Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 396192 times)

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yagi: I think it does! Thanks, might come in handy when I have to make my own.

Felix: I am now officially far enough in Homestuck to get this now! That is so beautiful! <3
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:11:50 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
It looks great, Yagi! It seems really easy to follow. (Now you've got me wanting to try it, even though I have absolutely no reason to.) Nice job! <3
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
I did the cryptonigma concept. Might not be final cause I'm indecisive. You can also ignore the random sword, which I really only put there because I thought the composition was too boring and couldn't think of a better solution at the time.

Also you guys should all make refs too.
When I saw that, all I could think was "THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES, with CRYPTONIGMA, THE BOY(?) WONDER"
That could just be the massive amount of old Batman comics/TV show episodes I've read/watched within the last few months, though.  xD /going through a phase (in which Bob Kane is really cool)

So here's Short Circuit, Circuit for short.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/wingedchopstick/shortcircuitref1.png

derpy pose is derp. And those are batteries. The pockets have batteries in them, because I make them explode, like firecrackers
Those are some nifty weapons. I like the concept a lot! Would you mind explaining the outfit in more detail? I see a yellowish strip on the side of the torso, and I wonder if it is a different fabric or simply a different color?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:58:45 am by Kero-sempai »

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Just random detailing/stripe on the side. Its on the other side too. Because Ive been reading way too much Young Avengers and I liked the way it looked >>
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I was reading Kim's Young Avengers comics earlier and I just want to say that I am TOTALLY okay with being Hawkeye. She is a badass and I approve of her.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
AND DAT TAVROSCESTOR HSDKDNSKAHAHD I LOVE

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Thanks guys, I'm glad the tutorial makes sense. : D Any suggestions on places I should post it? >>

I'm not far enough in Homestuck to really understand, but that still looks awesome Felix!
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
Speaking of Homestuck, my current favorite artist/artistic rolemodel seems to have gotten involved. 8I;; And alas, I still know nothing of the events past the Mayor of Can Town and the mailman bits. ;;;

@Hashi: I had assumed as much. Oh, superhero group comics and their audacious apparel. XD Thank you for clarifying that for me~ <3

So hey, I have sort of a silly cosplay group-related question. Would any of you even give thought to cosplaying Bakuten Shoot Beyblade with me at some point in time? It'd be cooler as a group thing than as a solo endeavor, but it's fine if you guys just don't feel like it. We could run around and give people nostalgia. 8D (unless we ran into any Australians, in which case we would just get recognized. xD;; )
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:21:29 pm by Kero-sempai »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I never watched/read Beyblade. If I read and liked it, I would consider cosplaying from it.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
I watched Beyblade. Jaqua, myself, and two of our guy friends kinda had a nostalgia sing along on our way back home from OSU a couple weeks back and that was one of the theme songs we played. :3

I dunno if I'd do it, though. If I did, I might go as either Dranser or Fem!Kai.
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
That's beautiful. I can only imagine that it would make a very catchy road trip song. XD Were there Disney songs included in that set as well as older anime themes? c:
lolll of course you pick the difficult ones. Of course.

@Valeria: You can follow Nelvana's English dub easily on the internet, but it's somewhat painful to watch and listen to for long periods of time if you have an appreciation for better dubs. darn Canadians cutting out scenes and dialogue everywhere ffff
There's a few episodes here and there of the anime with Japanese audio and English subtitles around, but they take some hunting down to get to. (I think it makes up for being hard to find, though, by concentrating heavily on character interaction, so you can really come in at any time/have no idea what they're saying and still have a good idea of what's going on.)
Good luck with the manga. It's nowhere to be found scanlated, and Viz's translation is kind of everywhere at points, but it's okay for what it is.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:35:54 pm by Kero-sempai »

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Kero: I love the QWOP-playing Karkat. xD You should get caught up sometime and join our group madness! (HEY LOOK IT'S ALMOST SUMMER; PERFECT TIME FOR IT! 8D 8D 8D )
And.... yeah, never heard of that series. There are too many things I want to cosplay from as it is without doing things I'm not into. If I could find it somewhere and liked it enough I'd be willing to cosplay, providing there was a character I'd want to be. But yeah, not a huge fan of bad dubs/official translations.... <_<
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
No Disney songs. Just old animes. Like Medabots and Sailor Moon.

@Felix: Is it bad I want someone, somehow, to cosplay the guy from QWOP and have someone followin him with a keyboard?
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Tori: That's brilliant.

And the Qwop dude could periodically fall over in awful ways.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
I'm convinced that the point of that game isn't actually winning, but making him fall in the most terrible and improbable way possible. (That's the reason I play it, anyway.....)
.....yes, a Qwop cosplayer would be amazing. but only if they fell down in ridiculous ways all the time, because.... why else.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Oh my god someone cosplaying qwop dude

TEARS

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Jaqua, everything you say is funnier with that icon.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
me gusta

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
calculator

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
tax returns

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
central park

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
piglet

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
grapefruit

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
indubitably

oslapedo

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
no stop I am dying
dyyyying
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
sahara: i love you

valeria: gelatin

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
you have the face of someone who would eat melted cow hoof
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
gelatin is my favorite food

that is a lie

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
freudian slips
I know your secrets
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
DAMMIT FREUD

i mean penis

I MEAN

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
your face is a penis
the neckbeard of penises
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
i can never look at myself in a mirror the same way
ever
again
all i see is genitalia

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Try to keep the off-topic chatting in Off Topic or Chat and Posting Games.  Posts in this forum should be relevant to cosplay.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
Jaqua you spammer
you hilarious spammer you. XDDD

@Felix: I thought you'd appreciate that. xD
and homg QWOP cosplayer I am totally going to convince some guy to do that /will start bugging my brother about it

Beyblade is surprisingly obscure. Here's a link to the first episode of G-Revolution, in Japanese with English subs: [link] If you're not into it after that, I'll see if I can hunt down the battle with Brooklyn towards the end of V-Force, and if you STILL don't think very highly of it then that's cool. Battle tops just really appeal to me for some reason. xD;
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:54:10 pm by Kero-sempai »

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Man, I hope this bunny Splicer mask turns put legit.
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Hashi and Yagi: So I didn't end up getting the scholarships I thought I'd get, which means that I'll be paying for tuition again in the fall, which ultimately means that Yaoicon is looking unlikely for me. Were you guys planning on AssCreed for Sakuracon? Or just the superhero cosplays? Because if you were planning on AssCreed for Sakuracon, I'll still work on the rafiq costume, otherwise I might just forfeit the cosplay altogether if you guys aren't and work on something else.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:19:55 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Rebecca your icon. I love it. I just lskjflskdjflskdjfsdf
mariku-chan is so kawiwi

I think I'm gonna focus mainly on Claudia for Kumoricon/PAX, with Suki as my secondary focus. I really want Claudia to be amazing so even if I have to be her for an entire con, it'll be worth it. That said, we should find a con that we want to be an Asscreed con, so we have Creedcon and Supercon and EVERYTHING WILL BE HAPPY

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Jaqua: Thanks, I found a picture on tumblr that had some of the cast wearing Ottoman hats in celebration for the new game being in Constantinople/Istanbul. I fell in love.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:08:53 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
... OH MAN I KNOW WHAT PICTURE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT I THOUGHT IT SEEMED FAMILIAR

Brb making an Altair icon

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I was so close to picking the Altair one you have no idea. Made me laugh like a fool. "Give that back to Suleiman..."
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE NEW GAME BUT I LOVE YOUR ICONS

Speaking as realistic-planning pessimist, I doubt we'll be making so many superhero cosplays for Sak, not least 'cause they're a totally different kind of sewing and construction than we've done before. So I can definitely see me re-wearing AssCreed cosplay.

Jaqua if you're Claudia I have to do minstrel so I can serenade you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:31:32 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Yessssssssssssssssss BE MINSTREL, SERENADE ME
I really want to do Hawkeye for Sak now, so I'll probably plan to do that... I should be able to tone up and slim down enough to do her justice within the next ten months.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Minstrel <3

Jaqua: Is it weird that I actually really want to see a Malik cosplayer with a fez and an Altair with a huge Suleiman turban?
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
No. It is currently my main desire in life.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO AFFORD SO MANY COSPLAYS FOR KCON
BUT I'LL MAKE IT HAPPEN
BECAUSE I WANT PEOPLE TO THROW MONEY AT ME

hey Altair nice hat sorry about your penis
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
@Rebecca: That suuuucks about the scholarships. I'm sorry. : (

I'm still planning on Asscreed, either AC 1 or 2 or both, for Sak. Depending on how many other cosplays we all have finished and want to wear to Sak. I totally lucked out with the YA cosplays cuz I'm only do Speed's jailbreak outfit, not his super outfit. |D

I vote not this Kcon, but next Kcon as Creedcon. Even though that's really far in the future. But by then we might actually have all of our AssCreed cosplays done haha.

I will gladly wear a fez as Malik in order to help the two of you to achieve your current life desires. <33
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yagi: It's ok. I'm still trying so there may still be hope!

Ok! So I'll plan on working on it then. That and Bianca Solderini will be my main priority this summer.

Also yes fez!Malik <3
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:40:40 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
fez!Malik slkdfjsldkf <3333 YAGI I LOVE YOU

and your new icon is so cute lskdjf

And I thought I'd let everyone know that I have CAVED and JOINED THE SHORT HAIR CLUB sort of.

I'm sorry this picture is enormous but I'm too lazy to resize it right now