Author Topic: Seeking help regarding Windows Live Movie Maker  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Seeking help regarding Windows Live Movie Maker
« on: June 20, 2011, 11:21:19 am »
I'm wanting to post some videos onto YouTube, but I'm encountering a problem.  There's a message that says "The following problem occurred in your movie: (0x80048834)"

Does anybody know what this means and how I can fix this?  Windows seems to fail at helping people out, so I'm hoping that someone experienced with the program can be of better assistance.

Thanks!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
Re: Seeking help regarding Windows Live Movie Maker
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:18:10 pm »
Are you publishing straight to Youtube from Windows Movie Maker or saving the movie "For a computer" and then uploading?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:36 pm »
1920x1080 hmmm 0x2349873248374312908743 sounds like some movie made in Flatland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:27:07 pm »
Are you publishing straight to Youtube from Windows Movie Maker or saving the movie "For a computer" and then uploading?

Well, I've tried the first thing you said, which is what generated the message, but I have no idea what you're saying with that second thing.  I did try to upload it from YouTube, the way you would for photobucket, but YouTube said that there was a loading error, or a compatibility error, or something.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:56:46 am »
When you go to save, you can choose "Save for a computer." Flyinvee is asking if you did that, and it seems you did.

What format did you save it in? Maybe it isn't WMM; maybe it's the video itself or Youtube. You might want to try emailing them.

Also, yeah, Microsoft has terrible customer service. Go mac.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 01:41:47 pm »
When you go to save, you can choose "Save for a computer." Flyinvee is asking if you did that, and it seems you did.

What format did you save it in? Maybe it isn't WMM; maybe it's the video itself or Youtube. You might want to try emailing them.

Also, yeah, Microsoft has terrible customer service. Go mac.

Apparently YouTube has terrible customer service, too. But yeah, save it to your computer first, then upload it. As Miria said, check what format you're saving it in. Then you can always download some sort of free movie file converter and change it to a .avi

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 01:10:40 pm »
I still have no idea what you guys are indicating with this "Save for a computer" thing.  It said nothing like that when I made the movie.  I told it to save, told it where I wanted it to be saved, and gave it a name.

As for the the file, it's a wlmp.

Never mind, I found what y'all were talking about!  Now they're saved as wmv's.  My converter program doesn't seem to want them to be avi's; I hope wmv's will be good enough for YouTube...

Thanks for the help, guys!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:56:50 pm by Washougal_Otaku »