Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 396382 times)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3150 on: January 16, 2011, 04:25:02 pm »
Double post for stuff that the rest of you in this thread might actually care about.
Yagi and I were derping around and discussing how great it'd be to do a Scooby Doo group and we were kinda bumbling around trying to figure out who would be who, and this is what we came up with:
Me as Velma obv
Jaqua as Daphne also obv
Yagi as The Mystery Machine
Hashi and SK as Fred and Shaggy. This one's kinda debatable, so we left it sorta open?
Felix as Scrappy Doo because YOU'RE THE SMALLEST THIS IS YOUR FATE
Auricle as Scooby because process of elimination.

Obviously these aren't like ironclad assignments and we aren't required to do this, but what do you guys think? Does this sound fun?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3151 on: January 16, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »
I would like to clarify that my theoretical Mystery Machine cosplay would be like a gijinka. Not a giant cardboard box van. As fun as that would be. 8D

IN OTHER NEWS I've been patterning tricky parts of Hashi's Mephisto jacket! And will soon start patterning the conglomeration of the singular tricky part that is the entirety of the poof shorts! FUN TIMES.
And then maybe we'll pattern the cape.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3152 on: January 16, 2011, 05:49:14 pm »
And then the lining for all  of those things.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3153 on: January 16, 2011, 08:39:07 pm »
I actually have kind of loved that idea since it was first discussed like... weeks ago I think? So yes if we end up ever having room for it I am all for it.

Felix as Scrappy Doo because YOU'RE THE SMALLEST THIS IS YOUR FATE

I laughed unnecessarily hard

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3154 on: January 16, 2011, 09:10:13 pm »
((by anyone I assume you mean me because I don't think anyone else here has read it.))
Aradia is the Maid of Time.
she is one of the few trolls whose title I can remember! ...I'm not even sure they were all mentioned, though
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3155 on: January 16, 2011, 09:35:58 pm »
Jaqua: Yeeeah! You'd make the best damsel in distress ever.

Felix: I know we got all their planets. ._.
The one title I always remember is that Eridan is the Prince of either Hope or Light, which is just ahahah Eri your life is a cosmic joke.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #3156 on: January 16, 2011, 11:05:09 pm »
Shaggy...8D
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3157 on: January 17, 2011, 01:37:00 pm »
Vriska is the Thief of Light and I don't think there are duplicates...
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3158 on: January 17, 2011, 02:27:25 pm »
SK: If Hashi agrees to be Fred, you can totally be Shaggy.

Felix: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right.
Just checked the wiki, he's the Prince of Hope.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3159 on: January 17, 2011, 05:45:59 pm »
Wait... there is a wiki? (liiiiiiink)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3161 on: January 18, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »
/proceeds to waste a lot of time reading the wiki

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3164 on: January 19, 2011, 01:18:38 am »
OH MY GOD THATS AMAZING
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3165 on: January 19, 2011, 07:51:46 am »
I KNOW RIGHT
HE MADE ME CLOSE MY EYES BEFORE HE BROUGHT IT OUT AND AS SOON AS I SAW IT I JUST SCREAMED NONSENSE AND JUMPED AROUND WITH GLEE
AND THEN HE AND I FANGIRLED OVER AC FOR LIKE TWENTY MINUTES STRAIGHT

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3166 on: January 19, 2011, 02:02:25 pm »
NNN CARNIVALE MASKS I WANT THEM I WANT THEM AAALLLL

On the subject of our supreme nerddom, today I was walking around campus and heard a guy speaking rapidfire irate Italian into his cell phone and I gleed a little.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3167 on: January 19, 2011, 02:14:02 pm »
eeeeeeee <3 Man I love Italian so much, I mean I loved it before AC2 but now I just love it more hhnnggg

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3168 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:01 pm »
I'm sorry, I just had to drop by and say that Italian is my favorite language. I would've gleed too if I heard that man talking.

Also, I don't know what AC is, but that Plague mask is amazing. I love Venetian masks. Unfortunately when I went to Venice I could only afford one, but I love it to pieces.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:22:41 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3169 on: January 19, 2011, 02:39:49 pm »
AC=Assassin's Creed

Rebecca, you should show us your gorgeous mask.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3170 on: January 19, 2011, 02:51:46 pm »
Ha! This further proves how much I fail when it comes to figuring out abbreviations. Ok, I know what that is I just haven't played it.

I'll see if I can take a quick snapshot~
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3171 on: January 19, 2011, 03:25:37 pm »
Yesssss want see beautiful mask!! And dude Rebecca you can post in our thread whenever man, we've had a photoshoot together, we're tight now.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3172 on: January 19, 2011, 04:04:48 pm »
dude Rebecca you can post in our thread whenever man, we've had a photoshoot together, we're tight now.
QFT
Even if we hadn't had a shoot, you dream of punching people in the neck. That's like dreamkin or something.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3173 on: January 19, 2011, 04:40:28 pm »
SO TRUE
There are so many people I think need a good old-fashioned punch in the neck it's crazy

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3174 on: January 19, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »
Ok, here is the mask.

Aww, well thanks~
Ahaha, it's true. Some people do kind of need it. I feel like there are so many friends who look at me when I say that and think I'm a violent, horrible person.
Oh dear lord my dreams. They're insane.

Also, I saw Portlandia! I think the old woman in the library was my favorite, "If she could read your thoughts she'd be scared to death." Maybe it was just the way she delivered her lines, I dunno, but she made me laugh.

Sorry, I wanted to share this picture that I just found. I thought it was humorous at least.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3175 on: January 19, 2011, 08:38:47 pm »
THAT MASK.
IT IS AWESOME.

.....oh man, imagine all the stupid things that happened in history that might have been prevented if the right person had received a good punch to the neck.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3176 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:56 pm »
THAT MASK
HNNNN

Naw, this is totally semi-normal response. it's kind of a problem when you start actually punching people in the neck.

Yes! That woman was like, the truest-to-life character on the whole show. I love the old people who have actually lived in Portland forever who are like "seriously, what are you morons doing?"

We're not so different ~after all~

Felix: That's a really good way to put it. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3177 on: January 19, 2011, 08:55:50 pm »
It was expensive but worth it D8 <3
I want to wear it always. Except I wore it once and it cracked a little and decided to never wear it again...

Felix: I agree, sooo many people.

Malaria: Oh...we're not supposed to actually punch them? Whoops...
I kid, of course~
I completely agree! She was too great~

pffft <3
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3178 on: January 19, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »
OH NOOO
I wonder if you could look up how to maintain it.

I feel like the occasional punch to the stomach is okay. But necks are a little much.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3179 on: January 19, 2011, 09:06:15 pm »
I might just do that. :x

Agreed. Unless it's Sarah Palin, in which case you'd need a punch to the neck on a daily basis.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3180 on: January 19, 2011, 09:13:36 pm »
Or just take away the goshdarn microphone.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3181 on: January 20, 2011, 11:52:43 am »
Or both, forever, followed by making her live in Alaska minus the camera crews and giving her no access to the internet
THE WAY THINGS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE
oh my god i hate sarah palin

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3182 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:24 pm »
^I can agree to that. Just keep her locked away from society and any form of publicity, please...
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3183 on: January 20, 2011, 08:32:09 pm »
HEY FELIX. I was just doing a little reading on painting fabric, and someone pointed out that if you try to fabric paint a tie somewhere where you'll be knotting it, you are effectively screwed because the paint will crack.
This is a problem. Since we're doing that whole tie thing.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3184 on: January 20, 2011, 08:39:10 pm »
You could try tying the tie first, painting it, then sewing it shut and altering it to make it clasp in the back? That way there's less of a chance of cracking.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3185 on: January 20, 2011, 10:31:48 pm »
Yeah, my worry is that then we'll end up with awkwardly angled lines that don't look quite as they should.
And just for me personally, I don't trust my ability to paint straight lines on a curve without slopping paint everywhere. But I guess that's what we'll have to go with. :I

hey dude where's that fic dump
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3186 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:01 am »
SO SO SO CLOSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA
I PLAN TO LEGITLY HAVE IT DONE TONIGHT

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3187 on: January 21, 2011, 10:41:54 am »
L;KJHASDFJ I LOVE YOU
NOW IF ONLY I WASN'T ON A LIBRARY COMPUTER
AND DIDN'T HAVE TEN MINUTES TILL MY NEXT CLASS

I WAS TOTALLY GONNA STUDY RUSSIAN THIS AFTERNOON BUT I GUESS THAT'S NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3188 on: January 21, 2011, 12:19:04 pm »
......that could be a problem D:
maybe if we do a really light coat it won't... the paint on my firenation shirt doesn't crack.

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3189 on: January 21, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »
If I can chime in? In my experience, if you do a few really light coats and let the paint actually sink into the fabric, as opposed to putting on one heavier coat, it's less likely to crack. It might depend on the material you're using, but it's worked for me on stretchy fabrics before, so maybe it's worth a shot?
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
« Reply #3190 on: January 21, 2011, 12:47:05 pm »
I'll just leave this here.

I see this heavy eyeliner around a lot lately in my cosplay research excursions. How does that work? It looks cool.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3191 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:51 pm »
Felix: The paint on your fire nation shirt doesn't get knotted. ><

Emilee: Eee, you're awesome! Thank you for the suggestion.

Savannah: That was really cool. Looks like it probably took a mind-breaking amount of editing.
For that, it looks like they put white on their tear ducts and really heavy black around that with false lashes. Pretty common technique for giving yourself really huge eyes.
Generally discouraged for someone trying to make their face more masculine. Brown eyeliner>black, so it's more about keeping your eyes from getting lost on your face and less about shaping them.

I WAS GONNA SAY THIS EARLIER BUT I FORGOT. Anyway, there's an ad on a few of the bulletin boards around campus advertising Spring Awakening and every time I see it I get really excted.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3192 on: January 22, 2011, 10:59:16 pm »
HUSH HUSH, IT WAS MY FEEBLE ATTEMPT AT SAYING WHAT EMILEE SAID.

also...... AAAAAHHHHHH HOMESTUCK YOU ARE KILLING ME.
and now it'll probably cut to the kids or the exiles and we will have to WAIT to see why Gamzee is the most important character and also what will happen to Karkat and Kanaya since THEY ARE STILL IN THE ROOM WITH ERIDAN AND HE'S COMPLETELY INSANE. (and the worst Prince of Hope ever.) (though the thing about the angels was hilarious.)

......and none of that will make any sense to anyone but Malaria.

what is Spring Awakening?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3193 on: January 23, 2011, 01:20:52 am »
Spring Awakening is a musical that I will be going to see with Hashi.

GOD MODE OUTFITS FOR EVERYONE
LITTLE ADORABLE HOODIES AND <333333
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3194 on: January 23, 2011, 02:57:47 am »
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME but all their dream selves are dead and they weren't on their quest beds.
BUT MAYBE THEY WILL SOME OTHER WAY I HOPE SO.

because none of them have extra lives (as far as we know, anyway) and it would suck if half the cast died permanently D:
(but I also feel like if they did then future John wouldn't be so optimistic? but I dunno, it is John, after all)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3195 on: January 23, 2011, 12:48:14 pm »
I don't remember when or where, but Hussie said at some point that everyone in the cast dies once. I've decided that that means that they only die once, as opposed to die at least once.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3196 on: January 23, 2011, 04:42:01 pm »
Uhhh, kinda too late for that. Sollux has already died twice (his original self died when Feferi's lusus glubbed and his extra dream self died when Bec Noir destroyed the Prospit and Derse in the troll session). Dave has died at least three times (when he went back in time to stop DD from stealing the meow journal, the doomed Dave he almost killed on the quest bed but Noir killed instead, and Davesprite... I might be forgetting some other dead Daves; it's hard to keep track of them).

......I'm just imagining how ridiculous this will sound to anyone who doesn't read the comic. It greatly amuses me.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3197 on: January 23, 2011, 04:43:31 pm »
It definitely sounds ridiculous. Dont worry.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3198 on: January 23, 2011, 06:23:43 pm »
Maybe he meant in the Alpha timeline?
but even then Sollux still has two alpha deaths. :I

YOU KNOW WHAT I DON'T CARE
I'VE DECIDED THERE WILL BE GOD MODES FOR EVERYONE ANYWAY
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3199 on: January 23, 2011, 10:43:51 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AGAIN. ERIDAN WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID. D:<
you make Vriska seem sane.

I really hope there are god modes for everybody too. It just doesn't seem at all likely. :c

My friend mentioned the possibility that this is a doomed timeline, not the Alpha. That would be kind of lame though... I would be very disappointed if he wrote that. Which means we have to rely on Gamzee's mystery powers and AAAAAAAHHHH KARKAT DO SOMETHING QUICK WHILE HE'S DISTRACTED. (Karkat also has wild-card powers as the Knight of Blood.)