Author Topic: Travel to Japan?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Travel to Japan?
« on: May 26, 2011, 08:47:50 am »
My friends recently came across this.....

http://www.japantravelinfo.com/TokyoJuneSpecial/index.html

I could do it if I used all my saved money for Kumoricon (meaning not going), and a couple other trips I am planning this summer, on top of selling part of my anime collection, but... =/ Realistically, I know I can't and shouldn't... especially after getting my first letter for starting to pay back my loans I took out for CCC.... ugh.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Travel to Japan?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 09:28:58 am »
Ouch I know what you mean, thats a great deal, thought tokyo is really spendy, like for food and such
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 09:35:10 am »
It looks really interesting... if they offered Portland or Seattle as departure cities, I'd probably consider it.

(I'm somewhat befuddled that NYC, Newark, and Chicago are options but the Pacific NW isn't. =/)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:53:24 am »
This is an amazing deal considering what I paid to go to Japan... I was there for two weeks living with another family. Mind you, I didn't have to pay for any of my food but I paid for airfare and bus fare on the required tours we took (I was there for International Club at my HS). It cost me well over 1k to go. I don't know exact numbers but I know it was over one grand.
Food, train fare, and bus fare isn't too expensive over there but still can add up. You also have to know where you are going and how to get there. A lot of places have English translations under anything Japanese and the trains translate themselves (or they did where I was...). They are all very nice people and have no issue speaking English to you if they know it. Little children will only ever try and speak English to you if you talk to them and hardly ever revert to Japanese since they are learning English as a second language...

It's very homy over there and if you have the money, I would say go for it. But don't go alone. Japan is an easy place to get lost in if you can't read Japanese. :/

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 01:28:08 pm »
Sounds like a good deal but I'd read the terms and conditions just in case. Idk even though it's a good price it's such a short amount of time to travel that it would almost seem like a tease. I went for two weeks in high school and I felt that way so I can only imagine four nights. As for the price issue, I'm dealing with a similar thing but for New Zealand. My buddy and I will be staying there for a year as soon as I graduate (which is a year from now) and I currently do not have the money to do so. I'm still going for it though because it's the best time in my life to try and experience new things. I don't know how I'm going to pay for it (God willing, a job) but I'm finally going for it. Also, I would recommend going with someone but only if you know they're not going to drive you insane lol. Good luck with your travels :>
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."