Author Topic: Makeup Thread  (Read 20302 times)

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
Re: Makeup Thread
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 11:17:23 pm »
ask me for tips, i'm kind of a makeup geek/nerd/guru/thing MAKEUP IS NEEDED IN COSPLAY IMSRS

I think I just suck at applying makeup period D:

Like eyeshadow, with me it's always too light or too dark so i gave up on it. XD

I can do eyeliner just fine, it's just the eyeshadow that seems to be the very bane of my existence.

@ Meep: pointers and tips would be welcome <3 you are entirely too nice to me D:

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 11:25:49 pm »
also Dana could I get that liner at a drugstore? o3o
also what brand is it...? o3o

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 11:40:48 pm »
also Dana could I get that liner at a drugstore? o3o
also what brand is it...? o3o

It's L.A. Girl~
I found it at fuego (Clackamas), but I'm not sure if they sell it anywhere else~
I can go to fuego.
Or I could always look up the brand online
Thanks!

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2010, 03:02:58 pm »
My message to everyone:

MAKEUP MAKES A FREAKING HUGE DIFFERENCE. USE IT.

[ADORABLE IMAGE]

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 03:08:43 pm »
My message to everyone:

[ADORABLE IMAGE]
[image]
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT D:<

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2010, 03:11:11 pm »
My message to everyone:

[ADORABLE IMAGE]
[image]
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT D:<
LOL RLY?
I saw it on tumblr this morning XDD

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2010, 05:50:04 pm »
Meep, can you help me with eyeliner? I'm cosplaying this character

and I can't do my eyeliner right D:<

Offline 66stripedboots

• Chibi
    • da
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2010, 06:21:28 pm »
My message to everyone:

[ADORABLE IMAGE]
IMAGE HERE REMOVED :)

woah!! I'm sure if i put make up on one eye it would look like this!

Visit my DA! http://butteredtoasttt.deviantart.com/
●▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬●
K-Con Cosplays ☆ {{Panty from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt<10%> ☆{{Kirigakure from Ao No Exorcist <10%>☆{{Ex-Boyfriend from Just Be Friends <10%>

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2010, 06:39:01 pm »
yea that image is pretty shocking o3o

oh and Soramunesanzun
probably try using some brown pencil liner ummm dont put on thick lines... just thin.. probably on the bottom waterline and right above your eyelashes on the top lid
also some mascara but dont over do it

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2010, 10:20:22 pm »
Thanks, man!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2010, 05:46:18 pm »
I fail as the make-up type wearing girl, so I has some questions >.>

I have a HUGE problem with mascara. No matter what I've bought in the past (dont ask me I dont really keep track of that kind of stuff) I always get racoon eyes by the end of the night. Is there anything that can last me through a con?

Also, I'm looking for a lipgloss/stick that will last for hours. I bought something once (dont remember it) it was a lipstick that you put some clear gloss over and it wouldn't come off unless you let it wear off a couple days or got the remover. I need something like that.

And finally, I need a good concealer and never used or bought it before. Same with a highlight pencil. And whats the difference between foundation and powder? I know theres liquid AND powder foundation... (prefers powder foundation)

All suggestions must be limited to the confines of the cheapness that is WalMart.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2010, 08:25:40 pm »
I fail as the make-up type wearing girl, so I has some questions >.>

I have a HUGE problem with mascara. No matter what I've bought in the past (dont ask me I dont really keep track of that kind of stuff) I always get racoon eyes by the end of the night. Is there anything that can last me through a con?

Also, I'm looking for a lipgloss/stick that will last for hours. I bought something once (dont remember it) it was a lipstick that you put some clear gloss over and it wouldn't come off unless you let it wear off a couple days or got the remover. I need something like that.

And finally, I need a good concealer and never used or bought it before. Same with a highlight pencil. And whats the difference between foundation and powder? I know theres liquid AND powder foundation... (prefers powder foundation)

All suggestions must be limited to the confines of the cheapness that is WalMart.

For mascara try either a waterproof formula or fake eyelashes?

There is no way to get lipgloss to stay on for hours and hours. Probably a matte lipstick that stains would work the best. But for gloss/shine you have to keep re applying

Foundation: use liquid then put the powder on to set it.

SPEAKING OF FAKE LASHES I FINALLY WENT OUT AND BOUGHT SOME! :D
I love them!
You can get them for a 1$ or 3$ at target depending on the kit you buy. (I bought the 1$ one)

They come in/with a case so you can store everything!

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2010, 08:42:20 pm »
HOLY SHI MEEP
DID THEY UPGRADE THE ELF LASHES TRAY THING AND GLUE??
BRB GOING THERE TOMORROW
UM IT WAS SOME OTHER BRAND BUT THE SAME PRICE LOL AND ON THE SAME RACK (I THREW AWAY THE PACKAGING SO...)

I still have your purdy nails XD

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2010, 08:56:47 pm »
yeah that was something else lololol
I had to buy some other stuff too XD

Offline ainekatt

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2010, 11:10:22 pm »
Ok, here's a weird question. How do I lighten my eyebrows? Mine are fairly dark and I'm planning to cosplay a blond character. Advice?

I always bleach my eyebrows with the face safe bleach that like, middle aged ladies use for their tiny mustaches, and then pencil in with eyebrow pencil whatever colour they're supposed to be for each costume.

Currently working on: Toni Ipres - Hanna is Not a Boy's Name

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2010, 11:14:14 pm »
Oh! Speaking of eyebrows, what about making blond eyebrows thicker for a male character? I'm cosplaying Zell, and I have blond eyebrows, I just need to know what I should do to make them thicker? ???
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Emirintan

• Sailor Scout
    • My Facebook <:
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2010, 04:10:49 am »
Um.. I'm kind of new to using makeup (I use foundation/concealer daily, but I mean mascara/eyeliner, etc)
Anyway, I was wondering since I've always had trouble getting eyeliner off, what are the best makeup removers?

And also wondering on recommendations for eyeliner/mascara and nude colored lipstick/gloss? And where to get them, please ;w;
Kumori-Con 2010 Cosplays

{ Vincent Nightray ; 90%
{ Megurine Luka   ; 75%

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2010, 11:05:18 am »
what are the best makeup removers?

And also wondering on recommendations for eyeliner/mascara and nude colored lipstick/gloss? And where to get them, please ;w;

DRUGSTORE STUFF IS THE BEST. (or target lol)

As for makeup removers, you want to be very gentle with your eyes. You could buy a drugstore brand. But I like using olive oil to remove make up. It gets it off the best and Is natural.
Just get a cotton pad, dab it in some olive oil, close your eyes and wipe off the makeup.
-washing your face afterwards recommended-

Offline Emirintan

• Sailor Scout
    • My Facebook <:
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2010, 12:18:58 pm »
@Meep; Thanks~ I'll definitely follow your advice c:
Kumori-Con 2010 Cosplays

{ Vincent Nightray ; 90%
{ Megurine Luka   ; 75%

Offline Vexenification

• Chibi
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2010, 01:18:02 pm »

what are the best makeup removers?

Baby Wipes! Even the dry ones! Okay, know what your thinking, (okay, maybe I don't) but unscented baby wipes are what I use to get all that eyeliner and whatever else I've used on my face off. It's gotten lipstick, foundation, CoverGrey, and eyeliner out of my eyebrows and of my face. <3 That stuff.

I'm having the same problem as sound, but I have really dark eyebrows, I covered them with the new bottle of CoverGrey I got and the lightest they got was matching my original hair colour, light brown. Or should I just add something on top of them after I apply cover grey? (I ask way too many questions ^^;)
Fem!Eleven, Vexen, Animal Crossing
#Richard Brooks was Real

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »
Got bored. Have before and after pics! o:
Before: no makeup, no smile. Not even a notsmile. just... slack face. Looks pretty dumb.

After. Makeup, smile, good use of lighting in the room.

So basically, makeup can do a lot, but it can only take you so far. Read up on posing and such if you want good pictures :D

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2010, 11:05:16 pm »
Okay, so I have a question for you guys orrr.. more of looking for suggestions.
I'm not good with makeup, at all.
I don't usually wear it and I am doing Magnet Miku and Wendy Testaburger.
They both have pretty basic makeup and I wondered how to go about that.
But make it stand out, ya know?
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2010, 11:42:52 pm »
Oh! Speaking of eyebrows, what about making blond eyebrows thicker for a male character? I'm cosplaying Zell, and I have blond eyebrows, I just need to know what I should do to make them thicker? ???

I would get a brown eyebrow pencil and fill in your eyebrows. After this, look at your character. Since it's a video game, obviously they look nice and neat but if he was a real guy would they be a bit out of whack and wild like most guys? (Some guys have pretty nice brows but most are just ugh.)
If you want a smooth look, just gradually outline your eyebrows little by little with the pencil until you get the desired thickness.
If you want a bushy look, take the pencil and kind of draw wild lines. Don't go overboard! Just like a few little lines to make it look unruly. How many lines you do changes the style of the look. I would say to practice in your bathroom until you get the desired look.

So, put on your wig and do all your make up and then do one eyebrow one way and the other the other way. Cover half your face and look at one side then the other. See which you like best then wash off the side you like least and try another if you have another option.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2010, 04:05:05 pm »
Alright! Thanks Dana! <3
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2010, 12:27:08 am »
So it goes.... concealer/liquid cover/ powder cover.....

Whats the best cover up for shinyness? I always get shiny -__- not appealing in cosplay pics.

And about those fake eyelashes, I think I would rather deal with those then messing with mascara (mascara just hates me!) is one pair reusable or to you need a new pair for every day? I do have very wattery eyes I guess, I'm going to really have to try hard NOT to rub them during the con no matter what I get.

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2010, 12:34:59 am »
So it goes.... concealer/liquid cover/ powder cover.....

Whats the best cover up for shinyness? I always get shiny -__- not appealing in cosplay pics.

And about those fake eyelashes, I think I would rather deal with those then messing with mascara (mascara just hates me!) is one pair reusable or to you need a new pair for every day? I do have very wattery eyes I guess, I'm going to really have to try hard NOT to rub them during the con no matter what I get.

shiny stuff=too much oil in skin
dont use oil based stuff or anything with sun protection in it

lashes are reusable. just makesure you take care of the well.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2010, 12:37:13 am »
Is there a trick to putting them on and taking them off
I've heard stuff before like you can pull off your original lashes and what not. *creepy*

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:40 am »
I am trying to find a good foundation. I had acne when I was in high school so I have quite a few scars on my face so I need something thick to fill those in. What is everyone favorite foundation and why? This will help me try to find a new one. :D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2010, 12:30:17 pm »
Asking for some help here before I go to my other favorite resource.

So my boyfriend and I are really upping our Baccano! cosplays. I've got mine done but we need to work on his Isaac a little

One of those things we need to work on is his eyebrows and sideburns. He doesn't want to wear a wig yet because his hat covers up most everything anyways (He's never worn a wig before and I don't want to put him through cowboy hat and wig all day), but we do need to replicate the parts that stick out. I was thinking about using eye shadow but I'm worried it would smudge everywhere. Do anyone have any ideas on what we could use? Money isn't a problem.
Also, I don't do men's makeup much but if anyone has any other suggestions like...doing that contour stuff of shading things that would be cool too.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:31:05 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2010, 11:12:22 pm »
Boogie, I wonder if you can get a rough sponge or brush and use that for extra hair effects. It would be worth a shot. Just buy a crappy bristle brush and mush up some eyeliner. Dab it in, make short strokes on the cheek, and that should look like hair or close.

Or you can go to Freddies and try for the $.25 machines for an adhesive sideburn. XD You'd probably end up with some sort of awesome mustache instead.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2010, 08:33:43 am »
You could also go to the Halloween store in Beaverton to get spirit come and crept hair. It comes in a braid and you cut what you need off and spirit gum it to yourself. http://www.mehron.com/Crepe_Hair_p/120.htm I know one Halloween store has it (I was at Halloween Warehouse yesterday and didn't see it but that doesn't mean it isn't there).

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2010, 05:57:57 pm »
Boogie
Adding onto Nikki's post about the Crept hair...when you get it, get some "mesh" backing. Spirit Gum the hair to this backing in the style you want it and then gum the backing to your face. Then, you can keep the side burns for later use and you don't have to completely remake them. And if stuff falls out, it's an easy fix.
This how how the costume mistress made my beard and mustache for a play. (I know it looks weird but on stage the colors all go together and work really well in the beard. It just looks weird up close and off stage. |D) But this gave me the ability to wear it every day I needed to without restyling or worrying about it being out of place because the backing held it all together.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2010, 06:18:01 pm »
ughh, i need idea's and help on making or figuring out Cross's darn facial hair
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2010, 12:58:39 pm »
Clap
Buy red crept hair and if they don't have that then just trim your wig a LITTLE bit and use that so it's the same color.
Buy backing and then gum it on and then to your face.
If you get the backing then I can do the rest. Just remind me to bring my spirit gum to K-Con and we can do it in my room...

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2010, 01:10:33 am »
ah . i'll talk to my mom. she had a idea actually that I didn't bother to listen to ;;

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2010, 11:34:03 pm »
Alright, I bought some stuff and tried it for the first time. It took waaayyyy longer than it needed too -____-

Fake eyelashes- yes or no? Other tips? lighting sucks btw. Which one do you guys think would be better for my character, she is young like 15.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:13:53 am by kimiski »

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2010, 09:10:45 am »
Alright, I bought some stuff and tried it for the first time. It took waaayyyy longer than it needed too -____-

Fake eyelashes- yes or no? Other tips? lighting sucks btw. Which one do you guys think would be better for my character, she is young like 15.

Hey, looks really good. For young characters I recommend the fake eyelashes & eye liner like you've done. I also recommend more blush and making the lip area smaller. Use a concealer stick and lip liner pencil to outline the lips bringing the edges down sooner than your natural line and filling in the lips with a brush from your lipstick colour. This gives the young girl image.
Slightly lighter colours for eyeshadow, blush and lipstick also give you a younger girl impression, so playing with colours is useful.

Hope that helps,
Ja ne
Kato
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:11:20 am by Kato_Shiroi »
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2010, 09:17:48 am »
I think all cosplayers should wear makeup. Even guys.
xDD
Agreed.

Unless they already fit the character.

Frankly, guys wearing eye makeup would scare me. o.o

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2010, 09:32:27 am »
xDD
Agreed.

Lol, well guess you're going to be scared as I wear makeup for all my cosplays both girl characters and guy characters.
I did theater in college and have separate makeup sets for each of my characters (it's also hideously expensive I can assure you)
As a cosplayer you're trying to copy a 2 dimensional drawn character. In order to do that you have to mimic what the artist drew and actually flatten your features a bit and even out skin tones which by nature are not even in real life.
I have helped organize and been part of several Crossplay panels at Sakuracon and last year at Kumori. We talk alot about makeup and other techniques for copying characters no matter what the gender.

So yeah, from my experience the best cosplayers I've seen (and win competitions) all wear makeup including eye makeup.

Cheers!
Kato
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:36:11 am by Kato_Shiroi »
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2010, 09:43:28 am »
xDD
Agreed.

Lol, well guess you're going to be scared as I wear makeup for all my cosplays both girl characters and guy characters.
I did theater in college and have separate makeup sets for each of my characters (it's also hideously expensive I can assure you)
As a cosplayer you're trying to copy a 2 dimensional drawn character. In order to do that you have to mimic what the artist drew and actually flatten your features a bit and even out skin tones which by nature are not even in real life.
I have helped organize and been part of several Crossplay panels at Sakuracon and last year at Kumori. We talk alot about makeup and other techniques for copying characters no matter what the gender.

So yeah, from my experience the best cosplayers I've seen (and win competitions) all wear makeup including eye makeup.

Cheers!
Kato

Aaah. I see where you are coming from.

Sorry if I offended you. Dx
I just come from a small town and have never seen a guy wear makeup, that's all.

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2010, 09:55:37 am »

Aaah. I see where you are coming from.

Sorry if I offended you. Dx
I just come from a small town and have never seen a guy wear makeup, that's all.

Oh heavens no, I'm not offended. I address this question all the time. I totally understand the small town feelings. I also come from and live in one and No I do not go outside in my cosplays here. It wouldnt' be accepted or understood.
Successful cosplay/crossplay is also about understanding when NOT to do it.
Even tho makeup and even skirt fashons in history were developed by men for men,(women wore long dresses and men wore skirts for ease of movement) it's culturally different today.
I do consider the classic "suit and tie" to be a modern guy's cosplay and occasionally I do see modern men wearing light makeup and groomed eyebrows & lashes which I think looks great.

See, isn't cosplay educational?
Cheers,
Kato

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2010, 10:42:51 am »
Sorry if it's a little big. ^^"
It's my 'guide to common anime girl makeup'
Yes. I turned my dark brown eye brows, blue.
xDD
If you need written steps, just ask.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2010, 12:35:55 pm »
Thanks for the help  :D

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2010, 11:20:08 pm »
;3; Okay so hopefully it's alright to just ask a question instead of sharing tips ('c-cause I really don't have any OTL), but I have a 'beauty' mark on my face and foundation doesn't cover it super well, so would concealer work? >o<;; It just sorta doesn't go with my cosplays and I think it looks derpy. XD

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2010, 11:21:15 pm »
;3; Okay so hopefully it's alright to just ask a question instead of sharing tips ('c-cause I really don't have any OTL), but I have a 'beauty' mark on my face and foundation doesn't cover it super well, so would concealer work? >o<;; It just sorta doesn't go with my cosplays and I think it looks derpy. XD
CONCEALER IS DA BOMB YO
GO BUY SOME

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 01:14:21 am »
This thread makes me  :)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 11:05:53 am »
I am trying to find a good foundation. I had acne when I was in high school so I have quite a few scars on my face so I need something thick to fill those in. What is everyone favorite foundation and why? This will help me try to find a new one. :D

I might be a little late in replying, but this is honestly the best high coverage foundation I have found: http://www.us.boots.com/IntelligentBalanceMousseFoundation/

I really don't mind paying good $$ for cosmetics since I don't wear make-up that often and really care for my skin. That said, I've been REALLY impressed with that line and use the mousse foundation with a foundation brush (don't bother with a sponge) and I also use the day cream, which I started using after Clinique raised their prices again (over $40 for a smaller jar) and it works just as well for me.

I've found that for most of the face make-up and skin care stuff it's not worth paying extra for the department store stuff. I DO however spend more for my eye make-up and lipstick (gloss doesn't matter as much). You'll notice a huge difference in quality between say Revlon and Dior eyeshadows (of course a HUGE difference in price as well).

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2010, 11:10:54 am »
Full facial coverage in silver and black paint stuffs! XO Which is actually the easiest make-up for all of con! XD So glad I took theatre make-up courses.
Secrety secrets!

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2010, 11:14:56 am »
heeey whut about tips on' make-up for MANLY MEN COSPLAYS?

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2010, 11:41:07 am »
heeey whut about tips on' make-up for MANLY MEN COSPLAYS?

Oh I think I can help there. Obviously it depends on the character but in general one way to achieve a more masculine face is to use a darker foundation under the cheek bone to give the jaw line a more defined shape and then blended with a neutral matte foundation for an even shadowed appearance.
You can also sponge in the darker foundation along the beard areas to give the impression of beard stubble. How aggressive you do this depends on the character.
Also making the lip area smaller-less full looking (concealer stick and neutral color) plus making the eye brow area bushier with the same dark foundation/eyebrow pencils creates the less feminine look.
Practice helps alot so you know how far you want to go with it.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:41:52 am by Kato_Shiroi »