Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 334167 times)

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 29, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »
Oh mai goose I havent posted in a while.... XD
So.. I changed meh line up. Again. Due to money issues... So. I am still doing Jareth.

BUT. I'm going to be Zombie!Marluxia for Day 1 of the con. I've been getting more into Makeup and stuff so I'm excited to do this.. So here is my first attempt at the makeup. (Sorry for the poor photoshop of the eyes. XP And the lighting in my bathroom isnt the best...). I know the mistakes and what not and I am improving slowly and trying different techniques and blending:

Edit: Totally didnt see my sister posted the photo too so. Pft XP I deleted its.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:38:48 pm by Chromophobic »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1101 on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:53 pm »
After a lot of delay I've finally gotten around to sewing down the circles on Mrs. Toad's bodice!

Right now I'm sewing them onto the skirt. They're just cut out of felt and I'm handsewing them down and MAN I am sick of handsewing ugh ;_;
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1102 on: April 29, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »
looks amazing :D ^

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1103 on: May 01, 2012, 07:18:20 am »
Put down a layer resin on the inside of my Desert Punk hat (2 layers on the outside and 1 on the inside)...went to home depot and bought some bondo for tomorrow night.  I don't think Home Depot is use to girls coming in with their big red hair covered in flowers.  I got some stutters out of the guy that pointed to where the bondo was located.

I need to clean up my work space so I can get even more projects done.  Need to start Desert Punks backpack with cooling unit and rocket wench...that should be fun.  Time to break out the PVC pipes.

Update:  Holy moly.....If you ever work with polystyrene foam or Styrofoam get a Hot Wire....I freakin love mine.  Did some shaping of my sister Marluxia scythe last night and it works amazingly good.  No blue smurf dust flying around the air, nice clean cuts, and quick!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:44:51 am by Drauska »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1104 on: May 03, 2012, 06:54:34 am »
^^Safty note:  Bondo is definately an outdoor project...    :o ::)

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #1105 on: May 03, 2012, 08:57:05 am »
yes it most certainly is

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1106 on: May 03, 2012, 09:43:13 am »
Put down a thick layer on my Desert Punk hat and O BOY!!  high time.   ::)  now it's ready for a bit of sanding, but I think i will have to wait until I get an outdoor place to do that...maybe Memorial day weekend at my mom's house.  She has an empty lot next to her house that is begging for some outdoor sanding.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #1107 on: May 03, 2012, 10:02:53 am »
Ive been working on Guy's sword since monday'ish.  All I have done is the hilt :'D . . i need to spray it with clear o keep the paint from damaging ~o~ ..
i think i'll start the silver for the blade soon after i fix some accessories !
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #1108 on: May 03, 2012, 01:10:56 pm »
working on my disciple horns today. i should be able to start painting tonight. and i've pretty much finalized my lineup for kumoricon now.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1109 on: May 03, 2012, 01:17:47 pm »
I'm revamping my Steampunk Cheshire Cat outfit. Changing the spine/tail to be smaller and studier.

Also, going to be weather Gibbs' clothing this weekend.

I might get the fabric I need to Ice King as well.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1110 on: May 03, 2012, 01:18:26 pm »
Finally got a sewing machine a few days ago so I can start on my dress.

I picked up a basket with a handle and my friend and I are gonna fill it with fake tomatoes (because my character loves them). So, about 5% done with my outfit ^^;;
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #1111 on: May 03, 2012, 03:52:03 pm »
I've decided that I'm going to try and get together a J cosplay (from Heat Guy J). It'll be interesting to see if I can pull it off in time. Thankfully the most complicated part of the outfit is probably going to be the wig, and that shouldn't be too hard...

But with Star Wars Celebration VI coming up I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get it finished in time. If not, I'll wear it next year, and I'll probably just end up wearing one of my Jedi Knight outfits to the convention instead. Decked out with a few anime things...

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Rofflz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1112 on: May 03, 2012, 05:09:34 pm »
I decided I'm adding Yoko to my list. (^3^)/ Gonna pick up the materials for her tomorrow. Also going to start a couple lolita inspired dresses.
I'm going to probably drop Len from my con list. I'm adding Rose Lalonde to, probably just God Tier...
But I'm mostly going to work on Yoko's first outfit, since I already have a suitable wig for her :d and I fixed my sewing machine XD
This weekend I'mma finish all of Yoko (except her boots) and redo my Stocking dress (since I messed it up big time) then maybe start casual Mio... O_O
I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE CON! I'M MOVING OUT OF STATE! AND IT IS THE SAME WEEKEND AS SABOTEN IN AZ. SORRY EVERYONE~!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1113 on: May 03, 2012, 06:08:17 pm »
I am just about done with my new Date helmet. I still need to do just a few more things. I'm quite happy with the way it looks so far

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1114 on: May 03, 2012, 10:01:11 pm »
I am just about done with my new Date helmet. I still need to do just a few more things. I'm quite happy with the way it looks so far

looks alot better

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1115 on: May 04, 2012, 01:38:34 am »
Purchased my blue, red, and yellow-gold eye contact lenses. :D Also purchasing some fabric and getting ready to start on my cosplay making.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1116 on: May 04, 2012, 02:02:48 am »
Almost done with the fur boots, tomorrow I have to set up my sewing machine and sew them, I have a little extra fur fabric left, I'll probably use it for sleeves.
I'll be cleaning off my desk and cleaning up my room tomorrow so that I can have some space to work. Should be fun. :-X
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Rofflz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1117 on: May 04, 2012, 06:53:23 pm »
I picked up some black and red pleather at JoAnn's for Yoko... does anybody know a good pattern for shorts? Because I've never made them before T^T I'm going to sew the top, scarf thing and her stockings tonight. I'm working on a pattern for the gloves to, but if somebody knows a good pattern, I'd really appreciate it ^3^
I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE CON! I'M MOVING OUT OF STATE! AND IT IS THE SAME WEEKEND AS SABOTEN IN AZ. SORRY EVERYONE~!

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1118 on: May 04, 2012, 10:24:32 pm »
Heres the progress of the Marluxia scythe my sister, Drauska, is making for me. :3

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1119 on: May 04, 2012, 11:48:32 pm »

My Alisa (Tekken) wig! Not sure if any of you have played Tekken, or know this character, but feed back would be appreciated :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1120 on: May 04, 2012, 11:50:03 pm »
^ It's a great wig!  (To be honest, I'm very curious on how you are going to do her arms...)
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1121 on: May 04, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »
^ It's a great wig!  (To be honest, I'm very curious on how you are going to do her arms...)

My game plan is to shape a light weight wood, then coat it in craft foam and make the edges from craft foam too. My main worry is her jet pack which I'd like to do also. :/ Thanks for the feedback :D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #1122 on: May 05, 2012, 12:15:41 am »
Put down a layer resin on the inside of my Desert Punk hat (2 layers on the outside and 1 on the inside)...went to home depot and bought some bondo for tomorrow night.  I don't think Home Depot is use to girls coming in with their big red hair covered in flowers.  I got some stutters out of the guy that pointed to where the bondo was located.

I need to clean up my work space so I can get even more projects done.  Need to start Desert Punks backpack with cooling unit and rocket wench...that should be fun.  Time to break out the PVC pipes.

Update:  Holy moly.....If you ever work with polystyrene foam or Styrofoam get a Hot Wire....I freakin love mine.  Did some shaping of my sister Marluxia scythe last night and it works amazingly good.  No blue smurf dust flying around the air, nice clean cuts, and quick!!!

Where do you get a hot wire and how much are they?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1123 on: May 05, 2012, 10:44:34 am »

My game plan is to shape a light weight wood, then coat it in craft foam and make the edges from craft foam too. My main worry is her jet pack which I'd like to do also. :/ Thanks for the feedback :D

I see... recommendation?  I would recommend poplar for the wood.  It's light, cheap, and fairly strong, especially for as being as light as it is.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #1124 on: May 05, 2012, 02:45:24 pm »
Rose, the hot wires are sold at most craft stores. I got mine at JoAnn's for about $20
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1125 on: May 06, 2012, 08:28:24 am »

I got my Hot Wire at Michaels but Jo Anns sells them too.  The sell for about $20.  Don't get the wand tho the cuts are really crappy.  Get the one with the really thin wire that is stretched between two points.  The cut is much nicer.

This website sells really nice sets if you make a lot of props check them out.

http://hotwirefoamfactory.com/home.php?cat=

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1126 on: May 06, 2012, 11:46:40 am »
Mrs. Toad is nearing completion!

The dress is done and I have the wig, I also have a big red feather for the wig but I didn't have it yet when I took this picture. Also I bought big aqua platform mary-janes which are in the mail to me right now! So once I get the shoes and make her little crown thing, Mrs. Toad is done!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1127 on: May 06, 2012, 11:56:56 am »
As soon as I get paid I am ordering my Sakura wig and then all I'll have left is the headband.
I'll be ordering Pabu's wig too more than likely ♥

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #1128 on: May 06, 2012, 12:08:34 pm »
I have the wand wire cutter, and I agree. But that's what I use.

I need to start cutting the PVC pipe for my Cheshire outfit....
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1129 on: May 06, 2012, 02:06:11 pm »
List of things I still need for the Aipom Gijinka:
Purple leggings/tights
Purple shoes
Materials for ears and tail
Purple wig
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #1130 on: May 06, 2012, 03:17:05 pm »
@Fleur
Lol I just watched Thumbelina for school the other day. Love that movie <3
Your dress looks amazing and that wig is perfect. How are you going to do your skin? And id love to do your make up if you'd let me. I've been dying to try some "anime" eyes on people.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1131 on: May 06, 2012, 09:25:17 pm »

@Fleur
Thumbelina

I was wondering why this looked familiar...  Sweet!  I should watch that movie again; it's been quite a while.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1132 on: May 06, 2012, 10:33:44 pm »
I've been sewing for the passed two days!

I finished my fur boots and.... OMAGAD!
They are so comfortable! I need to go to the store and buy some stuffing and make a layer of padding, I'm trying to see how it feels with just a pair of flats in them, but it just seems off, its not as comfortable. I need to buy more tie strings because I ended up making a dress for my OC elf, I'll bring that to Con just in case but I have to finish it first. I'll need to pick up more feathers for her boots if I do bring her.
I'll need to order my elf ears later this month or next month. Then Tamaki's wig will be next, then the rest of Ember's stuff.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1133 on: May 06, 2012, 11:37:30 pm »
List of things yet to do:
Alisa (Tekken): Green Contacts.
Asuka (Tekken): Completed
Paine (FFX-II): Completed
Android 18 (DBZ): Completed.
Noodle (Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill): Wig (Shared with Jade), Buy slip and white shorts, Black Fabric paint, and red trim.
Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures): Red Converse (Shared with Sakura), Dye sweater orange, hem up Jeans.
Sakura (Street Fighter): Start construction, find wig.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:42:00 am by CyberIncision »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #1134 on: May 07, 2012, 12:02:21 am »
@Washougal
Its on netflix if you have it ^-^ just search Thumbelina. Its instant so you'd be able to watch it whenever.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1135 on: May 07, 2012, 01:11:14 am »
^ Good to know.  Thanks!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1136 on: May 07, 2012, 01:23:01 pm »
@Fleur
Lol I just watched Thumbelina for school the other day. Love that movie <3
Your dress looks amazing and that wig is perfect. How are you going to do your skin? And id love to do your make up if you'd let me. I've been dying to try some "anime" eyes on people.
I'm actually not planning on painting myself green for several reasons, but mostly because it looks kind of odd when people do body paint for Mrs. Toad because her face is a frog's face, and their faces aren't. It just looks off? Also Fanime is super hot, so I'd have to buy various sealants and such on top of green body paint in order to keep from sweating it off which would be expensive and getting it off is a hassle.
For her makeup I'm doing ridiculous bright blue eyeshadow that covers my entire eyelid all the way to my eyebrows, plus heavy eyeliner and giant eyelashes. And then I have a bright pink lipstick that's matte and stays on well which I'm caking on. Basically something like this but a little cleaner haha. This was a test right after I saw the movie; I have better eyeshadow now.

Also, I got my shoes today in the mail!

I feel so tall in them~
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1137 on: May 07, 2012, 02:00:04 pm »
@Fleur Oh my goodness I love those shoes! Where'd you get em? :O

I'm almost out of school so soon I'm gonna start working on my cosplays. I think I might take Rose off my list and add the TARDIS instead. Also I've added Cardcaptor Sakura (3rd Op) and Madoka/Homura/Mami from Madoka Magica.

Also I have like 3 yards of dark blue satin left over from my TARDIS/prom dress, as well as 4 yards of sparkly chiffon. Anyone have any ideas that I could use it for?
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1138 on: May 07, 2012, 05:40:11 pm »
I get paid tomorrow!
Tomorrow; mom is taking me too goodwill to try and find Fionna's shirt too, and my Sakura wig.
Friday; I order the shirt I found for Korra, it's white but I'm dying it.
Saturday; get the materials for the rest of Korras cosplay and Fionna's skirt.

My next paycheck I'm ordering the skirt for Blue, and getting black fabric and fabric paint for the shirt too.
I'm also ordering her wig, and Fionna's wig. Then sending the rest of my money to my friend Kelsi for my MindFang cosplay

I'm planning on making a modern day dress for the Masquerade, being Korra ♥

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1139 on: May 07, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »
Ordered my Shiro wig a bit ago, and also ordered my secret cosplay's shoes. :3 I might order another, longer, wig for Shiro, and sew the two together, but we'll see how this first one looks. I have Joann's coupons, so I was going to go get muslin for mock ups sometime soon. Also need to order contacts and fabric for Shiro when I have money.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #1140 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:56 pm »
omg that frog.... ugh love

on other notes: why did china have to think i was an amazon..... i have soooo much to fix on serah now.... sigh
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #1141 on: May 08, 2012, 01:33:48 am »

I got my Hot Wire at Michaels but Jo Anns sells them too.  The sell for about $20.  Don't get the wand tho the cuts are really crappy.  Get the one with the really thin wire that is stretched between two points.  The cut is much nicer.

Awesome thank you! One more question, where could I get the nice thick foam stuff? I am out to make a chainsaw weapon.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1142 on: May 08, 2012, 07:32:05 am »

Update:  Holy moly.....If you ever work with polystyrene foam or Styrofoam get a Hot Wire....I freakin love mine.  Did some shaping of my sister Marluxia scythe last night and it works amazingly good.  No blue smurf dust flying around the air, nice clean cuts, and quick!!!
I got my Hot Wire at Michaels but Jo Anns sells them too.  The sell for about $20.  Don't get the wand tho the cuts are really crappy.  Get the one with the really thin wire that is stretched between two points.  The cut is much nicer.

Awesome thank you! One more question, where could I get the nice thick foam stuff? I am out to make a chainsaw weapon.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_14538-46086-126749_0__?productId=3161249&Ntt=polystyrene&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dpolystyrene&facetInfo=

It don't look big in the picture but this stuff is 8feet long and costs $19  Not all lowes caries it so call ahead before you go.
Also if you funds are scarce there is another insulating foam at lowes that has plastic coating on both sides that comes in many different sizes and thickness that is white.  If you peel off the plastic coating that stuff works good too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:35:55 am by Drauska »

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #1143 on: May 08, 2012, 12:54:40 pm »
I have some cosplays to fix up for kumoricon..
and I also purchased a mephisto Pheles wig for future cosplaying > U > ;;;
.. I might wanna do his yukata' version for now and save his outfit for sakuracon.
im struggling in finding a yukata thats affordable and fitting..
so i was thinking on half-assing one and make it .

kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1144 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:04 pm »
Ordering Korras wig today!

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1145 on: May 09, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »
Kinda want to do another cosplay and I know exactly what I want to do >:3
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #1146 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45:24 pm »

Got my Renge Houshakuji wig from ouran in the mail today. I've never felt more like a barbie. I still need to style the wig and get a better bow so goals!

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #1147 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:10 pm »

painted my disciple horns today. trying to decide if i should put a layer of acrylic medium over them or not.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1148 on: May 09, 2012, 11:00:40 pm »

Got my Renge Houshakuji wig from ouran in the mail today. I've never felt more like a barbie. I still need to style the wig and get a better bow so goals!

Gorgeous! Good luck with styling! Definitely was a great match for Renge.

Going to pick up make up and I'm going to look at wigs sometime within the next week or so. Hopefully I find one that is good!
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1149 on: May 10, 2012, 04:03:39 pm »
Finished dying my Fluttershy dress, bought the felt for pikachu, and the spray paint for FS's shoes. Next step; sewing on the ankle straps!