Author Topic: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread  (Read 359734 times)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Re: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread
« Reply #1150 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:24 pm »
I only need to do a few more things:
-Get + style PB wig
-Get + style Stocking wig
-Make PB crown
-Dye + sew stuff onto Stocking jacket
...After that I think I'm done. I should be getting the wigs next week and I'm hopefully doing the jacket this weekend. I think I'm most likely buying iDye Poly since it's made for polyester and won't mess the fabric up. It'll be fun explaining to my mom that I need to boil a huge pot of dye, but I guess she'll just have to deal lol.
I'm still not 100% sure what to do for the crown, I might just use thick paper and reinforce it with cardboard or something.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1151 on: March 31, 2011, 02:18:30 pm »
You could use gold wire around something thick/the right shape, like sculpey(sp?) clay. Then you can have elastic attached to the ends under the hair/wig to keep it in place. I would do something like that, or just make it out of clay.

-Get + style PB wig
-Make PB crown
...After that I think I'm done. I should be getting the wigs next week and I'm hopefully doing the jacket this weekend. I think I'm most likely buying iDye Poly since it's made for polyester and won't mess the fabric up. It'll be fun explaining to my mom that I need to boil a huge pot of dye, but I guess she'll just have to deal lol.
I'm still not 100% sure what to do for the crown, I might just use thick paper and reinforce it with cardboard or something.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1152 on: March 31, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »
Just finished combing and trimming a long fried wig to try and salvage it. It's in pretty good shape now and I didn't have to take off as much as I thought I would. There's a few snaggy points in it still but it combs through just fine. Just a few minor frayed areas left that aren't knotting or snagging, so I braided it up and put it in it's bag ^^
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1153 on: March 31, 2011, 05:38:03 pm »
I wish I could just sit down..and get things done...
Sakuracon is only 22 days away...

Here's some progress XD picture later :D
Saturday -> Finished Len Love is war, Finished Lily Love is war skirt, got Gakupo fabric. DECIDED I WAS GONNA COSPLAY ALOIS? LOLWHUT?
Sunday -> Get all of Alois fabric 70% off!!! Finish Alois, Minus boots. (Total time to finish Alois = 8 hours straight)

And Here's where I'm getting my contacts from. They're pretty cheap but they seem popular and reliable.
I just made it in time for their 18 hour sale XD I got Super Jewel Blue for only $16. :D

www.coslenses.deviantart.com

These I.Fairy lenses are the best I've seen so far. Shh..this was a great find XD
I don't see many places selling I.Fairys for such a good price.
From my geo knowledges they last a year, and everytime you wear them that counts as a day out of 365.
Not you keep them for 365 days then throw them out.
These lenses are thicker and larger then regular contacts and they aren't made of astigmatism to keep in mind.
HEY! i'm buying those too :D lol i found this site a long time ago :) and they are about the same price too ^_^
and shipping is $5!!! it takes about 7-14 days too :3
http://www.prettycirclelens.com/guarantee-policy.html

and i finished my kairi shoes too :) they are just drying now -w-

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1154 on: March 31, 2011, 05:58:56 pm »
You could use gold wire around something thick/the right shape, like sculpey(sp?) clay. Then you can have elastic attached to the ends under the hair/wig to keep it in place. I would do something like that, or just make it out of clay.

-Get + style PB wig
-Make PB crown
Oh man, wouldn't that much clay be heavy and fragile? The most I'd do is paper mache, but even then I'd need to make a frame first.
...Actually I could make a cardboard frame and then cover it in paper mache and sand and paint it.
Or just cardboard and paint it.

I have a big head and wigs make it bigger so I need to wait til I get the wig before I can do anything.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1155 on: March 31, 2011, 06:23:16 pm »
Ultralight Sculpey doesn't break when it's dropped- it bounces. It's like $12 a pack though :I

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1156 on: March 31, 2011, 06:27:11 pm »
That's a bit steep, but how much is in each package?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #1157 on: March 31, 2011, 06:29:20 pm »
awhh yeah.

Ordered my wig , boots , and cosplay for jack vessalius .
i just need to slowly pack .. repaint gun .. uh..fix coat .. and get some stuff
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1158 on: March 31, 2011, 06:30:15 pm »
*looks at bag* ._. i should start packing too.... >.>

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1159 on: March 31, 2011, 06:31:50 pm »
It's like... An inch, inch and a half thick and a little smaller square than a DVD box. I haven't bought the stuff in years though. I made all my armor for Esther Blanchett out of it, if you ever saw that.

Also, because of a fit of boredom the other day I'm almost completely packed for Sakuracon.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1160 on: March 31, 2011, 06:33:14 pm »
WAh!? D: i seriously have to start packing this week, cuz i'm JAMMED packed next week at work since i have a whole week off for sakuracon >.< gosh dang it! GET DONE WITH IT DOEDOE! >.<

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1161 on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:06 pm »
Matsumoto is packed, Ukitake is packed, Keiji is packed except for the wig, Vaclav still needs repairs and then he can't really be packed because lolgiantcollarandbreakablethings and Shizuo I'll pack after I go to the picnic next Saturday.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #1162 on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:12 pm »
Styled my boyfriends wig for Duster from Mother 3.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH <3 I seriously think I have a crush on Duster now. HE IS GONNA BE SUCH A GOOD DUSTER AND I'M FREAKING OUT. Makeup was applied only to one side of face and badly, but I think it gets to point across. Can you belive the wig started out like this http://kingdom-arts.org/Magnum.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:48:58 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1163 on: March 31, 2011, 06:49:09 pm »
It's like... An inch, inch and a half thick and a little smaller square than a DVD box. I haven't bought the stuff in years though. I made all my armor for Esther Blanchett out of it, if you ever saw that.

Also, because of a fit of boredom the other day I'm almost completely packed for Sakuracon.
Oh, I might just go ahead and make a cardboard frame and then cover it with a thin layer of clay and then sand it down. Does it air dry or does it need to be baked?

...Or I can just go look it up, herp.
I think I'll probably get that clay, but since it only comes in white, I'll need yellow paint.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:56:05 pm by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #1164 on: March 31, 2011, 07:00:31 pm »
ALSO I JUST FOUND OUT MY WIG WAS SENT TO MY OLD ADDRESS, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1165 on: March 31, 2011, 07:10:05 pm »
OH SNAP THAT'S NOT GOOD D:

Offline ainekatt

• Chibi
« Reply #1166 on: March 31, 2011, 09:58:42 pm »
Just got some new, thicker, stronger, hopefully less likely to break and cause beads to spray all over the Con, cable to restring Vanille's beadskirt on. So. There's that.

Also starting on Schmendrick soon (discovered fabric of absolute perfection in fabric chest upstairs- just gotta measure myself and make a pattern).

And Centurion!Rory. Which I still need everything for. But. I may have leather. And possibly an outlet to get an abused breastplate from.

Currently working on: Toni Ipres - Hanna is Not a Boy's Name

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1167 on: March 31, 2011, 10:06:38 pm »
Man you guys are on top of things XD I don't usually pack for con until the Sunday before. The two weeks before I'm gathering stuff like wigs and things to the location I'll be departing from. This time it's my dorm. I need my keyblade here, gotta take some stuff home this weekend, and drag some stuff - like the wigs - here. I also need to take home a lot of the stuff I'm not using cause it's just taking up room in my dorm right now.... I could just pile it on my bed at home and say "have at it cats", until I'm home to sort it away.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1168 on: March 31, 2011, 10:09:54 pm »
Got paid to day have to wait a few days before I can go shopping for my wig and cosplay :3

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1169 on: March 31, 2011, 10:18:31 pm »
Just got some new, thicker, stronger, hopefully less likely to break and cause beads to spray all over the Con, cable to restring Vanille's beadskirt on. So. There's that.

Also starting on Schmendrick soon (discovered fabric of absolute perfection in fabric chest upstairs- just gotta measure myself and make a pattern).

And Centurion!Rory. Which I still need everything for. But. I may have leather. And possibly an outlet to get an abused breastplate from.
Is that Schmendrick, like Schmendrick from The Last Unicorn? Because that would be awesome.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1170 on: March 31, 2011, 10:24:31 pm »

Is that Schmendrick, like Schmendrick from The Last Unicorn? Because that would be awesome.

Please tell me it is from the last unicorn I will freaking love you to the end of this earth!

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1171 on: April 01, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »
Found some shoes that could work for Miku on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140529449451&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_500wt_1030
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130503397019&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_500wt_1030

Four days to bid on them, so I have no idea if I'll actually get them or not. lol. Let's hope I do. I think if I got both i wouldn't be disappointed because I could just sell the pair I didn't like as much.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #1172 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:22 pm »
FINALLY GOT PROGRESS PHOTOS FOR MY HIT-GIRL COMMISSION.

GHDIORTHJDXMBNGILDHFIODYUR

IT LOOKS F'ING AMAZING SO FAR. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY LEVEL OF EXCITE. It should be completed in a few days!

That aside I have all the tactical accessories down! All that stuff's going to add like an extra 5 pounds I swear.

While at my friend Sees' house (Hatter) I got my kilt fabric dyed, and basically completely made aside from some final sewing work and sewing on some clasps to close it. IT LOOKS AMAZING. I got so lucky finding that plaid fabric! I couldn't believe it! I couldn't have asked for a more accruate kilt fabric! YES.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #1173 on: April 02, 2011, 11:28:12 am »
Cosplay Progress

Simca - 95% - Need legit goggles
Panty - 60% - Need shoes and wig
Minori - 20% - Need uniform, shoes, and bag
Dawn - 60% - Need hair clippies, vest/shirt, shoes, and bag
Kairi - 95%? - Might fix up bag, get jelly bands

Extra: Swim Minori - 30% - Need swim top, shorts, and shoes

I AM LIKING THIS PROGRESS. >:D

Now...where I am lacking:

Friends Cosplay

Taiga Aisaka - 0% - Need wig, shoes, and uniform
Inko-Chan - 0% - Need kigurumi and shoes
Ikki - 70% - Need wig and shoes
Brief - 0% - Need everything
Nicky - Negative 100% - Need to figure out a cosplay for her
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:31:56 am by Vampire-Kameko »

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #1174 on: April 02, 2011, 11:31:19 am »
going out today to get some items ~

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1175 on: April 02, 2011, 01:14:54 pm »
My Lina costume is finally in the United States!!!

According to the tracking info (which it wasn't updated yesterday...), it departed a shipping facility in Indiana.  I think it'd be logical to say that I should be getting it by Wednesday, maybe Thursday.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1176 on: April 02, 2011, 01:17:36 pm »

According to the tracking info (which it wasn't updated yesterday...), it departed a shipping facility in Indiana.  I think it'd be logical to say that I should be getting it by Wednesday, maybe Thursday.
Hopefully it looks great after all the crap you went through!
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1177 on: April 02, 2011, 01:26:27 pm »

Thanks, bunny-jean; I hope so, too!  I'm waiting for it to show up before I make my eBay stat reply, and they're not getting a very good one.  I can guarantee that the best that they'll get is a neutral rating with negative feedback.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1178 on: April 02, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »

Thanks, bunny-jean; I hope so, too!  I'm waiting for it to show up before I make my eBay stat reply, and they're not getting a very good one.  I can guarantee that the best that they'll get is a neutral rating with negative feedback.
I always wait until I've gotten items that I've ordered before leaving feedback. Helps protect yourself.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1179 on: April 02, 2011, 01:37:17 pm »

I always wait until I've gotten items that I've ordered before leaving feedback. Helps protect yourself.

What was neat was that eBay gave me the company's phone number, should there be any problems with the costume or any shipping problems.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #1180 on: April 02, 2011, 06:22:31 pm »
soo , Im lucky i found them fancy white gloves at party city today AANNDD clip on earrings.
more likely post it up latterr

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #1181 on: April 02, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »
Got materials for my Hei mask <3

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1182 on: April 02, 2011, 09:07:58 pm »
glossed and sealed -w-b

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1183 on: April 02, 2011, 09:36:53 pm »
^ Those look awesome!

I dyed my Stocking blazer and managed to splatter the dye all over my shirt, dammit. Right now it's in the washing machine to get the excess dye out and then idk if I should let it air dry or put it in the dryer.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #1184 on: April 02, 2011, 09:40:43 pm »
@Fleur, does it say anything about washing it on the dye lable?

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1185 on: April 02, 2011, 09:42:13 pm »
Yep, it says to wash it with mild detergent after dyeing and then "let dry" so I'm assuming air dry.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #1186 on: April 02, 2011, 10:43:02 pm »
So the other day I ended up finding a skirt that I can alter for Lady Gideon, but tonight while digging through my closet for something fancy to wear this weekend I found a dress which has a bottom that works pretty well also.... so now I'm kind of stuck on which option I shouod focus on altering for the outfit.

Here's the lovely Lady Gideon

Here's the dress that I found in my closet

and here's the skirt I got the other day.....

The first skirt does fit a bit tighter like I was hoping, but it doesn't have the side slit like option 2..... I also think after hemming it a few inches option 2 would fit snugger like the outfit is supposed to. I dont know though, any thoughts?
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #1187 on: April 02, 2011, 10:45:45 pm »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you air dry.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1188 on: April 02, 2011, 10:49:16 pm »
buying my wig either tomorrow or monday :D

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1189 on: April 02, 2011, 10:55:26 pm »
So the other day I ended up finding a skirt that I can alter for Lady Gideon, but tonight while digging through my closet for something fancy to wear this weekend I found a dress which has a bottom that works pretty well also.... so now I'm kind of stuck on which option I shouod focus on altering for the outfit.

Here's the lovely Lady Gideon

Here's the dress that I found in my closet

and here's the skirt I got the other day.....

The first skirt does fit a bit tighter like I was hoping, but it doesn't have the side slit like option 2..... I also think after hemming it a few inches option 2 would fit snugger like the outfit is supposed to. I dont know though, any thoughts?
definetely go with skirt numero 2, just a bit of tweaking it, will def. help :3

@fleur: ty ^_^

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #1190 on: April 02, 2011, 11:17:55 pm »
Woohoo! XD Progress has been made.

Edgeworth pants are practically done, and the jacket is well on its way. I got the wig, but I haven't opened it yet. >.>; So I need to style that. And~ I need to sew the cravat, and that's about it!

Next, I'm deciding whether or not to do another cosplay this year X3

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1191 on: April 02, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »
Meep is making very good progress on the dress she is making for me :D

oslapedo

« Reply #1192 on: April 03, 2011, 10:22:51 am »
LSP is almost done, Ritsu is almost done, killing myself over Mimiru.

Yesterday I dyed my Ritsu wig. The color is so weird, it looks brown in some lighting but blonde in others. After the dye it was seriously messed up, it turned very frizzy and wavy but I straightened it and then it was fine. Still need to style it better.

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #1193 on: April 03, 2011, 10:32:16 am »
What kind of dye did you use?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1194 on: April 03, 2011, 10:49:09 am »

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT I FINISHED :DDDDD

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #1195 on: April 03, 2011, 10:56:35 am »
That's so awesome Richie.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1196 on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:34 am »
I want that so bad right now. Good god. How did you get the bend?

For that matter, what did you major in, theater arts and costume design?
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1197 on: April 03, 2011, 11:36:43 am »
@richie- that looks so bamf!! My goodness! I can't wait to see your finished shizuo cosplay!
My progress is! I got all of my wigs!! Almost done with lelouch cosplay, just need to line every thing with bias.
I have every thing I would need from joanns yesterday! So no more trips to tne fabric store.
Next con: Kumori-con

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1198 on: April 03, 2011, 12:05:13 pm »
@lychee: I bent it with a heat gun! I just turned the heat gun on high, softened the parts I wanted to bend and then bent it. I bent it while holding it in a circular shape, though, so it wouldn't kink.

Also are you in my head theater arts and costume design is my major .______.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1199 on: April 03, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT I FINISHED :DDDDD

That is a stick of win, Richie!