Author Topic: characters no one could figure out  (Read 27781 times)

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
characters no one could figure out
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2006, 01:26:36 am »
Antares-  OMG... I TOTALLY recognized your boyfriend as Mappy!!! ^___^  I was waiting for him to swing by the Artist Alley side, but when I saw him walking off, I chased after him.  I was like, "You're Mappy... aren't you!"  I got a button for recognizing him.  I LOVE that game!  The music started playing in my head for a good half hour.  Definitely a classic. ^__^
Am I on one of those hidden camera shows?

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006, 02:41:53 am »
I did Duo Lon from King of Fighters 2003, but my costume was incomplete and funny, I had the coat down aside from the two missing dragons in the back and the odd cone hair piece in the back of his head, and I had red ribbons in my hair (which he does now, but I needed them to keep my hair extentions on my head.) Otherwise I was picture perfect. Only two people knew who I was, and one of them was a fellow gamer from the gamers room. We chatted a little on how Duo Lon was the only KOF character ever to be banned from tounaments, they made me very happy.

Offline EvilAuthor

• Cabbit
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2006, 06:44:36 am »
My friend and I cosplayed the girls hanging on to Greed in episode 30 of Full Metal Alchemist. We had to tell people who we were, but once we told them, they freaked out over us and said things like "How original" and "Such a cute idea."
I don't think people realised I was cosplaying Misa from Death Note half of Sunday. One little girl asked for a picture of Misa and I loved her for it, but apparently she only knew me because she thought my autograph book was my death note. After I found that out, I went to the dealer's room and bought a mini death note...It didn't help anyone figure out who I was.
Cannon romance is for lazy fans

Offline nonomi

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2006, 07:18:32 am »
...wow
Thinking hurts and thoughts dont rhyme.
To those of us who've never tried to find a face behind our lipstick smiles, and as our pretty faces die our broken hearts will wonder why the makeup just won't hide the scars of time.

Offline Anza

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/anza
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2006, 09:38:26 am »
I was Kurenai from Red Ninja: End of Honor with my friend as the failure ninja Akemi (she's never shown in the commercials.) Yeah next to no one knew who we were. Actually I don't think anyone really did ^^;;

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2006, 11:04:53 am »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"
I thought it was really funny how  many people asked "Can I take your pictire?  BTW, who are you?"  XD  So at least my costumes were good!  Doesn't anyone have old school CLAMP knowledge?!?!  EVEN better to be standing next to Li and Sakura and people ask to take their pictures and for me to step aside, lol!  I'm a CLAMP character too!!

Nataku from X and Subaru Sumeragi from Tokyo Babylon. Let's hear it for old school CLAMP!!!

Omg, I thought I saw a Nataku running around somewhere, but I thought my eyes were failing me!  That's so awesome; almost no one cosplays as characters from the older series anymore.  I wish I had been able to see the costumes up close ;_;

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2006, 11:26:13 am »
Quote from: "spicylemon"

Oh my gosh! I saw you in the main lobby and I yelled "kOKOROOOO!!" but I guess you didn't hear me~ T_______T

Though, I did see one of your pictures in somebody's photoshoot gallery, and I did save it~ XD I've only seen a few episodes of it, but it's such a cute series!

Ohhhh, I must not have heard you...T_T  

But I'm really glad somebody recognized the costume, thanks <3

btw, can I see that picture?

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2006, 06:11:43 pm »
alot of people thought I was Misa from Deathnote...lolx
People thought I looked like her XD
But it was for the Pocky Club Panel...I ended up wearing longer than i had expected. lolx (Red and white uniform)
And not many people knew I was Bou from An Cafe (odoru) lolx
But..people thought i was cute..so I gues it is okae' lolx
I like goats.

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2006, 06:38:40 pm »
Quote from: "xRIxKUx"
alot of people thought I was Misa from Deathnote...lolx
People thought I looked like her XD
But it was for the Pocky Club Panel...I ended up wearing longer than i had expected. lolx (Red and white uniform)
And not many people knew I was Bou from An Cafe (odoru) lolx
But..people thought i was cute..so I gues it is okae' lolx

I saw you as Bou! I was gonna run up and say, "Hi Bou-kun!" but I was too shy...>///<

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2006, 07:03:15 pm »
sad i wish you did. then we could have been good friends! lolx
I like goats.

Offline spicylemon

• Sailor Scout
    • http://spicylemon.deviantart.com/
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2006, 07:34:42 pm »
Quote from: "Aurora"

Oh my gosh! I saw you in the main lobby and I yelled "kOKOROOOO!!" but I guess you didn't hear me~ T_______T

Though, I did see one of your pictures in somebody's photoshoot gallery, and I did save it~ XD I've only seen a few episodes of it, but it's such a cute series!

Ohhhh, I must not have heard you...T_T  

But I'm really glad somebody recognized the costume, thanks <3

btw, can I see that picture?

Hehe~ <3

Here it is! Sry~ I don't remember whose album I snagged it from! XD Anyone wanna take credit?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/spicylemon/kumoricon06/ConventionImages031.jpg

(:
LAWLIET!! XD

Suoh Tamaki - 2006
~~ yay for pinatas! WHOO!

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2006, 08:56:10 pm »
Quote from: "Rushifa"
Quote from: "MistressLegato"
I thought it was really funny how  many people asked "Can I take your pictire?  BTW, who are you?"  XD  So at least my costumes were good!  Doesn't anyone have old school CLAMP knowledge?!?!  EVEN better to be standing next to Li and Sakura and people ask to take their pictures and for me to step aside, lol!  I'm a CLAMP character too!!

Nataku from X and Subaru Sumeragi from Tokyo Babylon. Let's hear it for old school CLAMP!!!

Omg, I thought I saw a Nataku running around somewhere, but I thought my eyes were failing me!  That's so awesome; almost no one cosplays as characters from the older series anymore.  I wish I had been able to see the costumes up close ;_;

*glomp tackle!! *  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  That makes me a happy kitty!  *purr*

As for Kurenai,  I recognized her!  I was like "OMFG! HER PANTIES are SHOWING!  I know exactly who that is!!!  XD"
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2006, 09:42:40 pm »
Quote from: "Aurora"

Here it is! Sry~ I don't remember whose album I snagged it from! XD Anyone wanna take credit?

That was my image. Obviously, go ahead and take it/share it/everything. That's why we upload the pictures!
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX

Offline BlackFireShinobi

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2006, 09:47:37 pm »
I cosplayed as Byakko from Yami no Matsuei...Not alot of people knew who I was or from...it was sad. :cry:
Though, I got a whole bunch of picture taken of me.  :D
<3
Picture should be in signature.
Kumoricon 06 Rocked!
Me as Byakko.

<3

Offline anime_fan810808

• Sailor Scout
    • http://animefan810808.deviantart.com/
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2006, 10:39:04 pm »
The first day I was schoolboy naruto and I had people thinking I was kyo from dir en grey. lol. And then the rest of the time I was Reita from Gazette. Some people recognixed me...but I had a lot of "What anime are you from?" Not anime people....jrock. JROCK!!
For the love of Reita.......BE A MAN!!!

(¯`v´¯)
.`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·. REITA!!!!

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2006, 11:19:37 pm »
I had on my Maho (from Beck) cos for a couple of days. Admittedly I went sans wig, but I didn't have anyone recognize me.  o.O

Beck is awesome people! :-D

Offline Kumorisaint

• Oni
Characters no one can figure out
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 08:10:17 am »
I went as ME, only me.  But Four people asked me if i was a folk singer from blah blah blah (enter ridiculously long name of manga here cause i cant member it) becaseu I was carrying my guitar with me and I apparently look just like him  :!:  REALLY?!?!?! THERE IS AN ANIME WITH A GUY WEARING A NORMA JEAN SHIRT GIRLPANTS WITH AN EMO HAIRCUT??!??!??!? I GOTTA READ THAT!

Offline Rexnemo

• Oni
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 10:31:36 am »
I went as the weapons merchant from Resident Evil 4.
I was the tall fellow in the black cloak and the purple mask. I only cosplayed the first day because it became very to breath through that damn mask.
yep
-Craig

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2006, 04:08:14 pm »
@xRIxKUx:

hey, we can still be friends....right?!

I'm Nori btw....

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2006, 05:45:48 pm »
Quote from: "BlackFireShinobi"
I cosplayed as Byakko from Yami no Matsuei...Not alot of people knew who I was or from...it was sad. :cry:
<3

I loved your costume. <3 Sucks that I couldn't get to the photoshoot, though. ._.; Damn you, line.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline x HatakeKakashi x

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2006, 07:20:08 pm »
Quote from: "anime_fan810808"
The first day I was schoolboy naruto and I had people thinking I was kyo from dir en grey. lol. And then the rest of the time I was Reita from Gazette. Some people recognixed me...but I had a lot of "What anime are you from?" Not anime people....jrock. JROCK!!

Hehe.
Sorry, I asked you if you were Kyo. xD
You looked like him!
Couldn't help it! xD
But yes, I noticed you were Reita! I was like *points and squeals really quietly...walks away*
nyappy. C:

Offline anime_fan810808

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2006, 07:38:29 pm »
Quote from: "x HatakeKakashi x"
Quote from: "anime_fan810808"

Hehe.
Sorry, I asked you if you were Kyo. xD
You looked like him!
Couldn't help it! xD
But yes, I noticed you were Reita! I was like *points and squeals really quietly...walks away*

lol. It's not a problem. I like kyo. It just started to feel like everyone was jrock challenged. and this saddens me. You should have talked to me! or...something >.> lol

(¯`v´¯)
.`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
"Who are you from?"
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2006, 09:26:00 pm »
People who know their DBZ knew I was Vegeta from the Trunks Saga on Sunday night, in the pink BadMan shirt, but some folks didn't know: "Are you a troll?"  ?????  Wow people forget so quickly.  Oh well.

And I do try to keep up on series/games so I can ID them at cons and take pics, even if it's just reading up on them.

I think ALL of the cosplayers at Kumori con '06 were fantastic, and I do mean all of them!
Anipike.com/Ani-maid productions
cosplayer, reporter
Preparing to make a cosplay comeback...

Offline anime_fan810808

• Sailor Scout
Re: "Who are you from?"
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2006, 09:58:39 pm »
Quote from: "cpardo"
People who know their DBZ knew I was Vegeta from the Trunks Saga on Sunday night, in the pink BadMan shirt, but some folks didn't know: "Are you a troll?"  ?????  Wow people forget so quickly.  Oh well.

And I do try to keep up on series/games so I can ID them at cons and take pics, even if it's just reading up on them.

I think ALL of the cosplayers at Kumori con '06 were fantastic, and I do mean all of them!

omg...you were vegeta??? I sooo wish i had seen you. I <3 Vegeta.

(¯`v´¯)
.`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2006, 02:10:48 am »
Quote from: "Renkruia"
I was dressed as Melissa Mao from Full Metal Panic and had my share of people walking up and asking who I was. Only one person asked me "Are you from Full Metal Panic?" which made me squee and blabber for a little. I think for the most part, people thought I was a random military NPC or something (which is understandable).

Gah!  That was me!  I'm actually kinda shy sometimes, so I know I recognized several people but didn't really come out and say anything... :oops:
But you seemed psyched when I asked about your costume!  And I think I kinda blabbered a little too.  ^^;

Quote from: "Trumby"
Well on Saturday I wore my Chloe crossplay and like...maybe 15 people recognized who I was, it kind of made me sad..but at the same time, those of you who knew who I was, I freaking love you for it.

:oops: I totally recognized you!  I was thinking OMG CHLOE!  Because she's one of my favorite anime characters ever, but I kinda found myself unable to say anything.  ^^;  
I was actually impressed because I mustered up enough boldness to yell "TOHMA SEGUCHI!" at a Tohma cosplayer and then run away.

Quote from: "cpardo"
People who know their DBZ knew I was Vegeta from the Trunks Saga on Sunday night, in the pink BadMan shirt

YES!  That Badman shirt rocked my socks.  I had to give you a shoutout for that one. :D   I was all, "that was the best thing Vegeta ever wore!"
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2006, 09:41:42 am »
Quote from: "misamisa"
Quote from: "Trumby"
Well on Saturday I wore my Chloe crossplay and like...maybe 15 people recognized who I was, it kind of made me sad..but at the same time, those of you who knew who I was, I freaking love you for it.

:oops: I totally recognized you!  I was thinking OMG CHLOE!  Because she's one of my favorite anime characters ever, but I kinda found myself unable to say anything.  ^^;  
I was actually impressed because I mustered up enough boldness to yell "TOHMA SEGUCHI!" at a Tohma cosplayer and then run away.

Haha, yes! Glad another person recognized me :D But don't feel bad, I was the same way at Kcon '05 and even somewhat at Sakura-con '06 with talking to random people. You'll get better at it ^-^
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2006, 01:35:05 pm »
The first day I went as SnJ Iruka..... only a few diehards figured it out but that made me happy cause then they would spaz out and it was freaking adorable! The second day I went as Hyatt for Excel Saga and no one figured it out.... I coughed up blood I died on random people and I "Hailed whoever was near me!" yet no one.... Oh well I had fun regardless!
Secrety secrets!

Offline ambergen87

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2006, 06:04:18 pm »
I was Kuroneko-sama from Trigun on Saturday. *sweatdrop* It was more of a cat-girl version. *cries* Everyone thought I was just an ordnary cat-girl. I even had a name tag on and engraved!

I did have one guy take a pic of me and he hung around me for a while. He also said I was hot. I thought to myself with a sweatdrop, "This is sad. That a 14 year old thinks I'm hot and men my own age think I'm not." *lightbulb shines* Hey, that rhymed.
Randomness is good for the soul.

The swag lady.

Cosplay for Kumoricon 2011:
Saturday: Lolita
Sunday: Seychelles
Monday: Catgirl Schoolgirl

Friday: Random yukata girl
Sat: Don't know
Sun: Don't know
Mon: Raine from Final Fantasy VIII

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2006, 11:39:03 pm »
Quote from: "BlackFireShinobi"
<3

I knew RIGHT away! Byakko is my fave Yami no Matsuei character (well, besides Terazuma . . . ) !!!  I've loved him for YEARS!  I was sooo happy to seem him cosplayed, and cosplayed so well!!!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Lhumen

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace Profile
Makoto Mizuhara
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2006, 08:46:23 pm »
I was a character from an older more obscure anime running around in a blue school suit and red tie with a cat strapped across my chest. My character was Makoto Mizuhara from El Hazard (From the creator of the Tenchi Muyo! series) - the cat was Ura. ^_^.
2007 Cosplay Schedule:
Saturday + Sunday Syaoran Li (Tsubasa Chronicles)
Monday Lvl 1 Human Mage (World of Warcraft)

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2006, 10:09:05 pm »
THAT was his name!!!  I recognized the cat thing across your jacket, and I knew you were from El Hazard, and I was thinking, "he's that guy who has to pretend to be Princess Fatora!"  I couldn't remember your character's name because it's honestly been like 12 years since I last watched El Hazard. ^ ^;  That and the only other names that came to mind were Shayla Shalya, Miz Misthal.   Your Ura looked way cool though. ^__^

Offline Lhumen

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2006, 08:28:49 am »
Quote from: "OtokoNoShufu"
THAT was his name!!!  I recognized the cat thing across your jacket, and I knew you were from El Hazard, and I was thinking, "he's that guy who has to pretend to be Princess Fatora!"  I couldn't remember your character's name because it's honestly been like 12 years since I last watched El Hazard. ^ ^;  That and the only other names that came to mind were Shayla Shalya, Miz Misthal.   Your Ura looked way cool though. ^__^

Lol thank you!

I wasn't expecting too many people to know my costume being at least a 12 year old anime as you said. And especially now with a new generation of younger anime fans coming to power who are fed on easily accessable Cartoon Netork anime's - not that I'm against it by any means I love that anime is becoming popular and more mainstream and a lot of the programming on Cartoon Netork. But that they either don't or can't afford to go back and watch the older classic anime's out there. (Eek! Sorry if I ranted there a little.)

The outfit was a challenge - basically the first costume I made so I'm glad it turned out recognizable at the very least. ^_^! And it was pretty comfortable and easy to wear unless I went outside - being made of fleece and in a suit it didn't add up very well for those 3 days.
2007 Cosplay Schedule:

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Makoto Mizuhara
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2006, 08:47:57 am »
Quote from: "Lhumen"
I was a character from an older more obscure anime running around in a blue school suit and red tie with a cat strapped across my chest. My character was Makoto Mizuhara from El Hazard (From the creator of the Tenchi Muyo! series) - the cat was Ura. ^_^.

I knew what series it was from but I had no clue what the guy's name was.  I saw the cat-thing then the uniform and thought "Oh yeah, from EL Hazard."  I remember watching an episode or two I think on the international channel years ago.

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2006, 10:24:47 am »
Hehe... well, along with fellow classic Pioneer anime, Tenchi Muyo, only the first El Hazard series really kept my interest.  I tried watching Wanderers and couldn't do it. ^ ^;  But the first season... OMG... Classic!  

But yeah, I always feel better about cosplaying as characters that I like or that are at least from series that I like versus going as characters from series that I don't really dig, but that people will automatically recognize.  It's a gamble, but personally it makes me feel less like a cop out.  Like my first con back in '00 when I cosplayed as Leon from Resident Evil/Biohazard 2.  Maybe 5 people recognized me. ^ ^;  Also my first cosplay ever.  But it's always great when people DO recognize you and give you props for going with a series/character that you really like. ^__^

Offline Lhumen

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2006, 07:03:16 pm »
Hehe... well, along with fellow classic Pioneer anime, Tenchi Muyo, only the first El Hazard series really kept my interest.  I tried watching Wanderers and couldn't do it. ^ ^;  But the first season... OMG... Classic!  

But yeah, I always feel better about cosplaying as characters that I like or that are at least from series that I like versus going as characters from series that I don't really dig, but that people will automatically recognize.  It's a gamble, but personally it makes me feel less like a cop out.  Like my first con back in '00 when I cosplayed as Leon from Resident Evil/Biohazard 2.  Maybe 5 people recognized me. ^ ^;  Also my first cosplay ever.  But it's always great when people DO recognize you and give you props for going with a series/character that you really like. ^__^

Yeah, I couldn't watch the Wanderer's either. It was a completely different story and the quality didn't seem to be there. El Hazard; magnificent world 1& 2 and the alternative world were all very good.

I agree, the first cosplay I did was Itachi (Naruto) for a few reason's. The first and foremost was the accessability of the costume via ebay/online stores and the lack of time I had to put something together. I also have a similiar body setup and the character seemed to be pretty nifty. So i went with it and got quite a few comments/pictures. However this time around I was much more comfortable with my character and enjoyed cosplaying him a lot more. Not quite as many pictures but the people who did take my picture tended to stay and talk - all in all it pretty much made my day and was well worth it to play the obscure rather then the common place character.
2007 Cosplay Schedule:

Offline Lhumen

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2006, 07:06:01 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

I knew what series it was from but I had no clue what the guy's name was.  I saw the cat-thing then the uniform and thought "Oh yeah, from EL Hazard."  I remember watching an episode or two I think on the international channel years ago.

Thank you for the reply ^_^! El Hazard is downright hilarious - definetly worth watching (or finishing).
2007 Cosplay Schedule:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2006, 07:57:03 pm »
yeah i was used to people not reconizing till they asked my boyfriend for his pic and he said he needed his ururu (he so sweet) and there like oh ururu
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline otakusan

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.otakusan.deviantart.com
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2006, 09:10:41 pm »

dude! thats awesome! i love el hazard!!!
bummer i didnt see you there.

POCKY!!!!!!!!!
0_0
0_o

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2006, 11:19:51 pm »
Quote from: "Lin"
...The second day I went as Hyatt for Excel Saga and no one figured it out.... I coughed up blood I died on random people and I "Hailed whoever was near me!" yet no one.... Oh well I had fun regardless!

OMG, had I seen you, I totally would have recognized you!  That's awesome, Excel Saga rocks! (just wish I'd seen more of it)

Offline Micardyn

• Cabbit
    • Life [Condensed]
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2006, 11:53:34 pm »
Quote from: "Kyuubi"
No one knew me. I was the ONLY Wolfs Rain cosplayer there. I was hige. T-T No one loves Wolfs Rain.

I saw you a lot on Saturday. And what's more, I knew exactly who you were cosplaying as. Maybe that's because I know you... but eh... who's counting that? Next year I'll go as Blue for you, how's that?

Lemme see, I went as random vampire #6 from Hellsing on Saturday. Anyone that went through the long registration line would know me as the girl with curly hair and the black trench coat. Which, some guy had the same one. (Dude, that was awesome by the way.)

Sunday I was my QQQ character, Izzy. That wouldn't have been noticable. I was helping in the game room with a Halo tournament.
'Never let fear stop you from doing the little things in life...'

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2006, 05:46:05 pm »
I was my own version of a Slytherin. ^^;;

No one knew until I put meh sign up.
-^.^-

Offline Lhumen

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2006, 10:42:51 pm »
Quote from: "otakusan"

dude! thats awesome! i love el hazard!!!
bummer i didnt see you there.

I'm glad to hear my character has fans!

Well, I should be running around Sakuracon up in Seattle if you're going to that one at all - plus I'm sure I'll be back for Kumoricon '07!
2007 Cosplay Schedule:

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2006, 11:54:28 pm »
You know, honestly, I don't think anyone recognized my character.... just no Kenshin fans, and if they were, they haven't seen Misao Makimachi, we weasel Ninja girl who took over as leader of the Oniwabanshu.... *sigh* Those who did recognize me and actually wanted my picture I was over joyed!! ^.^
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Hakushaku

• Sailor Scout
    • http://hakushaku.deviantart.com
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2006, 03:17:49 pm »
A lot of people knew who I was, but I did get a couple asking me who I was, what anime I was from, ect.....and someone thought I was a guy from Gray Man...... :roll:  :lol:
Kumoricon 2012/2013 Cosplay:

Count of Monte Cristo ~GANKUTSUOU~

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2006, 04:03:09 pm »
well i dunno if people figured out that i was sally from the nightmare before christmas or if i just wasn't welcome *sweatdrop*

i would have been rosette from crono crusade but sadly, i couldn't get ti ready in time :cry:  so i just went with last years halloween costume :p

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2006, 12:39:21 am »
Quote from: "corpsic beauty"
well i dunno if people figured out that i was sally from the nightmare before christmas or if i just wasn't welcome *sweatdrop*

Heheh...  I'm sure it wasn't the case of you not being welcome. ^__^;  And by technicality, Sally was in both Kingdom Hearts games and thus has a legitimate reason to be at the Con.  And heck, just being in costume and enjoying yourself is what counts.  Right?  I did afterall see a Shaggy and Velma at Con, plus numerous Harry Potter cosplayers.  There's no anime for either Scooby Doo or HP, but it's kinda like a second Halloween anyhow.  

Yes, I'll recognize the abundance of HP Doujin, but the idea of Scooby doujin kinda scares me. ^_^;;;

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2006, 01:37:01 am »

Yes, I'll recognize the abundance of HP Doujin, but the idea of Scooby doujin kinda scares me. ^_^;;;

You *know* it exists. It *has* to.

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2006, 06:48:44 pm »
it probably does. in the far off regions of this galexey there is a douijin......THERE IS!

and look on ebay if you really wanna find it or not lol. everything is there....EVERYTHING!

Offline Bluebird

• Oni
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2006, 02:41:11 pm »
Quote from: "Dark_Lady_Kassendra"
You know, honestly, I don't think anyone recognized my character.... just no Kenshin fans, and if they were, they haven't seen Misao Makimachi, we weasel Ninja girl who took over as leader of the Oniwabanshu.... *sigh* Those who did recognize me and actually wanted my picture I was over joyed!! ^.^

Oh dude I love Rurouni Kenshin and the Kyoto Arc was the BEST!
Misao could kick a Naruto Kunoichi's butt any day...

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2006, 03:11:54 pm »
I once cosplayed a character by accident.  I had just thrown on some clean clothes, and then everyone kept grabbing me and having their friends take a picture of them with me.

After about an hour of this confusion I finally asked someone what was going on, because I wasn't in cosplay, and I was beginning to think I was going insane.

They promptly told me that I was the Kumori Con Girl. :lol:

Of course, this happened at Sakura Con, while wearing an 'I *heart* yaoi" shirt, so now I always look at the Kumori Con mascot with suspicion, as I think she's trying to steal my things.  :?
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.