Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 396391 times)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3200 on: January 23, 2011, 11:07:48 pm »
I realized earlier today that Vriska is a modern teenage personality. Even ignoring the fact that she had to kill other trolls to live, she's like an archetype of the modern plugged-in, socially regressed person. Add to that TROLL SOCIETY and she makes perfect sense. Then I made horrified faces.

QUICK, LET'S MAKE A LIST OF LIVING TROLLS:
Eridan
Karkat
Gamzee
Nepeta
Equius

I believe that Nepeta, Gamzee and Karkat could save the universe.

I would be pretty annoyed if that's what going on.
LALALAL GODMODE OUTFITS FOR EVERYONE
Except Karkat. He will keep wearing his anti-fashion clothing because he is Karkat. And he would be so annoyed if everyone was fairies.

It doesn't seem like most of the trolls got new powers upon entering the Medium, though. Only Eridan, since Kanaya gave him the powers of SCIENCE.

I wanna cosplay from this so bad. I harbor a deep desire to cosplay all four of the kids in one of their special outfits.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3201 on: January 23, 2011, 11:34:58 pm »
you forgot Terezi, Aradia and Vriska on the 'alive' list.
also probably Sollux cause it only said KO'd when he hit the wall, not DEAD.

Tavros, Feferi, and Kanaya are the only ones confirmed dead.

and no, presumably they all received powers related to their mythical roles upon entering. Aradia (Maid of Time) had time-controlling powers like Dave's, Terezi (Seer of Mind) could understand people's thoughts or something-- she mentioned that she could use her understanding to see what choices they would make and how that effected their realities or something. Vriska can manipulate luck and Tavros wind, only wimpier than John because he's not god-tier. (though John's Windy Thing when he put out the fires was before he ascended....)

Because we've seen so little of the troll session we weren't really shown their powers, so there are a lot of wild cards among the remaining trolls. (Blood, Void, Heart, Doom (if we still have Sollux) ...and whatever Gamzee's is, which is probably very important.)
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3202 on: January 23, 2011, 11:46:24 pm »
It was sort of implied back in Hivebent that Terezi could manipulate the crap out of people pre-Sgrub, but I take your point.

I've gotten to the point where I can't even keep track of all the details even a couple updates back. Them recaps are my friend.

You could say that because John has pretty much been set up to be The Hero in this run, he gets better powers than sad Tavros.

I'm sure Gamzee's title was mentioned back when we got his world intro, I just wasn't really paying attention.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3203 on: January 24, 2011, 01:01:56 am »
No, it wasn't. It was only mentioned later, when he was talking to... Dave I think, but he forgot the last element of the title. So all we know is that he's the Bard of ???
(and the last part of the title is what determines their powers...)

.....KARKAT D:<
WHAT IS THAT
WHAT

and he's supposed to be the leader :c I was hoping he'd do something cool...
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3204 on: January 24, 2011, 10:18:18 am »
Jesus Cristo you guys
I need to read Homestuck
RIGHT NOW
what the hell are all these names, what do they meeeeaaaaaaaaan

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3205 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:04 am »
Also, Cristian decided he's gonna be an AC2 Doctor for Halloween. He is such a closet cosplayer it's crazy

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3206 on: January 24, 2011, 01:21:19 pm »
Felix: fff I have totally not been keeping good track.
I have this division of responsibilities among some friends about who has to know all the details of what particular comics. Mine is current run Batman (until I gave up) and Girl Genius. Stuff like Homestuck and Gunnerkrigg Court is just TOO HARD to keep track of.

I'm not surprised at all. When it comes down to it, Karkat is kind of a weeny. And Eridan just took down a bunch of their heavyweights.

Jaqua: It's a fact, you really do need to READ IT ALL.
However it'd probably take you at least a good week of reading in order to get to all the names we're using now. XD

Adults will be like "Hey, cool plague doctor!" and kids will be like "ASSASSIN'S CREED DOCTOR."
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3207 on: January 24, 2011, 02:40:32 pm »
The Halloween party we go to every year is attended by tons of gamers who will most likely recognize even obscure characters from various games... So he likes to go overboard and be a character from whatever game he's currently into. Right now it's AC since he got back from Venice. And actually I'm cool with that since heyyyyy I like AC as well funnily enough and so I'd help him make it awesome.

Yeah, I hear about Homestuck ALL THE TIME on 4chan because apparently it's super popular right now, so I'm just like "uhhhhhh yeah I should definitely read this"
So
I'll probably start reading that now actually
since I don't have to read the kink meme anymore

ramble ramble ramble homestuck assassins halloween 4chan

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3208 on: January 24, 2011, 03:14:09 pm »
And it's not like you don't have yourself an AC cosplay already ANYWAY.

I think it's mostly popular within a certain group of people ie the sort of people who are on 4chan.
YES READ IT READ IT RIGHT NOW.
I found the first bit of it kinda boring, but after a while it gets INTENSE.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3209 on: January 24, 2011, 03:28:01 pm »
I KNOW RIGHT and if I'm gonna be Claudia at Kumo and Ezio at Aki I'LL HAVE THREE AC COSPLAYS SO CRAZY

Yeahhhhhh I mean it's pretty cool so far, but still kinda boring. I know it gets awesome eventually which is why I'm persevering. Plus it has pretty neat music. And any webcomic that requires me to wear headphones is cool by default, I think. John is still messing with the Sylladex right now and he was just gifted John Malkovich's bunny?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3210 on: January 24, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »
YOU GET TO LEARN TO SEW LEATHER.

Oh man Sylladex shenanigans. I miss those.
Except in one of the flash games where you have to walk around as John. I kept picking up random stuff on the ground on accident, so random items from my sylladex would fly out. If I was standing in the right place, they would fly right at me, go back in the Sylladex. Then something else would fly out, hit me again, go back in, and this would go on for a while until I moved out of the way. But then I'd have to pick everything back up and then try to reorganize it by picking up STILL OTHER THINGS and rgh. This went on for a while.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3211 on: January 24, 2011, 05:22:45 pm »
YYAAYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyy oh jesus leather scares me

Hahahahahaha well I'll feel warned for when I play as John eventually? It's getting more interesting, large strange devices are being installed in my house and someone is ripping up my plumbing

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3212 on: January 24, 2011, 05:33:38 pm »
I'm sure you'll do better than me, seeing as I'm video game tarded.

ahaha TT v the intricacies of modern plumbing.
TT is awesome and you should love her.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3213 on: January 24, 2011, 05:46:15 pm »
Yeah she's pretty cool. I don't really know her very well at this point. We've just discussed how she loves knitting and writing and not puking on her bed.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3214 on: January 24, 2011, 05:54:56 pm »
What you really need to know is that she lives and breathes purple prose and Lovecraftian nonsense.
And regularly gets in rap/prose-offs with TG, who is totally a chill dude.

BUUUH KARKAT ALL THESE FEEEEILNGS ;A;

Jaqua, I think you'll kind of enjoy Karkat when you get to him. Mostly because Karkat is kind of me.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:56:27 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3215 on: January 24, 2011, 06:05:02 pm »
Jaqua, I think you'll kind of enjoy Karkat when you get to him. Mostly because Karkat is kind of me.
This is so true.

That flash was amusing because you can chuck the barbasol gusher at things and be amused when it explodes.
pity he only has one.
he should have more of those and fewer shoes.

Yeah, the beginning is weird but it gets so much better. What really helped me was that I had seen three of the videos before starting reading the comic, so I already knew how awesome it would get. (They were WV?: Rise Up, Descend, and Make Her Pay.) Also THE MUSIC AAAAHHHHHH. (I have some and I listen to it way too much like the dork I am and IT IS AWESOME.)

....also. All that weird stuff in the comic is ACTUALLY RELEVANT. ALL OF IT.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3216 on: January 24, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »
WHY DO YOU ALL HAVE TO BE SO STUPID ALL THE GRUB-LICKING TIME? WOULD IT FRAY YOUR DELICATE IGNORANCE BULGES TO ACCEPT THAT I AM ABSOLUTELY IN THE RIGHT HERE?

Man I miss back when they all had the world's worst weapons.
Except Rose. She's been terrifying this whole time.

Oh god WV?: Rise Up so goood. And any of the flashes with SS, because of the OH GOD WHY ;A;
I totally only have a few songs but I listen to them a lot. I think Sburban Jungle is possibly THE MOST PERFECT piece of music for the series as a whole.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:14:26 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3217 on: January 24, 2011, 06:48:42 pm »
/has that one

OH MAN
THE LATEST PAGE
SO
CREEPY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3218 on: January 24, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »
I just did my OH GOD CREEPY with you, but then I thought about it for a moment.
There's no way Hussie would let us off so simply. I think this'll be an ~teaching moment~ for Karkat.

This series makes me want to buy a giant tub of grey body paint and than a bunch of the blood colors.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3219 on: January 24, 2011, 07:42:43 pm »
You mean if the reason was because they weren't really dead? What sort of ~teaching moment~?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3220 on: January 24, 2011, 08:01:31 pm »
I'd say they're definitely really dead, but now Karkat's going to learn something about the game mechanics.
Or, what happens when you spend most of your time communing with terrorbeasts. If that's the case, we'll have all sorts of new reasons to go NO ROSE NOOOOOOO
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3222 on: January 24, 2011, 08:56:06 pm »
I'm really glad that I most likely won't remember any of this plot stuff in the near future when it actually becomes relevant, since right now it is basically just "nonsense nonsense nonsense look at all of this nonsense we're speaking" et cetera ad infinitum

I CANNOT SEE THE LEONARDO SINCE DEVIANTART IS AN IDIOT FOR ME RIGHT NOW (AND FOR THE LAST LIKE TWO WEEKS) FOR SOME REASON ;3; direct link?

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3223 on: January 24, 2011, 09:13:07 pm »
Yeah, makes sense.

Though whatever way you look at it 'Don't turn your back on the body' is a really really creepy thing to tell someone.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3224 on: January 24, 2011, 09:23:21 pm »
That is astonishingly creepy even/especially without context.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3225 on: January 24, 2011, 09:47:37 pm »
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/024/3/2/a_touch_of_genius_by_running_back-d37y6ut.jpg
linky link!

Haha yeah that's how I felt about it when some other friends were talking about it before I read it. I was like Y U SPOIL EVERYTHING and they were like "don't worry about it, none of this'll make sense until you actually get to it." And they were right.

It is quite creepy. Which is impressive, because if you take a lot of the series out of context, it is stunningly creepy.

I just read the newest update. Good chance that was actually the creepiest. Although I also get the sense that it was an ICP lyrics ref?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:50:11 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3226 on: January 24, 2011, 09:50:54 pm »
OH MAN ROSE JUST LOST HER CONNECTION AND JOHN'S DAD'S CAR FELL DOWN THROUGH THE CLOUDS AND I WAS LIKE "OH JESUS" AND THEN DUDE IN THE HOLE RESPONDED "RIDICULOUS FOLLY. INEXCUSABLE." AND I LOST IT, I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER

Fffffffffff dat Leo. Man I love Leonardo's outfit, I want it forever, did we decide if there was gonna be a Leo for our group? I forget.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3227 on: January 24, 2011, 09:56:21 pm »
"Rose tries to connect to Sburb" is such a great sub-arc, just because EVERYONE is the worst server player ever. FAILURES THE LOT OF THEM. But it's what makes them endearing.

Er I dunno? I admit I haven't been keeping too close of track since I'm not even bothering to make a cosplay for this.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3228 on: January 24, 2011, 10:26:45 pm »
......okay yeah
that was way creepier than the message.
Gamzee.... what is this......?

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3229 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »
That's fair. I think it's just me and Yagi and Hashi who are really excited about asscreed cosplay xD And none of us is being Leo I'm pretty sure... yeah that sounds right

I'm on sweet bro and hella jeff and oh man
oh man
THIS WEBCOMIC IS LIKE
what

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3230 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:29 pm »
Felix: Unpleasant consequences of withdrawal.
Or: Gamzee could've been a model Alternian citizen if someone had bothered to take away the gogdamn sopor slime pies.

Jaqua: I WARNED YOU BOUT STAIRS MAN
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3231 on: January 24, 2011, 11:07:34 pm »
I WANT THAT SHIRT SO BAD

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3232 on: January 24, 2011, 11:24:20 pm »
You would.

I want Rose's and John's black tee shirts. For nefarious cosplay purposes.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3233 on: January 25, 2011, 01:47:04 am »
Not gonna lie, I'd be totally tempted to cosplay Leo even if I haven't physically played the game yet (I OWN IT NOW THOUGH. THAT'S PROGRESS!) Somehow I feel like it's the most awesomely nerdy thing I could ever do.

Also holy crap I just reread all of Hanna AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR COSPLAY SHENANIGANS. I guess I need to figure out how I'm doing fem!Lamont even if it's a total closet cosplay. This is gonna be so amazing.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Homestuck geeking.
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3234 on: January 25, 2011, 01:59:02 am »
YES HANNA SHENANIGANS
all the planning Hashi and I got done on the Sak forums has made me REALLY PUMPED for Sak. Now I just gotta actually do my stuff.

I feel like you have any nice, stern business casual, that could be it. Especially if you have a skirtsuit and some low heels.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3235 on: January 25, 2011, 02:04:52 am »
Hmm, I should probably go on the Sak forums... ever. Odds that I'll actually remember to: approximately 2%. I wish all business could be conducted over LJ and DeviantART.

And I have so much business casual it's crazy. I guess I need to buy heels again though. Augh, shoe shopping... XD
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3236 on: January 25, 2011, 02:37:05 am »
They're so dead, I'm not sure you could learn much from them.
BUT SPEAKING OF SAK. I can't remember if you're one of the people staying with us in the room this year, or if you're staying with your siblings or what.

As long as you have "I am a serious adult" shoes, it should be all good.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3237 on: January 25, 2011, 02:42:14 am »
Nah, my siblings aren't going this year. I was actually going to ask if you had room! If not, I have Seattle friends whose couch I could probably crash on, but since I'm invading your cosplay groups it would be super convenient. :D

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3238 on: January 25, 2011, 02:46:08 am »
Right now I think we have a crapton of people, but it would be nice if you were right there anyway. It depends on how much you wanna room with like eight other people. Which sounds like a horrorshow, I know, but it's a free room. We're just covering parking and maybe-possibly the cost of getting the hotel to give is a microwave and fridge. Still gotta check on that.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3239 on: January 25, 2011, 02:51:20 am »
I almost always stay in crowded hotels at cons (once we had eight people crammed into my friend's tiny dorm room -- good life choices), so that actually doesn't sound so bad. And I especially can't complain if it's free. Anyway, I'd love to stay with you guys if that's cool with you! <3

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3240 on: January 25, 2011, 09:19:17 am »
I actually miss former Gamzee even though reading his typing quirk was painful. The new version is just. Terrifying. D:

and speaking of Sak
I have no motivation to work on anything
I'm worried about being able to finish even one cosplay on time
and I think I should make the Yukio coat from scratch instead of trying to alter the one I have because that's turning out to be a huge bitch....
but I have no access to fabric stores.
........All I can do to work on that costume is make ties. D:
And I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't have more than one costume.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3241 on: January 25, 2011, 11:34:57 am »
FFFFFFFFFFFFF Emilee you're joining our asscreed silliness REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU ARE, IT IS HAPPENING, we will recruit you

Holy snap you guys the music in homestuck
THE MUSIC IN HOMESTUCK
I can't turn pages sometimes because there's fight music going on and I love it and I can't bear to turn it off
I'm stuck where Rose is fighting her mother because THE MUSIC
HHHNNNNGGGGG DAT 8-BIT

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3242 on: January 25, 2011, 12:14:49 pm »
And I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't have more than one costume.

Same. I just can't afford anything on top of paying for tuition and my ticket. So I'll probably just be doing one too :/
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3243 on: January 25, 2011, 12:53:23 pm »
Guys I made it safe to eugene after some crazy adventures involving hobos and befriending old ladies.

ALSO IM EXCITED FOR SAK. but I need to register. and start sewing. because yeah, Mephisto.. Mandelaide will be easy. But I do want to re-work some of Jets armor, at least the arm guards, and maybe over summer redo .. all of it so i can burn and bloody up the old one

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3244 on: January 25, 2011, 02:25:52 pm »
Yayyyyyyy I'm glad you're safe! You should let me come over so we can work on Mephisto and June together. Then I can steal your sewing machine while you're reworking Jet's armor 8D It will be glorious and productive.

@Felix and Rebecca: Well hey as long as you guys can make it at all it's totes cool. Cosplay is fun but the real fun of cons (for me at least) is just hanging out with everyone there. So we'll all have a bro time regardless of what we're wearing.

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3245 on: January 25, 2011, 02:31:33 pm »
Pffff you guys are making me jealous that I don't have any more annoying sewing projects to work on for Sakuracon. XD I still need to figure out a third cosplay, though... so I'm probably speaking too soon.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3246 on: January 25, 2011, 02:47:39 pm »
I'm not even 100% sure I can go yet... I don't know what my classes are for next term. D:

.....jealous? what? I wish everything was done cause then I wouldn't have to worry about finishing.

Jaqua: you can listen to all the music here! --> http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/
(I think this is the one you're talking about? http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/aggrieve )

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3247 on: January 25, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOO YOU WILL GO WITH US, IT WILL BE AWESOME

Samesies though. I don't really like making cosplay. I just like wearing it. :| So I'd enjoy the process more if I was just like "COSPLAY BE DONE" and then the cosplay would go "POOF" and be done and it would be awesome!

YAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYY BRB HOMESTUCK MUSIC, SO GOOD

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3248 on: January 25, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »
:B
it's sooo goooooood

it's not that I don't like making it, it's just that I have no motivation to do so. :c
it's a lot easier to motivate myself when I'm hanging out with other people who cosplay...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3249 on: January 25, 2011, 05:30:26 pm »
Rebecca and Felix: It's okay! Life happens. Like Jaqua said, I'm more interested in having friends to hang out with than a complete cosplay group.

but
FELIX CLASSES ARE NOT A REASON NOT TO COME TO SAKURACON. You'd only be missing... two days... minimum.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man