Author Topic: june=pride month  (Read 11040 times)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: june=pride month
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2011, 12:50:51 pm »
Due October 9th.  I woke at 12 and 4 (bladder shrunken to a tea cup) and had a doc appt early today.
6 months and a 2 weeks along boy who is kick boxing my insides at night.
Will be 8 months at con gulp
Ooooh. Well, congratulations!  :)

That's not how words work. Their definitions are not opinion- If they were, then spoken communication would be harder than it already is. If it's being happy about yourself, then call it that, don't redefine a pre-existing word. Also, this thread hasn't been replied to in a week. You literally just brought the issue back up.  :-\
im meaning to sound rude but
im sorry if i brought it up again, but i really dont care about the definitions.
i beleave its what that  person wants to think, and its there choice. i will not argu about i was just tired of reading about it
Uhm. So wait. You just ignored everything I had to say because you think it's true, so therefore you don't need to back it up?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »
Uhm. So wait. You just ignored everything I had to say because you think it's true, so therefore you don't need to back it up?

^ If so, then that's fair enough... but it invokes Ally's marvelous Discussion flowchart.

http://unrforliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Our-Discussion.jpg

(i.e. if so, it means anything beyond that would just be a pair of monologues rather than a dialogue)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 06:59:00 pm »
So there's a lot going on in this thread so sorry if anything I say here goes against something other people have already stated and such....

I think "PRIDE" is a perfectly appropriate term for situations like this.... yes the idea of being proud of something you're born with may not make sense... but this month is about so much more than simply being gay. This is a moment for LGBTQ people everywhere to come and be proud of the fact that every day they live out and open about their sexuality is a small victory.

I am proud of my friends and family who everyday make the choice to be true to themselves, despite the sometimes harsh reception from others. Yes there are areas that are accepting, but I have seen people I care about be beaten within an inch of their life over sexuality, and yet they continue to be honest to themselves and their beliefs..... I think that's something we should all respect and be proud of.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2011, 03:00:51 am »
So there's a lot going on in this thread so sorry if anything I say here goes against something other people have already stated and such....

I think "PRIDE" is a perfectly appropriate term for situations like this.... yes the idea of being proud of something you're born with may not make sense... but this month is about so much more than simply being gay. This is a moment for LGBTQ people everywhere to come and be proud of the fact that every day they live out and open about their sexuality is a small victory.
So for those of us who don't live out and open, it's a crapshoot.

I am proud of my friends and family who everyday make the choice to be true to themselves, despite the sometimes harsh reception from others. Yes there are areas that are accepting, but I have seen people I care about be beaten within an inch of their life over sexuality, and yet they continue to be honest to themselves and their beliefs..... I think that's something we should all respect and be proud of.
Hey, nowhere did I state that there's no discrimination. I said that not every straight person hates queers. Please don't twist my words!

As for people continuing to be honest to themselves and their beliefs, that's something to be proud of. It took me years and constant self-debate to finally accept myself. But there's still people out there who aren't honest to themselves and their beliefs. There's people out there who are afraid to come out for fear of what others will think of them.

I'll admit I really like your explanation of it, and I think it's the most accurate usage of the word pride.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 09:58:19 am »
What I said wasn't an attack on anything you said and I wasn't trying to twist your words, I even said at the beginning that there was so much going on in this thread, that I was just going to ignore all the back and forth and just put my thoughts down. Sorry if it didn't seem that way.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 01:28:26 pm »
Oh, sorry. ^^;;
"Would you kindly. ."