Author Topic: How scared do you get?  (Read 9140 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
How scared do you get?
« on: November 14, 2010, 03:04:09 pm »
Lately my life has been full of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Dead Space and I have been reminded of how RIDICULOUS I act when I get scared.

I'm curious about how scared other people get of things. Like, how easy is it for you to get scared? What happens when you do? Do you go cry in a corner or is it just harder for you to sleep at night?

I'm easily frightened since I'm afraid of the dark, monsters, ghosts and all that sort of stuff. So when playing (or watching) a game, or watching a movie with friends I SCREAM AND YELL. Like so bad apparently I make it worse for everyone around my because I just startle people all the time. I also tend to start slapping myself or other people when I get scared too.

I'm pretty much the white version of the stereotype of the "screaming African American woman" in a theater.

So what about you?
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Pots

• Chibi
Re: How scared do you get?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:30:46 pm »
Lets see.... I'm afraid of being tickled (makes me cry). I'm also afraid of people whispering my name and sneaking up behind me. I usually scream for that one.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:13:09 pm »
I never scream- like EVER haha. I'm a deer in headlights, and it's bad how much I freeze when I do get scared. People popping out at me does the ticket! Or heights. Ahhhh so high up!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 08:14:14 pm »
I'm usually pretty good, but I get really cuddley, and end up in at least one person's lap. If it's something that totally screws my brain, then I have serious problems sleeping at night.
When it comes to certain things (and by things I mean thing, and that one thing is zombies) make me cry, and scream. I cry. A lot. Like, endless tears, cuddled on someone.
It's pretty bad.
Dx
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 08:25:53 pm »
Depending on where I am and whats going on, I tend to startle awake if I'm sleeping. This happens when I hear or feel something near me.
Though it tends to happen more often when I'm sleeping somewhere other then my own room.

Pretty much every morning while at a con.
(majority of the time this is justified)

Other then that, I find shows and documentaries on UFO's and other unknown creatures to be kinda scary/unnerving.

Team Koga

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 09:51:00 pm »
I don't generally get scared of stuff like most people.  I'm more scared of like, uh, elevators and small spaces. D:  I literally freeze up when I even contemplate getting on elevators.

Ever see those shows where people with irrational fears are exposed to them and forced to overcome them?  They pace around, they're scared, they might start to cry, etc.  I basically go through a lot of those same feelings when I start to attempt to get on an elevator. ^^;  It's so overwhelming, and I'm sooo scared of them, I haven't been able to force myself to actually go through with it.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 10:14:58 pm »
I either get calm sweaty scared or I scream, in a short "AHA". Though it's nothing like Jay.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:34:30 pm »
Boogie hands down has the best reactions to scary stuff.... and Amnesia is freaky so it's understable. I'm a fairly anxious person so I tend to get wound up and freaked out by things without too much trouble. I don't like when things pop out at me and I get freaked out by like demons and terrifying monster things.... =<
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 12:17:40 am »
Heights and not being prepared are my fears. I don't mind how high I am if there are safety precautions. Like, I could handle flying a plane or looking out of a skyscraper. But if I have to walk along the edge of a cliffside or across a railroad bridge on nothing but tracks, then I question the reason for doing so.

Now give me a jet pack and I'll think about it. If I fall or have to jump off, I can just float away to a stable surface.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

oslapedo

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 07:07:43 am »
I'm nervous and anxious a lot lately, but not due to anything tangible. When I am scared I ignore people and cry, haha.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 07:17:41 am »
Spiders - I scream and flail... which is super hard to do when buckled in a car. I get absolutely hysterical and claw at people if it's a really big one.

Zombies - I get terrified. I'll freeze or get really upset. Sometimes I'll even have a panic attack and start hyperventilating.

This one is 'cause of zombies but the dark at night - I just won't go out there. I get really irrational and won't do what I'm told and if I do do it I have to have someone with me or I just won't move.
(This one time I had to walk to the store when it was getting dark out and I was alone so my friend talked to me on the phone all the way there and back so I wouldn't be scared. <3 ILU DARKNIGHTNUMBERS)

I think that's all. Haha all mine are irrational. XD
I miss 2010.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 09:19:05 am »
I don't really have much that scares me nor do I react any special way. The only thing that I know for sure is frightening is the idea of death by suffocation...ugh. Other than that though..."things that go bump in the night" probably have more of a reason to be scared of me than the other way around lol.

@Boogiepop: As horrible as it makes me sound...I would probably try to startle you or make you watch scary movies as much as humanly possible for my own sick sadistic entertainment. Your awsome...but I wouldn't be able to resist being evil. ;D

@Demony: I lol'd at your spider fear because my G/F does the same thing. She could have a fly swatter in her hand & she will still call me from the other side of the house to kill it for her lmao.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 12:55:34 pm »
When I get scared, I get quiet and start plotting to solve the problem
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline AkumaXiphon

• Oni
    • Team Silver Rain
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 12:56:23 pm »
Video games, not so much. But I often find I can't sit and watch a horror movie. Unless it's sci-fi.
I tried watching the first twenty minutes of Haunting in Connecticut and walked off horrified. But then I hear the movie Aliens and scary and I decide to watch that and just laughed.
Personally, I love zombies/Resident Evil yadda yadda, but occasionally I'll have some bad dream about that and be all freaked out even though it doesn't bother me to play the games.

Can't say spiders horrify me either.

Kumoricon 2009- Bitch didn't cosplay D:
Kumoricon 2010- Reno (Had Rude with me.)
Sakuracon 2011- Prussia

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »
When I get really scared I can't think straight and it really frustrates me sometimes. As for what I'm afraid of they are as followed:

1. Some new situations (Especially when i don't know what I'm doing.)
2. Spiders
3. Snakes
4. Some big dogs
5. (Believe it or not.) Birds. I was attacked by a bird when I lived in Falls Church Virginia years ago and I've been scraed to death of them ever since.
6. Insects (Bees, Wasps, Yellow jackets etc.)
7. Scorpions

How's that for a list?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:44:19 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 07:43:10 pm »
I get really scared that somthing bad will happen to a loved one and that I wont know

I found out my bestfriend died few weeks after when his mom got the christmas card I sent, and that makes me afraid, esp since I havent seen my father in years, the same thing.

Back when you could talk on the phone and drive, I was talking to my hunny and heard him be in a car acident
(another car hit him when trying to gun it to her drive way being on the phone was not a factor ) I heard swearing and and the phone was dead, he was alright but man I was scared
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 09:34:26 pm »
when i get scared i normally stast paniking and then shaking then crying and my hands hurt from my nails digging into my palms. This happened at k con
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 10:40:03 pm »
I have actually gotten so worried about something I was physically sick.  Not the same as being scared, maybe, except that fear for the safety of others was what was causing it.  Not hearing anything from my parents for almost a month, and not being able to contact them.    This was before cell phones.  Read here to find out why I was a nervous wreck when my parents went on vacation in Europe in April of 1986 to visit my Uncle in Germany where he worked at a US army base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Berlin_discotheque_bombing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_El_Dorado_Canyon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

I have an irrational fear of spiders.  I really don't like them.  I can kill them with extreme prejudice though.  I don't have a problem with Daddy Long Legs and Mosquito Hawks though.  I also hate certain kinds of insects.  Ants, earwigs, centipedes, silverfish, cockroaches, and other rather fast moving insects.  I don't mind the slow moving ones though.   ???

I dislike bees, yellow jackets, and wasps, but I am not really afraid of them, at least not when there is only one.

I don't mind most snakes, but I do fear the poisonous ones.

I don't mind heights, but I do fear falling.  I hate climbing on any sort of ladder that wobbles, or walking across any surface that is moving and high enough I can fall off and hurt myself.  I usually have a death grip when riding ski lifts.

I dislike being in total dark.  I really don't like driving on an unlit narrow winding road in a rainstorm.  It is especially unsettling when you come around a corner and there is a great big horned owl sitting in the middle of the road in front of you.  (Yes this happened)  I also dislike being in the house alone in the dark.

I used to have a feeling that someone else was in the restroom whenever I took a shower.  The one time my wife actually used a butter knife to pop open the door because she HAD to go to the bathroom, she just about gave me a heart attack.   :o  I am mostly over that one now.  Maybe It is just that we have been in the house for so long that I am acclimated.  Or maybe (shiver) whatever I always felt was watching me decided I was going to be staying and it wasn't interested in me any more.

When I was young I saw a really terrible horror film, Day of the Triffids,  I had nightmares for months after that and was terrified of the shadows made by the trees swaying in the wind outside my bedroom window.  I once saw the shadow coming from the living room of someone moving and thought it looked like a panther walking down the hallway.  My little sister was what we all called a "thumper".  She would sit forward and throw herself back.  She would make the front legs of a rocking chair come off the ground (She actually broke the springs on a couple of rocking chairs)  and when she was very little she would thump in her crib.   She once thumped her crib clear across the room and ended up pinning me in my bed.  My bed was in the corner with the head and one side against the walls and a dresser at the foot.  My sis had thumped her crib clear across the room and blocked off the other side and was in front of the door so my parents couldn't get into the room.  They had to climb through the window to get in and move the crib out of the way.  That was a bit frightening.  I have also been in two car wrecks that totaled the vehicle I was in.  One of them rolled upside down, I didn't have a seat-belt on.  The other I was unable to remove my seat-belt because all of the luggage had shifted forward and the back folding seat had come unlatched and was pushing me forward, the only thing that prevented us from going over a cliff was the iron sign post we had crashed into.

Probably the most scared I have ever been was when I did a 180 on I-105.  Yep, you should always watch the road.   :o  I was shaking so bad for the next half hour or so, I didn't know if it was ever going to stop.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 10:59:21 pm »
I kind of seize up and stand/sit really still when I'm freaked out by something. Unless it's a spider and it's near me, then I'll make some kind of horrified wibbling noise and scuttle away before cowering in fear and staring at it until it leaves. But I'm freaked out by a lot of things. I can't play Dead Space or Bioshock or the Fear games without someone in the room with me... Even L4D kind of freaks me out when I'm playing it alone. I was playing it on my friend's GIANT PROJECTOR SCREEN that took up an entire wall and a Tank came out of nowhere, right in front of me, and I about jumped through her ceiling.

Also when I'm freaked out and it's nighttime I can't have my back to windows, or look out of them. FACES IN MY WINDOWS, THEY'RE GONNA GET ME

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:30 am »
I kind of seize up and stand/sit really still when I'm freaked out by something. Unless it's a spider and it's near me, then I'll make some kind of horrified wibbling noise and scuttle away before cowering in fear and staring at it until it leaves. But I'm freaked out by a lot of things. I can't play Dead Space or Bioshock or the Fear games without someone in the room with me... Even L4D kind of freaks me out when I'm playing it alone. I was playing it on my friend's GIANT PROJECTOR SCREEN that took up an entire wall and a Tank came out of nowhere, right in front of me, and I about jumped through her ceiling.

Also when I'm freaked out and it's nighttime I can't have my back to windows, or look out of them. FACES IN MY WINDOWS, THEY'RE GONNA GET ME
You also bury your face into my back.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21:26 am »

You also bury your face into my back.

IF I DON'T LOOK IT'S NOT THERE

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 12:38:13 am »
Tell that to Jay.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 04:06:55 am »
That's why he was screaming so much. He didn't have his face in MY back. If he had it wouldn't have been nearly as emotionally scarring/revealing for him.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 01:28:41 pm »
I just get way too much anxiety and my heart starts to race to the point where it hurts. I like to watch others play freaky video games but I just can't play them. I was forced to play Silent Hill once and I died 5 minutes in by having my arm torn off lol. I ended up forcing my friend to take over for me. As for movies, they used to not scare me until I had a some very trippy things happen to me from the time I was 15 'till now. I can't watch a lot of horror flicks because of it.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 02:00:00 pm »
HOLY SHEEE! A:TDD IS SO WONDERFULLY TERRIFYING! OAO

It depends on the type of scare. Like, when I'm on a super fast ride that consists of being hung upsidedown or pressed against the safety bars, just feeling that moment of safety leave you makes me scream like those damsels-in-distress in horror movies. It's rather embarassing since I'm usually so reserved. =///=;; Now, when I'm watching something that scares me, I always avert my eyes and plug my ears at the suspenseful parts, and I get more edgy and paranoid afterwards. For instance, I do the whole running up the stairs thing as if I'm afraid for my life... and closing all of the window blinds and checking every door in the house to make sure they're all locked... oh, and hiding behind people and objects. Yeah, don't count on me for brave support. >>;;
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:00:55 pm by Fuyuko »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 03:34:35 am »
I just had a really disturbing dream and now I can't sleep. ;<<<  So, I guess that means I'm scared of disturbing dreams. ;____;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 05:35:47 pm »

Ohh, I have this fear too!
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 08:18:13 pm »
I can't name all my phobias and fears. ; A ; There's too many. I'm scared of spiders, water, being alone, the dark (I sleep with a nightlight. I'm 14. FML), my XBOX giving me the red ring of death, being embarassed, getting in a car wreck (Which has happened before and I have back problems because of it), my dad or sister dying, breaking a bone, falling to my death o.o, and...Er...a lot more....
I'm just paranoid? Yes. I think so.

GHOSTSGHOSTSGHOTS.
I'M TERRIBLY AFRAID OF GHOSTS D:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:19:00 pm by Mew*Haruko »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 10:31:25 pm »
The last time I got literally scared sweatless - I mean: walking out in a field and WHACK - shocked dead in my tracks, rooted in my boots, felt like my blood all hardened into wax, and every pore of skin instantly expressed a drop of sweat...

... turned out to be comically and embarrassingly SILLY. But I'll tell you anyways.

On a VERY foggy day, as in maybe 20ft visibility ahead; I mean, a real Hound of the Baskervilles day, I was walking across one of my fields toward some blackberries bushes. Couldn't see them but I knew they were there - and within the fog, here is this ghostly, silent bobbing white BALL. I couldn't tell range so it could be teeny yet right before my face, or beach ball sized, floating 4 feet off the ground and maybe 50 feet away.

W - T - F

I had already seen ball lightning twice in my life and that is some crackly, damned scary stuff to be close to in its own right. Then you get auditory exclusion - no sound - when you're under extreme fearful stress and so it could be making whatever noise and there I was rooted to the ground knowing I wasn't hearing anything. You could have screamed next to me and I would not have heard it - THAT's how galvanized I was by this CREEPY, ghostly, white bobbing ball in the middle of the air in the middle of a fog closed in all around me...

A second later I figured it out: We also had a donkey, and it was his NOSE.

Similar to this animal's markings above. Note the height of the white spot above the ground. He was eating at the blackberry bush then heard me coming and, being a friendly fellow, he wanted to check if maybe I had a typical carrot or some other treat ...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:58:59 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 06:36:14 am »
It's been too long since I've had a good scare so I'm not too sure. I could probably group it with anxiety but that doesn't describe it too well either. My AMC is made of metal. It's a 3000lb American murder machine and if you rearend me with that imported pop can I'm just going to swap in an older bumper or a ramming plate so that it finally kills you when you're stupid enough to ram into me again. I would have opted for a Hummer/tank but fuel is damn expensive and I like being the trap in most situations. Scary it is.

I remember when I was little there were a few NES games that would terrorize me to no end. Ever played Friday the 13th? In the dark? That's what I did once a week. That Jason guy just pops in out of nowhere to kill you when all you've got are rocks or a small knife. The music is also creepy as hell. It's brutal.

Growing up the only things that really scared me was how horrible my body was. Not going into deeper details on that. I've worked a few dangerous jobs that you're not stupid enough to stick around and do. I sware most of you are lemmings. I could be on the ground floor when the stuff starts flying off the roof but if the guy next to me slips on a banana peel, that's it! I'm really starting to believe in the Darwin coin more than my own money. Thanks England.

So what scares me?
Idiots with cheap balis.
Slenderman.
Bad music.
Really slow computers.
Large groups of stupid people.
Crazy stalkers.

Oh yeah...Girls. More specifically short dumb girls that can't carry a lite of glass. I've been inches away from having my face sliced off or being burned to death in the quench so many times because I'm always paired with someone too stupid to understand the physics around them or they're just physically incapable and they react to everything. These are the same people that should never be given knives of any kind. I don't care if it has a guard, they're too stupid to keep their fingers out of there. I know what parts of my body are exposed to the environment and I know better than to turn around or move suddenly when something falls. That's why I'm not the one that had a bit drill through my hand or got my hair caught in the drill and scalped. Those are just painful though. You want to know what death's scythe feels like? It's the feeling of hot shards shearing through your unprotected back like butter. Yummy.

But I'll be fair. The men that I'm paired with are just as stupid. Kids out of high school that think they can keep 300lbs+ of wood, metal and glass in one place to move something out of the deck. This boggles me to no end. They can get a diploma but they couldn't stay in one piece because they thought they're beyond physics. I hate cleaning up the messes but I guess it couldn't be helped.

I really have to think more about this one. My family is okay but death is just all over. :/
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »
I'm afraid of people watching me through my window.

When I was in middle school I saw some guys watching me change through my bedroom window. My father scared them off when he saw them. It was very scary.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 10:13:18 pm »
D:
Can we go find them?
UNDERAGE STUFF IS NOT COOL BROSEIDON
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:38 pm »
Indeed it isn't. It made me feel horrible. D:

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 10:23:05 pm »
I'm afraid of people watching me through my window.
I just realized I share this one. I usually move the end of my blinds to the corner of the windowframe so that nothing pokes through. o.o

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 10:53:16 pm »
I get scared by loud noises. More like freaked, today I was playing the DEAD SPACE 2 demo and I jumped really high in the first flash back ( which made a super loud noise)

I also curse when I hear a loud noise, in sixth grade I dropped the F bomb when the fire alarm rang.

Other symptoms caused by different things: i sweat, or scream, yell.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:34 am »
I'm generally an emotionless, apathetic drone so getting scared isn't something I tend to do, but when it does happen usually it's something like the sudden realization that my phone's not in my pocket, or when I get trapped in a string of abstract thought and can't get out of it.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 07:30:06 am »
I'm generally an emotionless, apathetic drone so getting scared isn't something I tend to do, but when it does happen usually it's something like the sudden realization that my phone's not in my pocket, or when I get trapped in a string of abstract thought and can't get out of it.
This is how I am when my personality is calm(Within hours of waking up). I'm starting to wonder if staying up for long hours is causing some kind of stress on my body. I tend to jump more when I haven't had sleep.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 12:25:16 pm »
< ends up having panic attacks when the lights go out and its completely dark.... I end up crying... and being tickled.. on my feet

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 07:12:48 pm »
Something I found odd, was out to dinner with my girlfriend an was talking about fear and she said I was pratically fearless. How odd is that?
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »
Gaaah if its one thing that scares me the most its Japanese horror movies!!!!!!!!! DDDDx
I mean its ALWAYS a girl...with long black hair...that does the the little things that get to you! D:
Like while I'm watching it I'll jump and say "oh my gosh" out loud and be fine after the movie is over. But then the little things just come back into my head and scare me xD
I'll be randomly walking through my hallways or like laying in bed or opening my closet and it will just come to me ._.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 04:49:18 pm »
Spiders, the dark, and drunk people.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 05:03:38 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWwPP6HFzQ

When I saw that video it was probably the most frightened I've ever been.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »
I'm not scared of the dark or spiders or whatever, but needles make me literally cry and I scream every time I see an ant. Bad experiences when I was little = I just cannot deal with them, at all. I don't usually react much when I'm startled - my best friend likes to drag me to haunted houses and pumpkin patches around Halloween, and while she's clinging to my arm and screaming at everything I just kind of...inhale sharply.

(Side note, there are also a few specific episodes of Doctor Who and Buffy that give me those 'can't fall asleep or the monsters'll get me' kind of feelings. I'm sure you know which episodes I mean if you've watched those shows.)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 09:27:51 pm »
Scared myself pretty good coming back from the coast a couple months back. Got to the summit between Florence and Eugene, and the car went squirrelly, and then did a bootleg 180! I had no control, and was so lucky we didn't go over the edge, or hit the car next to us.

I have no idea how it happened. But, I do take it much slower around corners now. Especially with studded tires on!

Yes, I played it calm and cool, to not make my wife even more terrified than she already was.
Have Fun

Jay