Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 396439 times)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #2650 on: November 22, 2010, 03:45:48 pm »
WE HAVE JAQUA.
WE WILL ALWAYS BE AMAZING.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #2651 on: November 22, 2010, 03:49:34 pm »
Can't argue with that logic.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2652 on: November 23, 2010, 01:00:19 am »

(I realize that it makes you guys really cool to "stick it to the man", but this is getting old, extremely fast. Image removed for grossly inappropriate content per forum code of conduct. ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:19:09 am by randompvg »

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2653 on: November 23, 2010, 01:08:07 am »
oh my god Jaqua I love you. I just. Words cannot express.

Also, Starfighter. WELL HEY THERE FIGHT CLUB. NEXT TO ALL YOU MANRY MEN, CAIN LIKES LIKE A WIMPY PANSY-ASS. No wonder he's so crazy and always picking on his Navigators. He has to scare off the other Fighters cuz he'd be mauled in a fight, and the only people weak enough for him to pick on are the nerdy little Navis. It all make so much more sense now...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:42:18 pm by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2654 on: November 23, 2010, 01:32:10 am »
All those pictures = Complete and utter love for all things Connie.
<3
o3o That comment on Starfighter, yeah, it all makes sense. XD I wouldn't have thought that unless you pointed it out though, because I suck, but ZOMG YES.
There is in fact plot to starfighter, and So far, I like very much. :3
For those who don't know. XD I'm being Hanna for Mew, And I started an attempt trial with his wig, When I get some pics, I'll probably post them, if that's okay. o3o Just want some opinions.
ALSO
;3; (For those who care) Regret to inform, Amber and I will not be getting an art table for Mewcon this year.
looks like stuff with the table didn't work out.
I'm super sad about this.
But, XD I'll probably still have sketch book with me, so no big deal. 8D I'll be able to see who ever is planning on going more that way anyways. <3
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2655 on: November 23, 2010, 01:51:21 am »
That was the Conbat picture I told you about... I think it's really the best picture of Conrad out there, it really captures his essence.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2656 on: November 23, 2010, 09:52:49 am »
First: guys, how are we sucking so bad at forum policy? Can we suck less? Let's suck less. It'd be kind of pathetic if after this long they had to start handing out warnings.

pffff Starfighter. Instead of getting excited about the worldbuilding, I decided to get excited about the fact that we have evidence of a Fighter casual uniform to go with the Navi casual uniform. YEEEEEEAH.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2657 on: November 23, 2010, 11:24:49 am »
@Random: To be perfectly honest, its kind of insulting when you say things like "I know your trying to be cool" etc because we aren't. In fact I personally couldn't care less, the fact of the matter is this is just how we talk to each other. We aren't actively trying to "stick it to the man" because we don't consciously think about it. We just type as we would when we talk, and that's that. Its not a protest, its not us trying to be jerks, or look cool or anything else. So it's fine to censor, just don't make statements that accuse us of things we didn't do.

Yes, the way we talk is not suited for a forum with the rating Kumoricon has, but its not like were trying to be rebels or anything of that sort. We're college age kids who forget the stuff we hear and talk about everyday can be taken in a significantly more negative way our intentions, and sarcasm does not seem to translate well via the internet. Point is. We aren't bad guys, and we aren't trying to be. So while it's fine to censor us when we forget and let words slip, it's unfair of you accuse us of negative intentions we never had.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #2658 on: November 23, 2010, 12:24:49 pm »
@People talking about wanting pics: I have a friend who took some pics, but they're not up yet. I'll show you when they're up (and they're inside pics so they probably suck lol.) Also, don't expect anything extravagant...I thought people at the Yule Ball would have more extravagant costumes, but when I got there...yeah. So I seriously didn't think I was going to win until I saw the *cough* competition. >_>;; SOYEAH
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #2659 on: November 23, 2010, 12:26:33 pm »
@Random: To be perfectly honest, its kind of insulting when you say things like "I know your trying to be cool" etc because we aren't. In fact I personally couldn't care less, the fact of the matter is this is just how we talk to each other. We aren't actively trying to "stick it to the man" because we don't consciously think about it. We just type as we would when we talk, and that's that. Its not a protest, its not us trying to be jerks, or look cool or anything else. So it's fine to censor, just don't make statements that accuse us of things we didn't do.

Thanks, Hashi. That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the edited comments.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #2660 on: November 23, 2010, 01:18:46 pm »
@Hashi, sk_chan: If you don't feel that my words actually apply to you, then there's a strong chance that you are correct and that I was not addressing you.

I've already spoken with who I primarily needed to talk to, and they don't need a defender. If that's your intent, then your motivation is completely admirable but not productive, because the matter is already resolved and I don't plan to reopen it against them. In no event would I reopen my conversation with them here.

~

I would note that if anyone finds an explanatory note left by a moderator in their post objectionable, the simplest way to resolve it is for that person to re-open their post for editing. That functionally creates a new post which 1) is no longer a hybrid of two people's edits, and 2) no longer has the issue which prompted the edit. That makes the explanatory note unnecessary, and it can be removed.
tl;dr: A person whose post contains an explanatory note has the right to remove it.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2661 on: November 23, 2010, 01:25:31 pm »
Hey Jaqua, I'm leaving now. I'll be in the pioneer square starbucks... if you're not there by about 4 I'll probably head over to Yagi's.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2662 on: November 23, 2010, 03:44:53 pm »
HEY FELIX, GUESS WHO'S THE WORST PERSON EVER? I AM. I REALLY WANT TO GO TO POWELLS ACTUALLY IF YOU'D BE UP FOR THAT. OTHER THAN THAT I'LL PROBABLY PLAN TO HEAD OVER TO THE DORM SOON. DEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRPPPPP

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2663 on: November 23, 2010, 04:57:41 pm »
Okiedoke. Heading overrrrrr, be there in like fifteen.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2664 on: November 23, 2010, 05:48:44 pm »
So I've been thinking about it for a while
but I think I might need to cosplay Daria. Problem is my hair isn't quite the right shade of brown and it would mean growing my hair out a lot. Or just derping the hair like a lamer.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2665 on: November 23, 2010, 11:32:46 pm »
Just wanted to leave a quick response and say that I'm 90% positive my photographer friend is coming up to Sakuracon and she would love to take pictures of our fem HiNaBN goup~

Also, as I may have stated before, she would be available for Kumoricon too if we needed her.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:35:25 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2666 on: November 23, 2010, 11:34:54 pm »
HIP HIP HOORAY
Super thank you to your photog friend. I hope she's up for CRAZY SHENANIGANS.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2667 on: November 23, 2010, 11:41:21 pm »
Oh she takes pictures of a lot of shenanigans. Trust me. Haha
She usually does more abstract work. But if you want a fairly general feel for some of her work, here are a few examples you can look at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/honeyuck/
She actually has a ton more that I absolutely love but I totally spaced out on the name of the account. Ha.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2668 on: November 23, 2010, 11:43:15 pm »
Dude, this stuff is brutal. I feel like she's so much cleverer than the standard showing-off-cosplay sort of thing, which makes me SUPER EXCITED.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2669 on: November 23, 2010, 11:47:28 pm »
Yeah, I concur.
She's also had a lot of experience from doing tons of senior pictures for people and having her art displayed in Portland art galleries. For some reason I have a crap ton of photographer friends, but I have to say that she's my favorite simply because I love her abstract style and the use of colors and textures in some of her work.
I'M GLAD YOU'RE EXCITED!
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2670 on: November 23, 2010, 11:48:48 pm »
So pretty much she's pro and you're awesome for knowing her and she's awesome for willing to do this.
Does the know the series at all? It'd probably be good if she had some context for our stupid.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:49:41 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2671 on: November 23, 2010, 11:49:45 pm »
I don't think so, though I can get her aquainted with it ;]
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2672 on: November 23, 2010, 11:51:40 pm »
REBECCA!!!
o3o Is it too much to ask if maybe Amber and I steal one of these photo friends of yours. ;DDD
XDjkjk
But that is kind of ridiculously amazing photography. :) and makes me really excited to see the Hanna group pics.
<3 So much awesome, so little time to get ready for it. XD

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2673 on: November 23, 2010, 11:52:14 pm »
Sandro how are you so awesome all the time always I don't understand.

And please tell your friend that she is also freaking awesome and so is her work and I feel so unworthy.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2674 on: November 23, 2010, 11:57:50 pm »
@Naru: There are two that live in Portland, but they would require payment. I even have to pay to get pictures from them for photoshoots. They are broke college students so they require it xD. So as long as you had money on you I'm sure they'd be willing ;]
There's also this friend if you want to contact her if you like her style better, she was also one of my best friends through high school <3:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/taylornicolereed/
I would send you the link to her other flickr account but it has over 1,000 images on it XD
-that's also her in all the images.

@goatchild: I really wish I was as awesome as you think I am! :'D I sound a lot better on the webz than in real life, trust me. xD

I will tell her about the positive feedback that she has for this project <3
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:59:05 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2675 on: November 23, 2010, 11:58:45 pm »
Sandro how are you so awesome all the time always I don't understand.

And please tell your friend that she is also freaking awesome and so is her work and I feel so unworthy.

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

also Rebecca I feel like it's necessary to say
I HAVEN'T RESPONDED TO YOU ON FACEBOOK
I'M SORRY
I JUST CAN'T THINK OF A GOOD SONG IN RETURN YET AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE I'VE GOT ONE BEFORE RESPONDING
also I'm sad we didn't see you at the premiere ;3;

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2676 on: November 24, 2010, 12:03:20 am »
Jaqua: Aww you don't have to send me one back if you can't think of anything! XD
I just wanted to share some German music with you. Well, specifically that band because I like them. haha
I'M SAD I DIDN'T SEE YOU EITHER ;n; I only hung out for, like, an hour with Naru and had to go home to do homework because I'm lame XD;;
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2677 on: November 24, 2010, 12:07:34 am »
@Sandro; Twas marvelous seeing you! <3
o3o I thought I was going to see you all there too, But, NO! YOU HAD TO GO TO A DIFFERENT THEATER! YOU ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN FRONT OF HE LINE 8D BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE I WAS! <3
Those photo's look AMAZING!
<3 I'll see what I can do with this information. :D

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2678 on: November 25, 2010, 06:08:40 am »

This just in: Ron/Hermione is the opposite of Aang/Katara

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2679 on: November 25, 2010, 11:47:40 am »
@Malaria: Are we still gonna do crazy black Friday shenanigans? XD
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2680 on: November 25, 2010, 01:42:45 pm »
@Jaqua- That makes me lawl. <3
*runs out* 8D

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2681 on: November 25, 2010, 01:45:52 pm »
pff I dunno. Savannah has decided she's going to get me knee high combat boots as a holiday present BECAUSE SHE IS CRAZY AND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE JEW RULES OF PRESENT GIVING. So I think I'll be at Tanasbourne at a semi-reasonable hour Friday morning. Maybe. Unless the family decides we wanna take our coupon bounty and go to Macy's or JCPenney or something. We're probably not doing any crazy 4 AM stuff because 4 AM is a dread hour and I seriously doubt I'd be fit to drive a car then anyway. I imagine we'll be hanging out more towards the afternoon on Friday. xP Or you could come to Tanasbourne with me and Savannah?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2682 on: November 25, 2010, 02:16:33 pm »
Sure, I'd love to come with you guys~

Are we talking about the Streets of Tanasbourne, then? ' w '
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:56:05 pm by Auricle »
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2683 on: November 25, 2010, 02:20:20 pm »
Yeah. I think we're hitting up Nordstrom Rack and then probably Ross because Ross is awesome.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2684 on: November 25, 2010, 02:35:00 pm »
That sounds good to me~ When were you guys gonna be over there?
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2685 on: November 25, 2010, 02:37:00 pm »
No idea! Was gonna figure it out today amidst negotiating with the family and seeing what their plans are.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2686 on: November 25, 2010, 04:07:07 pm »
XD Alright, I'm sure we'll all know eventually.
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2687 on: November 25, 2010, 06:23:40 pm »
This just in: Ron/Hermione is the opposite of Aang/Katara

Late comment is late BUT LAWL THAT IS SO TRUE. AND SO FAIL. I LOVE YOU JAQUA.

I hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving weekend so far. AND GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING TOMORROW GUYS. DON'T GET TRAMPLED. <33
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2688 on: November 25, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »
@Yagi: I'm sure we'll be fine. Maybe. ='D

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE~ > w <

Here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ Have fun going whyyyyy ' A '
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2689 on: November 25, 2010, 07:54:05 pm »
o3o clogged my arteries just watching that....... *dies*

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2690 on: November 25, 2010, 08:07:41 pm »
Oh god. So much meat. DDDDD8

ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE FROM LONG LONG AGO: I'm updating the PoSm LJ community cuz I have nothing better to do right now besides homework, and I still need bios from Jaqua and Felix. So you guys should either write your bios and send them to me OR I'M JUST GONNA WRITE THEM FOR YOU. 8| Or if you just plain want me to write yours cuz you don't want to write it, I will. XD But you should totes get them to me / tell me you want me to write yours sometime this weekend.

Also IS IT ALRIGHT WITH EVERYONE IF I MAKE THIS INTO THE POSM LJ COMMUNITY ICON?? 8DDD At least until we can think of a better one that actually has to do with us.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:21:35 pm by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2691 on: November 25, 2010, 08:27:28 pm »
XD Please everyone say yes.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2692 on: November 25, 2010, 09:37:43 pm »
ICON YES
YES YES YES

Auricle, I figured out the family stuff, so I'll be calling up you and Savannah soon to iron out details. <3
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2693 on: November 25, 2010, 10:48:51 pm »
I WILL BE HONESTLY DISAPPOINTED IF OUR ICON IS ANYTHING ELSE.
ALSO I WILL HAVE MY BIO FOR YOU SOON. I'LL PROBABLY WRITE IT TONIGHT SINCE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO EXCEPT SEND YOU STUFF ANYWAY. AS I WRITE THIS I HAVE ANOTHER TAB OPEN WITH A MESSAGE TO YOU THAT I'M SLOWLY FILLING WITH AC STUFF FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.

Also HAPPY THANKSGIVING and HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING I'M BUMMED I CAN'T GO WITH YOU GUYS D':

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2694 on: November 26, 2010, 12:48:54 am »
IT'S OKAY WE'LL CHILL TOGETHER AFTERWARDS WHILE YOU DO YOUR BEST ZOMBIE IMPRESSION

Hey guys I finally did the July shoot. It's up. Go look at it. Marvel. Also, if you have an LJ, are a PoSm or an OCD and you haven't joined the comm, WHY NOT?
http://community.livejournal.com/potatosmashers/4722.html
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2695 on: November 26, 2010, 03:28:09 pm »
Ehhhh I'll write it eventually.

....or it could just say FELIX IS MYSTERIOUS AND NINJALIKE.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2696 on: November 26, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »
Felix: So Savannah, Auricle and Malaria have been trying to call you all morning/afternoon. Just relaying the message, we're currently just chilling in the dorm XP
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2697 on: November 26, 2010, 06:51:00 pm »
@Felix (& Jaqua): You should at least tell me your birthday and age (unless you don't want people to know?) and what other sites of yours if any you want me to link to, like DeviantART, facebook, etc. Also what cosplays you wore to the last few cons you went to, or at least the ones you want me to list. Otherwise your bio is going to be based completely on my shoddy fail memory. 8D You don't have to put any favorites or anything. (If you're lazy/can't find it for some reason, here's the link to the current bio page. : P)

@Jaqua: I AM SO EXCITED FOR MORE ASSCREED FIC. OMG. I WISH I COULD READ IT ALL RIGHT NOW. CURSE YOU FINALS.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2698 on: November 26, 2010, 07:00:31 pm »
It really confuses me when you call it AssCreed. Just saying.

LEGGINGS ACQUIRED. Auricle's Henry wig is cute but in need of a good swim in some orange Sharpie. Jaqua better be asleep by now.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
« Reply #2699 on: November 26, 2010, 11:41:08 pm »
....or it could just say FELIX IS MYSTERIOUS AND NINJALIKE.
SO ACCURATE TO THE WAY YOUR LJ LOOKS RIGHT NOW
SO. ACCURATE.
also please go over your phone. It needs some TLC, man. 8C