Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth  (Read 2039 times)

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
Wisdom Teeth
« on: October 02, 2010, 02:12:14 pm »
So I have to have my wisdom teeth removed and I'm kind of nervous about the surgery, so I was wondering if anyone on here had theirs removed and if so how'd it go?

One of mine is coming in sideways.

I miss 2010.

Offline Pots

• Chibi
Re: Wisdom Teeth
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:28:45 pm »
My friend got her wisdom tooth pulled last year. Apparently your mouth should feel sore/swollen for a while so they will tell you to take pain medication.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 10:53:22 pm »
I can't have anything with amoxicillin in it which I guess is the go-to pain anesthetic they use. Can't have anything with epinephrine in it either which is the one they use for longer term effects. I'm apparently getting some stuff that'll give me amnesia about the surgery. My mom says she's taking my phone away before I'm all drugged up 'cause I "really don't want to be making phone calls while it's wearing off." o3o.
I miss 2010.

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:04:03 pm »
I think my friend just used over the counter drugs for the pain.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:17:29 pm »
I can't have anything with amoxicillin in it which I guess is the go-to pain anesthetic they use. Can't have anything with epinephrine in it either which is the one they use for longer term effects. I'm apparently getting some stuff that'll give me amnesia about the surgery. My mom says she's taking my phone away before I'm all drugged up 'cause I "really don't want to be making phone calls while it's wearing off." o3o.

I could be wrong as I don't have any medical expertise, but I really don't think either of those drugs are painkillers. Amoxicillin is a common antibiotic, and epinephrine, according to Wikipedia, can be used as a local anesthetic, but it would be unlikely to be in anything you would take afterward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amoxicillin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephrine
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 11:35:06 pm »
Okay I had my 4 removed all at once, one had cracked at a bad filling on a m&m

I was given a option for a pill that I picked up ahead of time, that wasn't so much a pain killer lala pill, that once I took would be like "what teeth?"
was kinda pissed they tossed them in the trash cuz yes I wanted to keep them.

they were already in so I don't know what they do differnt with sideways or impacted wisdom teeth
But I went home, wait no my then boyfriend now husband took me to his place so he could take care of me.
I slept once there.  I woke and took my pain pill which was percocet then went to make some ramen
I made it to the kitchen before the med made me lay on the ground then I turned some water on the stove and back to the ground

turns out it is not somthing to take on a empty stomach, it doesn't seem to do much for the pain but make you not want to move, which for tooth pulling is good because if you get your blood pumping it can make the holes bleed.
I ended halfing my dose and adding ibproufen, then just ibprufen.  The top holes closed pretty fast, the bottom longer.NO STRAWS they can pull the clots out of the holes, don't smoke=really bad.
 Just remeber while they are open brush your teeth really well and floss so they keep clean.

I would stock yogurt apple sauce and maybe some vitamins for a couple of days .  You are gonna lose a bit of blood, so iorn sup wouldnt be bad.  I telt more human by 3 days after, but during that week while under meds and such I got motion sickness really easy, went on the sky car 4 days after, big mistake
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 06:41:46 am »

I could be wrong as I don't have any medical expertise, but I really don't think either of those drugs are painkillers. Amoxicillin is a common antibiotic, and epinephrine, according to Wikipedia, can be used as a local anesthetic, but it would be unlikely to be in anything you would take afterward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amoxicillin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephrine
I'm not entirely certain as to what they used them for but I was told by my mom and the surgeon:
Epinephrine is what dentists use as an anesthetic. It has adrenaline in it which makes it last longer. Gives me panic attacks. o3o And amoxicillin was involved *somehow* in a surgery on my ears when I was little that I had a bad reaction to and gave me an allergy to penicillin drugs. That one may have been prescribed afterward to make sure my ears stayed fine.

As you can see I don't really know much, hence part of why I'm so nervous about this.
I miss 2010.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:16 am »
I recall when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. The bottom ones got excruciating when the novacaine wore off. The right top one wasn't as bad. But then again with that one I was in the hands of Dr. Robert W. Jones D.D.S. and that man is a superb dentist, he definintely knows dentistry. Getting your wisdom teeth pulled can be a tough and draining experience but if it's in the hands of a competent professional dentist then you're in good hands.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:23:16 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 03:16:36 pm »
I'm not entirely certain as to what they used them for but I was told by my mom and the surgeon:
Epinephrine is what dentists use as an anesthetic. It has adrenaline in it which makes it last longer. Gives me panic attacks. o3o And amoxicillin was involved *somehow* in a surgery on my ears when I was little that I had a bad reaction to and gave me an allergy to penicillin drugs. That one may have been prescribed afterward to make sure my ears stayed fine.

As you can see I don't really know much, hence part of why I'm so nervous about this.

That makes sense, to use Amoxicillin as an antibiotic afterward.

It has adrenaline in it which makes it last longer.

It is adrenaline--just a different name.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor