0 (0%)
Day 2 Sunday
3 (60%)
Day 3 Monday
2 (40%)
Two Photoshoots?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Ouran High School Host Club 2012 Cosplay  (Read 53504 times)

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
Re: Ouran High School Host Club 2012 Cosplay
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2012, 01:31:11 pm »
If you have pictures of the wigs I could suggest.

Well spiffy whats the biggest amount your willing to pay for it? I could help look then post them here.

I don't get payed till the first of next month xp but I'm uber super happy right now XD *flails* anyone here know about the manga/anime Gravitation?

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2012, 01:49:41 pm »
A little, I've heard of it.... Was that the thing you won the bid on?

And she doesn't want to go over 150$ for anything. That is an easy thing. I already have some places I'm looking at.

This one only has jacket and tie:
http://www.cosplayfu.com/product/Ouran+Jacket+and+Tie+from+Ouran+High+School+Host+Club

But I like the coloring on it. Some other ones I was looking at were too light. If you can find one that has the same or darker coloring, that'd be good.

This one has the whole thing:
http://www.cosplayfu.com/product/Ouran+High+School+Boy+Uniform+from+Ouran+High+School+Host+Club

Here is the wig we are ordering for both:
http://shop.cosplay.com/scruffy.html

Also what color for Tamaki? The color chart is below.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:52:55 pm by Kumi4eva »
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2012, 02:07:14 pm »
ah. yeah those arn't to hard to find.

As for the wigs. You can find far better wigs on ebay O-o for cheaper too. I personally bought my Haruhi wig from here http://amphigory.com/wigs_fy_twiggy.html I cant remember what color i got though since i bought it back in '09.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tamaki+wig&_nkwusc=tamamki+wig&_rdc=1 <---- Tamaki wigs, searching for just plain Blonde wigs works just as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Haruhi+ouran+wigs&_sacat=0&_odkw=Haruhi+wigs&_osacat=0&_from=R40 <----Haruhi Wigs, Again just searching for brunette wigs works as well.

But you got to make sure you can trust them. Check their feedbacks and try to find feedbacks for that specific wig if possible, don't buy from someone who doesn't look like they haven't sold anything like that before. Most my wigs come from ebay because its cheaper and still good quality. but occasionally your orders can get mixed up so you do have to be careful. ^^ just a little tip

But if you really want to go with those wigs i'd say the butterscoch blonde would work best for Tamaki

and yes Gravitation was the thing I won the bid on ^^ *dances*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:12:05 pm by Tranny »

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »
The main thing was heat resistance, and also, the fact that because my hair is dark and my head is big, I need a thicker wig and a wig cap.

Thanks for the links, if I can, I'll try the ebay ones. The reason why I wanted cosworx was because I do the orders through my mom, and if I do ebay, I'd have to go through my aunt.
Not that I don't trust my aunt, but she can be very persistent when it comes to money and things.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2012, 02:42:29 pm »
ah gotcha well do what you prefer i just wanted to lend a friendly hand. ^^ speaking of which my neptune wig I ordered from ebay should be coming in next week! *excitement*

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2012, 04:42:44 pm »
ah gotcha well do what you prefer i just wanted to lend a friendly hand. ^^ speaking of which my neptune wig I ordered from ebay should be coming in next week! *excitement*
It was much appreciated!
And yay! Even if it isn't Ouran, can you let me know when you've posted pictures?
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »
Sure. ^^

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2012, 09:01:15 pm »
Yaaaay!

I'm thinking for our ouran costumes, we're just going to get the suits and ties, that way we can get our own shirts and pants we like that'll fit good
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2012, 08:09:55 am »
Yeah that's always the easiest thing to do. Goodwill!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2012, 09:47:19 pm »
Or in my case, expensive clothing stores.... Being tall and having a big ass = VERY BAD TIMES. Most of the time the pants are too short...
Or the fabric is itchy....
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2012, 07:48:59 am »
ah sad day

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2012, 07:38:06 pm »
I got my paycheck, sad news is, I no longer have a job. Apparently it "wasn't working out" so, now I'm on the hunt for a new one. I got more money than I thought I would, so I'm happy about that. I'm just gonna get back out there starting tonight and put applications in.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2012, 08:51:02 pm »
We are getting pushed to the bottom of the page  :'(

Tomorrow, cashing in one of the checks and then ordering the first wig, Tamaki. Hopefully I'll get into this next job, my dad knows the manager so I hope it'll get me in.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2012, 09:00:15 pm »
Sad day, I can't cosplay as Honey for Kumoricon. Issue is that the costume is so expensive and I have little money left to get it. I'm a terrible person for having to cancel on you guys now.
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2012, 09:14:16 pm »
Its okay, if you ever can change it to where you are able to, let me know.

But I understand, when I was at my first con, I raised enough money for one costume but then I couldn't get my second one. Its saddening but, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06:14 am »
Sad day! yeah making sure you have enough money for things is hard. Always got to plan ahead by making a list of what your ganna get and how much its ganna cost. Good luck Kumi!

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2012, 06:12:25 pm »
I still want to go but unless I can get the money it won't be happening. I'll keep saving up for it and see how much I can get.
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:43 pm »
If I manage to get extra money, I'll help you out.
Depending on how it looks for the banquet, when it gets close to con I'll see what my budget looks like.

Thanks for the support, Tranny!  :'( I'll need it....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:32:12 pm by Kumi4eva »
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2012, 09:17:22 pm »
We are being pushed to the bottom of the page again. Don't want that to happen like last time.

Someone mentioned in the wig help thread about wigs for people with bigger heads. Of course that has been a big problem of mine, but I also found a tutorial on how to keep your wig from sliding forward. It was very interesting, though their wigs are a bit more expensive, they are still cheaper than cosworx and have all the same qualities. But I know for sure that they would fit my head.

I've been watching black butler lately and I am really getting into it, though I think is is mostly feeding my british accent obsession....
http://www.arda-wigs.com/styles.html
I don't know what wig to choose though, I'm thinking either magnum or derek.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2012, 08:11:09 am »
I personally like the derek wig best. ^^ as for my renge wig i'll most likely be purchasing it next paycheck. still looking for a second job tho. -__- such a hassle

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »
Ugh I knoooooooow, I might just go to a salon and see if they need any helpers to sweep, wash hair, and call people.
I'd be good at that.

Alright, the Derek wig will be on my list. A month before con I will order my costume and wig.
I went to joanns and picked up things for other cosplays so now I just have to wait for my sewing machine.
I'll be making shoes first!

If I get used to the sewing machine then I'll just buy a blue jacket and sew the patch for Ouran myself then order the tie separately.
But now we have to look for dresses, which is officially a step back. Spiffy and I were invited to someone's prom so if they get the permission forms filled, we'd have to buy tickets and outfits....
Le sigh~
I heard the new to you in Mac is hiring so I'll check there... Also I heard Roth's and Ross is hiring.
I need to print out new resumes soon, we got toner for our printer so I'll do that soon.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2012, 08:26:25 am »
If you buy the costume i would suggest order it a good 2-3 months ahead of con because they are most likely coming from china and sometimes they have shipping issues. Plus if you get it early you can make sure it fits and such.

If you sew it most the Ouran patches are Iron ons so you wouldn't have to worry about sewing it in. And the tie you could easily go out buy a black tye then just get some double stick tape and tape ribbon onto it. You can't wash it but it works just as well.

*glares up at picture* That's when I first did mine back in 2009, the buttons didn't match it was hand made i didn't like the color in the end ect. But for my very first cosplay it wasn't bad ^^; Unfortunately i lost quite a bit of weight since then and it no longer fits XD
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:29:08 am by Tranny »

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2012, 09:32:49 am »
It looks really good!
I'll have to find one that is iron on, and there'll be no problem with the tie. Just have to not make a mess on it.

Last time I ordered my outfit two months before con and it came out waaaaaaaaay way too big but I wore it anyway because we didn't have the time to ship it back because of my moms work.
This year I'm hoping that it won't come to that again.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2012, 10:41:56 am »
Yeah well you can always do quick little things to fix those issues, like hand sew it or safety pin it. but in the future I deffinatly plan on buying a new one.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2012, 08:04:16 am »
Double post? *slaps hand* Bad Tranny. Just ordered my Renge wig last night so should be here in the next couple weeks.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2012, 12:26:50 pm »
Haha, yay! I'll order mine soon, once I finally get to work on some of the costumes.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2012, 12:33:29 pm »
Yeah i've got everything done for my cosplays...except the actual cosplays themselves XD

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2012, 01:06:08 pm »
Haha! I still have to buy the rest of the fabric for my cosplays. I'm surprised that I have more than enough for both of my for sure ones. All extra money can go to Hotel and badge funding. I'm sharing a room with two friends so the cost will be cut more.
I'll have to do some odd jobs for now until I find work. Next week, once I'm feeling better, I'll go around town with resumes and pick up applications.

I just called my grandma and I'll be cleaning house for her every tuesday or wednesday. Apparently she is also needing to give me 25$ from last time, so that is really helping me out.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2012, 01:36:08 pm »
Thats great!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2012, 05:24:52 pm »
I just noticed, they just charge 10 dollars for a pair of pants on CosplayFu.com....
If I buy everything needed thus far, I will have 28 dollars left (Not counting 20$ to keep account open) for whatever I need this month.
I'll need at least 40 by the time of con for hotel and just a bit more for extras and all the panel stuff.
(Hopefully the panel pays for itself with the ticketing... But I won't depend on that, since its up to con staff what they want to do with the money.)
I have just enough room if I go a little over, thank the high ones. But I'm cutting very close so I'm glad I called my grandmother.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2012, 07:52:24 am »
Yeah its always best to save up some extra money for cons because of food and souvenirs.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »
Double post sorry, But it's been awhile since anyone's posted xp. So Renge wigs in California and should be here some time this week. I'm kinda hoping my intern job hires me full time soon. they said after 3 or so months on stipend they were ganna do so. but its only been 2 months so I'm being patient but it would sure help with getting all the fabric I need ^^;

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2012, 04:30:21 pm »
I started working for my grandmother today, I also got my mom to agree, if I cleaned the house and did the yard I would get 20$ a month.

Unfortunately my dog ate my sewing pin container today and she was playing with a kitchen knife while I was gone. She gets bored and sad when I leave her since my brother abandoned her, so I learn my lesson, don't leave her alone with sharp objects.

I'll be ordering my stuff in July, I'll try and con my mom into buying my wig for my birthday, that'll bring some of the costs down by a whole lot.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2012, 06:39:48 pm »
ah parents the go to when you cant XD i'm doing the same with my mom right now but its not cospplay XD. And thats good your making some more money. ^^

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2012, 07:22:17 pm »
It took a couple minutes for my mom to contemplate even saying maybe, but I've been asking for months and she always says no. I'm hoping to get a real job here soon, tomorrow while I'm going dress shopping with my mom and a friend I'm going to also grab a few applications and drop off resumes.

I wish you luck on getting full time! I found out that they fired me at my old job because they had just hired a manager and needed the money to go towards him. But its no big deal, I'm still right on track where I need to be.
But at the same time, Spiffygirl is having some problems. She hasn't found a job yet and she'll be needing money for her costume soon. I think I'm going to have her and I apply for the job helpers thing. If I can get some information for it... TO GOOGLE! :D
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2012, 08:29:57 pm »
yeah parents can be just as stubburn as us kids nowadays XD if not more.  and that's a good plans yeah without money kinda hard to buy stuff XD

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2012, 08:47:10 pm »
Very hard, they always complain about how expensive I am, no argument from me, I like nice things!  :)

I'm still contemplating making my ouran costume... Do you think it'd be a good idea or as a first time costume maker, I should wait?
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2012, 07:50:50 am »
Do you have anyone in your family that sews? If so id suggest asking them to help you Sewing a costume for the first time can be hard by yourself. I had my gramma help me so my ouran jacket back in '09. But it didn't seem to hard so either way could prove fatal or good. Buying while the quality will be good, your paying a lot and the size might not be perfect, sewing still quite a bit of money but size should fit better and you can pick out the fabric you want, but sewing takes time and patience. 

And ya know Cosplays gatta be one of the most expensive hobbies in the world.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2012, 10:52:22 pm »
I'm on the fence about it, I've taken a few sewing classes, so I have some knowledge, but not enough for the more complicated things.

I ask my mom's opinion since she knows a little more than me, but she wouldn't help. My grandmother is in between homes right now so she is a maybe. Other than that, I'm on my own with most of this. I'm a pretty fast learner so I'm getting it down as well as I can but anybody else that could help, won't and are in-laws of my aunt or her friends.

Cosplay is definitely one of the most expensive hobbies in the world. But its enjoyable. I got 10$ today, so I'll keep that in the piggy bank until I get paid more on the 1st and third of next month. I'm probably going to take a trip towards Sherwood sometime because my mom wants to see this store that sells all natural make-up, is there any wig shops you recommend around that area? I see a few on google maps but I don't know if any of them are good or not.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2012, 12:02:08 pm »
Well as they used to say, practice makes perfect so I think just maybe practice with little pieces of cloth first then try the whole thing. Yeah I think i've probabl;y spent about a good $300 on my cosplays over the past 3 years. but its one of the funnest hobbies i think there is so its worth it. ^^ and Yay money!!~

As for the wig shops...i really wouldn't know i buy all my wigs online. sorry. ^^;

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:07 pm »
Nah, its fine. I mostly buy... well, everything online, so its no big.

I've spent about the same for only two of my passed costumes, but counting this year so far, I definitely have spent 300 in total. I'm not even done buying everything.

Cosplay is definitely one of the more fun hobbies, there's so many interesting people you meet and so many people like it, its just an overall popular hobby.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
Thank you!
Looks interesting!
The ball would be in the evening, right? If it isn't the same time as the Tea Party I'll see about joining in, but it would also depend on what day.
I don't know a single thing about dancing but I've been wanting to learn so I will definitely talk to my mom about it.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2012, 07:39:13 am »
I can teach you the waltz before the dance if you like, my friends taught me.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2012, 11:30:54 am »
That'd be great, message me whenever you're available. I'm the worst dance partner but it'd be great to learn from someone I know.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2012, 10:21:24 pm »
I almost lost where we were at! We almost moved to the next page again!
Next week I will be dropping off applications, already filled them out just need to date them and turn them in. I will also be taking resumes to stores around town. I really need to order some stuff this month, whether it be our badges or reserving hotel room, it has to get out of the way soon.
I need to get back to building my muscles again, I was starting to get an ab line, but since having pizza last week, its gone... Atleast I haven't gained.
Allergies are stopping me from really doing anything and its making me sad.

So!
Time to stop procrastinating.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »
I am starting to get the stuff for my Haruhi junior high school outfit.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2012, 11:08:49 am »
Woah been awhile since anyone's posted here, So i'm ganna become a full time employee here starting in a week which means I'll have plenty of money to get the stuff i need, so far all I have for Haruhi and Renge are the wigs, tho Renge's bangs need to be styled, and the shoes which need to have some alterations. But I'm assuming my dads getting me a sewing machine for my Birthday in 2 weeks, just hope i can sew the dress all on my own. I bought a pattern and it's pretty similar to their uniforms took me for ever to find tho -__- but this way it won't just be some hand stitched crap. http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m4948-products-5176.php?page_id=494 Bought that one <----- the skirt will just need to be shortened to the knees. I had bought some white opaque tights but they ended up being to small even though the seller said they would fit. >.< so hopefully i can just find some at Walmart that will work. So all that's really left in summary is

• Alter shoes
• Style Renge Wig
• Get Fabric and ribbon
• Sew dress
• Find White tights or leggings.

^^

Oh have we heard if the panel got accepted yet or not?

[EDIT]
By the way how did the job applications go? get any hits?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:11:08 am by Tranny »

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2012, 09:50:37 pm »
Sorry for now reply, no job yet, in fact thanks to debt collectors through my parents' account, my money was taken.

So, slowly getting back my 240$.

I need to order my costume next month, now everything is going to have to rush.
Ordered badges though, so I've got that.
No word on the panel.
Taking more applications in on monday to 4 different places.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline 9LRCenturion

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2012, 12:25:26 am »