audio with some professional's recording XDD

You should just replace the audio with an entire BAND. That would be hilarious. XD But I do like random sketches too! But you really don't have to do anything for me, seriously. : P

@Naru: I'm sure I will. I like most presents, cuz getting presents = wonderful = me like. : D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:12:36 pm by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2440 on: November 12, 2010, 10:15:06 pm »
goatchild: Not even an entire band, something that has no bagpipes at all, a whole symphony XD

Kumoricon 2013:

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2441 on: November 12, 2010, 10:47:07 pm »
@Sandro: YES. XDD
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:47:32 pm by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2442 on: November 12, 2010, 11:12:05 pm »
I second this motion. X'D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2443 on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:48 pm »
I may attempt~

Auricle: Sooo I did a Thorne for Halloween (totally forgot to tell you.) Yeah, it wasn't incredibly good, or manly. I also completely forgot to make my hands pale. Lawl. But I thought I'd tell you that the attempt was made.

I'll stop spamming the thread now TAT
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:19:05 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2444 on: November 12, 2010, 11:58:39 pm »
BAGPIPES? : DD

I just rewatched Labyrinth. Want cosplay all cast ;;
But mostly Hoggle and the blue worm. Blue worm so lovable.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2445 on: November 13, 2010, 12:07:56 am »
@Malaria Do it please!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2446 on: November 13, 2010, 04:33:14 pm »
I'm leaning more towards Blue Worm right now, purely because it'd help me learn some of the craaazy business I'd need to make Hoggle later.

OKAY BENT HANNA CREW
Obviously we're gonna need to recruit a photog somehow and get some epic group shots, because we're gonna be AWESOME. In order to make our lives a little easier, I figure we can pull some references from Tessa's stuff. We've got And It Begins and Next To You I'm Really Short. Obviously we'll be working around our lack of Toni, but Yagi and I were chatting a while back and we figure we can just sub in Lamont for Toni in the second one and carelessly omit her in the first one.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2447 on: November 13, 2010, 04:57:52 pm »
WANT COSPLAY SIR DIDYMUS SO BAD AAAHHH

We could also replace Toni with Ples in the first one, since he's in the background instead of the main group pose of that one.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2448 on: November 13, 2010, 05:07:41 pm »
I have a friend that's an AMAZING photographer. I have yet to see anyone look bad in her pictures (unless, of course, they go out of their way to make a bad face. haha) Unfortunately I don't think I can get her to go up for Sakuracon, though I do know that she'll be around for Kumoricon. I'll try to convince her to come though, since she likes anime conventions. Now that I think about it, I think she said that she might try to go. So here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

YES! We need to do those pictures! 8D. Maybe it's a good thing we don't have a male! Adelaide because they'd have to learn to defy gravity. haha

I was actually thinking about it earlier and although it's not an official Stone work, I really do like the idea behind this: http://fav.me/d2ki8a0
However, we wouldn't have a Toni, as you mentioned and as much as I would love to do the thing that Hanna and Zombie are doing in this pic, it would probably end in disaster if I attempted it XD;
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2449 on: November 13, 2010, 05:16:19 pm »
NO MAN WE CAN TRY TO DO IT ANYWAY. If it doesn't work out right away, we can do all the dance poses separately and like, splice them together as a set. That way you'll have as much time as you and Auricle need to get it right and not kill each other. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man