Author Topic: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread  (Read 359506 times)

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread
« Reply #2150 on: July 28, 2011, 01:31:30 pm »
MY CIRCLE CONTACTS FOR KANAME JUST GOT HERE!! OH MY GOD!!  I'll post pictures later, they ave to sit in solution for 8-10 hours! I CANNOT WAIT!
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2151 on: July 28, 2011, 04:38:47 pm »

I'm still not done bedazzling the ^%*&@)# out of this and I need to rip the zipper out and put it in again and then hem all 25 yards of fabric in the skirt, but Sheryl is a good way towards being done.

edit: whoops, that was entirely the wrong image. Posted a .gif of Neville Longbottom instead of my progress.

I love the Hiroshige and Hokusai prints on your walls :) Reminds me of Monet's house in Giverney.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2152 on: July 28, 2011, 05:47:04 pm »
I love them too. I need more art on my walls, I hate looking at blank spaces when all I have is white drywall.

I finally got my turtle brooches in the mail, too! They're reproductions of late 8th Century Norse women's turtle brooches and I love them so much. They are, of course, for Loki. They're going on my belts.

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2153 on: July 28, 2011, 10:05:56 pm »
MY CONTACTS!
  l   l  l
 v  v  v

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #2154 on: July 28, 2011, 10:17:44 pm »
So today while at the store with my friend I just so happened to walk by a pile of colored t-shirts, and noticed a top that was perfect for May Lee. I have the sweats for her in the wash right now hoping to shrink them up a bit so that's something also. Haven't been able to do much cosplay work lately, but I have absolutely nothing planned Saturday and my family is out of town, so I'll likely just devote the whole day to making progress on May Lee, then once that's done I can go back to working on Jacqueline. =]

I finally got my turtle brooches in the mail, too! They're reproductions of late 8th Century Norse women's turtle brooches and I love them so much. They are, of course, for Loki. They're going on my belts.

I have to say, you always have the most beautiful materials. <3
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #2155 on: July 28, 2011, 11:26:25 pm »
So I made heaps of progress on Sailor Uranus. I found the wig I want to order, sewed the collar and both bows, made the choker and tonight I made her skirt. I'm not 100% happy with it so I'm going to keep fussing with it until I can get it to fall more the way I want it to, but it feels good just to have it looking like a skirt instead of just a piece of fabric.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #2156 on: July 29, 2011, 12:18:11 am »
So after a little facebook conversation it looks like most the people I was planning on doing Arakawa with can't anymore, so I think I'm going to drop Jacqueline. This is the second time I've bailed on the cosplay now, but I honestly just can't get over the way I look in those horizontal stripes....

This works out anyways because I honestly haven't had the motivation to work on her, and can instead focus on making May Lee as awesome as possible. =]

Also got my sweats out of the dryer and now they are pretty much the perfect size. HNGGGGG I'm so exciteddddd!
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2157 on: July 29, 2011, 12:28:44 am »
Getting this tattoo done tomorrow for my Barret Wallace.

Yup, getting a real tattoo for cosplay. But hear me out.

This is a character I love, have loved, love to cosplay, and will continue to cosplay as long as possible. Even if/when cosplay stops being part of my life, the character and fandom will not. I'm always going to love Barret.

So, I'm going to get his tattoo so that I never again have to sharpie on his tattoo every morning. Never again will I have to feel terrible about staining hotel sheets and pillows with unremovable sharpie residue. It will always be there, permanent and clean. I'm stoked. Pictures will follow, if anyone's interested, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2158 on: July 29, 2011, 12:36:31 am »
Getting this tattoo done tomorrow for my Barret Wallace.

Yup, getting a real tattoo for cosplay. But hear me out.

This is a character I love, have loved, love to cosplay, and will continue to cosplay as long as possible. Even if/when cosplay stops being part of my life, the character and fandom will not. I'm always going to love Barret.

So, I'm going to get his tattoo so that I never again have to sharpie on his tattoo every morning. Never again will I have to feel terrible about staining hotel sheets and pillows with unremovable sharpie residue. It will always be there, permanent and clean. I'm stoked. Pictures will follow, if anyone's interested, lol.

I don't see the photo. o.o It's awesome that you are getting a real tattoo for his cosplay. It shows you are truly dedicated to your favorite character. :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2159 on: July 29, 2011, 12:40:36 am »
Ah, sorry about that.

Will be getting this done tomorrow (sorry for the huge pic).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2160 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:41 am »
OH MY GOD, SO EPIC. 8O How much will it cost you to do that??

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2161 on: July 29, 2011, 12:52:17 am »
I'm booked for 3 hours, and I'm figuring it'll be about $120/hour, so hopefully no more than 360 or so, but we'll see. The artist tends to cut me a deal since I go to him for everything, so the lower the better, but that's about what I'm expecting, $120-130/hour.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2162 on: July 29, 2011, 01:44:58 am »
After so much delay I finally started working on Azula again. I got the dress cut out and pinned. Tomorrow I will try to sew it then Saturday I am looking to buy a zipper and some cheap thin black material for the lining and attach both of those. Sunday the plan is to start working on the boot covers and possibly finish up the armor. Sadly after that I will have to wait to do the rest till the 15th when I get paid again. This pay check is a tight one =/ but all that will be left will be to attach the gold edging to the dress, boot covers and the sleeves of the red shirt, make the arm guard, find a way to attach the armor to the rest of the outfit, make the belt and that should be about it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:46:30 am by nikkiolie »

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2163 on: July 29, 2011, 03:13:52 am »
[img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/210/7/e/claude_faustus_wig_by_yami_tsubasa_ookami-d420k1p.png[img]

Here is my Claude Faustus wig I styled and cut by my own hands. x__x His bangs still needs a bit of editing, but this is his wig so far. God, most complicated wig to style.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2164 on: July 29, 2011, 03:32:18 am »
Oooh it looks very nice~ I'm impressed you could get the bangs kind of lifted off the brow line :)
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2165 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:51 pm »
I'm going to get measured either today or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow) for my Neptune cosplay.  YAY!!!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2166 on: July 29, 2011, 12:50:36 pm »
Oooh it looks very nice~ I'm impressed you could get the bangs kind of lifted off the brow line :)

It was very difficult. xD Had to use both hair wax and hair spray.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2167 on: July 29, 2011, 10:49:50 pm »
hey ookamiyami, where do you get your hair wax? can i just get it at Sallie's (any beauty salon?)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2168 on: July 30, 2011, 01:42:29 am »

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2169 on: July 30, 2011, 02:12:29 am »
hey ookamiyami, where do you get your hair wax? can i just get it at Sallie's (any beauty salon?)

You can get it anywhere. o.o Fred Meyers, Target, etc. I used Dove's Defined Texture Molding Cream. It helps give the hair texture and it is useful to style. I also used hairspray on mine for it to hold into that position as well. The cream may help style, but it won't hold my little spikes very long without the hairspray.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #2170 on: July 30, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »
I got my hoop skirt in the other day so I put it on under both the ball gowns to see what it looks like.
Here they are~

Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2171 on: July 30, 2011, 10:04:18 pm »
@OOKAMI: oh okay lol that's what i thought and thanks (i always use hairspray XD)

@ichigo: that is so beautiful :)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2172 on: July 30, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »
Hnnngg finally done with commissions. Wrote up a list of all of the pieces I'm going to need to cut out, and I should be able to start on the corset top tomorrow! I need to clean my kitchen so I can attempt to dye my polyester lace black. If it doesn't dye as dark as I want I'll have to change a bunch of detailing I have planned.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2173 on: July 30, 2011, 10:51:12 pm »
Polyester doesn't like dye. Like, really doesn't like it. Unless you have a metric #$%@ton of Dylon or something you're not going to get that stuff much closer to black than pearl grey.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2174 on: July 30, 2011, 11:20:03 pm »
Polyester doesn't like dye. Like, really doesn't like it. Unless you have a metric #$%@ton of Dylon or something you're not going to get that stuff much closer to black than pearl grey.
I know. That's why I'm going to try that first before I do the rest of the details. XP The bummer is that I have these lace+corset lacing things that I was going to use on the corset-ish top, and the lace on those is the exact same lace I bought... but the lacing is black and the lace I bought is white... So we'll see how it goes! I'm going to do a test before I do everything of course. XP

Edit: Actually, the lace is Nylon and polyester... I just don't know if it's the embroidery or the net that's they poly, but I'm hoping it's the net, then it won't be that bad.

Edit 2: I think I probably won't have enough time to do the goat legs for Miku... So I'm considering alternatives. Should I get tights in her skin color, then paint the rest of myself as I had planned, or should I just go with my natural skin tone (but wear nylons)?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:21:57 am by bunny_jean »
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2175 on: July 31, 2011, 11:13:19 pm »
about 50% done spray painting sasuke's shoes ~
then ive finally been working on his armor pieces. very amature buuutt its a start.
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2176 on: August 01, 2011, 04:43:52 pm »
so close to being finished with my Raichu ears. just need to attach them to the headband.

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2177 on: August 01, 2011, 04:45:33 pm »
I wanna see :)

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #2178 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:57 pm »
SOOOO since my project with Shay is kind of a secret I wont be posting much info or pics on here. Currently ten pounds of fabric is in the mail coming from NY. SO um. I should be started by the end of the week.

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #2179 on: August 01, 2011, 07:41:46 pm »
First day of August?  Time to start cosplays.  On the quest for red leggings, shiny gold shirt, and a way to fix my demoman cosplay.
Done:
Garterbelt (Panty & Stocking)
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2180 on: August 01, 2011, 10:08:47 pm »
Just have three more things to do on my Diamond Crevasse dress and then I'm done completely with the entire outfit.

Then I have to make both skirts, all the belts, the boots and most of the armor for Loki, as well as figure out how to combine my wig and headdress so that I can actually wear my effing horns.

32 days to do it all.

Bring it on.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2181 on: August 01, 2011, 10:33:18 pm »
Bring it on.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2182 on: August 02, 2011, 12:13:29 am »
I kinda completely changed my cosplay line up. I was hoping to get Azula done but I need to use that money for more important things such as paying the pet deposit at my apartment as well as building up my savings just in case of an emergency.

ANYWAY, my plans are now Rikku ( waiting on the boots.....should probably send him an email), Lugia (need to sew and attach the sleeves) and Saix (100%). I will also take my Asuka wig and possibly Zoey.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2183 on: August 02, 2011, 12:19:20 am »
Working on Ciels hat then I will be completly done.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2184 on: August 02, 2011, 12:47:10 am »
I got my wigs from Katie(fleur_fraise) today! First one is Panty, and the other one is for Rin~
I'm so excited now! I also got my iron-on transfer paper so I'm going to try that out tomorrow.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2185 on: August 02, 2011, 02:07:19 am »
Working on giant sword got a crew up in my room gettin stuff done.
Feeling pretty tired. 3 days of cosplay work? I think so.

Offline Clearasabell

• Cabbit
« Reply #2186 on: August 02, 2011, 02:20:08 am »
I've finally made some progress on the Weeping Angel! Continually discovering how much I have no idea what I am doing...

1.) Sewed grey tights into skintight gloves/arms/shoulders, plus one for my head minus the face. There were a few runs, but I made sure to nip them in the butt with nail polish. Pretty creepy looking, but will be better after paint.
2.) Built the frame for the wings using coat hanger and 14 gauge wire, hot glue, and pipe insulation. Ideally, I would have used some sort of wire mesh, but I think they will hold up pretty well, especially after I add the rest. :)
3.) Cannibalized a cheap old backpack into a harness for wings. Could use a few more straps for support. This will go under the dress, of course.
4.) Paper-mache'd a mask and molded the Angel face onto it with clay. ...Well, I'm actually going to redo that part. It's kind of an abomination.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #2187 on: August 02, 2011, 09:33:02 am »
@Panda: Those look great! Are you wearing contacts? Your eyes are so blue!
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2188 on: August 02, 2011, 10:00:17 am »
Got paid yesterday and I already blew like my whole paycheck on cosplay stuff... Ordered shoes, socks, bloomers and petticoat for Madoka, my wigs for madoka/Wingull, and my Korillakkuma kigurumi, and sent more cash to my seamstress/prop maker.
I am so excitedddd

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2189 on: August 02, 2011, 10:48:20 am »
@ichigo

yes I am! haha they're the DollyEye blue lenses. They're pretty freaky looking in person, but they look great in pictures!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2190 on: August 02, 2011, 11:12:02 am »
I got my wigs from Katie(fleur_fraise) today! First one is Panty, and the other one is for Rin~
I'm so excited now! I also got my iron-on transfer paper so I'm going to try that out tomorrow.

guuuurrrrrl u pretty
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #2191 on: August 02, 2011, 12:20:23 pm »

guuuurrrrrl u pretty
^THIS. :D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2192 on: August 02, 2011, 03:40:49 pm »

guuuurrrrrl u pretty
^THIS. :D

^ Agreed, especially those eyes... are those contacts or your natural eyes?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2193 on: August 02, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »
Lugia wings are finished I just need to attach them to the dress and that costume is done. Rikku is pretty much done. I got the boots today in the mail so all that is left is to attach the feather to them and then Rikku is at 100% :D I'm close to being done with everything.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2194 on: August 02, 2011, 06:17:14 pm »
My brother is still sleeping (Grr on him for staying up late...) so I haven't been able to sew anything but I have gotten a lot of things cut out and ready to be sewn!

I have Sasuko's pants ready for the crotch & outside seam to be sewn (inseam is already done).
Umbreon's skirt needs to be sewn and have the waistband put on. Her tail is also ready to be sewn onto the underwear.
Sailor V has her shirt, chest armor, hair bow, chest bow, and choker all ready.

I also made the wire frame for her glasses. They don't look the best but it was a spark of the moment idea and they will be covered in fabric anyways so I'm not too worried. XP
I ordered Umbreon's contacts today as well. :3
I might go without contacts for Sailor V this year because I want to see the kind a friend of mine got before deciding which company I should order from. I kinda want her eyes to look natural instead of a dramatic blue like Panda (even though those are beautiful contacts~<3)

And now that I am finished with this post my brother walks in the bonus room so I can sew now that he is awake~<3

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2195 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:16 pm »

Not finished in the slightest, but I figured if I was taking a food break I may as well show everyone what progress I made on Loki- mainly belts belts belts they aren't finished yet. I am, oddly enough, taking some inspiration from a few costume pieces from Game of Thrones (specifically some of the Night's Watch stuff) and I hope it ends up looking as good as I want it tooooooo

The binding on the edge of the skirt needs work. I'm thinking of darkening it with some dye or hand-coloring it with copics to get a gradient effect and putting knotwork over the top of that, but I dunno yet.

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2196 on: August 02, 2011, 06:35:36 pm »

Finally figured out how to do a topknot that stays!!

Also finished my Listen!! top for Mio~

Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2197 on: August 02, 2011, 07:37:52 pm »
...I jinxed myself...
As I started to sew Umbreon's skirt the needle broke and it flew inside of my sewing machine. I can't find the screwdriver to undo the screws to open the compartment nor can I find my mom's. I'm screwed... I don't want to sew with half a needle inside my machine.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2198 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:30 pm »
@gryffin: yeah saw that on fb. i'm sorry sweety! did you try using something like a knife or a small piece of metal to try to unscrew it?

good luck again! >.<

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2199 on: August 02, 2011, 09:09:23 pm »
All my costumes are done. I put the feathers on the boots for Rikku and I made and attached the sleeves for Lugia. I also brought my wig for Saix from my parents house to my place. Now I just need to find black gloves for my orgy outfit.