Author Topic: Gun rights (mostly)  (Read 4729 times)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Gun rights (mostly)
« on: April 12, 2011, 06:23:04 pm »
^ I'd never vote third party because they'd never win and I'd be taking away a vote from someone who isn't necessarily good but is better than the alternative. I don't want a repeat of the 2004 election.

^^ I mostly meant about the economy and personal freedoms. I hate how democrats hate guns, though. I almost joined the NRA today.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 06:28:48 pm »
^ I'd never vote third party because they'd never win and I'd be taking away a vote from someone who isn't necessarily good but is better than the alternative. I don't want a repeat of the 2004 election.
This is how I feel in every election and it seems I'm always right since the results carry the same pattern.
I hate how democrats hate guns, though. I almost joined the NRA today.

I really must be one of the last gangster ass ****ing democrats because I don't hate guns. I hate the thought of holding or using them but I have nothing against keeping armed guards around.~<3

Also, the NRA sucks. Don't join them. If you really like guns so much, you would realize the NRA is a waste of your time.
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »

The Democrats have you right where they want you.  You've basically just said, "No matter how bad you are, I will still vote for you so long as you are better than whatever the Republicans have to offer."  Votes are earned, and not owed, so I don't think of it as "taking a vote away" from anyone.

^^ I mostly meant about the economy and personal freedoms. I hate how democrats hate guns, though. I almost joined the NRA today.

I'm not entirely fond of the NRA.  They strike me as an organization that exists only to ensure that gun manufacturers can make lots and lots of money by selling guns to as many people as possible.  Being pro-gun rights (like I am) doesn't necessarily mean you have to be pro-NRA or even a member of the NRA.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:46:04 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:37:28 pm »
I'm an NRA lifetime member. I do not find them a waste of my time.

It hardly seems to matter whom you vote for if you live in Portland  or the Eugene area. There are so many strident D's voting, that voting anyone else is more an exercise in futility, or keep them from having Saddam Hussein kind of turnout. 90% for the D. candidate! CHicago machine, it's coming to a major metropolitan area near you! Look for the Acorns in your mailbox. Maybe you'll find Squirrel in there too.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 07:50:32 pm »

The Democrats have you right where they want you.  You've basically just said, "No matter how bad you are, I will still vote for you so long as you are better than whatever the Republicans have to offer."  Votes are earned, and not owed, so I don't think of it as "taking a vote away" from anyone.
Hah, true.

I'm not entirely fond of the NRA.  They strike me as an organization that exists only to ensure that gun manufacturers can make lots and lots of money by selling guns to as many people as possible.  Being pro-gun rights (like I am) doesn't necessarily mean you have to be pro-NRA or even a member of the NRA.
Eh, from what I've seen their goal is to make sure people know how to operate guns safely and to show that no, guns aren't the worst thing in the world.

I was using the NRA to show Jaybug just how COOL and GUN-LOVING I am. xD;;
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:20:41 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 09:09:56 pm »
Tuscon knows how well that new law worked.

I learned it somewhere, never give an order you know will not be obeyed. Somewhere we should have a corollary that states never make a law that you know will not be enforced.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:26:29 pm »
So what about those of us who live in a city where you have to legally keep your handguns locked in a cabinet? That makes selling guns a bit hard, don't you think? I'd rather order them over the internet if it means saving gas, especially considering my car gets horrible mileage.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 11:23:16 pm »
CHicago machine, it's coming to a major metropolitan area near you! Look for the Acorns in your mailbox. Maybe you'll find Squirrel in there too.
This has such a delightfully terrifying tone. For some reason I want to watch some squirrel launching videos on noobtube. o_O
So what about those of us who live in a city where you have to legally keep your handguns locked in a cabinet?
Learn to open carry. Oregon is extremely friendly about this. More so that Washington. I know I'm protected under Article I Section 24. I don't know the Oregon constitution but I know you still have some waiting to do until you have all your rights. ;)

At least Donald has made his point extremely clear. With the way he talks, you wouldn't expect this from him either. 8)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:05:48 am »
Broke this up with topic titles for ease of read.

OPEN CARRY
Open carry? Seriously? Like, seriously? You actually carry a gun around you in the sight of others? That has "bad idea" written all over it unless it's for a special even or maybe a rural area. I can see it working there, but urban and suburban places? I doubt it. Just because both Oregon and Washington state are open carry states does not mean it's a good idea. Sure, you have the legal right to, but don't bitch if all of a sudden the police are asking you questions or you're being followed around or asked to leave. If you are in a place like a mall, for example, that is private property and the rules might forbid such actions. Carrying them out in the open can possibly be considered as aggressive behavior or menacing, depending on how you act and how you carry your weapon. If you are angry about something and have an open weapon, you are definitely upping the risk of being arrested for menacing.

Also, if you are angry with a weapon at your hip, for instance, with police talking to you about it, if you make a sudden move, especially in the vicinity of your weapon, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE SHOT. Police officers are highly trained to take action if there is suspected threat, and any any quick motion whatsoever when armed will more than likely fall under that threat category. When faced with police officers when carrying a weapon, for god's sake, drop the weapon.

GUN LAWS AND RIGHTS
Article 1 section 24 of the Washington State Constitution mentions that you have the right to bear arms, not that you are okay with carrying them out in the open. What is written there is a more direct version of the rights granted by the Federal Constitution.

If you hide it in any regard, even stuffing it in the hemline of your pants or a backpack, it's a concealed weapon and you need a permit. If you do not, it is illegal and can have serious penalty. In Washington, if you have a gun in your car, you need a concealed weapon's permit. (My source: Wikipedia Gun Laws by state and conversations with some Oregon police officers).

Gun laws are definitely not black and white, and I would take any advice given here with serious consideration and fact-checking. While both Washington and Oregon are considered open carry states, this does not mean that cities don't have their own separate laws that prevent open carry. If you want to try open carry, I HIGHLY suggest you look into the law by city.

I'm skeptical about a lot of the gun conversation that's going on here. I'm going to fact-check it with some cops I know and see what Oregon law says.

MISC.
I will always support Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul. They have plans that they will tell you in a way that is completely direct and cerebral. They will never get voted in office for it, but they will get my vote when I am able. I support people who vote for 3rd party candidates since I support a non-two party government. And in the spirit of George Washington,  a two party system will ruin this country, and I fear it is going that route. It should not be red states and blue states since that suggests that the options are ONLY conservative and ONLY liberal. This is just not the case. I have a LOT of liberal values, and I have a LOT of Conservative values. This country needs to have people who are willing to consider the others' point of view. That is a very idealistic viewpoint, however (much like those Anti-cop protesters that marched through PSU today. That's a great idea and all, but what will you do without cops? How will you catch criminals and lock those up who are truly dangerous? And what's with the black and chains? Talk about stereotypes.)

I do also agree with Joel Barlow, Washington's chaplain, and his quotation of "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." Thomas Jefferson also has some very interesting quotations on religion and this country that would probably surprise a lot of Americans. One such letter is in the back of my pocket Constitution that I carry around in my backpack. I don't know what I'll do with it, but I enjoy carrying it around and reading it on rare occasion. Hey, at least I've read the full Bill of Right and Constitution ;)

Obama's basically done what I expected him to: change very little. I don't think he's proven to be a bad president just yet (certainly not the worst) and I don't regret my vote. He'd have to do some majorly bad stuff to make me regret not voting for Palin. He has tried with a lot of regards, he has done a lot of minor good things, but the major problems are convoluted with difficult solutions, and I do believe there is a certain amount of corruption within our government, specifically with the influence of corporations over our representatives and congressmen.

I think this country underestimates how important state elections are. If you want real change, legalizing cannabis for instance (Take it elsewhere, folks! Move along! It's only an example!), that will happen on a state level before it goes Federal, and even then I doubt that will happen. Same goes for gay marriage. It has to happen on a state level before it happens Federally. That's a damn shame, too since it causes problems with marriage being recognized beyond state borders. Really sad, that is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:34:31 am by lychee-twist »
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 12:32:28 am »
Open carry? Seriously? Like, seriously? You actually carry a gun around you in the sight of others? That has "bad idea" written all over it. Article 1 section 24 of the Washington State Constitution mentions that you have the right to bear arms, not that you are okay with carrying them out in the open.
It's my family tradition to do so when we have something we wish to critically protect with our very lives. It becomes a part of daily life and quickly blends into the background as if it's another piece of clothing. Also, I don't believe you understand how laws function. There is nothing against the open carry of a firearm here in WA or in OR, therefore it is very much legal to do so in the public and in public places of business. You're how old and you never realized this? Whether you think it's a good idea or not for me to carry is your problem. Not mine. Personally I think most girls should at least have some form of self defense on them when they travel. It doesn't have to be a pistol(though it would help 10x). A stun gun or mace should be perfectly fine. Just as long as you learn how to use it. That's the one problem I have with people that carry defensive items. 80% of the time they don't know how to use them and that's what makes a bad situation far worse.
Carrying them out in the open can possibly be considered as aggressive behavior or menacing, depending on how you act and how you carry your weapon.
Then keep it properly holstered so that no one misinterprets your actions.
If you hide it in any regard, even stuffing it in the hemline of your pants or a backpack, it's a concealed weapon and you need a permit.
This is true. A CPL is also necessary if you car carry.
I'm skeptical about a lot of the conversation that's going on here. I'm going to fact-check it with some cops I know and see what Oregon law says.
I'm pretty sure your legislators haven't gone evil lately but the things police say are hit and miss. Just look up the laws. I think it would be under Article I for you guys too but I haven't read it in a while.
I voted for Obama and am not surprised by his actions because I never believed any of the promises he made. For me it was "the lesser of two evils" and what we agreed on in a very basic level, even if I knew not much was going to happen.
Same here. :(
Honestly, if you look at McCain's campaigning back in 2000, he really wasn't a bad candidate at all. He spoke for tax increases on the rich in a way that really would have made me vote for him had he not pulled a media move for votes. Then Palin came along and all went to hell.
Ahahahaha! I thought about voting for McCain until Palin came along. Scared the **** outta me. :-\

I thought of it like this: An old man that keeps having heart attacks...This stupid girl will be in charge when he's gone? BAD IDEA! I can't believe my parents still talk about this nutjob like she's the grace of God. Check please! :/

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 12:41:35 am »
I can't tell you how disappointed I was when McCain's campaign pulled in Sarah Palin.

Daemon, I'm telling you for your good, look up the laws. I just read about them. There is a difference between carrying in a park and carrying in a mall. I stress my statement about sudden movements. That's one reason there's been an increase in police related shootings as of late, people carry a weapon and make sudden movements. If you are angry, this just ups the problem regardless if you. Seriously, I say it for your benefit. I assume you carry in a holster since carrying in your hand would just be asking for worlds of trouble. You need to be fully aware of which place is defined as public and which place is defined as private. Most parking lots, for instance, are private property. That's why you'll never see cops really roaming that area. Schools migh be public, but they DEFINITELY have rules against weapons, and state law often reflects that. I just read the constitution for Washington and Oregon in regards to gun laws, and it is very short, mentioning nothing about open carry. It merely says "You have the right to bear arms and carry firearms".

Here's my source on the laws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_%28by_state%29#Oregon It's listed as Oregon, but if you scroll more, Washington's laws go into greater detail but lack the exact cities and counties that have limitations to open carry. Don't trust the little box to the right since it really doesn't have any facts filled in.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:45:27 am by lychee-twist »

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 01:11:56 am »
Daemon, I'm telling you for your good, look up the laws. I just read about them. There is a difference between carrying in a park and carrying in a mall. I stress my statement about sudden movements. That's one reason there's been an increase in police related shootings as of late, people carry a weapon and make sudden movements.
Good thing I'm in too much physical pain to make sudden movements. >.>'
If you are angry, this just ups the problem regardless if you. Seriously, I say it for your benefit. I assume you carry in a holster since carrying in your hand would just be asking for worlds of trouble.
Derp derp derp...
You need to be fully aware of which place is defined as public and which place is defined as private. Most parking lots, for instance, are private property.
Of course(Now talking about OR). There are certain areas that ban open carry and they do not get my business. Period. Yet for the most part, open carry seems to be widely acceptable in the public, when traveling, as soon as you turn 18, when you're on a college campus, in a restaurant, privately transferring your weapon and in the non-sterile area of the airport. For some reason machine gun ownership is allowed too. That part kind of scares me but cool. o.O
I just read the constitution for Washington and Oregon in regards to gun laws, and it is very short, mentioning nothing about open carry. It merely says "You have the right to bear arms and carry firearms".
Okay this bothers me enough to look it up for myself. What is the TLA for Oregon law? ORS? Here it's RCW.

Okay. First part talks about problems with concealed carry so lets skip down some.

166.250. (2) This section does not prohibit:
  (a) A minor, who is not otherwise prohibited under subsection
(1)(c) of this section, from possessing a firearm:
  (A) Other than a handgun, if the firearm was transferred to the minor by the minor's parent or guardian or by another person with the consent of the minor's parent or guardian; or
  (B) Temporarily for hunting, target practice or any other lawful purpose; or
  (b) Any citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides in or is temporarily sojourning within this state, and who is not within the excepted classes prescribed by ORS 166.270 and subsection (1) of this section, from owning, possessing or keeping within the person's place of residence or place of business any handgun, and no permit or license to purchase, own, possess or keep any such firearm at the person's place of residence or place of business is required of any such citizen. As used in this subsection, 'residence' includes a recreational vessel or recreational vehicle while used, for whatever period of time, as residential quarters.

I don't see any part banning open carry. This is part of ORS 166.250. Look it up here. You might want to read section 1 for yourself. I'm not going to post it but I will say the more I read about Oregon laws, the more appealing it is for me to live there. You guys handle things so much better. :)
Also, with honest respect, I don't know if "family tradition" is a great way to defend your position based on what you have stated about your family in the past on these forums. I'm sorry if that offends you, but I am going off of what you yourself have said.
Maybe I didn't explain it right. It's when we have something in our lives that we would throw away our own to protect. I'm not going to spell it out for you. It's something you have always understood or never will.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:12:57 am by DaemonForce »

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 01:51:19 am »
In regards to the last comment, I apologize. I was hoping you wouldn't notice it before I made an additional edit. As polite and respectful as I meant it to be, it still came out crude and uncalled for. I truly apologize for that one.

You are not the only one who would give their lives to protect their laws. Trust me. I have a lot of family members who would be right next to you on that one.

I made my comments for your benefit, and I'm not sure if you took it that way, but that is what I meant. I'm not spewing anti-gun comments or anything. That would just be dumb. I would like it if guns were illegal in the US, but that will never make guns disappear. If there's one thing the US likes, it's guns and booze. In regards to your physical pain, it's just another "Just saying" comment since that sudden motion has been the cause of a lot of police related killings in Portland as of late. I know of three off hand. All of them are jerky movement, sudden movement, or suddenly chargin.

Oregon laws aren't as great as you would think they would be.

Once again, Daemon, I'm really sorry if my comments rubbed you the wrong way. It was never my intent.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Re: Gun rights (mostly)
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 07:23:37 am »
Wait when did I post in a thread called gun right- Did the entire OCDO come into-

Oh random is trying to be funny. Thanks for trumping an entire page with ninja lurking skills. o_O
In regards to your physical pain, it's just another "Just saying" comment since that sudden motion has been the cause of a lot of police related killings in Portland as of late. I know of three off hand. All of them are jerky movement, sudden movement, or suddenly chargin.
That's stupid. Honestly, I don't care for weapons of Newtonian physics. I prefer power weapons but my style is too new for this time to make what I want. Maybe in 2 years or so. I still prefer armed guards than arming myself. I purposely try to avoid violent people because I know I'll hurt them really badly(and break one or both of my arms/fists in the process). We both know that doesn't look good when one of the guys are armed. >.>'
Oregon laws aren't as great as you would think they would be.
Just indulge me. So far the machine gun ownership thing is the only thing I find weird. Are people not allowed to park in town on Sunday or something? What's wrong? o.O
Once again, Daemon, I'm really sorry if my comments rubbed you the wrong way.
Grah...Why am I always able to get this response out of people that aren't doing anything wrong yet I can't get this out of people that go completely out of their way to deliberately hurt me, my feelings and my goals?

You're okay...>.<'
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:26:00 am by DaemonForce »

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:29 am »
I happen to have concealed weapon permits for both states (I live in OR but have friends & family in WA that I go see). In order to get one, you have to attend & pass a class & undergo a background check as well as other fees. In that class, you are taught proper gun safety & gun laws.

Both WA & OR are open carry states & aside from federal property, airports & schools (subject to individual school rules...but I have yet to see one that allowed it)...you can carry if you choose to do so. Yes, you will gain A LOT of attention fast from the vast majority of people since they are all paranoid about everything. As mentioned before, unless you have a permit to carry, your weapon HAS to be clearly visible. People may not like it, even the police may not like it...but in a court of law, you are protected. Although I am a big advocate for the right to carry, I also agree that if you plan to carry, go the extra steps to get a permit. Not only do you learn a ton of information that is very useful...but it is more comfortable to carry concealed weapons & it gathers little to no attention. I do agree with DaemonForce...screw em' if they don't like it, it's my right. But on the other side of that coin, I don't care for the extra attention that could end up wasting my time. In the area I live, less people care because there are a lot more gun owners around here...but in a bigger city, you have a greater chance of getting unwanted attention. Lychee-twist made a very good point as well...if you are carrying, try to make sure you have a positive demeanor. If you get harassed or bothered by people or cops, keep your cool & just ride things out. Remember, you aren't breaking the law or hurting anyone so there is no need to get angry or defensive with them. Although they shouldn't be bothering you in the first place, getting upset will only complicate an easily fixed situation. It really is your call since you are within your rights.

For concealed permit holders...the same rules I listed above regarding federal property, airports & schools still apply. Nobody but officers of they law can carry in those places...no exceptions.

I could go on about this for a while...but I just wanted to toss my 2 cents in.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:29:32 am »
Wait when did I post in a thread called gun right- Did the entire OCDO come into-

Oh random is trying to be funny. Thanks for trumping an entire page with ninja lurking skills. o_O

Nice pun. (^_^)

(Just trying to keep things in some semblance of order, de gozaru.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Jinx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 09:20:51 am »
personally as long as people behave I think the right to bare arms is a very very good one that empowers Independence and makes people feel safe and yeah......one more democrat + gun lover right here ^^

Possible cosplay 2012 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 09:40:52 am »
Ah gun rights kinda like how I see my cooking hobby.  I love to cook and coupon, but the moment some one try to tells me a womans "place" is in the kitchen some ones getting their butt kicked.

I dont have a gun but I like having my right to get one if I wanted.

Tho I think a med metal base ball bat would be more my style when the zombie wars start.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 10:01:10 am »
I happen to have concealed weapon permits for both states
Let me guess....Oregon still doesn't recognize any other State CPL but their own? Clumsy. -_-
Although I am a big advocate for the right to carry, I also agree that if you plan to carry, go the extra steps to get a permit. Not only do you learn a ton of information that is very useful...but it is more comfortable to carry concealed weapons & it gathers little to no attention.
I partially agree with this for purpose of defined rights. I would rather carry a really cute Taurus or some small matte finish pistol that blends with my clothing so it doesn't attract attention. Still, the point of open carry is that I don't want to conceal! That's how most of my TSA friends(it feels weird reading those words together) roll when they're off duty and it's how I intend to go about my business whenever I'm summoned to protect. Of course, that was a time and place where constitutional carry was the law for me. The rest of the laws didn't matter. There was nothing against any kind of carry when I was in AZ since everything was okay. Well, you have to conceal in bars but I never go out to drink anyway. The friends I had that liked bar hopping didn't remain friends with me very long because of this.
Ah gun rights kinda like how I see my cooking hobby.  I love to cook and coupon, but the moment some one try to tells me a womans "place" is in the kitchen some ones getting their butt kicked.
A woman's place? Maybe it's just you? Try taking over my kitchen and I'll put you in your place! RAwR! :3
Tho I think a med metal base ball bat would be more my style
Boink boink... ::)
when the zombie wars start.
...No. Shotgun. Automatic preferred. Trust me, you want multifire. :/

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 11:01:48 am »
MISC.
I will always support Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul. They have plans that they will tell you in a way that is completely direct and cerebral. They will never get voted in office for it, but they will get my vote when I am able. I support people who vote for 3rd party candidates since I support a non-two party government. And in the spirit of George Washington,  a two party system will ruin this country, and I fear it is going that route. It should not be red states and blue states since that suggests that the options are ONLY conservative and ONLY liberal. This is just not the case. I have a LOT of liberal values, and I have a LOT of Conservative values. This country needs to have people who are willing to consider the others' point of view. That is a very idealistic viewpoint, however (much like those Anti-cop protesters that marched through PSU today. That's a great idea and all, but what will you do without cops? How will you catch criminals and lock those up who are truly dangerous? And what's with the black and chains? Talk about stereotypes.)

I was really hoping Ron Paul would run 3rd party.  I was actually hoping Hillary Clinton would run 3rd party.  I wouldn't vote for either of them since there was a different 3rd party candidate I liked better.  However, they could have made a lot more noise and disrupted the current two-party system.

I imagine those protestors were anarchists?  Were they entirely anti-cop, or merely voicing their pleasure with the current state of things?  It may not be easy to discern from far away.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 05:54:00 pm »
 Good gun for zombies

Ron Paul is old school Republican. I cannot see him leaving the party. I am certain he would prefer to change the party from within.

Now that Charlton Heston is dead, did someone finally take his guns away?

Open carry would not be such a scary thought, if more civilized people carried them. Seems the only people who show guns are criminals.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38:15 pm »
So what about those of us who live in a city where you have to legally keep your handguns locked in a cabinet?
Learn to open carry. Oregon is extremely friendly about this. More so that Washington. I know I'm protected under Article I Section 24. I don't know the Oregon constitution but I know you still have some waiting to do until you have all your rights. ;)
A few months until I have most of my rights, and then a few more years until I get to drink.

The city where it's the law to keep your handguns locked in a cabinet is in California- San Francisco, aka Hippy Liberal City. I love the place, except for that ridiculous gun law.

Also, lychee posted some good arguments as to why open carrying is a bad idea. Especially in California, where the cops are really corrupt.

And personally, I'd rather have an assault rifle (AK-47s ftw) than a shotgun in a zombie apocalypse. Too bad it's illegal to own one in California. =\
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:19 pm »
A few months until I have most of my rights, and then a few more years until I get to drink.

The city where it's the law to keep your handguns locked in a cabinet is in California- San Francisco, aka Hippy Liberal City. I love the place, except for that ridiculous gun law.

Also, lychee posted some good arguments as to why open carrying is a bad idea. Especially in California, where the cops are really corrupt.

And personally, I'd rather have an assault rifle (AK-47s ftw) than a shotgun in a zombie apocalypse. Too bad it's illegal to own one in California. =\

I bet San Fran's law wasn't as bad as the one in D.C.

You think Cali's cops are corrupt? You should ahve seen New Orleans police before Katrina, and they ran away.

Hint: With a shotgun, you don't need to be as accurate.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 09:25:42 pm »

I bet San Fran's law wasn't as bad as the one in D.C.

You think Cali's cops are corrupt? You should ahve seen New Orleans police before Katrina, and they ran away.

Hint: With a shotgun, you don't need to be as accurate.
Isn't, the NRA didn't manage to beat it in court. ):

Hey, there's a reason the CHP have the legal right to take over the police department in a city, and that's because California police are horrible.

Haha, true. We own a shotgun right now, but I haven't used it- Which is probably a good thing, considering it's our home security system.  ;)
"Would you kindly. ."