Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 334321 times)

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #350 on: October 19, 2011, 03:35:48 pm »
GAH so frustrated with cosplay right now! Shaky hands + needle = FAIL! >:(

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #351 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:42 pm »
Has anyone used the epoxy that comes in the two sided syringe?  Do you have to mix it when it comes out or can you just apply it directly?

I dunno about a syringe, but I frequently use the stuff that comes in two tubes. You have to mix it but it's the strongest glue I've ever found.

BAHAHA babysitting gives me moneyyyyyy. That and I solved my clay armor dilemma by learning that paper mache is sandable (which seems pretty obvious now that I think about it) so I dont have to use clay at all! Which shaves a good $30 off Dolorosa'a price, easy.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #352 on: October 20, 2011, 06:05:17 pm »
You always want to mix an epoxy before applying it, that's the point of a two-part epoxy. The two different parts have to be mixed to-ratio or else the chemicals won't activate properly and it won't bond or cure.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2011, 09:47:32 am »
Cool, thanks for the input.  I guess that these two liquids in the two sided syringe still need mixing in another container before I use.  First time using epoxy in a prop.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #354 on: October 21, 2011, 12:47:24 pm »
We finally found the purple fabric paint, so yesterday we fixed the number for taito. Now it will actually show up in photos! Yay

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #355 on: October 21, 2011, 12:48:27 pm »
Looks good :)

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #356 on: October 25, 2011, 12:25:38 pm »

I hate that. It's times like that when I decide it's a good time to set the project down for another day.
Honestly, I haven't sewn any since the week before Kcon 2011 and I may not for a while. I put so much energy into those last few weeks that I'm almost tired of crafting. Almost. I have started working on my costumes for this year, but only in purchasing the required materials.

I ordered a spandex body suit for my Dersite costumes from Amazon last week. It arrived yesterday. Closet Snowman time~

Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #357 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »
Well, there's a thread set up now for Chan & I in the event we were to get married at the con this year.  If  you're interested, here's a link to it.

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16308.0

There's supposed to be some pics posted up soon so that people who don't know us by our faces can have an idea what we look like if it'd help with their decisions.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »
So I had decided to be maid!denmark for part of con with all the other hetamaids. :D  But I don't have a maid dress (and I don't have the skill to make one). So...I was thinking that if I pin up this dress and make it shorter, and then get/make a black or red over-wrap to cover the shoulders, and a red apron....would it work?

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #359 on: October 25, 2011, 03:13:41 pm »

I hate that. It's times like that when I decide it's a good time to set the project down for another day.
Honestly, I haven't sewn any since the week before Kcon 2011 and I may not for a while. I put so much energy into those last few weeks that I'm almost tired of crafting. Almost. I have started working on my costumes for this year, but only in purchasing the required materials.

I ordered a spandex body suit for my Dersite costumes from Amazon last week. It arrived yesterday. Closet Snowman time~

Niiiice, that looks really good.

Uuurgh, after watching the End of Act 5 and getting these super-detailed shots of all these awesome costumes there's like six new Homestuck cosplays I want to do. D: It's getting to the point where I'm not sure when I'll have time to wear all the costumes I'm planning already, I really shouldn't be adding more, butbutbut...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #360 on: October 25, 2011, 03:31:29 pm »
So I had decided to be maid!denmark for part of con with all the other hetamaids. :D  But I don't have a maid dress (and I don't have the skill to make one). So...I was thinking that if I pin up this dress and make it shorter, and then get/make a black or red over-wrap to cover the shoulders, and a red apron....would it work?

Um... yes?  I think it'd work.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #361 on: October 25, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »

The shirt and blue jeans (you can sort of see them) for my SatW denmark cosplay. A bit fail, but at least I tried.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #362 on: October 27, 2011, 06:40:29 am »

My necklace came in today for Rose!

Sadly, it is a bit smaller then I expected, but I wasn't wanting the real size.

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #363 on: October 27, 2011, 10:47:34 am »
Niiiice, that looks really good.

Uuurgh, after watching the End of Act 5 and getting these super-detailed shots of all these awesome costumes there's like six new Homestuck cosplays I want to do. D: It's getting to the point where I'm not sure when I'll have time to wear all the costumes I'm planning already, I really shouldn't be adding more, butbutbut...

I know! ;A; I usually wear at least one costume from a previous year to each con, but at the pace I'm going, I'll end up only wearing new stuff. It makes me feel like I've thrown all my other cosplays by the wayside forever when the truth is that I like them all, I just like new things this year.

Because of those detailed shots in Cascade, I'm wondering if I shouldn't make Snowman's trenchcoat with a fabric with stars in it... Assuming that I make it at all.
[EDIT] Or I could sew sequins to a black trench, still assuming that I make it. I think I am going to do Jack, also, because these wings cost me a fortune, but I gave up on the costume I originally bought them for.

The shirt and blue jeans (you can sort of see them) for my SatW denmark cosplay. A bit fail, but at least I tried.

I think that looks fine!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:59:05 am by Psych »

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2011, 11:46:06 am »
noel vermilion is done ;-; ah mai gawd how i love my sleeves. i got aquas wig from doe and i love how it looks on me <3 just need to finish the boots for her. maka came i the mail and shes sooooooo warm also need to just finish her boots.

i sketched out my idea of gyrados gijinka and i just hope i can find someone to help carry my 7 yard long tail x.x;;;;

also need to make feet for blue and find dinosaur claws,. anyone know where i can find some?
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #365 on: October 27, 2011, 02:29:23 pm »
Seven yards? My goodness!
I don't know where you could find dinosaur claws, but I know there's patterns to make some out of origami. Haha. That'd be the cheap way out.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #366 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:16 pm »
I really hope you meant seven feet, because a 21 ft long tail would be absurd. XP
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2011, 02:25:00 am »
Busy with cosplay business I have been :D

Android 18 wig (I haven't cut it yet)

Yukina is complete (minus some wig trimming) :DDDD

Front:

Back:

The reason I look so pissed is because Android 18s wig wouldn't do what I wanted it to, and the waist size of Yukina is a 22 instead of a 24 somehow, so it's a little snug and this upset me lol....
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:10:24 am by CyberIncision »

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2011, 03:01:33 am »
Ah, man, you make a great Yukina.

I've sort of finalized Sakuracon plans; right now it looks like I'm doing Rose Lalonde, Dolorosa and Princess Bubblegum. If Wonder Northwest happens in 2012 I'll pull together a God Tier!Rose for that, and if it doesn't I...probably will anyways, I WANT that outfit. Since I have no money at the moment I've just been planning stuff out, working out which wigs I'll need and what fabric and everything.

Dammit, I want to have something to sew again!

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2011, 07:33:10 pm »
nope. i mean 7 yards, 21 feet.... cuz thats how long gyrados is..... yeah but i found a magikarp to help me lol
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #370 on: October 31, 2011, 12:48:10 pm »
It seems that the progress thread has fizzled a bit over the last few weeks.  I found an engineers striped coverall online that I will order and modify into a miniskirt with a low v neck for my Fem Engineer.  Right now money sucks cause I have a $400 vet bill to take care of.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #371 on: November 01, 2011, 11:56:39 am »
I'm gonna paint my Rainbow Dash shoes today!!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2011, 12:11:29 pm »
Well, im now helping my friend with his rainbow fox furry outfit for kumoricon, so my cosplays are being put on hold. I have to make a pair of fox ears and figure out how to attach them to a fedora  so that they look real.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #373 on: November 01, 2011, 02:16:18 pm »
I am thinking about dropping everything and being Altair.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #374 on: November 01, 2011, 05:21:15 pm »
no luck on the lizzy wig?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2011, 06:12:08 pm »
no it's not the lizzy wig I just really want to cosplay assassins creed as soon as possible.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #376 on: November 08, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »
Epoxy is fun   ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #377 on: November 08, 2011, 08:33:10 pm »
Well I finally settled on my cosplays for Sakuracon so now I know what I need to work on.

Date:
Take the jacket out a little to make it less form fitting
Remake the shirt armor to go under the chain mail
Find better material for chain mail
Fix the sleeves on the jacket.

Taokaka:
New mask (working on that now)
Fix the paint on the dress and zipper.

Haruko:
Finish bass (which its half way now)
Make the dress

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #378 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:08 pm »
The only progress I've made so far is that I've created a siggy of what I'm looking at possibly doing.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2011, 07:51:41 pm »
For a con I'm going to in Feb, I'm redoing Kairi's dress (again) so I started seam ripping that and decided how I'm sewing the lace onto the new tank top. I need to get a new hood made out and decide how I'm making the new pouch this time.

Also planning on seam ripping one of Kokonoe's sleeves that is pissing me off and then finally finishing the coat and pants so I can focus on the bracelets that only need to be sanded, painted and sealed. I'll probably remake them eventually, but for now I think they'll do.

After that it's good will shopping for cargo jeans that will work for Melissa from Full Metal Panic since that will be my easiest cosplay this year.
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2011, 05:36:45 pm »
Just found my hard hat for my Fem Engineer.  I thought it got tossed in with the goodwill stuff when I moved.  Nope, just ran across it.  I'm so happy. ;D

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2011, 09:57:47 pm »
got my sailor moon brooches and tiara in the mail today sooo excited <3
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2011, 11:41:09 pm »
I need another cosplay for Sakuracon. The only one I know for sure is Iroh from Avatar but I really want to do something where I get to make stuff. Preferably something big.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #383 on: November 13, 2011, 12:00:51 am »
no it's not the lizzy wig I just really want to cosplay assassins creed as soon as possible.

I am know selling my lizzy wig for $30 if you still need one

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:17 am »
I don't think I need it anymore.. I have my ciel wig and I am not doing any anime cosplay this year except ciel

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2011, 12:27:32 am »
I don't think I need it anymore.. I have my ciel wig and I am not doing any anime cosplay this year except ciel
mmk

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2011, 12:32:16 am »
Drinking hot chocolate and watching the occupy portland on the news while i make the base of my bear claw gloves for my femHeavy cosplay

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #387 on: November 19, 2011, 10:00:22 am »
O man...If I don't get started on cosplay soon I will be paniky this spring.  Barrowed a sewing machine from a friend.  Need to make secret cosplay clothes and buy a Dickies blue coveral and modify it into a pinup style short dress.  What do you think with the outfit...dolled up makeup and hair coveral dress and either boots or pumps.  Ladies?

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #388 on: November 19, 2011, 10:03:56 am »
For your Engineer? Or just in general? I think it would be a really cute dress <3

For progress: I've been looking at lots of spandex and ordering swatches so I can decide which color in which fabric I want for my Shiro cosplay. Also need to sell some stuff so I can order cosplay stuff (like Shiro wig, Kuragehime wig), and buy materials.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #389 on: November 19, 2011, 10:31:14 am »
I m workign hard on all my stuff o.o I just finished my wolf ears for my OC o.o their so ubber looking

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2011, 01:57:43 pm »
I had Emo_Schemer seam rip my Kairi for me, so I'm going to get that back from her, knock out the tank top and then probably start hand sewing the rest of the green lining to Kokonoe's pants so those can be finished already.

I still need to seam rip the sleeve that's giving me grief and then resew that and try to find a clasp to fix the top part of the collar, which shouldn't be too hard. I need to find a better belt for her and then paint the bell I'm using. I also still need to suck it up, go outside and sand down the bracelet's so I can paint them and be done with it. I might bundle up and do that today after errands.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #391 on: November 19, 2011, 10:49:14 pm »
I started working on Deedlit's armor. I got the chest piece cut out and I am starting to strengthen in. After I got the back done I can start finishing the front, attach the detailing put resin over the top and then paint. I also got the shoulder armor pretty much ready to go. I just need to add the detailing and paint it. On the 15th I will get paid again and will be able to get the fabric I need to sew. Before then I can do the last few things to touch up Date and Taokaka.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2011, 02:22:51 am »
Looks like I'll have to have a whole new cosplay line up due to personal reasoning......

Dunno who to cosplay though... Maybe Marluxia? Axel? Sebastian? Ciel? Grell? Dunno... I'll think of something...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2011, 10:13:30 am »
^ Um... what is your list currently looking like?  Maybe we could help you decide...

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2011, 11:49:37 am »
^Well my original line up was Rose from Titanic, Yuna in her wedding dress from Final Fantasy, and Prussia in a maid dress from APH.
My current list of suggestions and ideas are: Sebastian or Ciel from Kuroshitsuji, Mikuru from Haruhi Suzumiya, Marluxia from KH, and Prussia from APH.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2011, 12:00:15 pm »
Well, I have no idea who Marluxia is, but between Sebastian & Ciel, I'd recommend Sebastian.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »
^I do have Sebastians outfit already, so that works. ^_^

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2011, 09:18:08 pm »
^ Awesome!

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2011, 10:57:48 am »
Kairi is finally all seam ripped, so I have tomorrow off and plan to do cosplay all day after I turn in my Accident claim for thinger for the dmv. Then if I need to take a break I'll work on my co-worker's secret santa! :D

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2011, 07:36:04 pm »
Got my dress for Aya Brea. Just need to hem it and fix the strip on the chest area of her dress and then everything is perfect. :)