Author Topic: I'm stuck with greenish yellow hair for two weeks...  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
I'm stuck with greenish yellow hair for two weeks...
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »
So I decided to dye my hair turquoise..It sounded like a good idea at the time, so I did. It looked good for for about two days until it turned bright green. Now it's fading out even more and turning yellow. I wanted to try home dying it but my mom said it might ruin my hair since I bleached it before. So I'm going to an actual hair stylist, but he's going away for two weeks >,<...

Have any of you guys been stuck with a very horrible color in your hair..?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: I'm stuck with greenish yellow hair for two weeks...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:09:06 pm »
Yeah. Mine went from wheaten blond to mouse brown. That is until it went gray.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:55:49 pm »
Not with dying hair, but when I was 5 I once chopped the hair infront of my eyes off.

My bangs were like 10'' long and always in  my face and I was like "no more!!!"  My mom was pissed.  I was happy to have my hair out of my eyes for a little while.  My mom made me have really long hair until I was about 14 years old.

This might be why every now and then I will just chopp my hair off or give myself a trim
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:04:38 pm »
It'll probably be faded in two weeks. Do you own any wigs? I'd wear one if it was that bad.

Also, wash your hair a LOT. Like, once a day. The more you wash your hair, the faster the dye will come out.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »
It'll probably be faded in two weeks. Do you own any wigs? I'd wear one if it was that bad.

Also, wash your hair a LOT. Like, once a day. The more you wash your hair, the faster the dye will come out.
Bad thing is..I bleached it, and I look horrible blond. So I have to wait for the person to re dye it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:15:37 pm by Kallika »

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:23:39 pm »

Bad thing is..I bleached it, and I look horrible blond. So I have to wait for the person to re dye it.
I'd rather have natural-looking hair than yellow-green, but it's up to you. Next time, you should try a different brand of dye. SFX is good.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:01:06 pm »
No no, I've well used the color I bought. I bought a 3 week- one month color..it's just fading now. The bleached color I have looks pretty horrible. I'm just hoping I can get it re dyed to something better soon.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 09:42:32 pm »
Well, you said it turned bright green after two days. That doesn't sound very good.

What brand of dye are you using?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 09:50:44 pm »
Recently I decided to go from dyed black hair (it's naturally dark brown) to blonde.

Yeah that didn't really work out. The parts where the dye washed out got super super light and became the color I wanted, but then the bottom parts were a dark red/orange where the color started to lift but then stopped.
Oh god it looked AWFUL.
So a few days later I went and got it dyed dark red to match the dark parts, and I've since gotten it trimmed, but you can still see the darker parts where the bleach didn't work.

I've heard green is an absolute bitch to work with in hair because it washes out badly. Maybe you could cover it up with some blue if you still want the color without bleaching?
Or you could just get a box of dye at a drug store in a dark brown. I'd suggest black but then it's nearly impossible to get out, as I've discovered.
Also I once dyed my hair bright orange with Kool-Aid, the color stayed longer than any dye I've used, it was cheap, and it smelled amazing and left my hair feeling like silk.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:10:16 pm »
Recently I decided to go from dyed black hair (it's naturally dark brown) to blonde.

Yeah that didn't really work out. The parts where the dye washed out got super super light and became the color I wanted, but then the bottom parts were a dark red/orange where the color started to lift but then stopped.
Oh god it looked AWFUL.
So a few days later I went and got it dyed dark red to match the dark parts, and I've since gotten it trimmed, but you can still see the darker parts where the bleach didn't work.
Was it temporary black hair dye? I put that stuff in my hair once and when I went to get it out they informed me it's a really bad idea to dye your hair blonde if it has temporary black dye in it because apparently they put iron in the dye.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 10:57:40 pm »
No it was was semi-permanent dye that I had done at a salon. I usually get completely permanent but the girl who did it wasn't my normal stylist so she used the wrong kind.
I've been dying my hair since I was in 6th grade, so I know what I'm doing at this point lol. But my stylist told me to never get black again because it's so hard to get out, and I'll likely be following that haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »
I ws going to refer you to the song Green Manilishi, but after reading about it in Wikipedia, I thought it would really make you hate your hair. Funny it was more fun when it was just one of my favorite Judas Priest songs. Sorry about that.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 12:59:21 pm »
I haven't ever had my hair a color I didn't like but I have blonde highlights right now and they're growing out and I hate the space between the roots and the blonde part. IT DRIVES ME NUTS. But I haven't gotten around to doing anything about it because while on one hand I really like the way it looks with the blonde in it, I don't want to keep having to re-dye it so I'm thinking about dying it back to my natural color or close to it so that when it grows out the roots don't show up as much.
I miss 2010.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »
I get to dye it dark red on Saturday, so I guess it's fine. The hair guy looked at it two days ago and said I could pretty easily dye over it. It's just a bit weird going to school with such a weird hair color.