Author Topic: You are...  (Read 5209 times)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
You are...
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:53 pm »
All such beautiful people.

I really admire all of you, and the community that you have worked together to create.

Although some of you may not get along with others, and not everybody is friends, I feel like the Kumoricon forums is one of the closest con communities out there.

And so I salute you all for your generosity, and ability to see the good in people, and join together over common interests.

Something we have to remember though is that communites like ours are rare, and although we have it now, without proper care, it could go away.

So I implore you to take it upon yourself to continue to strive for a strong community, and to try harder then you ever have to see the good in others.

So I give you three chalenges, things that many of you are already doing on a daily basis. For those who aren't, try it out.

Listen to other's opinions; you don't have to like them. All you need to do is to try and be open-minded.

Think before you type, and before you make comments that could potentially hurt someone.

If someone is being rude to you, don't be rude back! Ignore them, and if they persist, report them to the moderators. Fighting fire with fire will only make higher flames.

So anyway, I am going to stop ranting now, ahaha.

In the meantime, now that we have a whole new thread at our disposal, I'd like if we could share positive things that have happened to us recently.

Experiences that made you smile, or people that made you laugh.

This way, by bringing positivity to eachother, we can try and make it spread, so that if somebody is having a bad day, they can come here to try and make it a little bit brighter. c:

Thanks guys, you are all really cool.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: You are...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
I agree, Shay. This is a pretty legit community and it's definitely better now than it was a few years ago, and I've met some really awesome people because of it.

Also, you're a cool person, too. :3

A positive thing that's happened to me recently? I spoke to an old friend today, someone who I haven't seen in years. It was nice talking to her again.  :)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:01 pm »
Yeah, although the forums had some really nice highlights with the Spoon castle and whatnot, I like to believe that everyone here is growing and becoming better every day. * u *

I definitely love catching up with people who I haven't spoken to as well, I'm glad you got to do that! It's so interesting to see how people change over such short periods of time ~

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:56:55 pm »
The Spoon Castle was fun, but we caused so much drama it's not even funny. xD;; The former spoons have changed a lot from those days, in any case.

Yeah, it's always nice yet totally strange talking to my friends from California. They've all changed so much, but they're still the people I know and love deep down. Just a bit different.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:07 pm »
I am eating a slice of lemon tart and if I could I would send you guys a slice to enjoy with me.

So when do you think they will make it so I could do something like that?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:52:24 pm »
I remember the good ol' days BEFORE the Spoon Castle, and I really miss that time... Ahh...

I'm not as active here as I used to be - by which I mean I only follow a few specific threads as opposed to all of them (OTL) and my use of the forums fluctuates over time.

BUT

I love this place. :3

~~~~

Something that made me smile was so many people cheering when I was announced as a princess at the prom court assembly today. :'D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 11:10:59 pm »
@Shay: I couldn't agree more, sure there are people herw ho might not always get along, but in the end things always seem to work out. I was talking to my friend on the way back from Sakuracon, and commented that I honestly don't like the con as much as I uaed to because I miss that tight-knit family atmosphere of Kumoricon. I appreciate all of you forum members who go out of your way to be a positive and encouraging part of each others day to day lives... I wish I had access to a community this supportive when I was younger and going through all the random BS of middle/early high school. That being said, I hope you all know my inbox (and facebook) are always open for anyone who needs domeone to talk to (or even just an occasional "hello" is nice! lol)

Lately I've been pretty hot/cold with my moods for a variety of reasons, but last night my mom randomly walked into my room while I was laying on my bed reading, and suddenly just laid next to me, gave me a big hug, and told me that she was proud of me and loved me.... Legitimately one of the most positive experiences I've had in a LONG time, I was in a super good mood all day because of it. =]

Also found out today that my friend is back from his mission..... Two whole years, and it feels like it flew by! XD
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 12:09:06 am »
Very lovely thread, Shay. Thank you for spreading the love. :3

I may not post as often as some of you but I've been lurking around here long enough to notice how easily the positive overshadows the negative. I'm happy to be a part of this awesome community. ^^

@Dubaby: That bit about your mom hugging you out of the blue just warmed my heart. It's those simple little moments that are really meaningful. <3

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 07:33:01 am »
That's cool, Dubaby. ^_^

Positive stories:

Random girl at school told me I looked really nice (I was dressed all business-y for work).  I smiled, said "thank you", and she added, "And you have a beautiful smile!"  Embarrassed, especially since it was in front of other people, but I liked it. ^_^

I was hanging out with my nieces (ages 7 and 8 ) in the grass on some Barbie and flowery blankets.  My youngest niece was complaining that her eye hurt.

"Oh, really?  Well, that's not good!  Hm, does your face hurt as well?"

"Ummmm . . nope!"

"Ah, I see.  Because it's killing me."

Then she went,

"Hehehehehe!  That joke never gets old!"

Best part?  She was being 100% serious. <3
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:33:57 am by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 10:29:39 am »
Hey now! As an ex spoon queen I resemble these remarks!

xD

but seriously just looking around this place again, a lot has changed since when I left these forums a few years back.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 10:34:26 am »
Yeah thinking about it I have been posting on the k-con forums since 2003, thats like 8ish years.
Its changed a lot!

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 11:39:25 am »
Wonderful thread, and I agree 100% with what you've said Shay. C:

I've been here since.. wow.. '05, and I STILL see the familiar forum names I have since I joined. I might not be as active as I once was here, but I always visit and post when I can.

When I first started going to Kumoricon, I learned to be more open to communicating with other con goers by recognizing them from the forum and using that to break the ice. Even still I recognize people at cons from the forums and I'll try to say hello. I've also been lucky to form friendships that have originated here. :3

I agree wholeheartedly that this is one of the tightest forum-con communities out there, and proof of that is when I get asked at Kumoricon year after year if I'm "Shadow" on the forums. It's incredible.

You guys are all amazing, and its been great being a part of this little community for so long.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38:28 pm »
adding on to this a bit:

I joined a while back, got involved in the drama llamas, made friends, lost friends, developed a love of spoons, grew up a bit and now I'm back and it's an interesting look back into younger me now that I'm on the verge of graduating high school.

THere was a lot of odd stuff around here and to much drama back in the day, but I still had a lot of fun and met great people

and now I feel much more mature and looking around here this place seems pleasant and happy and I think I'm going to start posting a bit again now that I'm all set to attend K con '11

and no more spoon castles this time, I promise ; )

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »
:O I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 02:44:49 pm »
Cassi <3 I'm sure your one of the few xD

buuuut it's nice to be back : ) Glad to see your still around!

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 03:10:20 pm »
JILL I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU THE OTHER DAY

I think most of us have grown up tbh. It's been years since all the spoon dramu and I feel like we're better people now.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 04:30:43 pm »
Shay: If we could give honorary titles like other forums, I'd set yours to "Forum Sweetheart" in a second. Thank you for being a big part of what keeps the community together. <3

This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:53 pm »
Miria: 8D

YOU HAS THE PHYSCIC POWAH

THINK OF THE JILL AND THE JILL SHALL APPEAR

though I do find that funny xD I hope you werent thinking bad things?

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 05:12:53 pm »
Part of how Shannon and I met at Kumoricon '09 was through these forums and next year we're going to be roommates as freshmen in college.

I also met Jameson, my boyfriend of over a year, on here through the first meetup I ever hosted, and I don't know where I'd be without him.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:40 pm »
Miria: 8D

YOU HAS THE PHYSCIC POWAH

THINK OF THE JILL AND THE JILL SHALL APPEAR

though I do find that funny xD I hope you werent thinking bad things?
xD Of course not! I was thinking, "Huh, I haven't seen Jill around in over a year. . o.o I miss her!"
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15:02 pm »
Well good thing I'm back then? xD

Missed you too 8D Im so happy to see so many cool people still around!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 09:23:55 pm »
Shay: If we could give honorary titles like other forums, I'd set yours to "Forum Sweetheart" in a second. Thank you for being a big part of what keeps the community together. <3

You're gonna make me cry ;__________;

I feel like through my rough-patches of teenage angst or whatever, everybody on here has been super supportive, and I really feel like I can go to any of you for help, if I were to ever need it. I hope all of you also feel like you can come to me as well, because I appreciate everything you've all done for me, and I'd like to be able to give back in some way.

Every day I get more and more excited for Kumoricon, because I can't wait to see everyone again. Going a year without talking to people in real life is really tough, but it makes the time we do share a whole lot more special ~

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:04 pm »
Well good thing I'm back then? xD

Missed you too 8D Im so happy to see so many cool people still around!
YES, GOOD THING YOU'RE BACK!  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 10:47:04 pm »
B'aww this is the sweetest thing. ;A; Shay, I know we don't know each at all but seriously, all the hugs. Unless you don't like being hugged. Wouldn't wanna be the awkward badtouch dude.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 07:45:34 am »
This thread makes me a happy Tofu.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 12:29:14 am »
I'm kinda new here and I've actually talked to, like, all of two of you, but you guys? Are awesome. This is absolutely the most friendly, welcoming forum I've ever been on, and what you guys were saying about it being like a big family is totally true.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 11:59:10 pm »

Tofu <3 long time no chat, how ya been?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 03:13:08 am »

Indeed!  Nice to see you're back!  You've been missed, my Queen ;P

Shoot me a PM or hit me up on Skype (chilliumbromide) or AIM (also chilliumbromide) so we can catch up :3
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 01:10:51 pm »
From dipping my heels into this river of awesomeness of a forum, I've had rough edges in the beginning, not that any of us haven't, but eventually learned to flow with the community. I'm sure there are times that I can't recall off hand, when I helped out in the community, and when helping hands reached out to me. Every day I see all the familiar peeps, half of which I've never seen face to face, or can never match name to face. But I carry on and hope that someday, at some meetup or con, that will change.

This place is one of the most active laid back forums I've seen so far. If you're new, alone, and scared, it doesn't take long to be embraced by the masses, and not much longer to find your place and purpose in the family. I can personally admit that I am a drifter, not tied down to one single area, but proficient in numerous fields, though as such I feel like the only one of my kind. It's here that I found someone else who was also the only one of their kind, eventually shared parallel interests and, as of yesterday, spent an entire awesome year holding hands with (not literally but you know).

This group has grown up and evolved, and mutated, but always for the better. So to those who know who they are, I want to thank you for making this place one of the most friendliest around, even when we're not talking about the convention. Thank you for accepting someone like me, and anyone else who wants nothing but to share their passions with others. Games, anime, collections, whatever.  :)
(And thank you for forgiving my long-winded thoughts ^^;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:38:32 am by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 03:58:19 pm »

Indeed!  Nice to see you're back!  You've been missed, my Queen ;P

Shoot me a PM or hit me up on Skype (chilliumbromide) or AIM (also chilliumbromide) so we can catch up :3

yep I'm back these days, and I sent you a skype message : )