Author Topic: Laid off  (Read 3741 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Laid off
« on: April 04, 2011, 03:23:35 pm »
Okay want to stay positive about this and keep looking at the bright side.  Its official I just received final word from my manager due to shift changes and state cut backs I will be laid off (as well as 4-5 other people).  So I will be 13 weeks pregnant and laid off. At least I won't have to puke right before work for a while Yay!!  And unemployment money! Time to get nursery ready!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Re: Laid off
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:10:12 pm »
Aren't you glad? :3

I had a fairly similar experience with my boss last week but they weren't cutting back. They were hiring two new guys and having all kinds of mechanical problems every day that everyone would invariably have to wait on. If you get a shortage of delicious sandwich breads from Olympia, just remember: Blame the blown motor. >.>'

Now we just need to keep you loaded on all kinds of delicious foods to keep you as content as ever. <3
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 04:19:53 pm »
Depending on if the government shuts down again and for how long, there'll be plenty of people joining you.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »
I hope you get to do what you need Jaz.

Good luck!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 06:05:18 pm »
Thanks I appreciate it. Once again I want to focus on the positive I don't want to stress about the negativebecause it's bad for the baby. 

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:08:09 am »
Prayers for your sustenance.
Prayers for your clients who are losing their best workers.
I am also very scared because I always have been relying on being able to go back into residential support services and those positions are a lot of what is being cut.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 10:41:44 am »
Thanks I appreciate it.  Staffing being cut by 2/3 s I know is going to be hard on the clients, at least its a bette option then them moving to another facility, this way they can keep their home.  One client is going to miss me a lot, I just hope when I tell my coworkers to keep an eye on her they do.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:27:11 pm »
Just got my last pay check.  Its missing 12 hours of work on it I notified my manager butI worry when will i get it

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 09:05:25 pm »
Shall I assume you have already filed at the unenjoyment office?

Missing 12 hours. I know about that. I came back from vacation to find out that one of the executives burned all the rabbit barns down and fled to Brazil with a million bucks. I got my money. Good thing too, as I was going into the navy shortly afterward. As if I needed money in boot camp.

So what are your more immediate plans?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 09:14:47 pm »
I have applied.  I am not sure for plans, I will look around job wise, but I want to figure out what i really want  from a carrier . also figure  If can pay my bills on unemployment.  also while not workin, enjoy it, and enjoy being pregnant.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 12:42:50 pm »
We all wish you luck on this trial of life you're on, Jaz!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 01:30:55 pm »
Thanks I just got work that they found the error and my check is in the mail.

There really is a lot of positive in it as long as I look at the situation right

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »
Just don't let yourself get too down, if looking for work seems to be taking too long. There's always Alpha Plasma Centers. And fast food.

Enjoy your enjoyment.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 08:00:48 pm »
Just don't let yourself get too down, if looking for work seems to be taking too long. There's always Alpha Plasma Centers. And fast food.

no to both baby needs my plasma and fast food makes me puke right now

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:27:51 am »
Thanks I appreciate it.  Staffing being cut by 2/3 s I know is going to be hard on the clients, at least its a bette option then them moving to another facility, this way they can keep their home.  One client is going to miss me a lot, I just hope when I tell my coworkers to keep an eye on her they do.
I literally had a nightmare about this all night last night. Not your personal situation, but the question of where people are going to go, who are truly disabled and have no other option. In my nightmare I was going trying to find a place for myself and my cat to sleep in an apartment, cleaned out a room for us then woke to find my former group home manager had moved the clients in to my house, under the guise of me throwing a party for them, and she explained I was the only one left who had a house so they had to put the clients somewhere. That they were being herded like cats or dogs into whatever spaces were left and had nothing to eat but Chex cereal provided by government/military spies. I think that was a metaphor for all the $ that *could* go to crucial human services that instead goes to the military and needless wars.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).