Author Topic: Tales of 2012!  (Read 54456 times)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Tales of 2012!
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2011, 06:02:27 pm »
My Rita wig came today! I'll post pics later.

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2012, 10:03:35 pm »
Actually. Now I'm working on F!Lloyd for Fanime since my F!Genis will probably be there with me, so I might as well bring it to Kumo as well.
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 03:04:54 am »
Soooo, if we do end up having the Tales of Panel (which I'm really going to push for, I'll put in the applications and takes care of everything for this if I have to), I do plan on bringing the Tales games I own, though I doubt I'll be able to do anything more than just show that I have them. What I have are the following:

Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Tales of Destiny (PS)
Tales of Eternia (PSP)
Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)
Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
Tales of Legendia (PS2)
Tales of Vesperia (360)
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP)
Tales of Xillia (PS3) [This one is a game that I am EXTREMELY protective of, so yeah, definitely don't expect me to let it out of my sight. I'm very lucky to have it at all.]

I also have Tales of Hearts, Tales of Innocence, and Tales of the Tempest (NDS), but they are all on an R4, so I didn't actually purchase them (though man, if I had the money, I would order an actual copy of all of them in a heartbeat). Also, by the time the con happens, I will have Tales of Graces f (PS3). That's officially happening. My pre-order was paid off as a Christmas Gift and I even requested 3/13/2012 off from work so that I can go and get it and not have to worry about rushing back to work. Am I dedicated, or am I just sad?

Another thought occurred to me while I was playing Xillia that I kind of want to see if I can delve into ... I want to kind of discuss how the series as a whole has evolved, in storylines, in game schematics, and what the major differences are in the newer games as compared to the older ones. Even if I can hardly understand a lot of what they're saying in Xillia, there are still a ton of things I'm noticing that are things I haven't seen very much, if at all in a Tales game.

As usual, any other ideas on what we can do for the Tales panel are more than welcome, and I still would love to have some help in running it from someone who knows the series as a whole fairly well. C:

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 03:18:42 am »
I actually haven't play some of the other series but I know Abyss pretty well ? This would be awesome to do ! I getting my friend to cosplay Raven and im of course going as Guy .
sdfsdfsd.
a panel would be so cool . omggg
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 03:44:15 am »
I actually haven't play some of the other series but I know Abyss pretty well ? This would be awesome to do ! I getting my friend to cosplay Raven and im of course going as Guy .
sdfsdfsd.

I'm going to try like mad to make sure a panel happens! I already put in for my vacation time from work, so I really, really hope I'll be able to get the time off to do it. *A*

And aaaaa I want to start on my cosplay already. Leia's outfit is just so awesome!! So excited!

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 07:50:12 am »
sdfsdfsd.

GUY! I love him and never see any good cosplays of him. I can't wait to see it when your done. =D
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 04:36:38 pm »
Well, for me I know Symphonia, Vesperia, Phantasia, (Soon Abyss), and Destiny pretty well. c: I've been playing the Tales games I own as I can so I can catch up with what I don't remember. xD

I've been thinking about adding Estelle from Tales of Vesperia to my Cosplay list, However I'm not sure. Looks like fun!

I'm really hoping we could get a panel! <3

@Veraca; Yeah, totally! xP The more the merrier! c:
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 01:27:38 am »
@ Gwar - that's totally fine! ^^ Thank you for adding me! I'm pretty shy and feel odd being the only Tales of Hearts xD But oh well right? ^_^

I'm planning to get a dressform actually in January and that'll help me modify the skirt pattern for Richea, so I can make a new one that'll fit much better. Still not sure on the base, if it should be a petticoat or what... I'm thinking a petticoat attached to the skirt itself, and probably a 3 tier one...

If I see you at con, I am going to get a picture. And give you the biggest hug ever. I love Tales of Hearts, and I want to see people cosplay more from it. ;; One of these days I may try to cosplay Beryl ... I want to cosplay Kohak/Kohaku, but my body type would not fit her outfit at all. T_T

As for the panel, the name of it: Tales of Kumoricon. Yes? Or do you think we can do better? Maybe just 'Tales of Kumori' would sound better ... it'd sound like an actual Tales of title. xP
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:41:22 am by Hattsune »

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 12:38:32 pm »
That sounds like a cute name for a panel actually n.n I approve~
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »
I like the 'Tales of Kumori' Idea. c:
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 01:26:44 am »
Hattsune @ 
ahhh the names are cute !!  I think ' Tales of Kumori ' could work. even ' Tales of Kumoricon ' could work xD
but i know what you mean .. i want too but i dont plan it till after Sakuracon ! > <

Emo @
sdfsdfs. i don't think I'll be any better ! ; A ; i need to shave off pounds but I really want to cosplay him.

CHIIIBIIII  @

YOU. I WANT TO GET THE WIG FROM YOU FOR GUYYY

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2012, 01:45:38 am »
Tales of Kumori, then. C:

Randomly, one of these days, I will host a Digimon Panel with the name 'Gettin' Digi with It'.

... /lame

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2012, 05:51:22 pm »
CHIIIBIIII  @

YOU. I WANT TO GET THE WIG FROM YOU FOR GUYYY
Sorry .3. been gone to california xD come get it

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 03:37:19 am »
I wanna come to the panel!!!

And actually, from the small selection I've played- Abyss is probably the most... non-Tales-traditional in plotline. It doesn't really have "another world" like the majority of the others do, and it gets very psychological. It also stays around one-three main characters more so then the other games from it's time period (like Symphonia and Legendia having more plot with side characters included).

BTW I would looooove to play Hearts a little! I haven't gotten a chance to more than seeing some stuff on youtube. College keeps me too busy, I tell you.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline awesomeyuan

• Oni
    • DeviantART
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »
my cosplay plans have changed for Tales wise. XD
I was going to be Jade from Abyss, but doesn't seem like that will happen.

I will be Asch from Abyss, Colette (formalwear) from Symphonia, and Sheena from Symphonia
Colette will be my main cosplay, since i'm going all out on her, i've made her wings, i need to make her weapons, and i'm soooo close to finish sewing. very excited. XD
"whatever will be, will be" Zelos
"I could say cool things like 'burn to oblivion!'" Lloyd

Kumoricon 2013 plans! <3
King Of Facade (NieR) 20%
Jacklynn (fem!jack ROTG) 0%
Genis Sage (Tales of Symphonia) (maybe) 0%
bringing Asch the Bloody

Offline Maiku

• Sailor Scout
    • Octavian Cosplay
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
It looks like I'll be attempting to get Kratos from Symphonia done in time to take to Fanime.  Good chance if I have him done for Fanime I'll also bring him to Kumo.  Not a 100%, but a definite possibility.
2012 Kumo

Dad - Homestuck / Yukimura - Brave 10 / Captain Marvelous - Gokaiger / Flame Prince - Adventure Time

See some of my work: http://www.facebook.com/OctavianCosplay

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 07:28:19 pm »
Front Page has been updated! <3 C:

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2012, 03:49:19 am »
im reallly hoping i can cosplay Guy . but IDK .. i need to get to making money by finding a job - also school .. and what not

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2012, 07:51:05 am »
I won't be able to do Rita this year because of a severe lack of money Dx I'll just have to save her for next year

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 12:50:55 am »
HEH so me and my bestie came up with a plan to be able to order our cosplays for tales .. since Sakuracon is coming uup' we plan to save the money we get and earned from house chores ( and my bday ) and put it aside for Guy and raven.
SOOO
i'll order Guy's cosplay ~ since i found it cheap !

left to do is ..

> buy wig
> buy boots
> buy wooden sword to repaint.

8D I hope we do a panel !!!

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 02:28:53 am »
Ah, crappit, I just NOW realized I typoed Leia's last name when I signed up XDDD

It's actually Leia Rolando. Oops!

S-SO, WHO GOT GRACES THE OTHER DAY? I'm seriously loving it so far! *A*

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »
LOL.

xDDD ~

I haven't D: .. i really want to play it but i think I'll wait for gamefly.
dfgsdgdf.

OH. cosplay update,
my bestie is getting me guys boots for my borthday ; u ; .. dream cosplay in the works

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »
I seriously stared at Graces in the store for like 10 minutes cursing the fact that it's not on the Wii. What the heck is up with that?! It was originally on the Wii- so give it to us ON THE WII!!! For crying out loud!
*groans*

....Anyway. I'm pretty sure I'll have Richea for the con. I've been looking her over the last few days to see if there's anything that will need fixing or completely re-doing after SakuraCon. At most, it will be the shoes... But I think everything should be fine. Now to see if it survives SakuraCon. I swear, I'm only gonna be walking like 10ft at a time in this costume x.x
Kumori'15

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:17 am »
I am supposed to be getting Tales of Gracesf  for my birthday as a present! :3

Also, mid cosplay update. Here's my prop for Estelle! (Kinda..)

It's Repede as a Puppy! :3 I got him from a friend! I'll be carrying him around during the con when I'm Estelle. <3
(Hopefully the picture isn't too big.. >< )

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 01:35:46 pm »
HEY
So im gonna order my Cosplay sooon and wanted some word from you Tales nerds.

the price is great and cheaper then ebay's. . ~ and i have coupons.
does it look alright ?? close enough to guy ?
http://www.milanoo.com/Tales-of-the-Abyss-Guy-Cecil-Cosplay-Costume-p1746.html

and im still having trouble finding a sword thats cheap or reasonable ..

http://www.amazon.com/Bokken-Cord-Wrapped-Handle-Scabbard/dp/B0015NFNMQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

but im like 5'5" .. so im trying to think what length I should get without it looking awkward.
.. like 28inches ??

http://www.sakuramartialarts.com/Martial_Arts_Weapons_Sword_Bokken_With_Scabbard_p/wea-9434-a1.htm

http://www.tigerstrike.com/oakbowisc.html

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2012, 03:56:04 am »
I've heard horror stories about milanoo.... So I'd suggest staying away. Far away.

As for the sword length, I'd say 32"-35". You want at least your hip to floor length (leg length) for a sword to look good. Most swords are about arm length or a bit longer. My keyblade is about 28-32" long and I'm 5' big, and it doesn't look much oversized on me, and doesn't even come to the top of my hip.
Kumori'15

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2012, 01:50:59 pm »
Ive actually heard some good stories o: .. one of my friends recently bought and her costume came out fine.
I mean the price was best and so was the quality . dfgdf. I guess it all depends for buyers ! its a gamble !

ahh mmmk. Its hard finding one at that length .. closest i get is 40" ..
and i want one reasonable

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »
There are wood sword sellers that attend most conventions. You can take a look from them. Some are 20$ and are a good length. I'd suggest browsing their stock in person and asking cause they know their stock pretty well.
Kumori'15

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2012, 10:51:52 pm »
thats a good idea ! hopefully i'll find some with a sheath .. sdsafds

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:55 pm »
//keeps this alive.

Sooo im hoping my cosplay will come in tomorrowwww!
I already have the wig && boots.

I also ordered a sword last weeeeek so..
hopefullllyyy it'll be in within two weeks so i can start painting.

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »
So! I am officially signed up as Panels Staff for 2012, and my roommate has offered to be my partner for working on the Tales of Kumori panel this year. I'm going to try and put in off from work on May 19 so that I can attend the staff meeting and hopefully get the panel form in for us. c:

Speaking of Panel Content, I talked to my other roommate, who is actually a high-ranking member of the staff, and got her advice on how to handle showings of the anime ovas/movies and playing games at the panel, and it's been decided that it's probably not a good idea to do gaming. Especially considering there's going to be four of us packed into a tiny car and we can only take so much anyway, but I will be bringing my collection of Tales Games to kinda put up for show at the table at the front of the room. Just a note that I'm ... really paranoid and overprotective of them, especially a select few of them, since I'm lucky to have them.

My partner actually suggested something awesome as a minigame for the panel, though!! Tales of Graces f actually introduced a minigame called Magic Carta, which is really cool. Let me see if I can find youtube content ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMHRgbleDOQ Here! It's the Magic Carta game on easy mode. There are some name changes in the localization, so we might change those back to the original names ...

It's a HUGE homage to the previous Tales games, and it's a ton of fun. Tsumi and I are working out the mechanics of how we would do it during the panel, and I think we've got a pretty good idea of how we're going to make it work. It'll be interesting! And Tsumi and I will have a lot of cards to make, haha. There are 90 cards total, all of them of different Tales characters from the games prior to Graces.

Who would be interested in playing Magic Carta at the panel? :D

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2012, 09:27:27 pm »
So! I am officially signed up as Panels Staff for 2012, and my roommate has offered to be my partner for working on the Tales of Kumori panel this year. I'm going to try and put in off from work on May 19 so that I can attend the staff meeting and hopefully get the panel form in for us. c:

Speaking of Panel Content, I talked to my other roommate, who is actually a high-ranking member of the staff, and got her advice on how to handle showings of the anime ovas/movies and playing games at the panel, and it's been decided that it's probably not a good idea to do gaming. Especially considering there's going to be four of us packed into a tiny car and we can only take so much anyway, but I will be bringing my collection of Tales Games to kinda put up for show at the table at the front of the room. Just a note that I'm ... really paranoid and overprotective of them, especially a select few of them, since I'm lucky to have them.

My partner actually suggested something awesome as a minigame for the panel, though!! Tales of Graces f actually introduced a minigame called Magic Carta, which is really cool. Let me see if I can find youtube content ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMHRgbleDOQ Here! It's the Magic Carta game on easy mode. There are some name changes in the localization, so we might change those back to the original names ...

It's a HUGE homage to the previous Tales games, and it's a ton of fun. Tsumi and I are working out the mechanics of how we would do it during the panel, and I think we've got a pretty good idea of how we're going to make it work. It'll be interesting! And Tsumi and I will have a lot of cards to make, haha. There are 90 cards total, all of them of different Tales characters from the games prior to Graces.

Who would be interested in playing Magic Carta at the panel? :D
sounds awesome !! 8D you have me' as Guy cecil and my bestie as Raven from tales of vesperia who are more then welcomed to be in the tales panel !

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »
Yaaaay! A panel! <3 I would be interested in playing Magic Carta.~

@Clap; Oooo your friend is being Raven? Sweet! More Tales Cosplay! <3

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2012, 01:57:44 am »
Yaaaay! A panel! <3 I would be interested in playing Magic Carta.~

@Clap; Oooo your friend is being Raven? Sweet! More Tales Cosplay! <3

mhm ! mr. sexuality himself LOL.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »
double post!

.. we ever get a idea for a shoot time & area yet ??
.. and possibly panel?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2012, 01:32:42 am »
If the park's still open to us, going out doors would be a good idea.
Kumori'15

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 08:59:19 pm »
agreed !

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2012, 11:53:38 am »
We're planning a pretty big Graces group this year. If all goes well, we should have Asbel, Richard, Pascal, Hubert and Malik. Possibly Sophie, too.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »
Sahweeet !  I think more the merrier on Tales of ! cosplays !

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2012, 01:11:54 pm »
I should really be more active in this topic =n= -lazy-   Lukes wig is finally styled and ready to go~ just gotta shrink up my jacket a tidily bit now~

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »
bump. ! can't wait to wear guy * ^ *

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2012, 01:59:06 am »
I wasn't able to make it to the last meeting like I'd wanted to, so I'm going to look for panel forms, and I'll fill them out as soon as I find them. I'll keep you guys updated.

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2012, 02:19:05 am »
I wasn't able to make it to the last meeting like I'd wanted to, so I'm going to look for panel forms, and I'll fill them out as soon as I find them. I'll keep you guys updated.
Alright sweet ! hope we get it !

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »
Filled out the panel form for Tales of Kumori today! Here's hoping we get it! :D

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2012, 02:31:30 pm »
do you know what day you requested ?? and time ??

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2012, 01:15:05 am »
We're able to request three times on our panel forms. I requested that the panel be hosted for 2 hours on either Saturday Evening, Sunday Afternoon, or Sunday Evening. I wanted to make sure everyone who wanted to come to the panel would be able to, and Saturday or Sunday seems like the best days for that.

I really don't know when it will be put in the schedule, if it will be at all. Despite this, though, Tsumi and I are gonna go ahead with plans for the panel and hope for the best! c:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2012, 04:39:09 pm »
Really hope we get one of the evening slots x3 that would be so nice! btw have we decided what we were gonna do at the panel?

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2012, 05:16:32 pm »
We're able to request three times on our panel forms. I requested that the panel be hosted for 2 hours on either Saturday Evening, Sunday Afternoon, or Sunday Evening. I wanted to make sure everyone who wanted to come to the panel would be able to, and Saturday or Sunday seems like the best days for that.

I really don't know when it will be put in the schedule, if it will be at all. Despite this, though, Tsumi and I are gonna go ahead with plans for the panel and hope for the best! c:
sounds great ! i hope we dooo since i have no idea when im wearing Guy .
IMM excitted for it ! totally make a post ???
for what characters & how many people ???
and of course... whats to be planned.. lol
sdfsd
im up for being guy at the panel !
and my bro will be Raven !
and of course chibi is Luuukee

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2012, 09:18:45 pm »
My friend and I would gladly be Estelle and Rita at the Panel! c: I'll be bringing my puppy Repede plush as a prop as well!

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2012, 02:54:58 pm »
My panel partner and I are going to be working on panel content soon, but we're definitely planning on trying to play magic carta during the panel at some point. c: If magic carta goes over well and people want to play even after the panel is done, we may be able to move that elsewhere and play it?

COSPLAYS FOR 2013: