Author Topic: Females wanted: (and males too) Team Fortress 2 Photoshoot Kcon2012  (Read 32430 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Re: Females wanted: (and males too) Team Fortress 2 Photoshoot Kcon2012
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2012, 11:59:42 am »
I decided to dye mine black again, cuz it looks better with tye shad of blue that my cosplay is.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:08 am »
Ooooooooooh! I love that you have an orange wig. It looks amazing with the blue shirt.
Thank you! I originally had my hair dyed red, and I liked the contrast it had with the blue, so I found this wig for super cheap and had to get it!

Fleur-fraise:  Love the cosplay.  I'm gonna be a red Engineer and I have to ask where did you get the hard hat.  I'm finding it difficult to find one that is not a real hard hat and heavy as all get out.  I have a hard hat that I can paint yellow but I think it would be uncomfortable to wear all day.   All the toy hats I see look like they would not fit my head.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2012, 01:26:12 pm »
Ooooooooooh! I love that you have an orange wig. It looks amazing with the blue shirt.
Thank you! I originally had my hair dyed red, and I liked the contrast it had with the blue, so I found this wig for super cheap and had to get it!

Fleur-fraise:  Love the cosplay.  I'm gonna be a red Engineer and I have to ask where did you get the hard hat.  I'm finding it difficult to find one that is not a real hard hat and heavy as all get out.  I have a hard hat that I can paint yellow but I think it would be uncomfortable to wear all day.   All the toy hats I see look like they would not fit my head.
I actually just bought it at Home Depot a few years ago, it comes with a thing to make it more secure on your head, but I just took it out since I'm not actually using it for safety.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline kayrarara

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2012, 01:16:42 pm »
Is there room for another red engineer?

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2012, 11:09:59 am »
Is there room for another red engineer?

of course there is room for more.  will put you down.

Started working on my Engineers Wrench.  Decided to go big.  This bad boy is 4 feet tall.  Started the resin last night.  Should be done by the end of the week.  Went to goodwill last night and got lucky.  Found some new work gloves, knee pads, a light weight hard hat, and electrical cord.  Gonna make the tool pouch to attach to my belt.  Just need a red shirt.  cheers!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:14:36 am by Drauska »

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2012, 12:24:55 am »
I am still planning on doing Fem Scout, I recently got a skirt I think will be good.  I'm still a little unsure on what type of shirt I want to do though... Also I need to start working out again, so I look a little better. :P

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2012, 11:00:50 am »
I'm excited to hear that folks are still planning on doing TF2 characters .  We even have a guy here and there.  This should be fun.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:01:43 am by Drauska »

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:30 am »
re-made my medic coat/dress : 3 hopefully I'll have some pictures to should you guys soon <3 I also made some stockings to go with it~
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline kayrarara

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2012, 12:32:23 pm »
I'm working on a dispenser backpack right now. I'll have pictures when it's finished!

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »
I'll be able to be FEM! Red Scout for the second half of Day 1 but it depends. What time will the photoshoot be?
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2012, 01:37:01 am »
Got my red boxing gloves for my heavy! Now just need to apply flames and make the bandolier! Tempted to just make some sandvichs and carry them in a sandvich container to enjoy through the day!  :D
Secrety secrets!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2012, 09:48:43 am »
I'm thinking of pushing the photoshoot back to the afternoon.  There was some concern about it being early.  We shall play by ear and fine tune it after the schedule is published.  Nice to hear so many folks are still on board.  

Painted my tool box but decided that it needs another coat.  Gonna paint my red hard hat yellow tonight.  finish up my huge wrench this weekend come hell or high water it's gonna get done.  I would like to have at least one cosplay complete this weekend.  My desert punk is gonna take a while to finish.

Got my tool box almost done.  Just needs a bit of touch-up paint
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:07:18 am by Drauska »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2012, 04:58:00 pm »
Welcome aboard CaptnPoptart as a positive scout and not a maybe.  ;D

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2012, 05:18:23 pm »
^ Thank you very much! I'm SUPER excited already! c:
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2012, 08:15:31 am »
ok Ladies and Gentlemen.  The time is getting near for the con.  Can I get an amen!!

So once that schedule comes out I will fine tune the photoshoot time and place.  Also when the schedule comes out let me know if there are event that you simply can't miss.  Will try to work around that.  I'm hoping to do this on Day 1 some time.  Thanks all for getting in on this.  Can't wait to see everyone.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:57 am »
Urgh got the bullet shape and size figured out just need to figure out what to use for the outer shell that I can paint. Maybe epoxy... Any of you ladies got any tips? Its the first time I have done any crafting like this I usually only have to sew for my costumes.
Secrety secrets!

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2012, 12:54:52 pm »
So I finished my bat the other day (or, at least 99% of it. I may want to do a wrapping for the handle) And I'm still frustrated on creating my earpiece. The paper mache I made was good, but I may need to do a new one all over so it looks nicer o_O (might use cardboard this time instead of a half of a can... Goodness...)

Otherwise, I'm close to completion. Just need to do more shopping, then finish the earpiece (which is going to be a pain in my butt D: )
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:47 pm »
So I finished my bat the other day (or, at least 99% of it. I may want to do a wrapping for the handle) And I'm still frustrated on creating my earpiece. The paper mache I made was good, but I may need to do a new one all over so it looks nicer o_O (might use cardboard this time instead of a half of a can... Goodness...)

Otherwise, I'm close to completion. Just need to do more shopping, then finish the earpiece (which is going to be a pain in my butt D: )
I had to make one for my brothers Scout cosplay and we found a super old pair of headphones and just tore them up a bit and used the scraps to make the mic part of it .n. so if you need any help just hit me up man xD

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10:36 am »

I had to make one for my brothers Scout cosplay and we found a super old pair of headphones and just tore them up a bit and used the scraps to make the mic part of it .n. so if you need any help just hit me up man xD
Wow thank you so much! That actually helps a lot >.< I hope i could find my brother's old pair of headphones xD
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2012, 11:52:30 pm »
your very welcome x3
oh~ to make the arm peice for the mic I tore off an arm from an old pair of sunglasses and then just attached the foam and stuff to the curved end
OTL thats the part that took me awhile to figure out.
Good luck~

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2012, 07:49:21 pm »
Found my Heavy bullets at Staples! :XD Thank goodness for packing tubes! Plus each Bullet is now a nifty container!  :D
Secrety secrets!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »
That's awesome! Lol you should put candy in them!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2012, 09:47:48 am »
Right now I putting in all the small details to my Fem Engineer.  I got the patches on my shirt yesterday, and attached the patches to the shirt.  The large wrench is getting more resin before I paint it.  I started working on the tool pouches that he wears on this belt.  Should be done this next week.  I'm getting excited.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2012, 04:41:23 pm »
As far as it goes for my earpiece, I'm looking for my brother's old headphones I could use OR I'll find a pair of ones that don't work on Craigslist or something. If I can't get a pair of headphones to work with, I'm still working on a spare paper mache earpiece, just in case. By the time I finish my earpiece, I will be successfully done with my whole cosplay! c:
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2012, 11:06:03 pm »
That's awesome! Lol you should put candy in them!
There will be 24 of them so I will have lots of random space for stuff!  ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2012, 12:30:59 am »
I still need to add my medic patches to my dress and fix my medipack and gun up a bit then i'll be done >3

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:27 am »
Right now I putting in all the small details to my Fem Engineer.  I got the patches on my shirt yesterday, and attached the patches to the shirt.  The large wrench is getting more resin before I paint it.  I started working on the tool pouches that he wears on this belt.  Should be done this next week.  I'm getting excited.

Almost picture ready.  Just a bit more.

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2012, 10:52:39 am »
So the only thing I need to change about my cosplay is the jacket and maybe the socks/tights. Other than than I think I'll be done!
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:
Smoky Quartz (Steven Universe)
Punk girl Roxy (Homestuck)

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »
About 99% done with my bag!!! Just need to glue/sew on the straps (I sewed one end on, but now I'm going to hot glue it so it's more secure on my back.)
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2012, 03:07:30 pm »
Awesome...Engineer is really close to being done...will have pics this weekend.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2012, 10:42:44 pm »
Hmmm now realizing that I should have used a fabric with little to no give for the bandolier base, but its working out nicely anyways!  ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2012, 10:52:23 am »
Do we have any pics of finished cosplays?  My engineer will be done this weekend.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2012, 04:12:24 pm »
Ima have my mama take some pics for me as soon as my gun and vest is done. But I may post them only on the fbook page. Photo hosting sites dun work on my phone.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2012, 07:23:23 pm »
I finally found some perfect headphones for my earpiece! I've painted two coats on it already. I just need to paint a couple more coats, then glue on my mic. Pictures WILL be posted either this weekend or early next week.
Good News and Bad News.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2012, 10:38:12 am »
Do we know exactly what time the photoshoot's going to be yet? Just wondering c:
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2012, 10:05:21 am »
So I found out when my panel will most likely be.  It's on Day 1 at noon so I will probably not be ready for our photoshoot till after 2ish.  I think that after the official schedule comes out we will narrow down when the shoot will be and where we want to meet at.  I was thinking under the train tracks or find an industrial looking place in the area.  i remember last year there was a lot of construction going on in the area.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2012, 12:52:00 pm »

Its not the best picture but heres some progress on my medic : 3 I need to add my patches and figure out what to do with the hair exactly n.n;

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »
Its not the best picture but heres some progress on my medic : 3 I need to add my patches and figure out what to do with the hair exactly n.n;
That's freaking amazing >.< I want to cosplay as the Medic for K-con next year so I'm freaking impressed by this c:
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2012, 06:03:33 pm »
Thank you so much x333 if you ever want help I made notes for if I ever needed to remake this one.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2012, 09:50:18 pm »
I wonder, how did you do the coat/dress? I'm trying to find patterns for a coat but can't seem to find one o-o
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2012, 01:20:08 am »
I used the Vogue v8785 dress pattern and altered the bottom a bit but shrinking at the waistline and adding lots of length n.n

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2012, 10:25:45 am »
looking good Medic....My Engineer will be done tonight...Woot!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2012, 10:30:52 am »
OK everyone I hope you are all well...

there is a Non-Anime, OC's, and other oddball cosplays: Clock tower, 3:00 P.M on Day 1

I was thinking we can meet up for that photoshoot and then try to get some pics of just us TF2 cosplayers.  how does that sound to everyone?  Let me know.  I might be bugging everyone with reminders cause it would be soooo cool to pull this photoshoot off.  See you all there.  I'm so stoked for con!!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2012, 07:07:06 am »
Ok everyone, how is coming along.  I can't wait to see everyone!!!

Offline kayrarara

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2012, 11:11:03 pm »
I've been slacking on my wrench and dispenser backpack... :(

What is the best way to make a wrench? It's had me stumped for a couple weeks.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2012, 08:24:06 am »
I got my Fem Engineer done...here are some of my props.  sorry about the huge pictures.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2012, 08:26:04 am »
I've been slacking on my wrench and dispenser backpack... :(

What is the best way to make a wrench? It's had me stumped for a couple weeks.

I made mine out of insulation foam, resin, and krylon paint.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »
omg that all looks amazing ;o; I cant wait to see it in person!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2012, 07:57:37 am »
omg that all looks amazing ;o; I cant wait to see it in person!

Thanks

Can't wait to see everyone...Day 1 at 3pm by the clock tower is the photoshoot.