Author Topic: What makes a person attractive to you?  (Read 74226 times)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Re: What makes a person attractive to you?
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2010, 03:01:24 pm »
lol I can't cook either but I want to learn so I can make food for my man when I get older.
And I can sew, just not amazingly well...
And I'm allergic to Ammonia so I can't use cleaning chemicals... :/

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2010, 03:03:30 pm »
That's what frozen dinner and mac 'n cheese are for~ : D
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2010, 03:06:20 pm »
Hey, I make a good pot of Mac n' Cheese! ;D
And I have a rice cooker that I can toss in the microwave for 6 minutes for some good rice.

I can cook if it has directions but I can't make stuff from scratch for anything. :/

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2010, 03:17:38 pm »
If you can do that, you can impress a man!
Making things from scratch is difficult. I can only bake things from scratch. >.<
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2010, 03:23:27 pm »
I make stuff for girls.... but they never seem to be impressed, instead they sit on me and poke me....
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »
I have a goal. I said that I would never learn to cook because I can already sew and clean, and knowing how to cook would make me a house-wife which is the one thing in this world I never want to be.
I think the idea of learning to cook just so you can cook for your man is sexist to the max. If I was with a man (which I am not) then I would want to trade off evenly with him.

I guess that's one thing I like in a person, someone who realizes that we are equal, and that a lot of the time I can keep up. I don't like being babied. I hate it. Even if that means I have to initiate things, so be it.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

oslapedo

« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2010, 06:17:33 pm »
Cooking is a good skill, yo, especially when you're poor and have to improvise.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2010, 06:17:59 pm »
How is that sexist?  ^^  You want to be able to do something for someone you care about.  The only time I think something is sexist is if you try to say "because you're such and such gender, you must do this."

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2010, 06:32:59 pm »
Eh being a housewife is more of a choice, just because you have a certain skill set people may label you as something, but they can't tell you who you are

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #259 on: August 17, 2010, 07:22:49 pm »
It's not really sexist in my opinion, unless if it becomes the "woman's duty" to do certain things. Even in the man's case of it being a "man's job" to go out and make all of the money. No pressure there, amirite? Lol. And honestly, I've met some women who just want to be housewives (and men who want to be stay-at-home dads). So long as they are able to work together cooperatively with their significant other, it's their relationship. If it makes them happy, cool!
For me, I don't mind cooking and cleaning, so long as it's not my designated role. Sometimes it's really nice when he makes dinner or something. I also like to take him out every so often, because I don't feel that it's his responsibility to pay for everything. Lately I've been doing more of the chores around here though because I'm still job hunting and he's been working full-time. So, basically I do my part and help out where I can atm. What's important here is that I would expect the same if our situations were switched~
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #260 on: August 17, 2010, 07:28:46 pm »
I agree.  Whatever you choose, as long as you know, it's reasonable, your partner should be willing to work with, accommodate you, etc.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2010, 11:55:19 pm »
My dad cooks, cleans, and can sew.
He's not a house wife. : P
He actually has a girlfriend that does nothing whatsoever to help out around the house. >_<

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2010, 11:55:28 pm »
I want someone that I can use as a body pillow while I watch anime =/
You too?  I love being clung/clinging to someone!  Its so warm.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2010, 11:59:54 pm »
I think the idea of learning to cook just so you can cook for your man is sexist to the max.

D': I'm sexist?
I just...want to be able to make a nice dinner for the person I love.
I know a woman's place isn't really in the kitchen and I can't cook for crap on my own but I just want to be able to show them I care enough to spend more than five minutes sticking something in the oven or microwave.
I think it would be romantic to cook a meal for the person I love and have them come home from work to see everything ready for them.
Not because I'm a woman but because I love them. With my major in particular, it will be hard for me to find work based on it so most of my time I would probably be a housewife unless I end up working at something small that I wouldn't love. I would hope I could find a husband who would let me aim for my dreams. This would leave me at home most of the time so I would want to do special things for them to show that I appreciate them letting me live out my dream.

And even if I'm not a housewife, I would still want to cook for them because it's special. It's something I spent time working on just for them.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:10 am »
Aww gryff, you can cook for me any time you want hun. <3

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #265 on: August 18, 2010, 05:41:05 pm »
Cooking with your partner can be a lot of fun. At Least as long as they aren't kitchen nazis.

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2010, 07:18:41 pm »
Aww gryff, you can cook for me any time you want hun. <3
That's a bit presumptuous of you, don't you think? O_o

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2010, 08:05:42 pm »
Well, honestly, what's going to attract me to a person first is how he looks. Is he hot, and/or does he look like he knows how to take care of himself? Then heck yes I want to get to know him. Does he look like he lives in a basement and doesn't own shampoo or a razor? I'm going to turn the other way. Whether or not someone takes pride in their appearance says a lot about them, emotionally: if they want to look good and take the time and effort to do so, they probably have self-confidence and pride in themselves and that's pretty hot. Plus I like to look my best and I appreciate if the guy I'm with is the same way.
Purely physically I think my ideal man would be tall and muscular (not too beefy, but I do like biceps, pectorals, back muscles, and dem thighs... so basically, professional soccer player build; yes I am still in World Cup mentality) with broader shoulders, curly/wavy blonde hair cut relatively short, and dark eyes. Dimples are adorable and I really like nice hands and forearms. Mentally I like someone who doesn't take themselves seriously and who can laugh at just about anything. I'm not a serious person and I don't want to be dragged down by someone who feels they need to be. Nerdiness is a huge bonus, but it has to be the right kind of nerdiness: I'm more a fan of western nerdstuff in general and I'm not really into anime at all. If he likes anime like Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo then that's badass, cuz that's like... Manly anime? And that's chill. I don't think I'd exactly be turned on if he was all into Tokyo Mew Mew or whatever. But stuff like Star Wars, Star Trek, Venture Brothers, superheroes, comic books, that's all awesome and if he was big into that I would jump for joy (probably literally). Intelligence is also a huge thing, but not just booksmarts, since I like a man who's socially intelligent as well. I hate it when I'm with someone and I'm talking to people, and I feel like they're all awkward because they don't know how to socialize. And finally, just having a good sense of humor and personality that meshes well with mine is awesome. I want to feel like my dude and I have a total bromance, except that I'm a chick. If I feel like he respects me as a friend in addition to a girlfriend then I'm going to like him that much more.
Bonuses: I'm not clingy. I don't want him to be. He needs to be fine with me running off to do things by myself, and needs to feel fine doing the same. Also, I'm pretty atheist, and would like if he were the same or similar (but really, as long as he's not going to try and get me to go to church with him or pray or whatever I'm probably fine).

tl;dr My ideal man is Sherlock Holmes with like 20lbs more muscle

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2010, 08:06:11 pm »
Omg I typed a novel sorry everyone

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2010, 09:40:02 pm »
If this fool was real then the search for my dream man would be over....

Curse you Bioware for making such attractive character designs!  :o
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2010, 09:50:07 pm »

Thats me btw =P

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2010, 11:46:07 pm »
^/touches

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2010, 02:48:25 am »

Thats me btw =P

No, Fox, that is not you. you are gary oak

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2010, 03:03:19 am »
Neon - You wish. XD

Anyways...
Men are nice, ya know?
And I mean men, not boys. I don't like pansy guys. I'll get my own ass out of the castle, thank you.
Not that I don't like a protective guy but most guys now a days are just...weak. It's kind of pathetic really. I only hate chivalry because guys use it as some kind of manly standing. I would take a guy who is strong and a slob over a guy who opens my door and can't fight for himself any day.
Also, I've recently noticed a lot of guys I know are chance seekers. They wait until you say something you like and then they go, "Oh wow, I like that, too! 8D" even though it contradicts things they have said before. So now I don't talk about what I like that much because I expect guys to go, "Oh hai! I love shooting guns despite the fact five minutes ago I said guns kill people. They r cul nao!"
But hey, if a guy wants to be chivalrous I have no issues with it as long as I'm not pampered like a princess.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2010, 08:23:00 am »
My friend told me I'm too picky. D:

(Also, my maybe-date went okay and we're gunna go to the park next week :))

I think I don't know what I'm looking for until there's a possible candidate before me. I'm trying to be LESS picky and not so quick to say no, I had a lot of fun on Tuesday and so so far it's working out for me.
I miss 2010.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2010, 09:24:55 am »
There's nothing wrong with being picky Demony... when I was in high school I had this view that if a guy asked me on a date it was only polite to agree to at least one. Seems nice, but honestly it put me in so many akward and miserable positions. Then finally some day a guy friend of mine made the point that it wasn't my DUTY to date people.... been fairly picky ever since.

Granted I don't go out on dates very often, but I know I'd rather wait for someone I actually feel attracted to than just waste time with someone I know I'm not interested in, it's not really fair to them or me.

I'm like you though, I'm not really sure until the opportunity arises whether a person is right for me or not.

@Neon: I will not be fooled by you! lol. I suppose the search continues for my Bioware dream-man. 

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2010, 09:44:51 am »
=( Give me a few years, I age like a god ;_;

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2010, 09:56:15 am »
._. when was the last time i went on a date...... i want one bad ;_; then again dates are realy uncomfortable... meh xD
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2010, 12:21:02 pm »
It really helps make it not-awkward if you're friends first. :)
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2010, 12:34:38 pm »
^ sometimes it makes it more awkward...
It is going to be...

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2010, 12:46:22 pm »
I really just need to start going on dates more.... my problem is they always seem to go well, and then a few days later things just get weird and full of drama (last guy I went on a date with things actually got weird DURING the date... ever been cornered by two angry girls? It's terrifying I tell ya.) I have really low tolerance for drama though so once guys start acting that way I normally just cut my losses and bail.

I don't mind though, I'm honestly too busy to actually have a relationship of any kind right now, but having a smart/attractive guy to hang out with wouldn't be terrible.  ;)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2010, 06:00:36 pm »
I'm too annoying to date people. = . =
I don't really have much going for me, and I always try to be someone I'm not so people will like me.
I'm totally gonna die alone hurdur

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #282 on: August 19, 2010, 06:12:10 pm »
You'll figure it out Shay.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2010, 06:15:12 pm »
Shay YOU ARE CRAZY. I've never met anyone who had a bad word to say about you, everyone loves you, so there!
I miss 2010.

Offline Sakurakisser

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2010, 06:19:10 pm »
hey did kumoricon every did a cosplay speed dating event? cause i mean that sounds like a fun thing.. but im married now. lmao. but still sounds fun!

okay so the thing that attracts me to guys are their eyes. but of course their personality.. the guy im married to is actually the least expected candidate. rofl. he is super dorky and nerdy, playing his mmo's and collecting all these animes. lol, so its just expect the unexpected.
"Be what you would seem to be or, if you'd like it put more simply. Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared"

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2010, 06:58:42 pm »
I'll get my own ass out of the castle, thank you.

WIN.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2010, 07:28:13 pm »
Is anybody on here attracted to people with no soul...?
Cause I qualify for that one.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2010, 07:36:16 pm »
I like you, Shay! I think you're so funny!
I'm a poser a lot of the time too, but I try so hard to be myself with Amy...
It is going to be...

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2010, 07:39:00 pm »
Mm, funny won't get me anywhere in life. = u =
But thank you, I lovers you Katie. ;-;

That's sweet, you two are adowable. *u*

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2010, 07:40:26 pm »
x3 Thanks~
I can't see someone not liking you o.O
It is going to be...

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2010, 08:07:27 pm »
Lots of perfectly lovable people don't get love :c

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2010, 08:37:07 pm »
Is anybody on here attracted to people with no soul...?
Cause I qualify for that one.

I like you on the principle that you take such cute pictures of yourself alone XD

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2010, 08:40:48 pm »
Oh yesh, I am good at photography.
No reason to be liked though. :<

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:42 pm »
Well, I dont settle for second best, i've had two girlfriends in my 25 years because I know what I like. Physically.... A girl with a great smile, and bright eyes. at Least as fit as me. Red hair is a plus, as jessica rabbit was my first crush, but not necessary. She should want to do things as a couple like maybe learn swing dancing or something. She should have a great imagination and the ability to put herself in other people's shoes for arguments, if not more. She should be able to take a compliment and not fish for them. Finally, always be looking to better herself, and surprise me with her talents, abilities, or thoughts, i like being kept on my toes.

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2010, 10:55:40 pm »
are you kidding me? every girl i've ever been interested in became a friend, and unfortunately for me, that's how it's always stayed.....

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2010, 11:00:00 pm »
are you kidding me? every girl i've ever been interested in became a friend, and unfortunately for me, that's how it's always stayed.....

Yeah,being put in the friend spot generally seals the deal.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2010, 11:09:45 pm »
I don't understand why people think that this whole 'friend zone' thing is legit. ;O
If you're gonna act like a friend, you will be my friend, and if you start acting differently, more like a boyfriend would, then maybe things will work out and I will fall in love with you lololol
All I'm saying is that people's opinions of other people change over time~

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2010, 11:20:36 pm »
people remember what you say, what you do, but more importantly how you make them feel, so it stands to logic friends generally remain friends. It goes with the whole "brittany, you're one of the guys" its not every case, there are always exceptions. But its more often right than wrong.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2010, 11:23:08 pm »
Well I believe that anything can happen, and so if you like a girl that's your friend, don't assume you'll always be friends!
DO SOMETHING TO MAKE HER LOVE YOUUUUU.
[/end caps]
xD

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2010, 11:29:50 pm »
Well I believe that anything can happen, and so if you like a girl that's your friend, don't assume you'll always be friends!
DO SOMETHING TO MAKE HER LOVE YOUUUUU.
[/end caps]
xD

All I can say to that is... Never lose that optimism, its great!