Author Topic: Independent Animation, critique wanted  (Read 2199 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Independent Animation, critique wanted
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:34:55 pm »
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was in an experimental animation class this quarter and had to make a short animation by myself in 11 weeks from scratch (Mines not like, really experimental but I like telling stories and not any of that implying, symbolism crap). I finished it about 15 minutes before it was to premiere yesterday, and though there's a bunch of stuff I wanted to fix, I thought it was ok. Today I received and email from my teacher saying I did a good job and she wants me to submit it to a bunch of festivals....

and I really don't think it's ready for that....

And even though people have told me that there's really no harm in submitting it, I'm not worried about it getting declined, I'm more worried if there is any chance in hell it gets accepted, that it doesn't really represent me fully as everything I'm capable of doing.
I have a few weeks before deadline so I want this thing to get all polished up and looking fantastic before I send it out.

So I ask you good people of the Kumoricon forums, would you please give my animation a look and rip the ever living hell out of it? Anything that looks weird, tell me. If you think it's absolutely stupid, tell me. I'm used to harsh critique and I don't want this going around looking like crap. I want to make sure I don't miss anything and continue adding to my list of "What needs work".

Anyways that's it. I hope you enjoy it.

Click here for some sweet vidya linkage

Also mods if this belongs in Fan Creations please move it. I didn't really think it really did so I left it here~
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:37:05 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Re: Independent Animation, critique wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 12:35:52 am »
That was trippy as ****. Put it on Newgrounds. o_o
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 12:49:11 am »
First, you have an awesome last name. Or maybe it's because you're the only other  person I've met who isn't a family friend who has "cz" in it.

Second, I really liked it, it was pretty awesome. One thing, though, that I thought was kind of narmy was the polka-dotted pink thing with the buttons at 0:41. It probably didn't help that the buttons were orange- Maybe make there be more contrast?

Other than that, I loved it. Nice job!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:49:22 am by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 12:39:50 am »
Why are there brown clouds in space?
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 06:49:28 pm »
Why are there brown clouds in space?

My turds belong to Nikki J

Hmmm, I think I found out why!

It sounds French. Like, did you use the Amelie soundtrack for it? I think maybe change the music to something more flying sounding, not introspective.

What you have is this Bambi Meets Godzilla. So you need something to heighten the startlement of the finale.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:07:32 pm »
@Miria-
Thanks! I didn't notice that so I'll defiantly do that.

@Arrison-
Because brown clouds are in this season. Fixing the rocks are on the to do list because they look like gray blobs.

@Jay-
Music I can't do much about, my boyfriend and friend made that music for me to go with the animation. I can't put any songs I haven't "made myself" unless I have some consent from the musicians (why I got my boyfriend to do it) or if it's royalty free (Searching for something that fits under that category is a task in itself). And though I could ask them to redo the music, getting them together the first time to do it took me 10 weeks for them to have schedules that permitted it and I would pretty much have to reanimate the last half of the short because it's timed to the music. I want to make this better but I am set on a time limit and that's a bit more then I'm going to have time for. If it helps any, I am planning on putting a monster noise when he pops up and eats him. Thanks for watching!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:08:55 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:01:16 pm »
Send me a can of Coke, and I'll send yuo one Monstrous belch! Okay, maybe I shouldn't be so proud of them, but what the heck.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 09:55:17 am »
Maybe put a sound effect when the giant turd monster eats ship?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.