Author Topic: moving  (Read 1816 times)

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
moving
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:01:37 pm »
hay i want to move to vancouver next college quarter those anyone know of any good cheap apt
i can stay at

heres my price range $0-$500.00 a month

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Re: moving
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »
Word of advice, cuz i went through this when i moved up here,  look for roomate ads and studios. My studio is only 460 a month, and is right behind the college.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »
Mmm. yes, better to have a roommate to lower the cost if at all possible. The apartment I just moved out of (to move to oklahoma, OTL) was 575 per month for a one bedroom with a tiny bathroom and not much space (trying to fit seven people in it for con this year was a trial and a half), in a semi-decent part of town. Now it's verging on 700$/month and nothing has really changed or gotten better about it to justify the raised price....just that the economy has gotten worse, so price of living is higher.  A studio would probably be cheaper, as TalaRedWolf33 said.

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 03:54:18 am »
Agreed, cost wise you're probably best looking at getting a room mate, but there are other things to consider when looking at that such as drug usage. It took less than 6 months before my room mate started doing marijuana and meth and I hear this is a common occurrence in Oregon/Washington so hopefully you can know somebody beforehand if you choose to do a roommate situation. Otherwise, a studio apartment is probably your best bet since rent is so high.

Sorry I do not have an area for you to look for though. I ended up living in fairview, OR during most of my college days. Ended up stuck with $620/month that eventually went up to $700/month rent for a single bedroom because I had to move in the same apartment complex due to that room mate and did not want to chance it happening again with another roommate since the complex managment looked at me suspiciously as well. Certainly would have been easier on expenses if I had a roommate though...
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:58:33 am »
I think, if youre looking into clark college like me, your best bet will be craigslist. Or on campus.  Ive heard that clark has on campus housing by the VA Medical center, but students on financial aid are not allowed to live there. Also, try the room mates wanted page on craigslist and see if you can find someone looking for a room mate. Elderly people that live alone or older people going to college usually want room mates.