Author Topic: Side Characters Cosplay.....  (Read 2597 times)

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
Side Characters Cosplay.....
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:50:03 am »
It's funny when your cosplayin some one from the same series and they don't recognize you. It's kinda sad in my opinion how can you like a series if you can't recognize the side characters. I have a bad habit cosplayin side characters XD because I cosplay characters who are similar to my personality.  It has happen to me once in sakura con cosplayin yusuke from clannad. Has anyone had the same experience ?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Side Characters Cosplay.....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:26:23 pm »
I tend to cosplay side characters, but they are mostly from Final Fantasy, so they are still very recognizable. I just love representing the underrepresented/under-cosplayed characters. Fortunately though, for Final Fantasy, even the side characters are still loved and highly recognizable.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »
When Axis Powers Hetalia first came out years ago and the characters weren't as well-known as they are today, I cosplayed Hong Kong.

Exactly one person recognized me at the con (who I didn't already know) without me having to tell them who I was.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »
I like cosplaying side characters the most because they are usually the ones that either match my personality and fashion sense. Also, they sometimes tend to be the awesome badass looking ones too! Like Fujin from FFVIII, which I am going to be excited to bring her cosplay out more since she's not too commonly cosplayed.  :D Side characters can give more advantages in my opinion and less likely (depending on series) to see the person cosplaying the same as you.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »
I know what you mean, when my I we first made my hubbys Urahara costume 4 years ago or so, it was not to brag*, but like the best one, at the time

*He made really nice geta, made his own hat that looked awesome compared to the urahara hats viz put out, I made his outfit out of Egyptian cotton that matched the colors exactly when other peeps where using hospital scrub looking stuff, and hubby is naturally tall and skinny and blond*

and I went as ururu girls who sweeps infront of urahara's shop.
  Peeps would yell "URAHARA!" and even tho we were dressed from the same show, I don't think anyone knew my characters name, which is kinda sad.
But yeah then the "excuse me while I get a shot of him"
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 05:37:15 pm »
It's funny when your cosplayin some one from the same series and they don't recognize you. It's kinda sad in my opinion how can you like a series if you can't recognize the side characters. I have a bad habit cosplayin side characters XD because I cosplay characters who are similar to my personality.  It has happen to me once in sakura con cosplayin yusuke from clannad. Has anyone had the same experience ?

Who did you cosplay as this year @ Kumoricon? :S

And I know the feeling, I try to cosplay as characters who have a similar face/body type as mine, and a lot of times they end up being side characters :O
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:38:16 pm by Spontaneous »
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:06 pm »
That is part of the reason group style anime tends to be successful in cosplay I believe... Take Naruto for example: You will probably come across 100 Narutos and Sauskes but there will still be a fair amount of the supporting cast that people can relate to.

Cosplaying supporting characters is awesome, especially for group photos where your outfit completes the group in one way/shape/form. It is too bad many of them don't get the attention they deserve though.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline govi

• Sailor Scout
    • Overwrought Designs
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »
I quite agree.  I enjoy cosplaying the side characters more--they're often more interesting to me, and might even have a body type that more closely matches mine, so it's an easier fit.  :D
Kumoricon 2011: Young Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »
I absolutely love side characters more then main characters for some reason and I tend to cosplay some of them.
Makes me really happen when someone recognizes the character though because side characters defiantly need love too.
What I find more weird is when you're cosplaying one main character (not the like main main) but someone who's equally as important
as the main main but people recognize the other character more. Either way you feel excluded and it's not a cool feeling either way.
Idk. I'm just like ranting, but I totally understand the feeling man.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 09:49:14 pm »
Side characters re the funniest in my opinion. for Kumoricon 2012 I bet more people will think I'm cosplaying Inspector Gadget instead of Inspector Zenigata XD.

I rather see more side characters. . . The need more love
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:22 pm »
It's funny when your cosplayin some one from the same series and they don't recognize you. It's kinda sad in my opinion how can you like a series if you can't recognize the side characters. I have a bad habit cosplayin side characters XD because I cosplay characters who are similar to my personality.  It has happen to me once in sakura con cosplayin yusuke from clannad. Has anyone had the same experience ?

Who did you cosplay as this year @ Kumoricon? :S

And I know the feeling, I try to cosplay as characters who have a similar face/body type as mine, and a lot of times they end up being side characters :O

I was Hisagi From Bleach

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 09:51:22 pm »
I know what you mean, when my I we first made my hubbys Urahara costume 4 years ago or so, it was not to brag*, but like the best one, at the time

*He made really nice geta, made his own hat that looked awesome compared to the urahara hats viz put out, I made his outfit out of Egyptian cotton that matched the colors exactly when other peeps where using hospital scrub looking stuff, and hubby is naturally tall and skinny and blond*

and I went as ururu girls who sweeps infront of urahara's shop.
  Peeps would yell "URAHARA!" and even tho we were dressed from the same show, I don't think anyone knew my characters name, which is kinda sad.
But yeah then the "excuse me while I get a shot of him"

Yea I know what you mean, I was at a photoshoot with the clannad characters and no one recognized me.....

I dont mind people not recognizing me, as long as the same people cosplayin the anime does recognize me is good enough
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:54:33 pm by TheDevilsNightmare »

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 07:10:27 pm »
When I was walking around with my friend, people would be like "Look! There's Pikachu!..............and Raichu!" XD
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:11:05 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »
I so wanted a picture of the two, but you always seemed like you were going somewhere or I was going somewhere. Good job though =P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 04:55:40 pm »
Thanks! ^^ We were usually just dinking around or resting from wearing high heels XD the only time we were rushing to do something was if we saw a cosplay we just HAD to take a picture of.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:56:41 pm by Tanuki19 »