Author Topic: This News Story NEEDS to become an Anime!  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: This News Story NEEDS to become an Anime!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:10:21 am »
Sounds like Shampoo and the other Amazons from Ranma 1/2.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:50:33 am »
My first thought as well. Also, Ku Fei from Negima.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:01:20 pm »
I'd watch it if it were combined with this one:

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/93906-nude-martial-arts-guy-takes-on-cops
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 09:44:09 pm »
Eugh. All of my feminist instincts are crying out against the realization of more MEN MUST BE STRONGER THAN WOMEN narratives.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »
Eugh. All of my feminist instincts are crying out against the realization of more MEN MUST BE STRONGER THAN WOMEN narratives.

:D Feminism is funny.

*Hides face from all of the pepper spray.*

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 06:03:45 pm »
Yes, the struggle to correct the damage caused by our patriarchy is hilarious. -humorless feminist face-

I don't have pepper spray. ;3;
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 06:35:39 pm »
So you have to fight them Kung Fu style, or wushu as it is known locally? Aw c'mon.

But then, if you only get one child, would you hope for the best, or settle for so-so?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 07:16:10 pm »
That's a trope. There's already animes with it.

Also, I agree with Malaria. Equal rights, hilarious.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 07:19:27 pm »
^ Love the link.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 11:57:35 pm »
Feminism, in modern society, is a farce.  Women are genetically, physically, and psychologically different from men.  This creates differences, such as women being better suited for creative tasks and men being better suited for systematic tasks.  It also creates differences such as men being more prone to Autism and ADHD, whereas women are more prone to Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar.  I'm not exactly an activist, but I've spent my entire life supporting equal-opportunity and minority acceptance, and I'm really tired of hearing ignorant feminists tell me that men are sexist and that society is dominated by "rape culture" and patriarchy.  It's not.  The only actual serious sexism I've seen on a significant scale is workplace discrimination against men on the basis that it's apparently not professionally acceptable for men to have long hair, but for women it's fine.  Beyond that all the "sexism" I've seen is just feminist propaganda endorsed by matriarchal, hyperdominant women who profiteer on society's inherent gullibility.

Just figured I'd, you know, throw that out there.  And for the record, I was raised almost entirely androgenous.  Didn't really identify as male or female until one day I found a moustache growing upon my face and decided I'd just live with being male.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 04:49:58 am »
At the very least this needs to be a Pay-Per-View Event.
Team Koga

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:49 am »
so awesome
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 11:19:20 am »
@ Guy: I'd watch it. It would amuse me. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be some publicity stunt, but if those are real people and their real statements, yes, I'm sure the book/film rights are already being negotiated by someone :D

@ Tofu: I don't know you, so I don't know if you are serious about being raised androgynously, but if you were, more power to whomever raised you, that's not an easy task. I have friends who are intersexed, transgendered, and transsexual (including post-operative both MTF & FTM) who would have loved to have been raised androgynously.

@ Malaria & Miriam: I happen to have a Women's Studies degree from one of the best schools in the country and taught Women's Studies 100. I also worked in battered women's shelters in 2 states using 2 languages. This included giving workshops on same-sex domestic violence; battering occurs across all lines of gender orientation and sexual orientation. Moreover, one of my closest male friends was stabbed & left for dead by his female ex, so I find it important to balance emphasis on the vastly disproportionate amount of violence that is misogynist and gynocidal that is conducted by men, and mention of the fact that violence does occur by all genders to all genders. If you ever want to have a random thread for talking about such subjects, I'll keep an eye out for it. Meantime a gal was raped and additionally violently physically assaulted about 2 blocks from my house on the bike path last week. Makes me fearful and wanting to learn martial art skills myself.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »
@Tofu -

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 11:20:52 pm »
@ Malaria & Miriam: I happen to have a Women's Studies degree from one of the best schools in the country and taught Women's Studies 100. I also worked in battered women's shelters in 2 states using 2 languages. This included giving workshops on same-sex domestic violence; battering occurs across all lines of gender orientation and sexual orientation. Moreover, one of my closest male friends was stabbed & left for dead by his female ex, so I find it important to balance emphasis on the vastly disproportionate amount of violence that is misogynist and gynocidal that is conducted by men, and mention of the fact that violence does occur by all genders to all genders. If you ever want to have a random thread for talking about such subjects, I'll keep an eye out for it. Meantime a gal was raped and additionally violently physically assaulted about 2 blocks from my house on the bike path last week. Makes me fearful and wanting to learn martial art skills myself.
It's Miria, not Miriam. ;) However, I'll reply to what you said in the thread Malaria just made.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 02:49:05 pm »
Thanks, and sorry, I have mostly only been online from my phone, which doesn't allow me to scroll back. Anyway...I wonder whether the gals this thread was initially about have met their matches yet.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »
Was that pun intentional? ;D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 10:31:12 pm »
If you mean that 'matches' can refer to 'appropriate partners' in both love and martial arts, it was intentional, but not as a pun, as a double-entendre.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 01:41:41 pm »
If t hey haven't, it's only because they haven't met me yet. ;D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 09:49:55 pm »
I am enjoying the image of you engaging martial arts in the bunny suit and heels and the gals being perplexed.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 10:13:31 pm »

That is funny!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 10:40:36 pm »
That should definitely be in the anime. Dare I say even in Forum, the Musical? ;-)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 10:41:31 pm »
Okay, THAT kind of makes me want to be in it...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 01:28:18 pm »
;)