Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 396402 times)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3000 on: December 18, 2010, 08:33:09 pm »
Auricle: Does 11 at Millikan work for you?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3001 on: December 18, 2010, 08:41:11 pm »
@Sandro: Aw, cool! What part did you play? ' w '

@Malaria: That works for me~ : D
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3002 on: December 18, 2010, 09:23:49 pm »
Auricle: Originally I was Bottom, but since I had a lot of work at school at the time I didn't have enough time for the part, so they moved me down to Quince.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3003 on: December 18, 2010, 09:28:04 pm »
Then I will see you tomorrow at 11. : D
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3004 on: December 18, 2010, 10:22:40 pm »
...I was actually in a Midsummer Night's Dream in high school, but I have completely forgotten that part apparently. Go me. >>;

Btw, my dad will be in town tomorrow evening-ish, which might involve taking me and Hashi up to North Portland to get my car back after the photoshoot, buuuuut we should still get together tomorrow night to watch movies and stuff. We can just call ya'll when we get back. : x Also, Jaqua, I kinda really wanna play at least a little bit of Assassin's Creed. Cuz you got me hooked and I have no other way of playing it than going to your house. Curse you. @~@
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3005 on: December 20, 2010, 12:28:38 am »
We shot today. Everyone is awesome. Rebecca, thank you so so much for coming and standing around in the freezing cold with us. I hope we weren't too shrieky for you. XD

Yagi, upload pictures so we can have our boozy holiday card.

Manly Man Competition might be the crappiest set of pictures ever.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3006 on: December 20, 2010, 12:37:58 am »
Oh hey no problem! And you definitely weren't at all~. Thanks so, so much for inviting me, I'm sorry I mostly just stood around awkwardly and didn't know what to do xD.
I was so happy to meet you guys in person finally! You're all equally awesome as much as I expected you to be ;]

ahaha, regardless I'm looking forward to seeing the Manly competition pictures.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3007 on: December 20, 2010, 08:51:51 pm »
I'm so excited for these pictures, you all have noooo idea!
8D Amber and I saw Rebecca today, and she totally filled us in on the shinanigans!
XD I want to see these crappy pictures, I don't gave a crap if there bad!
XDDDDD
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
« Reply #3008 on: December 20, 2010, 09:30:57 pm »
Hey guys, long time no see. 8D Looks like I missed out on some stuff.

Okay, so Felix: I'm free Wednesday-Thurday-Friday this week, so if you would like to go fabric shopping before Christmas, one of those days works best. Thursday would probably be best, because it's before Christmas Eve, so Joann's should be open. I have a thing I gotta do tomorrow, so Wednesday's kinda meh, but I can make it work. Does meeting somewhere at 12-ish sound okay to you? Which Joann's location would you like to go to?
We fail at text coversations. XD buuuh timing

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3009 on: December 21, 2010, 12:25:48 am »
Rebecca: I actually felt bad since we didn't have more pictures for you to do.

Bella: They're comin'. At least you'll get to see one of our kitchen pictures before Christmas.

Savannah: We'll fill you in. XD

Guys, I've been reading Lackadaisy. Ivy's fun, but. Mordecai.
I want to be Mordecai. Please.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3010 on: December 21, 2010, 01:04:02 am »
Malaria: Oh don't worry about it! Russia is pretty random when you have all the Germanic people, Hungary and North Italy who actually socialize with each other in the anime/manga and Russia, well, doesn't. So it made complete sense and I honestly didn't mind it at all. Russia in general can be hard to work around and I had plenty of fun just watching you guys getting your shots and chit chatting~
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:05:40 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3011 on: December 21, 2010, 01:12:03 am »
bawww Kero.... it turns out I'm leaving wednesday. and unless we get snowed in I'm stuck going, so... fabric-shopping shenanigans might have to wait till spring break. 8C (believe me, if I had any choice in the matter I'd stay in portland and derp around with you guys, but I can't get out of it.)
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3012 on: December 21, 2010, 02:55:16 pm »
Rebecca: It doesn't help that we all un-ship him. XD I'm glad you had fun. <3

I finished Lackadaisy. WHAT DO I DO NOW? Besides work on cosplay. derp.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3013 on: December 21, 2010, 03:02:38 pm »
Malaria: ahaha, it's true xD. Though I never mind a cute shot with him and his sisters, but I never got around to taking them when I was actually around them. Wah wah...
I sure did! :]

I should read that :x
I've been going back and forth with reading two novels, I'm hoping to actually finish my doublet by Christmas though...*sigh*
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #3014 on: December 21, 2010, 04:54:02 pm »
D: What if we go early on Wednesday and do some speed shopping? *crosses fingers for a blizzard*
Man, now I'm depressed that I didn't get to see you AGAIN.;A;

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3015 on: December 22, 2010, 06:01:24 am »
D: ....AAAAHHHH I KNOW

...well, guess it's a good thing you're not doing Astrid for Sak?
but uh... that's... not very likely 8C
UNLESS WE ARE BACK BEFORE NOON
AND I CAN JUST
NOT SLEEP
8D;;;

(and argh this comic. I WAS TRYING TO DO ONE PAGE PER DAY. I WAS TRYING. I guess I will just... do a LOT of pages while being antisocial at my family... and this is WITH A MAGIC BRUSHPEN. I FAIL ANYWAY AAAAAHHHHH. I FAIL DESPITE THE MAGIC.)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #3016 on: December 22, 2010, 11:38:46 am »
IT'S NOT A GOOD THING. NONE OF IT /sob

I dunno, you're sounding kind of sleep-deprived. Maybe a few hours of shut-eye would be good for you.

ONE PAGE A DAY IS A LOT. 8I;; Tone down a bit and try to complete one page every other day. Especially with the way you do things, a little more leeway timewise would do wonders.
Well...what kind of fabric were you thinking of using? I mean, did you have anything in mind, or were we going to go by the seat of our pants here? I don't want our cosplays to look strangely different, but I do want to start working on some stuff. If I got some cotton-y stuff for parts of Astrid, would you be mad at me? ;;

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3017 on: December 22, 2010, 03:36:34 pm »
This is what Yagi and Hashi and I did last night.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:36:56 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3018 on: December 22, 2010, 03:37:20 pm »
PFFT~!
Love it <3 xD
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3019 on: December 22, 2010, 03:41:27 pm »
Awesome. Yagi and Hashi spent like half an hour spazzing about the snowflakes. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3020 on: December 22, 2010, 08:10:04 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OH GOD YES
SO MUCH YES
ALSO THERE IS A SNOWFLAKE ON MY TONGUE AND THIS PLEASES ME GREATLY

AND NOW I'M GOING TO CONTINUE COMPILING THIS FANFIC SPAM, IT NEVER ENDS OMG

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3021 on: December 22, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »
It's...Beautiful. ='D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3022 on: December 22, 2010, 10:24:02 pm »
YES YOU POSTED IT.

Jaqua, I am greatly looking forward to the fanfics. and the trustfalling.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3023 on: December 23, 2010, 05:23:49 pm »
oh god yes the trustfalling

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3024 on: December 23, 2010, 06:54:31 pm »
Jaqua, check your phone.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3025 on: December 24, 2010, 01:06:00 pm »
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh I saw around ten this morning that you'd called and Hashi texted me... Last night I went to bed around 5:30 with the plan to just take a nap and then suddenly I woke up and it was light outside. I guess I was tired after work or something.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3026 on: December 24, 2010, 01:09:00 pm »
lolol Oh Jaqua. Do you not work again until the 27th?  if so this means plenty of time to catch up on sleep!
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3027 on: December 24, 2010, 01:23:11 pm »
ahaha Jaqua ilu. <3
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3028 on: December 24, 2010, 01:39:45 pm »
So yeah, Kero. Uhh... I wanted fabrics with more texture, ie, not broadcloth. For the jacket I wanted a heavier material... I already have most of my fabric, actually. Which version are you doing? Does Astrid even have costume changes? In the timeline of the comic it really hasn't been that long since he was introduced, so maybe not... but you probably want his cape to be a heavier fabric, and use a darker red... I generally like to use more muted colours with costumes and Kiran's colours are pretty muted anyway, so you don't want to be blindingly bright next to me. But yeah... I guess you should send me a ref of what you're doing? That way I can help more.
(wait... did you already finish all your stuff for Sak? D: )

...speaking of refs, are you gonna send me the Yukio ones, malaria?

Jaqua: words cannot describe the epicness of that picture.

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3029 on: December 25, 2010, 12:02:22 am »
Happy holidays and winter and such as that~ I hope everyone has a nice day with friends and family. = w =
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3030 on: December 25, 2010, 03:24:58 pm »
Happy holiday's POSMS!

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3031 on: December 26, 2010, 09:07:38 pm »
Last night I had a dream that Hashi, Felix, Valeria, and I were all sitting around chatting. And probably waiting for other people. Ahaha post for no reason. = A =
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3032 on: December 26, 2010, 11:35:21 pm »
Hey, hope you all had a great weekend~

Auricle, that's so funny, because I had a dream you guys were all talking in Hashi's dorm waiting for me and I came to visit to return a...bunch of grapes? Apparently they were some really good grapes.
Later on in the same dream I was dragged along to a Hetalia panel and forced to take Auricle's cosplay of N. Italy and wear it. All the fans in there were freaking out. I opened my mouth wide about to say something and they all said, "Ahhhh she's going to say Pastaaaa!*squeal*" but instead I punched someone in the neck. XD
Oh my dreams...

Hashi: Are the Icelandic sagas any good? I just got them for Christmas and am thinking about reading them before school starts up again. Ha.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 11:41:19 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3033 on: December 27, 2010, 12:00:52 am »
take Auricle's cosplay of N. Italy and wear it. All the fans in there were freaking out. I opened my mouth wide about to say something and they all said, "Ahhhh she's going to say Pastaaaa!*squeal*" but instead I punched someone in the neck. XD
OOO:
You turned into me in your dream!

Felix, I'll upload the Yukio pics and send them to you soonest.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3034 on: December 27, 2010, 12:09:01 am »
OOO:
You turned into me in your dream!

...I'm so glad you would do something like that xD <3
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3035 on: December 27, 2010, 12:15:34 am »
Well, I have too much self control at this point to actually punch anyone in the neck. Lord knows I've wanted to.
But I did actually wear Auricle's N Italy wig! XD I cosplayed Mafia N Italy to the Kumori Ball this last year, and I'm borrowing it again for the first day of Mew.

It's very surreal looking in a mirror and seeing someone wearing her wig and being like BRITANY and then realizing that it's me.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3036 on: December 27, 2010, 12:48:00 am »
@Sandro: Oh man. The neck punch thing is totally why you fit in with us. Just sayin'. I would do it too.

and you should totally meet up with us at Mew, or something. We all need to hang out more.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3037 on: December 27, 2010, 12:56:36 am »
@Hashi: Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm a pacifist by nature but there are sometimes where I just think, "You know, it would be kind of funny if I just smacked you a bit..." at least when it comes to some people. pfft

Guuuuuuuuh I really wanted to but I just found out I work all three days...booo >:I
Maybe if I have enough time before or after work I might swing by, otherwise it looks highly unlikely.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3038 on: December 27, 2010, 01:03:35 am »
@Sandro: Nah, I think that a lot. But then again, I also punch as a sign of friendship. So maybe I just like punching? lol
also, the work thing sucks! Well, you take psu classes yah? We should still meet up sometime.
Oh! and the icelandic sagas are.. good but differ drastically depending on the translation in terms of.. social rules, and how blatant the original writings were regarding 'less than proper' acts if you catch my drift (aka a lot of englishmen who first translated it, blushed and skipped some scenes) but other than that, for the most part the sagas are really good. Gisli Sturlsson is one of my favourites (though his name is different in a lot of translations) for the most part if the saga title says something like Gisli, its the right one. Egil is the most famous by far but not my favourite. Saga of the Confederates or.. Vatsndal I beleive, is hilarious and reminds me a lot of a law and order type thing, because it deals with crimes and the viking equivalent of a court system, and its a comedy. Which rocks.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3039 on: December 27, 2010, 01:10:28 am »
Im double posting for the sake of something half of you wont get but i have to re-post it somewhere and unlike the other things i keep wanting to re-post, this one is Kcon forum appropriate (oh ACkinkmeme)
Guys. If you dont get this, youtube 'Sassy Gay Friend' Please. Or play Assassins Creed. or both. if youre really confused.

"This is Altair, from Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed. He's about to attack Robert de Sable and cause the loss of both Malik's arm and brother, as well as his own rank in the Assassin order. This fate could have been avoided if he had a Sassy Gay Friend."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING

WHAT WHAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:11:39 am by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3040 on: December 27, 2010, 01:12:20 am »
@Hashi: Well I like it too. Heh. But then again I also have a dark sense of humor which probably doesn't help.
Agreed! I have classes Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays in the morning. I would love to hang out sometime, definitely. I'm always looking for an excuse to procrastinate on schoolwork. Lawl.
Oh yeah I see what you mean, sort of like the various translations I came across with Irish mythology. Well that's good to know! Can't wait to start reading them~

and PFFFTTT I LOVE SASSY GAY FRIEND. That's just too great. Oh man...
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3041 on: December 27, 2010, 01:18:19 am »
@Sandro: Im more just an overly enthusiastic toward violent things person, but i do enjoy dark humor as well XD
Awesome! I have class MWF as well! ..we dont happen to share a class by chance do we? Were the same type major/subject I think (Im taking all Anth courses and math this term)

and yes. Sassy Gay Friend.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3042 on: December 27, 2010, 01:21:08 am »
@Hashi: Great, because I enjoy both xD
I highly doubt it. I'm actually only taking one class at PSU this term since that's all I can afford. Dunno why I said classes when it's only one. So just Turkish this term.

<3
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:21:33 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3043 on: December 27, 2010, 01:24:31 am »
Sandro: Sad-day. Oh well. we should still hang out though!All my classes are After Noon, and I work Tuesday and Thursdays and weekend only, so that would work.Who do you take Turkish with btw? Its not Euvgenia Davidova, who Im sure I mispelled, is it? I was talking to her last semester because I may as well live in East Hall, and she teaches a few courses on TurkishSociology and or Literature I know but I wasnt sure what else.

edit: I think its the Sociology of Women in Turkey class but I cannot recall the other classes she mentioned..
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:28:15 am by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3044 on: December 27, 2010, 01:30:52 am »
Hashi: Great! We could just set up a date and time and I'm all for it! Unfortunately my work schedule isn't very predictable, so there might be limits depending on my schedule, etc, etc...
But it's going to be pretty dead and they only use me for about ten hours a week during the term so I'm sure it'll still leave me pretty free.
No, it's Pelin Basci. But I would love to take some Turkish literature classes. I really wanted to take the Gender Roles in Turkey class this last term but I couldn't afford it :/
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3045 on: December 27, 2010, 01:31:44 am »
Im double posting for the sake of something half of you wont get but i have to re-post it somewhere and unlike the other things i keep wanting to re-post, this one is Kcon forum appropriate (oh ACkinkmeme)
Guys. If you dont get this, youtube 'Sassy Gay Friend' Please. Or play Assassins Creed. or both. if youre really confused.

"This is Altair, from Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed. He's about to attack Robert de Sable and cause the loss of both Malik's arm and brother, as well as his own rank in the Assassin order. This fate could have been avoided if he had a Sassy Gay Friend."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING

WHAT WHAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

Worth a double post, also, this never ceases to make me laugh.
Just saying.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:35:08 am by Naruchan »

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3046 on: December 27, 2010, 01:36:53 am »
@Sandro: I keep wanting to taking the Turkey courses but they fill up so fast, however I did sign up for a course called Cities in Europe a Social Study, and its about the importance of well, cities in europe and some of the first major cities and how they operated, and I just saw its taught by Davidova! I think next term Im going to try harder for the course on the Ottoman Empire (I kind of bought the textbook already because it seemed interesting at the bookstore last term). Also, taking Danish didnt work out, so now Im looking for yet another language to take and Im thinking either Italian or Turkish or Greek, but alas, I need to wait until next year because of how PSU does things.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3047 on: December 27, 2010, 01:48:48 am »
@Hashi: Oh really? Ahhh, now that sounds interesting! I actually started reading this book a while back, I can't quite recall the name, I think it might have just been as simple as The City which talked about the origins of major cities and civilizations; mainly the operation more than anything. I'll have to find it again, it was really interesting. My mom majored in Political Science and has several books dealing with the operation of cities, countries and their government (most of them she owns deal with Soviet countries.) Being a future Archaeologist I find the ones about ancient cities the most fascinating. Ha.
Italian is debatably my favorite language, but unfortunately it doesn't work for my area of interest (although I do like Italian archaeology and love studying the Italian renaissance.)
All three of those sound interesting. I know that Italy, moreso than the other two, has a lot more variety in their scholarships, at least from what I've come across. They also seem to have more study abroad programs, though Turkey and Greece have a bit as well. When I was looking for abroad programs in the British Isles all I saw were pages and pages of studying in Italy on the various sites I was looking at.  

Edit: Also, I will totally try to save up enough for that Ottoman empire class <3. I would love it. I wish I could take Ottoman Turkish too, but it's only offered in a handful of universities around the country *pout*
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:59:30 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3048 on: December 27, 2010, 01:51:57 pm »
@Sandro: First off, sorry this is late! I was falling asleep so I decided to wait and reply until I was more awake. That book sounds absolutely fascinating though! I love Archaeology, its one of my potential future career goals (I have roughly 5, but most are International or Archaeological themed) One of the problems with College was I took too many classes so I dont know exactly what I want my career to be, I just know Im interested in a lot of things. Thankfully, most are in the same subject area. If there was a career where I could study the Sociology of Ancient Civilizations, or track the Silk Road, or have a career identifying old weapons, I would be absolute heaven. (I just got a book about the history of bladed weapons, and ive been drooling over it since i bought it)
To sum all that up, yeah, Im with you on the finding ancient cities more interesting.
From the sounds of it your planning to be a Turkish Archaeologist?, for lack of better wording on my part. It honestly sounds fascinating, but is there a particular timeframe youre more interested in or is more a middle eastern archaeology interest? I ask because it seems we share the same regional interests both in terms of northern europe and especially more south/mediterranean/middle eastern.

If I could get away with learning all 3 languages I would, but somehow I dont see that happening anytime soon. Ive been re-looking into study abroad opportunities, and your right they do have a lot for Italy, but seeing as my Denmark plans didnt work out, Im going to take more time in planning, and more likely, only go for one tern or even find a summer program possibly. The main problem is a lot of the programs are art focussed, and Im looking at more anthropological or archaeology focussed. PSU has a great Greece program, however the program takes place in the dangerous part of Athens so Im somewhat hesitant to go, dangerous being as in, terrorist groups targeting tourists and study abroad students with goals to get greece to stop being a tourist destination. Normally it wouldnt stop me, but the building the program uses is right in the middle of the 'bad' district. 

The Ottoman Empire class I think is under History, but I can check again. Im hoping its offered next term.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3049 on: December 27, 2010, 04:16:19 pm »
Guys I wanna cosplay Uzura.

because Edel's hair is actually totally impossible.
and and Uzuraaaa <333

everyone should watch Princess Tutu so they know what I'm on about.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 04:16:57 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man