Author Topic: Hairnets?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
Hairnets?
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »
Let's hope I didn't put this in the wrong place ^^

SO. Everyone with long hair knows the trouble with hairnets and wigs. They are difficult and mean D: I had trouble with them slipping off, breaking, etc. SO. HERE IS THE QUESTION GET READY. Where does everyone buy their hairnets? Do you use a certain brand? Do they smell good? Do they stay together?

I live in Vancouver, so I would prefer to have someplace nearby that has your suggested hairnet. Portland is good too ^^

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: Hairnets?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 11:31:44 pm »
That is a good question I have short hair so the wig caps are easy to put on I say pin up you hair then go to Sally's or any place and get the fish net caps the slip over the head and you bring it up over your head and use bobby pins or hair clips to hold it all in place that's what we do with my friends long hair and also know short wigs are easer to place on front to bag best was to keep the cap on and your long wigs back to front the long hair can get stuck or ranges in the clips some times. I hope this helps

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:56:06 am »
I use the top of an old stocking. I cut it at the open end so it's about a foot long, it works pretty well - it's fraying a bit now but I've had it quite a while, plus since it's originally meant to go around a thigh it stays on my head fairly well. My hair is only a bit past my shoulders though,  it might not work as well for someone with longer hair.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »
I have super long hair that falls pass my waist. I find that it helps to wear two. (just thought I'd throw that out there)
They sometimes sell them at Value Village. Sometimes they come with the wig and they should be sold at wig stores.
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 03:52:48 pm »
I hate using the net type wig caps. They never worked when I had super long hair. I could get the stocking-ish type at a salon that had two in a bag for a buck. I took sections of my hair twirled it around and pinnned that section on the top of my head and then I did the same with the rest. It worked pretty well. Then I just used clippies to keep the wig secured on the wig cap. It always worked pretty well for me.

Luckily I don't have this problem anymore since I have super short hair now.  ;D
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:05:07 pm »
when I had a cosplay that needed  a wig my hair was really long, I had more luck braiding it and pining the braids around my head, making sure they didnt over lap
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids