Author Topic: Healthy / Get Better Food  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Healthy / Get Better Food
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »
So I have been sick for a while and I have no access to medicine to get better nor will I for a while...

I'm trying to fight off this sickness myself but it's hard. I was wondering what you guys can give for good foods to help fight what I have...
Which is a stuffy/runny nose (My brother calls me sniffles now...), a fluctuating temperature, and a nasty taste in my mouth even after brushing my teeth/tongue.

Any help would be great. ):

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Re: Healthy / Get Better Food
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 03:02:05 pm »
Okay sniffles...<3
Hahaha :D

Try eating these:

Chicken sandwiches(yay Wendy's?)
Ginger slices
A bottle of Reed's

I never get the common cold, flu, sinus congestion or random infections and these are probably why. Try not to die too soon. :)
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:16:04 pm »
Ginger Slices...? Like ginger itself?

Reeds....???

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:42 pm »
Ginger Slices...? Like ginger itself?
Yes. :)
Reeds....???
Sorry, I know I eat a lot of weird food. Reed's ginger ales are pretty good. Nowhere near as pricey or delicious as Fentiman's ginger beer but it gets the job done.

Make sure you eat enough food.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 03:42:45 pm »
Kay... I'll see if I can find some ginger...
How does it taste? Sweet? Got a kick to it?

I'll be sure to look into that one when I turn 21. XP

Eating food is a big thing for me... I normally don't eat enough and that's why I get sick all the time but I just don't think about eating. I can go almost a whole day before I realize I haven't eaten.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 04:01:02 pm »
I had a similar problem last cold because I am pregnant I can't take ANY cold meds, Only tylenol.        So here is what helped me- hot soup I would recommend lipton chicken broth with noodles, It's pretty light and brothy, puddin and yogurt because the tummy can get empty, All the water , hot beverages , and juice you can drink-esp important with the fever, the more you drink the more you can sweat the fever out.  Also pharmacist recommends saline nose spray to rinse out snot... I bought some But I didn't quiet figure it out...... Also!!! Minty stuff, like mint chocolate chip ice cream!!!                  I have had a sore throat for weeks because when I have morning (anytime) sickness it leaves my throat raw and when I wake up it's bad  again :p
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 04:10:43 pm »
Kay... I'll see if I can find some ginger...
How does it taste? Sweet? Got a kick to it?

I'll be sure to look into that one when I turn 21. XP
Wait, you don't eat ginger? Or are you talking about the ginger beer? It's normal! It's a cola. It's rated 0.5% alcohol by volume. I've been drinking the stuff since I was 19. Jesus...x_X'
Eating food is a big thing for me...
It should be. It's where you get most of your energy. :3
I normally don't eat enough and that's why I get sick all the time but I just don't think about eating. I can go almost a whole day before I realize I haven't eaten.
Do you forget to eat? o_o

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 04:39:19 pm »
Super - I am iffy on meds cause I've been having stomach issues and the doctors don't know whats wrong with me yet so they told me to take it easy on pills until they find out what it is.
Do you think Ramen would work...? I know we have that in the house...
Would hot chocolate work maybe? or should I just drink a lot of water?

Daemon - No, I've never had ginger itself...
And I've never had the Ale so I didn't know. XP I'll ask a friend and see about it.
And yes, I forget to eat... I haven't eaten yet today for that matter... :/

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »
Super - I am iffy on meds cause I've been having stomach issues and the doctors don't know whats wrong with me yet so they told me to take it easy on pills until they find out what it is.
Random gastrointestinal discomfort? Could be indigestion or a virus. o.O

My only advice for your current diet would be to avoid very large amounts of protein in one sitting. Especially protein bars. Medium triglycerides are good but when I was physically and emotionally exhausted, I made the mistake of eating protein bars when I didn't have any food left in the house. They're always way too sweet and the sugar alcohol will only give you serious problems on top of what you're already experiencing. 99% of my health problems are immediately caused by what I'm eating(or what I'm not). I'm willing to bet you're the same. It's a constant balancing act and even though you don't know what's going on in you half the time, you need to make constant adjustments to your diet to keep yourself from turning into a total wreck. You are responsible for you.
Would hot chocolate work maybe? or should I just drink a lot of water?
Well you're supposed to drink water. Derpy derpy derp...
Daemon - No, I've never had ginger itself...
That's so sad. (;ω;)
And yes, I forget to eat... I haven't eaten yet today for that matter... :/
Ahahahahaah this reminds me of a girl I met long ago back when I was stupid enough to be dating her. She was thin as a stick, had numerous health problems and would worry and complain for what still seems to me is no reason. She wasn't on any meds and didn't have anything too wrong with her but she would never eat right and she would forget to eat. It became a chore to feed her since she didn't like food either(how can anyone NOT like food?!) and that was the deal breaker for me. I realize that some people are stupid but it takes a special kind of stupid if you forget to eat food. Every time I've starved it was because of food being inaccessible. Unless you like being in Seattle during the 4th of July, you shouldn't have that excuse.

These days when I hear someone tell me "I forget to eat" I have an almost overwhelming urge to cuddle them then shove food down their throat. (^з^)-☆

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 05:05:09 pm »
Hot chocolate is good, and so is Ramen is okay, It's loaded with salt but when sick you loose a lot of salt from sweating, I would make it with extra water so you get more water in your system.   Ginger is good for you and easy on the tummy, I drink ginger ale sometimes to settle my stomach. Also vitamin C !!!  Yeah eating is hard sometimes, what I have been doin because I am too puky in the morning for solid food, I have some carnation instant breakfast drink mix in milk so I am at least getting nutrition.  Can get it at most stores and costco.  It tastes like chocolate milk only less sweet

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 05:18:38 pm »
Daemon - They don't know. I've had a lot of tests done from peeing in a cup to an ultrasound but nothing has come up yet.
I'm going to another place soon cause there people seem too stupid.
I was talking to her about the hot drinks she recommended. I know I need to drink water but I wasn't sure if it would be okay to drink hot cocoa for the heat.
Why is that sad?
Thanks for calling me stupid jerk... :/ I eat when I get hungry so if I'm not hungry I don't think about food and thus I don't eat. Also, if I'm busy I focus on the task at hand, not on time or when I should eat. I don't hate food and if someone puts it in front of me then I'll eat it. My bf or our roommate sometimes have to remind me to eat regularly because I just don't get hungry.

Super - Surprisingly, ginger ale makes me sick when I drink it. :/ I have never figured out why.
And I drank all the orange juice we had the other day. >.>;
I'll look into that but I wouldn't be able to every morning cause I'm lactose intolerant so I have to portion my milk and dairy.
To make matters worse I started my period today... T.T

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 05:20:58 pm »
ginger is also good for curing dizzyness. They tested it on that Food Network show.

I'm getting something too. My wife has brought work home with her. sigh.

Chicken soup! with or without rice is just as nice.

Wish I could just chug gallons of O.J. But since I went diabetic, I try to watch my carbs more seriously. And of course I seem to forget taking vitamin C now that I actually have started feeling sick.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »
Daemon - They don't know. I've had a lot of tests done from peeing in a cup to an ultrasound but nothing has come up yet.
Wait...How...No I won't ask. -_-
I'm going to another place soon cause there people seem too stupid.
Probably a good idea. I'm convinced the doctors are greedy and stupid. I'm glad I pulled my grandfather away from all the fuss when they discovered a nodule in his lung. It's been there since he was 12 and he's so old now that if they try to mess with it, he'd bleed to death on the operating table. I don't see how some people can get a degree without a shred of common sense.
I was talking to her about the hot drinks she recommended. I know I need to drink water but I wasn't sure if it would be okay to drink hot cocoa for the heat.
*burns away the evil* Delicious chocolate for the win.
Why is that sad?
Because you're very prone to sickness. Poo. (;ω;)
Thanks for calling me stupid jerk... :/
<3
I eat when I get hungry so if I'm not hungry I don't think about food and thus I don't eat. Also, if I'm busy I focus on the task at hand, not on time or when I should eat.
I have to load myself up on calories before tasks but since I burn through them so quickly, I need to keep a consistent eating schedule or I start to go downhill fast. My body is crap. x_X
I don't hate food and if someone puts it in front of me then I'll eat it.
Sounds like a see food problem. :)
To make matters worse I started my period today... T.T
Well at least you're not pregnant? >.>'

Orange juice is good but try not to overload on it or your body will mark everything toxic and reject it.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 05:53:26 pm »
ew period is the last thing you need!  I know a little red meat always makes od feel better during that time.