Author Topic: finding books  (Read 2134 times)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
finding books
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:12:07 pm »
Does anyone have any good ways of finding a book that they don't know the title or the author for it? It's a pretty screwed situation but I really want to find this book I read a long time ago. I remember the plot and some of the things that happen but not character names or important things like that.

I'd really like the help. Anyone else have this problem? XD
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
Re: finding books
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 05:31:21 pm »
I assume you've tried google and other search engines, so I have only one more idea. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous... But have you tried browsing the key plot points on fanfiction.net? If it's even remotely known, it has a chance of being in the listings.
I'm sorry that I cannot be of more use.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 05:38:03 pm »
Try these, I don't know if it'll be any help, I just googled your question and pasted links that looked helpful. :)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-find-a-book-without-knowing-the-title-or-author/
http://www.allreaders.com/
http://books.google.com/advanced_book_search

Hope it works. :D
I miss 2010.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 06:05:59 pm »
Lol thank you both. I dunno why I didn't think Fanfiction. That's a wonderful idea. Thank you. XD

I tried all readers but it just was too vague when I tried searching. The others looks good, thank you. :33
da/tumblr

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 07:21:05 pm »
You could post a description of it and see if anyone knows what book it is?
Yahoo answers maybe?
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »
This is really all I can give. If a specific question is asked I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

The book is in the point of view of a wild feline; Either a jaguar, panther, or leopard. I remember she had spots. She's traveling with two others of her kind except she's different from them in color or something. They're in a heavily cultured forest. It's very green and possibly humid. I don't remember what they're destination is except that they go by some ruins where there's this large archway. She wants to go through, feels compelled too but her companions who are older than her tell her not too. She starts having dreams where she's connected to this other feline from the past who's in Egypt or something like that. He's owned by a prince who he's connected with and he hunts for him. He's apart of these competitions where other large cats battle and hunt. Her companions have never had anything like this happen to them because she's a special leopard or something that has a great destiny. The ruins have to do with the feline in the past of course I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

This is so vague but I can't remember that much of it that's probably important. I read it back in Middle school so I know it's young adult. Sorry for those that try to help me. ;A;

(just submitted the question to yahoo answers)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:03:58 pm by tofutakeout »
da/tumblr

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 01:04:57 am »
I know this problem it sucks.

how long ago did you read that could narrow it a little if we know its no newer then 19xx whatever you know?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 04:24:30 am »
I am not a furry nor an anthropomorphic artist, but I'm friends with panelists on the forums who are. Perhaps someone will have made fan art of or cosplayed those characters. Interesting plot.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 12:08:17 pm »
I doubt there's fan art of it. The animals don't have human traits at all. They talk but only with one another. Human's can't really understand them.

Well I know I read it in 7th grade which was 2004-2005. I even used that in my search and it hasn't given me anything. I know the cover of the book was dark and didn't have very much color on it.
da/tumblr