Author Topic: Beauty Rituals  (Read 1540 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Beauty Rituals
« on: December 25, 2010, 09:10:09 pm »
I'm pretty sure someone posted this topic before but I can't find it. What do you do before the con to make sure you look your best? I have a costume that shows a lot of my chest and shoulders and I do have a bit of scars on them and I would like to help them fade a little but it isn't that big of a deal.

I just want to know what other people do. Do you have skin creams you use to make your skin soft, keep away acne, make it glow. Pass on your secrets to the rest of the world. Night lotus showed me this video to make your own nose strips and it is one part unflavored gelatin mix and one part milk heated up for 10 seconds then put on your nose till it dries and it removes blackheads.

One thing I always like to read about is at home hair treatments. Anyone got any?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Beauty Rituals
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 10:32:41 pm »
Here is one that I recomend, if you have a infected sore or cut or anything like that on your face dont put makeup on it, it will make it worse.

keep it clean and use a little neosporin on it not a lot. 

I have a co worker who get infected pores and then covers it with make up and it makes it so much worse

Me I am allergic to most makeup so I almost never wear any, my rituals are mostly simple a little astringet if face feels oily, and shower before bed.  think about it morning showers your sleeping in all the dirt you've been in all day.
Shower at night and sleep clean.
I am a slave to my nails, trim base coat and polish.  Base coat keeps nails from turing funky colors from the polish
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 12:09:31 am »
I've been told that having a razor in a cup of ice will help shaving one's face more effectively.  I only tried it once, back at Halloween.  It helped, but it didn't do it as well as I'd hoped.  (I honestly think that I should've had the blade in there longer, or something).

For my "figure," I have a back brace that I wear.  Not only does it help with my figure but it also helps lessen the pain that I have from an old sports injury.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 01:47:28 am »
For my "figure," I have a back brace that I wear.  Not only does it help with my figure but it also helps lessen the pain that I have from an old sports injury.
Posture is super ****ing important. I'm glad you realize this. <3

I'm still figuring out what I should do. My nose and mouth are suffering a bit right now thanks to clogged pores and bad food. I hope this is all fixed before the con next week. :(
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 10:46:48 am »
Posture is super ****ing important. I'm glad you realize this. <3

Thank you.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh