Author Topic: Is Pluto a Planet?  (Read 15545 times)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Is Pluto a Planet?
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:01 am »
That seems like a pretty interesting Idea Wa-kun! I would love to read it when you are done!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »
Don't see why not, but it'd have to be a fast working one. Haley's Comet only comes around every 76 years. It was last here in 1986 and won't come back until 2061.

So, does that mean Haley's hasn't been done in the series, yet?

That seems like a pretty interesting Idea Wa-kun! I would love to read it when you are done!

Sure thing!  I'm thinking it won't be done in time for this year's fanfic contests, but I do hope it'll be done by the con itself.  If so, I'll give you a copy!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2011, 04:48:59 pm »
I
Well yeah since we're spending all our money on war and bailouts (Sorry if I offend anyone, this is just my view)

No. The president decided to cancel any future development by NASA for the foreseeable future. He needed to gut something that most Democrats don't care about. And since all the space based industries are in the Deep South, it fit his agenda perfectly.

wow there, hold up, now your just getting stereotypical. every since involved person I know is a hardcore democrat. I would love to continue on this subject (debate makes me happy) but thats not the topic of this forum......getting back to the Pluto thing. Pluto is a dwarf planet and where I would love to say that we will be jumping to explore it and so on, as was said earlier our technology is waaaaaaay far off from there and we aren't even starting the MARS project yet which would have taken 1000 years in estimate and NASA said thats more of a minimum....
I'm a hardcore democrat and I think we should cut space funding for right now. Education and health care need that money.  :-\

Now, on-topic: I joke about how Pluto is still a planet IN MY HEART and about how I had to memorize it as part of the planets in third grade so it should still be a planet, but it's just a joke. Pluto shouldn't be considered a planet anymore, not if we can't add the other dwarf planets as real planets too.

Moderate Democrat and we should cut Defense. Have you seen the budget? I think we can spare some money. It's stupid-huge.
That too.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »
How badly do we want to sidetrack this thread? lol

Pluto is smaller than the Moon aka Luna.

And yes, president Obama killed our return to the Moon by 2020. It was the Orion program. Fired NASA administrator Griffin too. THe first and only rocket scientist to have held the post. Now we have a political appointee. Or should I say another political appointee?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 08:57:35 pm »

And yes, president Obama killed our return to the Moon by 2020. It was the Orion program. Fired NASA administrator Griffin too. THe first and only rocket scientist to have held the post. Now we have a political appointee. Or should I say another political appointee?

Mmmrrrrff.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 09:08:25 pm »

Mmmrrrrff.

You can't remember the Eddie Murphy movie about Pluto? Mmmrrrrff.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 10:38:21 pm »
It's my frustrated noise. God, I never saw that movie, but you bring back memories of bad commercials.

Wa-kun, no, Haley's comet was never touched upon. I think the Perseid meteor shower might have been alluded to in the second movie with Princess Kaguya, but I don't think it was a direct reference. If you want something that doesn't happen every 76 years, that's an option. There's a lot of other things that are space related that you can use as an idea for a bad guy.

In addition to Eris, Celes, and Pluto, two other dwarf planets are Haumea and Makemake.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haumea_%28dwarf_planet%29
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makemake_%28dwarf_planet%29

Makemake has a weirder, less threatening name, but it was named after the God of Easter Island's ancient civilization that eventually died out via cannibalism.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 12:08:38 am »
So my Sailor Eris design thing from upthread spawned a whole team - her, Ceres (I know there's one already, shhh), Haumea and Makemake. They're here (http://thepettycoat.deviantart.com/#/d3dvmv8) if anyone's curious.

...I may have a problem. I've been doodling these guys a loooot in the past couple days. :/

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 07:36:15 am »
They're cool!
It's not a problem, my Otaku Senshi take over my creative mind all the time!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 10:42:20 am »
It's my frustrated noise. God, I never saw that movie, but you bring back memories of bad commercials.

Same here.  Nothing about the commercials made me want to see the movie.  In fact, I lost what respect I had for Eddie after that.  (He gained a lot of it back, though, with Daddy Day Care).

Wa-kun, no, Haley's comet was never touched upon. I think the Perseid meteor shower might have been alluded to in the second movie with Princess Kaguya, but I don't think it was a direct reference. If you want something that doesn't happen every 76 years, that's an option. There's a lot of other things that are space related that you can use as an idea for a bad guy.

Actually, since I made that post, I decided to look into other options.  I'm thinking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/596_Scheila orhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/944_Hidalgo .

Offline Jinx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 03:42:52 pm »

Actually, since I made that post, I decided to look into other options.  I'm thinking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/596_Scheila orhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/944_Hidalgo .

love it. do it.

Possible cosplay 2012 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 07:38:42 pm »
Sounds like a really interesting Idea Wa-kun, since much isn't known about it you could come up with lots of stuff

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 02:56:46 pm »
Thanks.  There's another idea that I've come up with, too.  What about the Sun itself?  Has there been a character based off of that?

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 09:28:46 pm »
Not that i know of in the Cannon, but there have been tons of Fan Sailor Suns.
My favorite is Sakky's Sailor Sun, http://www.sailorastera.com/otaku_sun_profile.php

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:57 pm »
Hmm... ideas are forming...