Author Topic: Cosplay/Crossplay ideas...  (Read 1871 times)

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Cosplay/Crossplay ideas...
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:16:40 pm »
Alright, while it still feels odd, I am very tempted to crossplay for Kumoricon 2012. I just dont know of any male characters that interest me enough to cosplay as. Plus, most male characters have an outfit that I could wear in every day life anyways. So its not really cosplaying in some regards. lol

Anyways, I have been teasing my friends about maybe crossplaying as Fortune Lady Wind or Fire from Yugioh 5D's.

Naturally I would go with American censored version, but even doing that, is this stretching it too far? Err, am I pushing my luck too much?

Aside from my thighs, I am average or so in physical build. Not fat or anything so that helps.

After thinking about things a bit more, it would be fun to cosplay as Dark Signer Carley too.
What can I say? Most male characters are boring. lol

So what do you guys think? Is crossplaying as either of those 3 do-able? Can it be done without it looking super obvious or ugly?

Thanks.
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline fluffpuffgerbil

• Sailor Scout
Re: Cosplay/Crossplay ideas...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:44:53 pm »
I'd say go for it, regardless of what you look like. If you want to crossplay, or cosplay as a male character(or female, if you're a dude) then go for it!

I must say, I'm a female, but I only and I mean only cosplay as males, simply because I think all female characters are boring. XD I've only found one I may want to cosplay because she's loud, obnoxious and awesome. XD
I don't know what animes you watch or like, but the ones I watch and like, not really any of the male characters are boring and I have at least...*thinks and counts to self* Ronald Knox(Kid in my avatar), Claude Faustus(maybe), Ciel Phantomhive(hopefully)America(low on list) four? males I'd like to cosplay. One for sure(Ronald) and different outfits for a couple of those characters.

So not all male characters are boring. In my opinion, none of the guys listed above are.

but regardless of gender, cosplay who you'd like. X)

But one piece of advice...
If crossplaying FtM, I'd highly recommend a chest binder, specifically the Tri-Top from Underworks. :3
There are other ones than that, and that can be covered in a different topic. That's just my favourite, cheap(about $30 +/-) and safe binding method.
Okay, that's all!  Hope I could help at least a little bit.
No plans for 2013 due to always changing plans. ><

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:17:09 am »
Thanks for the reply.

Well, I guess its all relative in the end. lol
Males dislike male characters, while females dislike female characters. Something like that I guess. lol

But yeah, I myself am a male, so if I were to do any of those ideas in my original post, It would be MtF. :)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 12:27:46 am »
I think you could do any of the Fortune Ladies. You'd just have to be careful b/c of the bathing suit style. Make sure to do something about your baggage...
But I'd say just go for it! I think it'd be really cool!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline fluffpuffgerbil

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:15 am »
XD Ahh, I see, I didn't know you were male.
Either way, you should still crossplay if you want to. :3 It really is all up to you
No plans for 2013 due to always changing plans. ><

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »
I think you could do any of the Fortune Ladies. You'd just have to be careful b/c of the bathing suit style. Make sure to do something about your baggage...
But I'd say just go for it! I think it'd be really cool!

Yeah, no kidding. lol
I suppose it would be OK to add a little extra coverage in the front "area" as it were.

Honestly speaking though, which do you think is the better choice; Fortune Lady Wind, or Fire?
Beyond that, any suggestions for going about this cosplay?

What kind of clothing items should i look for at GoodWill and other places?