Author Topic: Need help! Please give your opinion?  (Read 1825 times)

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
Need help! Please give your opinion?
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:13:42 pm »
Is this dress better suited for madame red or ciel phantomhive when he has to crossdress?*
Your opinion (to anyone familiar with the series) would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning more towards madame red, mainly because i think i could pull her off better than ciel phantomhive. my hair is red, and while i could wear a wig, it wouldn't be as convincing. If i did do Mme red, i was thinking of doing the look where she has a knife in her hands and is crying; I can do the crying/mascara effect pretty decently (i tried it earlier today to see for myself  ;D)

*both are from 黒執事, also known as Kuroshitsuji or black butler
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

oslapedo

Re: Need help! Please give your opinion?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:44:41 pm »
It looks like Ciel's dress only red....

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »
It looks like Ciel's dress only red....

basically, it is, but i'm now wondering if it could pass as part of a madame red costume?
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 05:47:39 pm »
I don't know anything about this anime but I just wanted to comment and say I love that dress.  So regardless of whether or not it's accurate or whatever, if you wear it at Kcon 10 except to get asked for a picture by me. xD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 05:58:39 pm »
I don't know anything about this anime but I just wanted to comment and say I love that dress.  So regardless of whether or not it's accurate or whatever, if you wear it at Kcon 10 except to get asked for a picture by me. xD

aw, thanks  ;)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 08:17:13 pm »
The trap!Ciel dress is really iconically pink, so I'd normally say Madame Red immediately, but that styling is exactly like Ciel's. That is Madame Red and Ciel's terrifying baby. Or Ciel dyed red.

For the hair, I'd definitely recommend you get a wig unless your hair is literally flaming red and you'd be willing to style it as severely as Madame Red does. Those kinds of bangs tend to get disheveled really easily. If you use your real hair, you'd be dumping product into it every day. A wig would ensure that you had exactly the right shade and style every time.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:51:53 pm »
The trap!Ciel dress is really iconically pink, so I'd normally say Madame Red immediately, but that styling is exactly like Ciel's. That is Madame Red and Ciel's terrifying baby. Or Ciel dyed red.

For the hair, I'd definitely recommend you get a wig unless your hair is literally flaming red and you'd be willing to style it as severely as Madame Red does. Those kinds of bangs tend to get disheveled really easily. If you use your real hair, you'd be dumping product into it every day. A wig would ensure that you had exactly the right shade and style every time.

i have red hair (natural color) and i was thinking.......what if i did a younger version of Mme red? like, when her hair was longer and she was starting to like red because of the guy she loves? i REALLY love this dress, and i totally want to use it......but i also want a character i'm doing with it to look good too. Decisions, decisions......  :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 03:56:57 pm by lover-of-the-pepsi »

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 05:49:20 pm »
yay, i finally found a pic where he wears the red dress (even though i admit it is from diviant art.....)