Author Topic: Running out of time- the panic thread  (Read 28731 times)

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
Re: Running out of time- the panic thread
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2011, 12:11:52 am »
Finally getting around to styling my Maka wig. I was so freaked out about ruining it that I kept putting it off, but tonight was the night man.

I've still got a lot left to do though. Kokonoe in general gives me grief, and Izaya's fur is starting to become a hassle because my sewing machine can't sew it but the fabric glue I tried won't stay. :/
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline Eeveeification

• Cabbit
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2011, 09:56:40 am »
One of my panickings have been relieved, my father let us stay at his place, so we're right across the river from the convention.

However, I never realized how long it takes to handsew leaves onto a shirt.

So many leaves.

So many.

Leaves.

And I need to tack them all down, and I swear I need a sewing machine. Would make this a thousand times easier, at least the initial placing. Its a hard costume to take off, only because too much force and some leaves fly off. Its humorous getting it off him, at least...
Drifloon - 90%, just missing balloon buddy
Cubone - Not even started, but things fall together.
Cat Girl #1987604134 - Always finished, always ready if everything else fails.

Drifloon is most likely days 1 & 2, with Cubone being day 3/backup.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2011, 05:53:09 pm »
Did a lot of the shopping stuff I had to do. Needed to get out of the apartment. lol

Cosplay to do:

Miku:
Clean kitchen done 8/12
Dye poly lace done 8/12 and failed, so scrapped
Finish top except applique (may move to after skirt...) [[1/2 day]] done 8/28
Test ruffling done 8/12
Skirt done 8/29
Arm thing [[should take 1/2 day]] done 8.29
Dye ponytails [[3 hours?]] Might have to scrap for now, dyed too dark. 8/30
Black and red ribbon things [[1 hour]]
Hair and waist (8/30) beading [[2-3 hours]]
Ankle bows [[1-1.5 hours]]
Get insoles, eyelash glue, other make up [[2 hours of errands]] But need to get more insole things for the ball of my foot. 8/30
Dye [done 8/14] and sew on applique (may move to end...) [[however much time I have at the end of this week]]<<<<----- May or may not happen
Legs if time No time
If small amount of time: make padding and buy aqua tights and eyeshadow or bodypaint [[1-2 days for padding]]
If no time: go without, buy skin colored tights

Paprika [[maybe one day of shopping]]:
Red shirts [found some promising shirts at Wet Seal] Found 8/30
Belt [maybe find at Goodwill] Found 8/30 but needs to be painted white (got hot pink).
Red converse/sneakers [maybe find at Goodwill] Found 8/30 but need to be painted red (got pink).
Hair dye [Rite Aid] Bought 8/30
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:31:48 pm by bunny_jean »
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2011, 08:28:41 pm »
Got most of everything done but my biggest concern is not having my place ready when my con group shows up to crash on my floor.  Just moved and still have a few boxes out and about.  Plus I'm still painting my last prop.  yikes!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2011, 08:38:06 pm »
cbgilfgfghhfeh
Packing and cosplay does not mix!!! DX
Most of Luka is done but I need to attach the bow to the dress and cut the front of the chest.
I still need to hem the bottom of the dress too but I'm not too worried about that since the fabric doesn't fray easily.

Tomorrow is my last day in WA and then I move to OR the day after. I need to pack the truck tomorrow and the car in the morning (so people don't break into my car and steal my LCD TV. :/). I don't know if I'll be able to finish Luka tomorrow so I might have to rush sew her on Thursday when I get down to OR. Just unpack my sewing machine and go on a frenzy. DX

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2011, 09:30:30 pm »
*eye twitch* RAICHU IS FINALLY FINISHED. I JUST NEED TO PRAY TO THE THRIFT STORE GODS THAT THEY HAVE BOOTS THAT WILL WORK FOR HEATHER TOMORROW.

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »
Got most of everything done but my biggest concern is not having my place ready when my con group shows up to crash on my floor.  Just moved and still have a few boxes out and about.  Plus I'm still painting my last prop.  yikes!

I believe in you! And if we have to,we'll sleep around stuff (although I think we're already doing that :))
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

oslapedo

« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2011, 03:16:03 am »
I still need to sew on a collar and hem bloomers for Ninamori; sew my collar, belt, bootcovers (+finish the top and skirt), and reapply gems for Starfire; make my belt, finish stinger bracelets, and style the wig for Black Widow.

Tomorrow's my last full day to work but eh, I think I can handle it. Too excited for the con to feel panic.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2011, 03:18:37 am »
I HATE trying to sew crap onto crap with elastic~ WHYY does Rei have to have ONE red strip around her stupid ankle socks??? Ribbon doesn't work... sharpie doesn't work....

SUGGESTIONS???!!!! T______T
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:53:44 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2011, 08:17:44 am »
ohdearohdearohdearohgodohdear

so much left to dooooo.

Pikachu:
Find more bows and clippies

Beatrice:
-sew ruffles on top
-sew gold on top
-make bow
-find red jewel for bow
-sew gold on skirt
-hem black skirt
-fix wig
-make ring

Kneesocks
-finish jacket
-style wig
-make horn
-practice paint/make up
-keep attempting eye contacts

other
-finish bows that I'm selling
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2011, 09:53:48 am »
I finally got off my butt and finished putting together my England out fit,but there's a slight modifictation to it (I'm wearing a vest over my skin tone shirt.) So all I have to do is pack,get my hair cut and dyed and i'm good.

This waiter outfit made me realize,I should stop doing last minute cosplays :-\
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:47 am »

I believe in you! And if we have to,we'll sleep around stuff (although I think we're already doing that :))

LOL yeah probably....besides your mom's told me to put you to work anyway.  ;D

Offline jianna

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2011, 02:10:33 pm »
AUGH.  I was hoping to be further along than I am.  Stupid working full time and going to the gym.

Kyrie:
Make arm belt
Jerry-rig a tie clip since Daiso failed me
Cut more from wig?!  (scared! it's good on the front but the ears are still covered which isn't exactly accurate)

Kaiji:
Make dice
Practice make-up
Fix a button on the shirt
Possibly fix up the wig more, but that's low priority (might happen in the hotel room that morning.  LIKE A BOSS.)

Miku:
Fix Stomp the Enemy visor.  Maybe.  This is most likely to get dropped due to time.

I guess it's not that much, but knowing I won't be able to work on any of it until 7 PM tonight at the EARLIEST is just depressing.
Full time job, y u so lame.

Current Planned Cosplays: Stomp The Enemy, Chinchirorin Kaiji, Kyrie Ushiromiya, Lat Miku

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2011, 06:12:06 pm »
cannon is 60% done!!
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2011, 07:14:36 pm »
I just need to sew up one little hole and most of my packing is done. All that is really left is bathroom stuff.

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2011, 07:15:24 pm »
Picking up red contacts either tomorrow evening or friday morning for kazuma. D::: omggg. I'm hoping I can get myself to get them in before Saturday, since this will be my first time wearing contacts.

HNNG. Gloves still need to be done, but I got my white bases. >:U Trying to decide how to do his stupid huge wrist guards. I don't have any materials left... but something shall be found! Have to cut and paint his belt.. that's easy.

Keeping white gloves still on my fingertips so I can touch things without makeup on my hands while the rest is grey.. OKAY, I'M GOING TO ACRYLIC THESE BABIES GREY RIGHT ONTO MY HANDS. WISH ME LUCK. (maybe. I might make a water/acrylic solution and attempt a dye-ish job. hmmn..)

Grahh.. packing.. everything is EVERYWHERE.
Besides packing and Kazuma I have to..
detangle Grell's wig
hope to god I don't lose the one wig cap I have (i used to have like 3. u.u what..)
finish kazuma's tail (oh YEAH, forgot..)

...and that's it. What. WHAT? That's IT? 8D whoo.. *dances*
2012 cosplays:

0% done // 5% done // 0% done

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2011, 07:24:06 pm »
ALL DONE!!!!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2011, 08:16:04 pm »
I was getting my cosplay's comissioned, and my seamstress is sending them today, but she said she left out important peices (hairbows, soul gem and gloves for madoka)... I'm so dissapointed, I was really looking forward and paid a lot for these to be top quality, and now I'm going to be really dissapointed all con. :(

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2011, 08:18:01 pm »
I'm finally finished! no more panic! TTATT HAPPY TEARS

Offline Vysh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2011, 08:47:51 pm »
Done! well. .i dumped the rest on my partner. now i have to finish all my school work :D
I was a Prinny and Ryouga Hibiki for K-con 2011, got any pictures? I'd love to see them

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2011, 11:19:56 pm »
Haveing a late night hat and Bazooka making party l D ;;;
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2011, 12:48:04 am »
I am so close to finishing this cosplay! I'm okay without the contacts, and I don't think I'm going to wear the fake nails I made either but I have a back up plan for that. My hoodie is done and I'm cutting out a stencil for her tattoo's later. :DDD
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2011, 01:02:06 am »
I am so close to finishing this cosplay! I'm okay without the contacts, and I don't think I'm going to wear the fake nails I made either but I have a back up plan for that. My hoodie is done and I'm cutting out a stencil for her tattoo's later. :DDD
I keep hearing about your Medusa progress, you better be going to the Soul Eater photoshoot >:U I absolutely must get pics of fight scenes between you and my Stein. :I

Yeah, not going to be able to get contacts for Kid but that's okay since I'm getting ones for Kazu.. my eyes are hazel enough.. they might just pass for gold. Yeah not really. x'D

omg. I keep forgetting about Kazuma's stupid belt. sklgjerskfjg I just need something to.. attach the actual championship part to, to loop around my waist. Paint it gold and put the detail on it and augh people won't even see it anyways cause my vest is sooo long but... :I It's not so easy as just painting it though, cause the loops to attach the front are really small. So I have to like.. have the belt big, then at the ends somehow carve them smaller. Not a big deal but.. considering it's 1 in the morning..... And we're leaving tomorrow so this is like.. it.

Blah blah blah, there I go again. 8D
2012 cosplays:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2011, 01:04:48 am »
I keep hearing about your Medusa progress, you better be going to the Soul Eater photoshoot >:U I absolutely must get pics of fight scenes between you and my Stein. :I

Yeah, not going to be able to get contacts for Kid but that's okay since I'm getting ones for Kazu.. my eyes are hazel enough.. they might just pass for gold. Yeah not really. x'D

What...what day is it? I can't remember. I'm only going the second day. >n>
yeah, I'm still a little panicky about the bracelets. I really wanted to have them ya know? :<

I absolutely must get pics of fight scenes between you and my Stein. :I
THIIIISSS ♥♥
da/tumblr

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2011, 01:10:18 am »
Still freaking out but I have tomorrow off so I'm pulling an all niter (possibly) and finishing everything up tomorrow. :D GO GO GO

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2011, 01:13:21 am »
yeah, I'm still a little panicky about the bracelets. I really wanted to have them ya know? :<
It's the first day. Shoot. :I Sad you'll only be there one day though! I know what you mean about the bracelets.. >< My skull for Kid has been bothering me so bad, I mean I have it but it's not the greatest job at all. :I
It'll still look great without the bracelets I'm sure.. n.n
2012 cosplays:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2011, 01:19:20 am »
It's the first day. Shoot. :I Sad you'll only be there one day though! I know what you mean about the bracelets.. >< My skull for Kid has been bothering me so bad, I mean I have it but it's not the greatest job at all. :I
It'll still look great without the bracelets I'm sure.. n.n
Well, crap. I wish I was going then. :< As my friend Evan has said "Soul Eater Cosplays are the simplest designs but the hardest to make." XD
da/tumblr

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2011, 03:49:43 am »
Still don't know what to do about the socks.... the permanent marker I used on them is melting and smearing every time I put them on. ><
And I don't know how to tie her stupid bow to look like this:

Offline kaylakamikaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2011, 05:38:34 pm »
i am beyond aggrivated I commissioned a wig for my eruka cosplay after I messed up 2 one of which was never an appropriate color or length. and the second a younger brother got a hold of. It was supposed to be finished 2 months ago but my commissioner was in the hospital then her dad passed away so i cant be mad at her she mailed it out 2 weeks ago and got to my grandma's house in Medford about 10 days ago and my grandma hasnt mailed it out yet! this is not my year at all! I live in a small town between salem and bend and either direction has no wig shops that have even remotely close to what I need believe me thats what I did before and after I got off work. Now im starting to stress I have my Eruka Frog cosplay which no matter how simple cost a pretty penny. and no wig....how dumb am i going to look just wearing the costume without the wig?
kumoricon 2012

day 1 Ash - black butler 0 percent
day 2 Will of the Abyss - pandora hearts 0 percent
day 3 Eruka - soul eater - 95 percent

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »
Remember Arnold Schwarzenegger near the end of Total Recall when they are thrown onto the martian sand?

You are now picturing me.
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline Kadaashi

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2011, 01:56:51 am »
I just finished repainting my horns and now I have to reattach them to a headband. I also need to repaint my chainsaw and get a haircut again because the last person wouldn't do what I wanted and insist i get something cute??? blarrrrr
need to make fangs as well

I hope everyone finishes their cosplay in time and has a great time at the con! :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:57:40 am by Kadaashi »

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2011, 02:12:30 am »
I just decided that I might as well revamp my sonic fanboy cosplay from last year, this time it'll have a sign. :)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2011, 02:15:06 am »
I was just going to post one of these! Hahaha! I'm so happy someone beat me to the punch.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25:51 am »
I still have the majority of Kokonoe left to do. Her bracelets are drying, and one isn't even 100% done and they aren't painted, and her coat and pants don't have their trim on them and Maka's pigtails aren't sewn onto the wig and dear lord I want to smash my head against the wall because we're leaving Eugene around 9. :<

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2011, 02:52:05 am »
YOU AND ME, K-ROCK.

I've got Holy Roman Empire's hat I'm working on right now, and right when I really need my iron, I get gunky interfacing glue on it. Suuuuucks. Not to mention all the bags I have to sew if I want to sell them at my table.

Tomorrow's agenda: Pick up biz cards, buy face paint, sewsewsew, work for 8 very untimely hours, and then hopefully make it to my hotel if not go to Kinkos and make prints.

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2011, 03:03:17 am »
Finally almost sorta kinda done! :DDD

I SWEAR TO GOD, I WILL FINISH MY RAICHU TAIL TOMORROW. I just need to get that stupid lightning bolt from flopping around! And i have a plan.

What are you gonna do for it? *has the same problem*
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2011, 03:08:43 am »
Not directed towards me, but I'mma gonna wake up during the 7AM hour and get started, sew at night during the con, and make a early morning Kinkos run about 7AM on Saturday, I guess. What about you? What do you need to get done?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:09:32 am by lychee-twist »

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2011, 03:25:27 am »
Earlier panic attacks over wigs aside, I'll be sewing in my hotel room, later today.

Because my dog is a jerk and managed to jump up onto my (white) skirt pieces with his muddy paws when I was napping. So that's in the wash now, but the most time I'll have before leaving is to pack it up until tonight.

On the brightside, everything's done except for some sewing. I just need to find my suitcase and pack before leaving in around five hours.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:26:11 am by Shi_no_Akuma »
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2011, 03:55:35 am »
It's getting hilarious how many times I'm having to undo the seams on HRE's hat. I'm seriously on my sixth seam rip, I'd bet.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2011, 06:53:45 am »
Kokonoe's pants will be worked on on the drive up, and her jacket just needs the sleeve bits and tail hole. The tail needs fur, and I still need to finish Izaya's jacket. And the bracelets will be worked on at the hotel room because they're so close to being done.

I'm not happy with all of it, but it's almost done.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2011, 07:36:58 am »
SPRAY PAIN!!!!! yes i said pain not paint
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline kaylakamikaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2011, 09:00:06 am »
ughhhhh officially have 8 hours to find a wig for my eruka frog cosplay...ugh...difficulty level.. 10!!!
kumoricon 2012

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2011, 10:16:39 am »
I SWEAR TO GOD, I WILL FINISH MY RAICHU TAIL TOMORROW. I just need to get that stupid lightning bolt from flopping around! And i have a plan.

What are you gonna do for it? *has the same problem*

At first, it was just made of four pieces of felt. then i added duct tape around that, then two pieces of cardboard, then more duct tape, then i sewed a felt cover to go over it and then hand sewed it closed. boom.

Offline TheArtNinja

• Cabbit
« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2011, 10:38:56 am »
That sounds really sturdy. Isn't it a bit heavy with all of that tape though? Still, if it works, that does give me an idea for a future cosplay...
The Super Mario Cosplay and Photoshoot Thread! Show your Mushroom Kingdom pride!
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=15268.0

Offline obscure_reference

• Cabbit
« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2011, 10:59:57 am »
Just found out TODAY that my friend and I will be there.  Time to dust off the old cosplay and make some last minute repairs from Sakuracon!
Current cosplays:
Waldorf (of Satatler and Waldorf)
Yakko Warner
Beetlejuice                                 
More obscurity to come!  Next year: Not saying! ;) (Hint):  Its another Jim Henson Puppet!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2011, 11:16:43 am »
Hurray for sewing in hotel rooms on day 0??!!

Offline hyperkineticenergy

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2011, 11:21:13 am »
Yup. Gonna have to sew my cape in the hotel with my little portable sewing machine that's hand held and that i've never used before. This'll be one heck on an adventure!
Kcon2012:Umbreon, Romano, Shizuo, and Izaya

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2011, 12:24:56 pm »
At least you will be in a room! I will be sewing in the car on the drive to Day 0...  :D
And so it begins...

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2011, 12:45:06 pm »
Used fabric paint on my socks... they're drying on my legs right now. xD

Offline kaylakamikaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2011, 02:24:34 pm »
i think i might now actually be finished...i dropped a carbirator on my foot this morning and now i cant wear my boots but hey converse are just as good haha
kumoricon 2012